It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% PROOF The Iraq War Was A Lie- Declassified Rumsfeld Memos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+186 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
When we elect people to top level positions in power, the average American expects there to be accountability and honesty in government. Not wars for political and monetary gain. Now we have been screaming this forever around here, only to be ridiculed as "paranoid conspiracy theorists."

BUT WE WERE RIGHT.

These declassified memos show how the administration planned it in secrecy, and also key areas of concern. Oil being one of them.

maddowblog.msnbc.com...

Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, former chief of staff to Secretary of State Colin Powell, said Monday on MSNBC that he’s “damn sure the Bush administration cooked the books” when it came to pushing for the invasion of Iraq.

Wilkerson was speaking to host Ed Schultz about the Republican filibuster of Defense Secretary nominee Chuck Hagel, but transitioned into a plug for MSNBC’s new documentary “Hubris: Selling the Iraq War,” which aired Monday night.

The documentary featured never-before-seen memos by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, composed in November, 2001, clearly showing he and aides workshopping ideas for selling the invasion of Iraq. “US discovers Saddam connection to Sept. 11 attack or to anthrax attacks?” one possibility reads. “Dispute over WMD inspections? Start now thinking about inspection demands.”

www.rawstory.com...

Just take a look at that story, and what the former Chief of Staff is saying about it.

You won't find me using "100% PROOF" in any of my thread titles. But let there be no doubt anymore as to what type of governments rule us. They are scheming, secretive, lying SOBs, who will toss Amerikan blood on battlefields and not even think about it. They really DO NOT CARE anymore about the soldier's lives, or the family's lives who are so affected by this- much less the children and other innocents who bear the brunt of their lasting destruction with depleted uranium.

The Amerikan Dream.

You military still on the fence, it's time to step down on the side of freedom from this. We need a total cleansing.
edit on Tue Feb 19th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
the real surprise to me was that anyone actually believed it in the first place.

seriously, they suddenly start throwing around the word iraq straight after 911... they were gunning for a showdown

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm sure alot of us have already had our minds made up on this subject for awhile. There has certainly been enough circumstantial evidence to show this for a good decade now. So how to feel about this..

"Ha! Told ya so!" comes to mind. Solid evidence at last! Now we can act on it!

but I don't feel that way at all. Things of this nature that get declassified so soon just feels like they're rubbing our noses in it. Its just a big YEP! We fooled you all and will get away with it..

and they will, they already have or this would still be classified.
edit on 19-2-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Yeah well you may notice I put this in the General Conspiracies forum, because at this point, that's what this is. It is a vast, general conspiracy to defraud the average American of the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness. On all fronts. They don't represent the average American anymore. That's not what kind of people we are at heart. Not on the whole. And it's time our government was returned to a state of actual representation of good, honest working folks who would never wish undue harm on any foreign country- unless they attempted to invade us.

Deep down inside I rage.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Nice to see confirmation I guess. Anyone with a brain knew it already and to be honest the rest without brains won't register what this means anyway. It will have zero affect in reality. Sad.

On a side note, I could have sworn there was a slide going on here earlier, will be interested to see if this stays up there or not.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Kind of like saying we now have 100% proof that the Easter Bunny is a hoax.
Thanks for posting this though, I am interested in reading these memos.

What really bugs me about the Iraq war lies, beside having to see friends get blown up, is that we didn't even get cheap gas out of the deal.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thank you very much for posting this. Finally, we have some proof that the general masses just might (although probably not) listen to about the great middle eastern wars hoax of the 21st century.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
We always had doubts as to the given reason for the Iraq war....
Never truly trust what TPTB explanations are.

That being said, this guy is also promoting his book.
Selling his story, making money off the bogus Iraq war excuses given to the American public..........

Thanks for this post~

S&F

edit on 19-2-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
And if any of you still doubt that 9/11 was an inside job, you had better think again. We've been screaming THAT forever too. But they needed a catalyst to mislead the public further, and "justify" it. It is in the PNAC docs. "A new Pearl Harbor." Let those infamous words drive the soul of every enraged soldier who takes up the fight to rid this scum of the earth from...well....the earth.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'd hardly call this a smoking gun.

It appears to just be an outline of a plan, of which I'm sure the government has something for every possible contingency under the sun.

But hey if you think it is 100% proof I imagine we can look forward to prosecutions and sentences being handed down right?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I was watching Fox during the John Brennan hearing, when Sen. Carl Levin asked him about declassifying something called the Atta Cable. (Not sure if it's the same as this thread) I'm not really clear on what it is or what the implications of it are, but I think it has something to do with a connection that was made to Iraq and 9/11 that never actually happened, that led to the war. The one thing I do know is that Fox cut back to their host as fast as they could mid-sentence and said they had to go to commercial. It felt like they knew something that they didn't want their viewers to even be aware of. I switched to CNN, they were also on a commercial, I had to find out from MSNBC that he most likely would declassify it.
edit on 19-2-2013 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The realty though it's not governments doing this, it is capitalist interests.

Rumsfeld, Bush, Cheney, that whole crowd are capitalists.

Rumsfeld was also responsible for the nuclear escalation of the cold war, in order to increase arms spending.

Blaming government is not getting to the root of the problem. The government we have is a result of the economic system. Government will not change until we change the economic system. Smaller government just gives capitalists more freedom to exploit, use the military for their ends etc., bigger government is also not the answer.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
We need a total cleansing.

S+F just for that simple statement.

This is not the world I wanted my boys to live in. This is not the world I wanted my grandchildren to grow up in.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
wasn't this generally accepted like 6 years ago ? didn't colin powell confess/admit he was putting on an act in front of congress ?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
the real surprise to me was that anyone actually believed it in the first place.

seriously, they suddenly start throwing around the word iraq straight after 911... they were gunning for a showdown

The military was begging for an excuse at the time, and half-arsed explanations given by the Bush admin were enough to get the ball rolling. I can remember the mentality at the time, as I was still in the military. I remember a lot of anxiety at every corner with people hoping that some sort of WMD's would be uncovered, but it never happened. What's really disappointing is that, after nothing happened other than a bunch of Iraquis getting killed, nobody said squat about it. It just became another military occupation.

Then again, about 60K americans and 2M or so Vietnamese lost their lives for no better reason. Not the first time.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
They got away with it by using the "supporting our troops" campaign. When everyone draped a flag over everything, but remember go shopping! Seems they learned their lesson from the Vietnam war when they didn't have support back home. Hell, but now with the way they cooked the word "terrorists" you can slap that label on anyone and in the eyes of the law, you can do whatever you want to "protect national security".

Didn't Rome go through this same phase before it broke apart?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu

They had this planned long before 2001.

What was the name of that General who admitted the Bush crime syndicate had a 'Hit list' of countries to invade, back in 1996?

Can't remember it off hand, but the list included Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Iran among others.

This was years before 9/11.

Curiously, the General did a complete 180 a short while after doing the interview...no, he wasn't got at, course not.

It's not only Bush and his cronies that are guilty, Blair and his band of not so merry men and women are too.

And poor old Dr. Kelly, who blew the whistle on the WMD dossier, used as a pretext to assist Bush in Iraq invasion #2, being a complete fabrication by the Blair Government...found dead in the woods, long suspected by many theorists mainstream and fringe, to have been an ordered assassination.

And the 100's of thousands civillians and combatants dead?

And the multi-billions in Halliburton 'reconstruction' contracts?

The one and only good thing about this, is the gullible sitting in front of the news, believing every word those lying scum were saying, might finally begin to realise the lunatics are indeed running the asylum. And a sharp suit and a silver tongue where these people are concerned, really is like tying a silk ribbon around a turd.

All you get is a sharp looking turd.

When do the arrests start?

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I do not really get it. If there is real proof of such a large cover up the politicians that instigated the war should be up on charges on mass murder... It is a massive failure of government..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Originally posted by cenpuppie
They got away with it by using the "supporting our troops" campaign. When everyone draped a flag over everything, but remember go shopping! Seems they learned their lesson from the Vietnam war when they didn't have support back home.

Didn't Rome go through this same phase before it broke apart?

Thats why we as the American public have to take some responsibility here. A year after invading Iraq there was more support for the troops than ever! and we hadn't found a shred of evidence linking Iraq to either 9/11 or WMD's, which even if were the case, the US does not have the right to invade nor occupy a country for having those weapons.

We never declared war, so we have never been at war, yet we have called it war for 11 years and most Americans still "support the troops." US citizens are entirely self-absorbed. If we weren't we would have stopped this! In its infancy..

As for Rome, they declassified incriminating documents before the Empire fell? I could have sworn they implemented those as law right at the end.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Basically they used the media to guilt trip people into supporting the military, and thus less likely to speak out against the war.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join