It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Very nice find, and great thread. I'm glad you pointed out that this used to be a lake bed. I wouldn't be ashamed to stand behind this bit of evidence, I like it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The question might be, who in control of NASA, wants things kept low keyed or covered up. It's not going to be the average working there making those decisions.

This is the real problem inside NASA/JPL.

Who really rule the Agency?

Who make this decision?

I'm sure that the majority of the NASA's Researchers are tired and frustrated to submit to the "Rule of the Silence" and they are ready to spread publicly all their incredible discoveries....

What say NRO?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I think all the hours pouring over those photos is paying off Arken, good work man! Another excellent thread.
I love your tenacity, even with all the naysayers and debunkers on this site it never diminishes your enthusiasm.

This one is tough to dispel with the usual erosion theories. One piece of the "spine" would look odd enough on it's own, but when placed in a spinal alignment like that it's pretty damn compelling. Could this be a small piece of the reason the Pope resigned? Even ancient alien lifeforms will throw a huge monkey wrench into the Vatican's doctrine, and the fallout would be huge...there is no way that old man wants to deal with that, or is even up to it for that matter.

On the other hand this all could just be covered up (and never disclosed) as usual with the "threat to national security" blanket excuse. I think you've truly found something there, but will they ever admit it??? Their past track record unfortunately says no.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

WOW!!!! Nice catch, I went back to Sol 109 and found this: looks like a skull of an animal, Top left 1/4 way down of the image! Sol 109 is a hotspot for artifacts
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Again, if you want to find signs of life on mars in these photos, your mind's eye will find it.

Alot of this to me looks like some sort of weather erosion. Some do look like vertebrae, but you can't really make that call until you have a close up high resolution image or even rock sampling to be certain... to make a determination because something shot at distance or from a blurry image is not near confirmation. It only starts a series of scientific inquiry, which requires alot more investigation.

But hey, it sure is FUN! Here is a comparison to really get those creative imaginations going.

High Resolution Comparison
edit on 19-2-2013 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuturePeace
im sorry but bones only take 8 -10 years to completely decompose in that type of environment.

If those are bones they must be bones made out of rock if you catch my drift

So tell me FuturePeace, what are fossils?

I will help you : A fossil is the prehistoric remains of a plant or animal. Fossils are typically preserved when they are buried under many layers of sand and mud. Under great pressure the sand and mud become sedimentary rock. Minerals seep into the fossil replacing the organic matter and creating a replica in stone.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kingmonkey

Well here is half a response to the first question :

Texas drought exposes sunken treasures as drying lakes shrink to reveal submerged historical sites

1882 tombstone, skulls and fossils suddenly appear

www.dailymail.co.uk...

There are actually tons of things like this in Google where fossils have turned up on dry lake beds

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuturePeace
im sorry but bones only take 8 -10 years to completely decompose in that type of environment.

If those are bones they must be bones made out of rock if you catch my drift

You're wrong as not enough is known about the atmosphere on Mars to make that assumption

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCL1150
reply to post by Arken

WOW!!!! Nice catch, I went back to Sol 109 and found this: looks like a skull of an animal, Top left 1/4 way down of the image! Sol 109 is a hotspot for artifacts
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

look at the very bottom of that picture a little to the right of the center, there is flat smooth circular area on the ground that is partially bordered by a curved tapered wall. The wall is wide at the bottom and uniformly tapers up, the wall curves to follow the curve of the circle area on the ground.

In this picture that was posted on another thread about a shiny metal looking object sticking out of a rock I looked at the bottom of the picture and saw some strange shaped metallic looking objects.
To the right of those objects is a "rock" that bears an uncanny resemblance to a vertebrae.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Well here is half a response to the first question :

Texas drought exposes sunken treasures as drying lakes shrink to reveal submerged historical sites

1882 tombstone, skulls and fossils suddenly appear

www.dailymail.co.uk...

There are actually tons of things like this in Google where fossils have turned up on dry lake beds

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Appreciate the link, however are we not talking about lake beds on Mars that have been dry for billions of years? Your link refers to relatively recent artefacts which have only recently been exposed to the elements.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Apart from NASA being the only ones who are really supposed to have hard evidence about the actual composition of the Mars atmosphere, who says that Mars was not inhabited at some point in time when there was an actual breatheable climate and that these are truly fossils going back way belong we can possibly imagine?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here is a horn and a spinal column from a Nearby pic during Sol 109

Or, more examples of erosion that appear to be common to the area.

link   
Very nice! Intriguing. Could be fossils, could just be rocks. Very unusual rocks if that's all they are. If they are actually fossils, though, I would bet that NASA would absolutely, positively, NEVER EVER EVER admit it. They could get pics of a friggin' village with beings walking around the rover, peeing on the tires and they would explain it away as ANYTHING but...I hope I'm wrong though.

link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
If you pan out on the surrounding area from Sol 109, there are lots and lots of erosion channels cutting through the rocks. I think in the case of the first picture, the "bones" were likely created by this sort of erosion.

This is the most interesting feature in my opinion...

It looks like that hole could be for an axle.

i don`t think that is a channel, look at how it makes a 90 degree turn, there is nothing in it`s path that would cause to to turn,there is nothing in it`s path that would have prevented it from continuing straight.
It does seem to lead to the rock/fossils so maybe that is the track/footprints the "creature" left in the mud of the lake bottom?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

I am interested to hear why you think they are just rocks. How come all the "strangely formed rocks" all seem to have almost the exact color variance from the other rocks and such around them.
Different type of rocks maybe? how come all the rocks of that type are all formed in such an odd shape that just coincidentally makes them all look like bones?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken i've got to admit, I'm intrigued. I can't walk over to the "Bones" crew yet, but it's extremely suspicious. I'm an environmental scientist/aspiring astrobiologist and I've seen more rock/erosion evidence than I care to admit. I've also been a dinosaur freak long before that. One thing it has going for it is the uniform angle all of the "vertebra" are slanted. It is extremely difficult to be rilled *and* slanted across the transverse. I've been staring at it for half an hour and I can't think of a single geological process that would cause that type of formation. Uniformity of color explained by the iron oxide dust that covers everything on Mars. One thing that would cause it is vertical layering (think horizontal strata flipped on its side) of rocks with different densities subjected to water erosion *but* rocks just don't layer that way. I'll gladly admit fault on that one if someone wants to prove me wrong, though. I admit I haven't seen everything yet.

Going against it, the supposed vertebra lack any uniformity, other than their vague shape and height. The front one is even pyramidal in structure, whereas the back crests are square columnar. Still, this is life on another frickin' planet so I'll give you that one. I'm fairly shocked that IF (that's a big if) thats what this is, that it looks so much like ancient Earth life. Is it possible that Mars was an ancient geoengineering project gone wrong?

Still, S + F. You have my attention and I normally don't post on these type of threads. I'd give the naming rights to my firstborn for that same photo from another vantage point.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elohimsciences
reply to post by misscurious

I am interested to hear why you think they are just rocks. How come all the "strangely formed rocks" all seem to have almost the exact color variance from the other rocks and such around them.
Different type of rocks maybe? how come all the rocks of that type are all formed in such an odd shape that just coincidentally makes them all look like bones?

If I may answer that, Dust. There is red iron oxide dust everywhere on Mars. Ever seen a real bad dust storm here on Earth? Doesn't matter how well your house is built, you *will* have dust inside of it. It's fine. It gets everywhere. Add to that how windy Mars is and that's why pretty much everything is red.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Could someone one please explain to me the possibility of these being fossilized bones without also seeing LOTS of remains of other life? Large animals would be the first to become extinct, if these bones were real would we not be seeing a lot of other proof of life on mars? I have a very hard time believing that a creature of this size could be one of the last living things on mars, and the fact it's on the surface would point in that direction. A carnivore or herbivore of this size would need a substantial food source to survive. Where is the food source for this creature and all of his friends? I'm not saying there wasn't ever life on mars but I have strong doubts that a creature this large would be found without finding many other fossil remains of similar size and smaller.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hi Arken, it's your favourite ATS buddy ASW again! (how ya doing?)

One question: Did you colour/manipulate the bones in your pictures to make them standout from the background more clearly?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hi, just a quick message so that I am subscribed to this thread, that I may come back to it and read each post, taking my time to consider all of the factors.

Arken these are very interesting photos that you have found & I agree that the November 2012 comment made by never a straight answer was a hint to these photos. I don't post much these days as there is too many playground arguments, disrespect & hatred around but that happens when a site is becoming main stream sadly. .

I will get involved in this thread tomorrow though after we have seen another friend off up to That Great Gig In The Sky. I'm busy at the moment writing a befitting poem to say at the wake but before I go...

Amazing find, Flagged with stars, keep up the good work. Let the disinformation, hating, eyes closed crew/posse/gangs remarks flow over your head like the water gliding off a Heron's back. Well researched, nice writing style, information & opinions.

We're proud of you & salute you for the tedious work you have been doing looking through all these pictures.

All the best, stay focused, well done & continue being lucky.

edit on 19/2/2013 by theguygeeza because: Spelling err

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

reply to post by theguygeeza

Thanks for your meaningful comments and kind words.

I'm glad to catch your attention.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join