It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast-Growing Sunspot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am only bringing this to ATS because I think its worth keeping an eye on, see if it produces anything significant.

www.spaceweather.com...

FAST-GROWING SUNSPOT: Less than a day ago, sunspot AR1678 didn't exist. Now it is three times wider than our entire planet. NASA Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded the sunspot's rapid development:

Just a few minutes ago there was only a small percentage of an M and X flare. Now it has spiked. M- 55% and X-15%

Sunspots are islands of magnetism that float on the surface of the sun. This one is emerging from depth and changing at such a rapid pace that its magnetic field is likely unstable. A re-connection event in AR1678's magnetic canopy could lead to a significant solar flare.

A Reconnection Event is described here by NASA.. science.nasa.gov...

Magnetic reconnection could be the Universe's favorite way to make things explode. It operates anywhere magnetic fields pervade space--which is to say almost everywhere. On the sun magnetic reconnection causes solar flares as powerful as a billion atomic bombs. In Earth's atmosphere, it fuels magnetic storms and auroras. In laboratories, it can cause big problems in fusion reactors. It's ubiquitous. The problem is, researchers can't explain it

www.solarham.net...
edit on 19-2-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Wasn't there a thread yesterday about a psychic making a prediction about the sun doing strange things soon?

Twilight Zone music and what not...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

Was there? Dang... I missed it.

There are MANY predictions/prophecies that have to do with our Sun. I am not sure if there is any merit to all of them saying the same thing... but my eyes are open and watching just in case.

I am trying to find out if this sun spot is or will be earth directed.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Are we still on schedule for our solar maximum this year. I want to see the northern lights back in the sky..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Here is the latest information below from www.space.com...

The sun's peak of solar activity this year will likely be the quietest seen in at least 100 years, say NASA scientists who watch Earth's closest star daily. Sunspot numbers are low, researchers said, even as the sun reaches the peak of its 11-year activity cycle. Also, radio waves that are known to indicate high solar activity have been very subdued. "It's likely to be the lowest solar maximum, as measured by sunspot 'number,' in more than a century," wrote Joe Gurman, a project scientist for NASA's sun-observing mission Stereo, or Solar TErrestrial RElations Observatory. The current sun weather cycle is known as Solar Cycle 24.

The thing is.... we have been hearing this a lot lately, " we were surprised". The Sun may put on a show and become unpredictable. They have their prediction and I have mine. We will see.

Also, a lot of hype surrounded by Major Solar Flares and Storms. Why all the hype if its a dud, nothing to see here?

edit on 19-2-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Just kidding!

The Sun is a magnificent thing indeed! We have only been keeping track of it for such a short time, I am sure many surprises are still in store for us...just wait till the next Maunder Minimum comes around...fun times!
edit on 2/19/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

LOL! Love the DOOM!

What if we have lower sunspots like a maunder minimum but stronger flares? Is that possible?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I don't think that is possible but not positive. The Maunder Minimum is a drastic reduction is solar activity so...I don't know if it still has flares or not or if they are weak or strong...I know the last one is sometimes associated with "the little ice age" and "the year without a summer" but that is about all I know about it.

Where is Phage when we need him?

Earth to Phage...come in please....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

With it position I fear even if it were to kick off as I type we would only experience a glancing blow from any ejection. As it is already on the limb and about to turn out of view. But on that note have been watching this thing develop from its appearance and must say mixing well and should give us something, At least I hope, but it would have to be huge and coupled with the filiment to the left and the south to cause us great harm.

Still cool to see hopefully it puts on a show while the SDO still has it in sight.... if not Soho should give us a departing halo cause this thing looks too put together to not have even a small flare or CME

SaneThinking

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by Cataka

Was there? Dang... I missed it.

There are MANY predictions/prophecies that have to do with our Sun. I am not sure if there is any merit to all of them saying the same thing... but my eyes are open and watching just in case.

I am trying to find out if this sun spot is or will be earth directed.

Yeah, an Australian guy saying the sun will behave strangely soon:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

It is cool to see.. and watch.

From the Solarham link I gave in the Op, has this below.

a low level C-Class flare detected around new Sunspot 1678. This fast growing Sunspot continues to form to the southeast of region 1671 and may produce an isolated M-Class event within the next 24-48 hours depending on development.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I think they (flares) can still happen... and produce a major one ?? I'm unsure if it could produce such a strong flare and become erratic, but it seems as if it is plausible. Need to find out. lol

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Not sure if you've seen this yet.

YouTube Link

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BornOfSin

Yeah, thats a pretty wicked video... thanks for sharing.

We await a strong flare... possibly.

New sunspot AR1678 has developed a delta-class magnetic field that harbors energy for strong explosions. NOAA forecasters estimate a 45% chance of M-flares and a 15% chance of X-flares during the next 24 hours.

Last night there was a 55% chance of a M-flare, today now 45%.

Whats a delta class? Possibly one that could harbor an X class flare? Maybe.

I am still wondering if it is or would be Earth directed. I can't seem to find the answer.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hi MJ, just saw a blurb on msm about a massive coronal ejection? Any info on that?

It was one of those things you see as you are clicking onto email, I hit the back button but then could not find the article.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

If Im not mistaken its probably talking about the Flare that was produced on the 18th. At first there were reports a cme was created, but it wasnt. There hasn't been anything significant since, i dont believe, or have heard.

We may get a geomagnetic storm from it today though? Not sure.

The next few days should be interesting to keep an eye out on the "six times as big as earth" AR1678 sun spot.
edit on 21-2-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You are probably right, it is just so frustrating to see something on msm and then it vanishes. ATS is always my go to forum for the latest breaking news and well grounded information. We have quite the network here.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah, this is where I come for news as well. The whole " deny ignorance" is the reason why. If its real news, it will be on ATS quicker than anywhere.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
NASA's SDO Observes Fast-Growing Sunspot

SPACE.COM

Combined images from two instruments on the Solar Dynamics Observatory: the Helioseismic and Magnetic Imager, which takes pictures in visible light and the Advanced Imaging Assembly, which took an image showing the lower atmosphere of the sun. Image Credit: NASA/Goddard

As magnetic fields on the sun rearrange and realign, dark spots known as sunspots can appear on its surface. Over the course of Feb. 19-20, 2013, scientists watched a giant sunspot form in under 48 hours. The sunspot is shown in this image from the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO). It has grown to over six Earth diameters across, but its full extent is hard to judge since the spot lies on a sphere not a flat disk.

CHANCE OF FLARES: New sunspot AR1678 has developed a delta-class magnetic field that harbors energy for strong explosions. NOAA forecasters estimate a 45% chance of M-flares and a 15% chance of X-flares during the next 24 hours

15% chance of x class flare in next 24 hrs ...

major ed dames springs to mind

Pope will resign

North korea messes with nuclear weapons

something resembling the space shuttle falls from the sky burning ( russian meteroite?!?)

then its the killshot

these are the events predicted before a world changing event (not sure about the pope it might have been another prediction)
edit on 21/2/13 by Quantum_Squirrel because: added link to source

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

The prediction by the remote viewing team is similar if not the same to others in regards to what could happen with the sun/earth.

I watched this video again the other day just to remind myself what was said and to see if it has any merit as it didn't last year when I watched it. It feels right.... but intuition isn't scientific. So be it.

The Popes resignation may have to do with the Third Secret of Fatima which some say has to do with the Sun.

N. Korea is as jacked up as any nation can be. They just tested nukes underground a couple of weeks ago.

The "what looks like to be a space shuttle" has not happened yet, that I am aware of.

The video does say "what appears to be a meteor shower". Could it be the event in Russia? Who knows... but in time we will know for sure.

Mind is said to be outside of time. With each choice, a prediction or future event can change. I think that is the most important thing to note about a prediction or prophecy.

When he says "all the soldiers look up, and go home" was pretty wicked. As if their priorities change and they go home, "thats when it starts". Like there is something going on with our atmosphere.

Keeping an eye on the Sun is in my opinion a good idea. This sunspot may not be all that unusual and it may not harbor anything exciting as its not earth directed, but still worth keeping an eye on it.
edit on 21-2-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join