It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Cheap and Easy Plan to Stop Global Warming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Stangely enough, the plan to outift business and military jets with equipment sounds like a
commonly known conspiracy. Yet each time these scientists come around year after year,
they seem to be ramping up the idea of using planes to spray chemicals into the atmosphere.

Here is the plan. Customize several Gulfstream business jets with military engines and with equipment to produce and disperse fine droplets of sulfuric acid. Fly the jets up around 20 kilometers—significantly higher than the cruising altitude for a commercial jetliner but still well within their range. At that altitude in the tropics, the aircraft are in the lower stratosphere.

The planes spray the sulfuric acid, carefully controlling the rate of its release. The sulfur combines with water vapor to form sulfate aerosols, fine particles less than a micrometer in diameter. These get swept upward by natural wind patterns and are dispersed over the globe, including the poles

Well, that sounds familiar! Are they testing us, seeing what the public reaction is year after year?
I think so, and if so let it be known that its a diabolical scheme, and will never be accepted by the public!

They continue to push this, even though it’s well known that the particles can facilitate
the chemical reactions that lead to ozone loss, permanent whitening of the sky, once its started
it has to be continued indefinitely,

Once spread across the stratosphere, the aerosols will reflect about 1 percent of the sunlight hitting Earth back into space. Increasing what scientists call the planet’s albedo, or reflective power, will partially offset the warming effects caused by rising levels of greenhouse gases.www.technologyreview.com...

“The sooner we find out whether it works or not, the better.” says the [mad] scientist
David Keith. Both Keith, and another Scientist, Paul Kruzan have focused work on the use
of sulfate aerosols released in the atmosphere, and in particular and see this as worthy of
research and experimentation.

The idea of using sulfur particles to counteract warming is not new.
This concept is one of many also known as solar radiation management, or SRM.
And familiar is the idea of planes spraying chemicals, sulfate aerosols.

Here are a few things to remember, and factor in to what you see in the future.

"While sulfates would be likely to offset warming, it’s not clear how they would affect precipitation"

"No one thinks that field experiments involving tiny amounts of sulfur would be physically dangerous, says Parson. “What concerns people,” he says, “is the political and social consequences of the research going ahead, followed by bigger and bigger experiments—and then you’re on the slippery slope all the way to full-scale deployment.”

"It would be an extreme action, creating a different planet—even the color of the sky would be whiter."

"It is often assumed that SRM would be “turned on with a big switch,” says Keith. “But there’s no reason you can’t ramp it up.”

So all, its time to make your resistance to this crazy idea known, speak out loud and often,
as if they are not doing it already ( many think they are ) then they plan on doing it.

This is as clear as it gets.

Related threads for understanding of the issue:
Bill Gates Backs Climate Scientists Lobbying

The Powerful Coalition That Wants To Engineer The World's Climate

edit on 19-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'm sure it has already been tested. Gates had that idea also from the scientists he hired. It would be easier and a lot cheaper if people just did not buy things they did not really need and combine trips to the store. People don't need to be flying all over the world spreading diseases and hauling invasive species around either. Our populations are getting irrationally spoiled at an increasing rate. China isn't going to make things if nobody buys them.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Very good points, even if mankind is not the reason for climate change.
Many scientists think that Climate Change is part of the earths natural cycle,
and dont think the planet is warming, other than a passing trend in a larger cycle.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by rickymouse

Very good points, even if mankind is not the reason for climate change.
Many scientists think that Climate Change is part of the earths natural cycle,
and dont think the planet is warming, other than a passing trend in a larger cycle.

Even if we aren't causing it we are still doing a LOT of things to make it worse. The cure is the same either way, we have to quit dumping things in the oceans and sky. We need to be rational about things. We have improved a little but when cars got more efficient people started to travel more and overall pollution increased, especially high in the sky where there are no trees..

I don't think a tax will clean the air myself. Especially if the USA is planning on using it to pay off the debt.
edit on 19-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

I don't think a tax will clean the air myself. Especially if the USA is planning on using it to pay off the debt.

More good insight from you, agreed, what good is taxation? The pollution needs to stop,
yet for some reason the agencies keep allowing more of it, and turning a blind eye,
while ramping up talks of carbon tax and a frenzy of summits and talks.

What a load of hot air they are.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

More good insight from you, agreed, what good is taxation? The pollution needs to stop,
yet for some reason the agencies keep allowing more of it, and turning a blind eye,
while ramping up talks of carbon tax and a frenzy of summits and talks.

What a load of hot air they are.

All that hot air causes global warming to increase. The common people are getting fired up

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

"It is often assumed that SRM would be “turned on with a big switch,” says Keith. “But there’s no reason you can’t ramp it up.”

Isn't that how they begin everything? Small then ramp it up?

David Keith is a scary fellow:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This makes no sense at all to me. Instead of not being gross pollutive pigs, let's spray a nasty, corrosive material in the air and call it disaster averted. Hooray! Not.

Is it really beneath us to opt for cleaner manufacturing & energy, reducing waste, and so forth? Global warming aside, could we not just shape the F up and be less disgusting? Talk about sh***ing where we eat.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is a joke I hope?

Counter man made global warming with human stupidity. Sounds great to me.

The impact of this kind of bs is impossible to predict. There's no way to tell how it'll impact or influence the entire globe. It could go from making it worse, no impact or kick of a new Ice age.

Anyway.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

There is no "global warming", the whole solar system is warming up:

solar system warming articles

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks Johnny! I hope to be able to tune into this show,
and have a listen! Mondo Bizarro is one of my favorite parts!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Isn't that how they begin everything? Small then ramp it up?

Yes, and usually they test it first, without public knowledge. This Keith guy is
a strange one, did you catch this part? The guy is mad!

For very brief spells, Keith sometimes lapses into animated annoyance with SRM critics. A moment later, however, he is calmly and logically countering the criticism with responses he has developed after years of thinking and writing about geoengineering. www.technologyreview.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nidwin
This is a joke I hope?

I wish! Sadly, these mad scientists have been at this idea for well over a decade,
and everytime it hits the news they are bolder and bolder. Kind of makes you wonder
what they might be up to.

And yes, your right all of those points are very valid, several critics of the sulfate aerosol
scheme say it is extremely dangerous!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Yes, I would agree, and climate change is normal in the cycles of earths weather patterns.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

So if the whole solar system is warming up, which appears to be at least partially true, wouldn't it be pertinent to say the earth is warming also? Next assumption I would state is wouldn't it be wise of us, since we can, to lower the warming practices that we are adding to a warming planet? What I propose is looking out for earths biosphere, the place where we live. I don't give a damn if Saturn and Jupiter get warmer and their ability to sustain life on their planets. I want the only planet that is full of life in this solar system to remain that way.

We need to severely alter the negative impact we are having on the planet. To do this will mean that everyone will be required to be satisfied with what they need. Our needs do not destroy the world, our wants do. Cows don't destroy the atmosphere, the corn that makes them fart does, the garbage we feed them does. the food that is thrown in the trash destroys the world, not the food we eat. The making of items that are discarded before their time because of either planned obsolescence or failure designed into them so they don't last long destroys our planet. Thinking buying something new is better than the old that you already have destroys the world. The economic system we now incorporate on a global scale is very wasteful.

Taxes won't solve this, the only solution is if we either stop this destructive nature or most of mankind dies. There are powerful people in this world that can make the second part happen.

This is supposed to be aimed at planetx but somehow I hit the wrong target I think
friendly fire

edit on 20-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The economic system we now incorporate on a global scale is very wasteful.

Taxes won't solve this, the only solution is if we either stop this destructive nature or most of mankind dies. There are powerful people in this world that can make the second part happen.

These are all true. Sadly, I see it that those with the most power create the most pollution.
Take Monsanto for example, one of the worst corportations voted into the hall of shame
year after year. From the GMO seed that will not reproduce, to the toxic pesticides,
to the harm done by way of tansgenic altering of the food, which is toxic to humans,
therefore creating sickness, reliance on toxic medicines. They are given a pass by the
USDA, The FDA, and The EPA. This is all on purpose, yet this contributes greatly to
the pollution of the earth, and the killing of mankind.

AGW is not a proven science, yet for over a decade new taxes have been passed on
due to its supposed existence, this is not an answer to the problem. But it does
supply those in power with more power.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

thats actualy a horrible idea, it blocks out the sun and reduces parcipitation and what does fall is extremly acidic and kills plants and animals
theres a ducumentary on this
www.youtube.com...
this is just part one but it explains what sulphur related pollutants can do

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by grey9438

Yes, it is a horrible idea, and as you have said, it does not work!
Even if AGW was an actual scientic event (which is not proven) this would
do nothing to stop it, most scientific studies done on models even prove this out.

I keep wondering then why do they keep proposing this? I wonder if they
have been doing it, and now are going to have to admit it and that it has failed,
and has had unintended consequences.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

well my personal oppinion its done by compaines that would risk losing money if a proper plan to stop global warming were to actualy be put in place, such as reduce fossil fuel use by trying to make solar technology work and instead propose this quick fix, not that I have any proof of that but im sure if you follow the money trail youd come to it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join