It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer Speakers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hey guys! My grandmother has a HP Pavilion Slimline series computer. It runs great, but it does not have speakers! I was wondering if you fellow computer gentleman & (ladies) knew if I need to buy some special kind of HP speakers for her or can I just buy any generic speakers? I am sorry I am ignorant when it comes to computers. Thanks you all so much for your help!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You don't need special speakers for a given brand of computer. They don't have to be "Hewlett Packard" speakers.
If you have thrift stores or Goodwill stores in your area, check them out!

I have found good PC sound systems for almost nothing. Literally a couple dollars!

Logitech, Creatives and even hi-end Bose and Audiogenie speakers, with amps and sub-woofers even!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Any generic speakers should do the job. As long as they have a standard jack and either a usb for power or the larger ones have a normal plug. Depends on the quality of sound you want.

edit: As coleyounger said, logitech make some very good, very cheap speakers.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Flatcoat because: ¿porque?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Stereo speakers with a 3.5mm jack will do just fine - I doubt your granny has a sound card capable of 5.1 or 7.1 sound, so you most likely just need the basics.

The input on the back of the computer will be labeled. =]

You can buy used as the previous poster mentioned, or you can buy new and still really inexpensive at newegg.com or amazon.com.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

I use speakers that came with a portable CD player at a dollar store.And I too have a HP.So no,you do not need to buy brand name speakers.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Topher:
This might help:

HP speaker install

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

I doubt your granny has a sound card capable of 5.1 or 7.1 sound, so you most likely just need the basics

How do you know? Some of us grannies like to rock out!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

I doubt your granny has a sound card capable of 5.1 or 7.1 sound, so you most likely just need the basics

How do you know? Some of us grannies like to rock out!

Maybe so, but no one rocks like you littled!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thank you all for the help!

top topics

join