It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from the Future...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I hope in the future my job is not monitoring human waste

Enjoyed your post, you should write more.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by forgetmenot

Originally posted by Flyingclaydisk

Originally posted by forgetmenot
Maybe it's not fiction and he just wants us to think it is?!

edit on 19-2-2013 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

That was kind of the point.

I was joking, nobody actually thinks it's not fiction.

As was I, but then again...

I forget...this seems as though it was a premonition, a vision into the future. Perhaps it was precognition, or forward remote viewing, I'm not sure anymore. Perhaps it was satire, but it feels real enough.

After all, I did take the time to write it down, and the thought did come to me...a vision of the future so to speak, a ghost of Christmas yet to come.

I woke up early this morning around 4am and this vision was in my head, this message. I spent some time sorting out the particulars and wrote down the way I remember the message.

I felt as though it was real, but being from the future who is to say. It was a message and...

...hence my post.

Was it real? I dunno...seems full of conspiracies to me. What do you think?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

Hi, Flyingclaydisk.

Have you seen the film "1984" ?

If so, maybe your subconscious mind did work on you, with that film
in our memory, in that night ? B-)

If not, it is a quiet film, no splashy special effects, but quite representative
of the "future" we seem to go ourselves now in 2013. . .

Blue skies.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Oh, not the film, but read the book. Orwell had it pegged, at least in concept. In fact, much of what Orwell conjured up in in 'Nineteen Eighty-Four'' is where we live right now though he wrote the book in 1949. Sure our physical setting allows us to distance ourselves from the realities of our Orwellian society today, but aren't the current realities chilling?

Thoughtcrime, doublespeak, Big Brother and most importantly (media) newspeak...isn't that were we all are right now? It is only a matter of time before the other half, the physical realities, of Orwell's fiction become our reality. Perhaps he was a prophet, we'll never know.

No, my Message from the Future is just that, a somber message which came to me today of what is to be.

Some have characterized it as satire, some fiction; perhaps it is, but perhaps not.

Only time will tell.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
Did you write this? As I was reading it I had a very strong feeling that I have read this before... I swear I have read this same story or at least another version of it. Who is the author?

OH, I didn't see this post earlier!! YES! One thing about me is you will NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, see anyting from me that is stolen, plagiarized or otherwise misused. This is ORIGINAL and very much my doing! Every single word.

You have never seen this before...and that is not a joke!

If anything similar to this has ever been done I stongly challenge you to produce it as I would like to see it given I wrote this today.

edit note...very dissapointed to see this allegation!!! Very disappointed indeed!

edit on 2/19/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/19/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: BBcode error

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I found your story very entertaining. Sure puts me in that guys shoes ,at least enought to have a sense of his miss and even adds a little history (or future) . Would love to see more to this .. I would definitely love to read about his outcome.. Does he see his family again? And is this controlling system stopped or does it fall apart or..??? But overall Very eye catching .

And don't mind the rash comments , many people only see a keyboard and screen, and forget that here is a person (with feelings) sitting on the other side.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Deja Vu! I had this experience, back in 1977, it was called 'boot camp'! Cheers, have a great one!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
U had me till "under the UFE termination of human life is no longer considered socially acceptable, "

That parts... unbelievable considering all the step ups toward massive depop, ams included.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Did you write this? As I was reading it I had a very strong feeling that I have read this before... I swear I have read this same story or at least another version of it. Who is the author?

Someone comes and posts a story like this on average, once a week here. Usually they toss in some key terms like:

reptilians
rigelians
vibration
galactic federation

Just for the love of god post this in the short stories thread where it belongs, this nonesense is getting tiring. No one is sending messages from the future, and certainly not posting on ats.

Think about this. It's pure fiction, and makes the whole site less valuable the longer it stays in any section other than short stories.

I'm personally fed up with people using this site as a screen writing bouncing board.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Was it real? I dunno...seems full of conspiracies to me. What do you think?

I think you should continue the story once it's moved into the short stories thread. Sure, you may think this is original, but it's very close to many many posts like this one. If you honestly believe this was a vision, and not just a dream, move this to the grey area.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hey Flying, there's a link in my sig to the SS forum. Click it.

Mods will be moving this soon. Good writing, but fiction. In GC, this would be labeled a hoax. I came here for the catchy title.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Oh for heaven's sakes, if it's that much trouble just delete, or move the dang thing! I thought people would enjoy it, and I did believe it to be properly placed. If people are having this much heartburn over something which was intended to have positive results, I don't know what to say!

Wouldn't want someone to jump off a cliff over it! Equally, don't want anyone's shorts to get twisted so far up into a knot they cut off circulation!

Sorry for posting it, Sheesh!!!

Cliff diving is on day one for ATS moderator training!
Wedgy tolerance training is day 2.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11

OH, I didn't see this post earlier!! YES! One thing about me is you will NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, see anyting from me that is stolen, plagiarized or otherwise misused. This is ORIGINAL and very much my doing! Every single word.

You have never seen this before...and that is not a joke!

If anything similar to this has ever been done I stongly challenge you to produce it as I would like to see it given I wrote this today.

edit note...very dissapointed to see this allegation!!! Very disappointed indeed!

edit on 2/19/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: BBcode error

Whoa slow down cowboy, I was not accusing you! I was simply sharing how strong my feeling was of having read this before!

Literally a very strong deja vu feeling of reading this before. Take that for what it's worth. Being that we are on a conspiracy forum and all I can think of plenty of other possibilities for this feeling of de ja vu, other than accusing you of thievery. Which is why I asked you, other than said "hey everyone this guy stole someone else's work!" I have no proof of this otherwise I would have provided it.

Excellent piece of writing by the way. Although I kind of feel it might belong in the short stories forum.

edit on 20-2-2013 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I think this belongs more in a short story forum than anything else.

But it´s a nice write-up!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So, riddle me this, forum purists...

How is this thread any different than the one below...Hmmmm???

Independent Study proves

There was no indpendent study conducted. The author openly admits this in the thread. The pictures were grabbed from the Internet, so the firearms aren't even real (well, not real in the context of the independent study). How is that account any less fictional, yet it goes on for multiple pages with hundreds of flags and stars. I don't see a whole bunch of ATS'ers on that thread whining about 'hoaxes' and 'forum' placement political correctness. What's up with that?

Incidentally, I happen to agree with the author on his premise and have posted as much in his thread. Further, it was that thread and others which lead me to the premise of this thread, namely...what does the future look like when everything is banned and we live in a homogeneous, bland and politically correct world?

I fail to see the distinction y'all are making. There is just as much truth and fact in that thread as this one.

[extreme sarcasm font] Yet somehow this thread is making all of ATS "less valuable" (according to one poster here) because of its very existence? [/extreme sarcasm font]

Move it, delete it...whatever, I don't care! I just don't want anyone to have an aneurysm over it.

edit on 2/20/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: fixed link...hopefully

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Broken link. Oops.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Link fixed

Sorry

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Wow that was good friend.

Enjoyed the read and thanks for sharing.

-nat the blue cat-

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Dear Flyingclaydisk, AKA subject 8759136. I write from the Ministry of Social Harmony to advise you that your actions here are in violation of ordinance 155473 which preclude all subjects from access to the network for unofficial business.
Your violation of ordinance 155473 provides clear evidence that you are in need of further re-education. A transport will arrive shortly to transport you to 're-education camp 184453' and where you will be re-purposed.

In regards to 'your wife and childeren'; the UFE and the company have all ownership rights of subjects. Please do not refer to them as 'yours'. You should be aware that private property no longer exists. Those subjects, your former family are in the UFE capital of Canberra Australia where they serve the Dear Leader of the Federation. Their needs are looked after just as yours are. Please do not think about them or discuss them again; The federation has worked greatly to abolish filial devotion and false worship of the family unit. Your allegiance is to the federation now. You brain will be scanned daily to ensure you are following the directive. Failure to comply will be evidence that you suffer from 'dissobidient anti-social dissorder', the cure for which is an Eco-Lobotomy. Please, for the good of the federation, forget the past.

You are also in violation of Ordinance 243 - Discussing and/or thinking about the past. Please ensure this seditious thought stops, as it is a symptom of 'over active memory and emotional disorder'. The Eco-Labotomy has proved to be successful in treating this psychological condition as well, please save the federation the time and effort and correct your self.

Thank you and kind regards
-Minder 2563.
-The Ministry of Social Harmony.
edit on 21-2-2013 by bigdohbeatdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Flyingclaydisk
It doesn't matter where you would have posted this i would have star and flagged it!! I have enjoyed every thread you have posted on ATS i feel you have a huge imagination and a wonderful flair when it comes to writing..

I'm glad this was moved to the writers forum i think you have some real talent keep up the good work
peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join