It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cronkite:Karl Rove behind Bin Laden tape

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Former CBSNEWS anchorman Walter Cronkite believes Bush adviser Karl Rove is possibly behind the new Bin Laden tape.

Cronkite made the startling comments late Friday during an interview on CNN.

Cronkite said he is "inclined to think that Karl Rove, the political manager at the White House, who is a very clever man, he probably set up bin Laden to this thing."

Interviewer Larry King did not ask Cronkite to elaborate on the provocative election eve accusation.

Drudge Report

I'm not sure how close relations are between OBL and the Bush administration, but if this were true, it would open up a whole can of worms. I think there may be two other explanations for the tape: 1) it is old, 2) it is not Bin Laden on the tape, if you compare pictures between OBL on that tape and other pictures, they look like very different people.

The latest Osama

The real Osama

Don't forget, Saddam did this same thing.

[edit on 30-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Maybe Cronkite has just been reading the news today of the GOP celebrating Bush's failure to capture Osama.

NY Daily News

"We want people to think 'terrorism' for the last four days," said a Bush-Cheney campaign official. "And anything that raises the issue in people's minds is good for us."

A senior GOP strategist added, "anything that makes people nervous about their personal safety helps Bush."

He called it "a little gift," saying it helps the President but doesn't guarantee his reelection.

The next GOP/Bush-Cheney spokesperson I see saying Kerry is "politicizing" the news needs a pop in the mouth and kick in the seat.

I hope their "little gift" from Bin Laden blows up their face.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How old is Walter Cronkite, his comments seem a little senile. Yeah sure Rove gave OBL a twenty and said "do a tape for me it will help us win the election." "Emphasize that its all Bush's fault for another twenty"

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Notice the watch on the "new" Osama, on his left hand.
The real Osama is left handed.

Nice try Bush.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
Notice the watch on the "new" Osama, on his left hand.
The real Osama is left handed.

Nice try Bush.

If you look at the pictures presented here, you will also see that the confirmed pics of OBL, B specifically, he is wearing a watch on his RIGHT wrist. In the new vid its definatly on his left.

Jamuhn, I think you are on to something big here. Keep up the good observations
The New OBL looks nothing like the old one in the pics. Head and shoulder measurements are off. Also, check out and compare length and width of the noses. The dont match up either.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
From day one, you have to notice that the face in the video is not bin-laden, unless he had some fight and broke his nose.

I wonder what was the motive behind the video.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I wonder what was the motive behind the video.

In my opinion, its obvious. Its a scare tactic by the Bush cronies to get him re-elected. Keep the terror on theminds of the people. Release a tape of OBL that scares everyone into thinking that we need a gun slinging bully to protect us. I hope this blows up in his face like a nasty overflowing toilet with lots of back pressure.
Nope, I just cant stand the man!

By the way marg6043. Your right. You saved the best for last.

[edit on 10/30/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Personally I think the Democrats on ATS are grasping at straws even Kerry admits its real and he responds to the inherent threat.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well thanks Kidfinger, actually the one before that ones was better, but I think I don't one to scare to many new members with my avatars

And I agree with you, somebody from one bush campaign group is behind the video.

link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Personally I think the Democrats on ATS are grasping at straws even Kerry admits its real and he responds to the inherent threat.

HOHO! What makes you think that everyone responding on this thread is a Democrat? I happen to dislike both candidates and think they are playing a cruel joke on Americans.

link   

I hate to break the bad news to you, but they have been faking and misrepresenting video footage since this conflict began, do I need to provide you with some examples?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

No grasping at straws here
Just look closley at the pics. Its not the same person. The nose is different, the head placement in relation to the shoulders are different. The mannerisms in the video are not the same from previous vids in the past. Its not the same person. IMO, this was created by some faction within our gov.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well no wonder Bush is calling this a "gift".

Osama pops up to reinforce the terror campaign and silence the 9/11 truth movement all in one hit, just days before the election.

I think another aspect of the video, apart from the watch, is that it's filmed in a studio. The other tapes were filmed in the outdoors.

Osama seems to have gained some weight over the last 12 months. Whether Bush is behind the video, I don't know. But somebody is, and in time the truth will come out.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
And Larry King didn't ask him to elaborate. King is so consistently stupid it baffles me that he has a show (and ratings) (and wives)

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
how old is bin laden anyway?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Channy
how old is bin laden anyway?

47 years old...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Check this out from wikipedia:

The government of the United States named Osama bin Laden the prime suspect in the September 11, 2001 attacks, which killed at least 2,992 people, although he has not been formally charged. Bin Laden denied the accusation for many years, until October 2004, just days before the US Presidential election, when a videotape of Osama Bin Laden directly admitting he was behind the September 11 attacks was found. In the tape, Bin Laden also threatens that another terrorist attack on America may be imminent. Before October 2004, there were already clues that he was behind the attacks. In a videotape purportedly discovered in Afghanistan in 2001, a person resembling bin Laden appeared to discuss the attacks using language suggesting that he participated in planning the attacks.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Check this out from wikipedia:

I could be wrong but it seems to me that he admited it on a tape shortly after it happened. I am just going on memory here so like I said I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yea, the snip says something about that on the last line. That a person resembling bin Laden talked in language suggesting he was responsable. Two key words: resembling, suggesting.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So Jamuhn, now bin-laden video is a confesion to 9/11? very interesting, I thought just like amuK that bin-laden took resposibility for the 9/11 after the attack.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join