It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason ring?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Ksig has almost every degree that exists. (not sure if he got the Chitlin degree yet) but he has good knowledge on the York and Scottish Rite. He is pretty quick for a young whipper snapper.

If sounds like your grandfather dealt well with crazy folks. he would have fit in very well here.
It's a shame he passed. Good luck with your search.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
When my grandfather passed away he gave 2 rings. He was a 32 degree Freemason.

This is the ring he gave me, it is in cased in a pyramid, just like the one in the second image.

The second ring is a coin wring, its gold and has this coin in it.

I do not know much about my grand father, i only meat him a couple times when I was younger. I am wondering why he gave them to me, I am sure they represent something that was very important to him. I do not know much about the symbols, I know that the 14 degree ring can represent Scottish Rite Mason and is worn by both 32nd degree and 14 degree but why is it all so worn by 32nd degree's?

The coin must be a reproduction as the original/genuine coin w a walking liberty in gold would be too large for fitment in a ring. They're the size of a little larger than a Kennedy half dollar.

May be a replica or tribute ring of sorts.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

In the Blue Lodge you must show a proficiency before progressing, but you don't in either the Scottish Rite or York Rite. Part of me wishes they would make a proficiency for the York Rite, but nothing has ever been done. As Commander of the Knights Templar (Chivalric Orders), and with approval of the two other heads of Boise York Rite, I have instituted "Days of Instruction" for new members to come to gain a better understanding after being crammed through rituals for several days.

Are the play's as clear as day or is their allot of symbolism and metaphors?

There is a lot of symbolism, in both rites.

Is their a certain order in witch the play's are viewed?

In the York Rite there is a set order in which the degrees go, but that order is not chronological. In the York Rite you jump back and forth in time, but in this way it makes more sense.

Can I see these play's online?

I don't believe so.

Can see them in person with out becoming a mason?

The actual ritual itself is something we keep private, but much of our texts can be found online. Albert Pike talks about the Scottish Rite in "Morals & Dogma".

You said that degree's do not mean that much when talking about rank. What is the purpose of degree's in the Scottish Rite?

Freemasonry is considered a progressive science, taught by degrees. Each degree imparts important lessons that one should apply to their life.

reply to post by network dude

Oh, there are some out there I'll probably never take due to time or I won't be invited to join. lol Next month I get a few more though. In some of these invitational bodies I am by the far the youngest member. If I stay in the Grand line for Royal Arch Masons and Cryptic Masons in Idaho I'll be one of the youngest presiding officers to sit in the East of a Grand body in Idaho.

No, I have not received the Chitlin degree.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

In the Blue Lodge you must show a proficiency before progressing, but you don't in either the Scottish Rite or York Rite. Part of me wishes they would make a proficiency for the York Rite, but nothing has ever been done. As Commander of the Knights Templar (Chivalric Orders), and with approval of the two other heads of Boise York Rite, I have instituted "Days of Instruction" for new members to come to gain a better understanding after being crammed through rituals for several days.

Are the play's as clear as day or is their allot of symbolism and metaphors?

There is a lot of symbolism, in both rites.

Is their a certain order in witch the play's are viewed?

In the York Rite there is a set order in which the degrees go, but that order is not chronological. In the York Rite you jump back and forth in time, but in this way it makes more sense.

Can I see these play's online?

I don't believe so.

Can see them in person with out becoming a mason?

The actual ritual itself is something we keep private, but much of our texts can be found online. Albert Pike talks about the Scottish Rite in "Morals & Dogma".

You said that degree's do not mean that much when talking about rank. What is the purpose of degree's in the Scottish Rite?

Freemasonry is considered a progressive science, taught by degrees. Each degree imparts important lessons that one should apply to their life.

Oh, there are some out there I'll probably never take due to time or I won't be invited to join. lol Next month I get a few more though. In some of these invitational bodies I am by the far the youngest member. If I stay in the Grand line for Royal Arch Masons and Cryptic Masons in Idaho I'll be one of the youngest presiding officers to sit in the East of a Grand body in Idaho.

No, I have not received the Chitlin degree.

Thanks I really appreciate all the information you have given me. I am only starting to gather it all, once I understand it a little more I will have more questions for you. I like what I have seen so far, I might join a lodge, but need to know more before I make my choice. I want to be well educated on the subject, I know freemasonry is a very powerful organization and has infiltrated a wide range of organizations. I want to be sure that its righteous and alines with my logic and understanding of who I should be. It seems that their is a veil that the public cannot see threw. Maybe you can help me answer these some of these questions. Why are their so many politician's, manipulator's involved in freemasonry? From a conspiracy stand point its looks sinister but when you look at freemasonry its filled with happy joy full people that only want to make humanity better. Does it have any thing to do with the equality of duality? Ends justifying the means? Can you answer on this?

You said their is allot of symbolism in the play's, are you tough the symbolism before you watch the play's?
I just bought Morals and Dogma, I cant wait for it to get here. I was hoping you would answer one of my other questions. These play's have to be represented in HOLLYWOOD movies is their any movie that you would recommend? Then again, dont most bid budget films depict these play's? I notice allot of symbolism in movies, I should learn more about symbolism. Any other books I should read?
edit on 19-2-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I know freemasonry is a very powerful organization
It is not. It's not even an organization, really. It's hundreds of independent organizations who do more or less the same things, some of whom recognize each other as legitimate, and some of whom don't.

and has infiltrated a wide range of organizations.
It has not.
Members of Freemasonry might also be members of other groups, but that has nothing to do with Freemasonry itself, nor its teachings. If a guy is likely to join one club, chances are, he's the type who might join a dozen clubs, if he has the time and interest to do so. There's generally not a conflict with that.

Why are their so many politician's, manipulator's involved in freemasonry?
In 1959 at the height of its popularity in America, one in 20 men in the US was a Mason. Figure that also at that time almost all politicians were men, and you'd figure one in 20 politicians might also have been a Mason at that time. Its popularity has dropped incredibly, and there really aren't any Masons in any positions of political power today. Maybe one or two congressmen, and possibly a governor somewhere. The last US President who was a Mason was Gerald Ford, more than 30 years ago. LINK

You said their is allot of symbolism in the play's, are you tough the symbolism before you watch the play's?
No, it's explained in the plays themselves, or left for you to learn on your own afterwards.

These play's have to be represented in HOLLYWOOD movies is their any movie that you would recommend? Then again, dont most bid budget films depict these play's?
No. That would go against the whole secrecy thing. I've never seen an actual Masonic ritual in a Hollywood production.

Any other books I should read?
If you are serious about wanting to join, I'd recommend not reading anything until you've become a member. Spoilers. Though I've heard a number of people recommend Born in Blood, if you're just itching for something.

edit on 2013.2.19 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

No problem at all, that's why I am here.

I am only starting to gather it all, once I understand it a little more I will have more questions for you.

No problem. Ask away when you are ready.

I like what I have seen so far, I might join a lodge, but need to know more before I make my choice. I want to be well educated on the subject...

I want to be sure that its righteous and alines with my logic and understanding of who I should be.

A wise decision.

I know freemasonry is a very powerful organization and has infiltrated a wide range of organizations.

We're not as powerful as many think. We do have members from all walks of life, but that is because of our non-discriminatory policy when it comes to employment or faith.

Why are their so many politician's, manipulator's involved in freemasonry?

There's not as many as their is thought. Are some politicians Masons? Sure, but its not a prominent number.

From a conspiracy stand point its looks sinister but when you look at freemasonry its filled with happy joy full people that only want to make humanity better. Does it have any thing to do with the equality of duality? Ends justifying the means? Can you answer on this?

I'd say we are a content organization.

You see some dualism in our symbolism and equality is a virtue expressed in Freemasonry.

No, Freemasonry as an organization doesn't believe the ends justify the means. This is often the motto of those attempting to excuse deplorable actions and there is nothing in Freemasonry that is so sinister as to need justification.

No, you are not taught any of the symbolism prior to your initiation. I mean you could easily research and find out about the symbolism. I waited nearly 5-years before joining the Scottish Rite and by then I knew quite a bit about the Scottish Rite degrees although I didn't know everything as I had never violated the sanctity and reverence of the Scottish Rite by looking up the rituals beforehand.

Any other books I should read?

Oh, there are lots of books. It depends on what your interests are. I for one am a student of the York Rite and particularly in the Knights Templar so I lean towards books of that nature.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

From what I have read one of the most popular practice's masons use to achieve enlightenment is equality. You see female equal to male just as you see evil equal to good. How dose this pan in your life, do you delibritly practice duality in the sense good is equal to evil? I know Alister Crowley was famous for "do what thou wilt", he was all so on the counsel of 33. How relevant are his teachings in modern day masonry. Aleister Crowley was a satanist, I do not know much about satanism. Only what I have gathered from main the stream sources so I am in no position to judge. I was wondering if you could shed some light on why a person the console of 33 would practice satanism.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I know Alister Crowley was famous for "do what thou wilt", he was all so on the counsel of 33. How relevant are his teachings in modern day masonry.

Aleister Crowley was not in any form of recognized Masonry and there is no 'counsel of 33' unless you are refering to the Supreme Council, 33rd Degree of the Southern Jurisdiction which is based in the United States south. Being that he was not a member of that group either he is irrelevant to any conversation regarding this topic.

edit on 20-2-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because Aliester drank it all when he payed him a visit

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Equality is important and a commendable virtue, but we do not mean evil is equal to good. Nowhere do we say or believe that. Nor do we discuss the equality between genders; personally I believe that women should have equal treatment as we are all human, but if you want to compare physiology men and women are not equal for obvious reasons.

There is dualism in our symbolism like the the checkered floor, but we are not glorifying or excusing the bad. We merely point out that man is fallible and capable of err, but that we must try to overcome behaviors and habits that lead us astray.

Crowley had little to no effect in regards to Freemasonry; he was an irregular, unrecognized Mason. His words are utterly insignificant to Masonic beliefs and practices. He never sat on any recognized Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Crowley had little to no effect in regards to Freemasonry; he was an irregular, unrecognized Mason. His words are utterly insignificant to Masonic beliefs and practices. He never sat on any recognized Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite.

Thats not what I have seen. He did write morals and Dogma witch is a very influential book among masons.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Thats not what I have seen. He did write morals and Dogma witch is a very influential book among masons.

Aleister Crowley did not write Morals and Dogma. Albert Pike did.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Aleister Crowley did not write Morals and Dogma. Albert Pike did.

You can see how I could get the 2 names confused

But even then same response. Albert Pike was a known satanist and he wrote one of the most influential books in freemasonry.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Albert Pike was a known satanist and he wrote one of the most influential books in freemasonry.

'Known Satanist' by who? What are you using as references?

And as for 'one of the most influential books in freemasonry' you do know the full title of the book is Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of the Southern Jurisdiction? This book is only relevant to members of the Scottish Rite (Southern Jurisdiction) and has zero relevance to the Blue Lodge.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

If you actually read Pike's history, he was a very religious man. The quotes that religious nutjobs like to quote are out of context. Like the one where he talks about Lucifer. If you read the book (most importantly the paragraph before before that one) you see that he is making fun of people who think Lucifer was the devil. He was a very educated man and learned that "Lucifer" was mistranslated and was actually describing a Babolinan king. It's like if I pulled a few choice words from your quotes and made it look like you had a fetish for plucked chickens. While what you do in your bedroom is your business, I like chickens, so I am rather sensitive to their plight.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
It's like if I pulled a few choice words from your quotes and made it look like you had a fetish for plucked chickens.
It's scary how easy that actually is... Infi8nity, why is your user name the same page as so many mentions of chicken on ATS???

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You are greatly misinformed my friend. As AM points out, Pike wrote M&D.

Pike was not a Satanist.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

now that was slick.
You damn Texans sure are resourceful.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

This is somewhat off-topic, but I'm curious about your feelings towards the Ancient Egyptian mystery schools...

Are any SR mason's familiar with them?

Are there any special teachings you received that acknowledge them?

How do you personally feel about them?

I'm aware that the masonic tradition is older than Egypt itself, I'm just trying to examine the differences between contemporary masonry vs. its expression in Ancient Egypt.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by closer707

That's a very big can of worms you are trying to open. First off, there is much discussion even among masons as to how old our fraternity even is. Secondly, the symbolism used in masonry comes from many different places. The symbols may have had different meanings to different cultures so as freemasons, we concern ourselves with what they mean to us at the particular context.

Your question could go into a very large thread of it's own as many people here on ATS, masons and other esoteric groups have many different ideas about the mysteries of Egypt. The Scottish Rite takes small snipits of history and incorporates that into some of the degrees. So you have some degrees tipping the hat to Knights Templar, and others to Prussian Knights, while some deal with the Mysteries of Ancient Egypt.

If you can dig up a little bit of info to start a thread, I think it would be fascinating to see where it might lead.
edit on 21-2-2013 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus drinks beer with Jay Z but would prefer zima.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I definitely plan on starting a thread!

My last question for you is....are you familiar with the author Gerald Massey?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join