It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Alright, listen up. Haha. How about instead of arguing about NASA, people start taking this investigation farther??

I think most agree that these photos are intriguing, to say the least, so... why not contact NASA? We have a guy around here somewhere who works for them.
According to NASA, these photos from Curiosity go STRAIGHT to the jpl site. So in many cases, WE are the first to view them.

Personally, after work, I will be contacting the local news station and linking them to this thread. I will include attachments to the photos I find intriguing. Namely the first photo and the one that looks like two fossils inside a cavity in the rock. My email will be articulate and it will explain that NASA may be unaware of this info, so we need the news agencies to help MAKE them aware. I will post back anything I hear.
I suggest others do the same.

Great thread, Arken! I admire your persistence! Best anomaly thread yet.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Maybe NASA released these photos to get people's response to them before publishing what they think they may be. They could let someone discover this like they did before. That is good business, let the public get involved so they don't mind contributing. They look like vertebrae but even if they are, the reason they are there could be different than that there was life there. A dinosaur getting thrown into space by a supervolcano or impact by a big asteroid lands on Mars. Does that sound so far fetched?

or aliens captured a dinosaur and took it back to mars to have a dino B-B-Q, dinosaurs might have been gooood eating!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If these were the bones of giant water dwelling creatures on mars, it could at least be proof that they possibly died from the geologic and Meteorologic changes that happened on Mars which led to the way it was now. Also I see Yellow material on some of those "fossils", isn't that usually a sign of sulfur? if so, it could probably show that there was some sort of biologic material trapped in stone or its just sulfur seeping out.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Looks like some shark teeth lying around the area as well.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Folks we wanted disclosure of life on other planets and we're getting them every day. No one said they had to hold press conferences every single day for it. No doubt in my mind that at one point their was life of some sort of other planets. What that form of life may be is yet to be confirmed but it's out there.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by Arken
Every paleontologist, even with low skills, can confirm that there are Bones.
It is only a matter of time.

Soon NASA/JPL will give the official announcement.

What, that they found more rocks on Mars, as that is all that they are....

Are you going to start a new thread everytime NASA posts a picture of a rock to the internet?

Now im usually the first one to shoot these pictures down, and i probably have a little bit more of an idea than your average joe, as im an enviro scientist and i spent half my degree studying sedimentary processes, but if these are in fact legitimate mars pictures then i have to say this is the first time ive seen a claim made that instantly looks legitimate and looks exactly like the OP claims it does.

Look forward to hearing more about it, or maybe not hearing more about it if you know what i mean

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Great stuff man... It really looks like it.. If only they would examine those and tell us about it!
To many repeatings to almost deny this..
edit on 19-2-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Originally posted by Arken

Thanks for your meaningful comments and kind words.

I'm glad to catch your attention.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

I guess you missed my question on the previous page.

Hi Arken. Did you colour/manipulate the images you claim are bones?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

if you click on the link to the JPL site the only difference is OP enlarged it slightly, the feature is clearly identifiable in the linked image, same colour and everything

link   
It looks like someone colored the objects in the photos to make them look more like bones. That's a tad bit disingenuous.

Considering that the leading hypothesis is that Mars has been like it is now: cold, dry, absent large amounts of liquid water, and without as thick as an atmopshere for a long time:as much as 3 billion years and as little as sever hundred million years, I think it doubtful that one would see such easily discernable macro fossils just lying about on the serface. You must consider that such fossils would be hundreds of millions of years older than similar fossils on earth and wind erosion alone would very likely deformed their original shapes.
edit on 19-2-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Alright, listen up. Haha. How about instead of arguing about NASA, people start taking this investigation farther??

I think most agree that these photos are intriguing, to say the least, so... why not contact NASA? We have a guy around here somewhere who works for them.
According to NASA, these photos from Curiosity go STRAIGHT to the jpl site. So in many cases, WE are the first to view them.

Personally, after work, I will be contacting the local news station and linking them to this thread. I will include attachments to the photos I find intriguing. Namely the first photo and the one that looks like two fossils inside a cavity in the rock. My email will be articulate and it will explain that NASA may be unaware of this info, so we need the news agencies to help MAKE them aware. I will post back anything I hear.
I suggest others do the same.

Great thread, Arken! I admire your persistence! Best anomaly thread yet.

Thank you very much for your contribute!
Appreciate a lot!!

edit on 19-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

WoW man they gonna pick it up finally , was about time they published or broadcast this.....

edit on 19-2-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I like the post (page 1) that questions whether a photo is of a gun and ammo box.

Maybe the 2nd amendment debate should be extended to include Mars.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Great thread, nice work. These are the kinds of threads that cause me to log into ATS everyday.

Some of the images, not all, have me very interested. I am gonna study them more closely later on my PC being that I am posting from an IPhone (acquired Alien Technology) right now.

I have always felt that Mars is a dead Earth. The Alien species that inhabit Saturn's moon Titan may have migrated from a dying Mars long ago.

They are currently Terraforming Saturn in order to make it their new home. They put the rings around Saturn, and our Government is aware of this thanks to the Voyager missions. ~$heopleNation

link   
reply to post by BeReasonable

Someone else brought another picture of the same area. Use the zoom feature to look at some of the same "bony" ridges in the lower half of this photo. And the strata they eroded from (just below the hardpan, about center).

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Still think they may be fossils?

link   
reply to post by Labrador Retriever

Can't we have one thread on ATS without goddamned politics being thrown in it?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Well Arken, a lot of hard work so far hasn't really paid off......... Until now!! Amazing photographs in my opinion and the best case for fossils yet. Absolutely amazing images, thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken are you gonna make a thread around this broadcast or whatever news they gonna publish about these findings?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Oh my god!

They looks exactly like fossilized bones.
Man, if this is true, IF this really is true, then this is HUGE.
Big times for astrobiologists or rather astro paleonthologists.

Thanks for posting!
Made my day

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
There is so much going on in this photograph. In the wider photo at the end of the spine, there is a completely unruffled (flat) piece of soil that seems to curve around the edge of the rock like a tail.

I am not saying for one moment, this is a tail but wonder how this piece of soil is so flat and compact when everywhere else looks as though the soil has blown around.

Great find Arken

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lambchop

Well, what's needed for fossilization?

1)The organism must be buried quickly. For this to happen, the organism normally must die in abnormal conditions such as in a flood, volcano eruption or an earthquake. Otherwise it is near impossible for an animal to be preserved;

2)The organism must be kept from normal decay. If the animal is exposed to oxygen or bacteria, they will quickly start to decay;

3)The organism must be buried in matter that is leached with mineral-rich waters where carbonates are precipitating. These minerals will replace the original tissue, so that a stone remains in the shape of the original tissue.

Also, too many naysayers are just saying "I'm afraid they're just rocks..." How do you know? Give me one solid reason why you think that. Case in point:

Alligator Coprolite fossils

If these were shot on Mars, all the rocktards would naturally be shouting the same thing. If you want to prove they're NOT rocks, give a good reason. There are plenty of explanations/pictures so far to support the possibility of fossilization, but nothing but nonsensical posts arguing the negative.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Ewok_Boba because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join