It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins of Shapeshifting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I just caught this on another thread so I thought I would throw this at ya.

Alot of peope believe in shapeshifting and it is a legend in mankinds past but if it is true, than where did it come from?

The answer is in the Fallen Angels mating with woman and their offspring becoming the gods of the pantheons.

The first of these unions was when satan sedused Eve and the offspring born was Cain.

Satan was originally Lucifer, apparently the Highest Arch Angel. Some other angels in heaven are described as the Four Beasts or Living Creatures (Rev 4).

In other words, satan, before he was cursed could shapeshift from one form to another probably one of these four beasts, and as such sired Cain and this was passed on to Cain and his descendants - some of them.

That is why the Bible describes satan as serpent, human or even lion - this latter would probably be where the were wolf legends have come from.

What do you think about that?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I once came across shapeshifting snake people in Indian mythology, which were a race of snake people, called the Nagas, that could take on any human form, that lived under the ocean. There also accounts of them being exposed, when they heard a certain high pitched music from an instrument, which caused them to shapeshift to their original form. I wonder, if David Ike was really telling the truth, that the vibration produced by this equipment, caused the holographic projection to be off-set.

Someone needs to go to the queen and make her dance to some high-pitched music
I am half-seriously, actually.

[edit on 30-10-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I wonder, if David Ike was really telling the truth, that the vibration produced by this equipment, caused the holographic projection to be off-set.

Actually, I don't know who
Ikie is though apparently he is popular on this site.

I do know that most cultures have some legends concerning shape shifters - whether they are true or not I don't know.

If they are, than there has to be an explanation for their existance, and the one I provided is the only logical one I have ever found...

[edit on 10/28/04 by jesterbr549]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Interesting theory.

The two reasons that I have believe shapeshifting is so common in cultures around the world is:

1) Probably the most likely, is its just the result of imagination.
We see animals everyday and I'm sure everyone here at one time or another thought it might be fun to be such and such animal. Take it a step further and you have shapeshifting.

2) It could have originated from peoples experiences on the astral plane. Once on the astral plane you can take any form that you can imagine.

I'm not saying physical shapeshifting is impossible. These just seem like likely candidates for the truth on the subject.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Not to be skeptical, but how could shapeshifting be posible from a biological standpoint???

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valedamar
Not to be skeptical, but how could shapeshifting be posible from a biological standpoint???

There are some known animals who can shape-shift, and change colour. Although, Ike's reptillian shape-shifters are more of a different story, something about holographic projection via mind control etc.
I wonder if certain animals, could however, be able to take on the form of something, perhaps close to them physiologically. Like an extension of camaflorge.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
well if all living things are made of atoms, and all the different species are just those atoms rearranged in a different fashion, then a select few may have somehow rearranged their own atoms to correspond to the animal's atoms... i know this sounds a bit far-fetched but hey, its always good to be open minded.
I wonder if shape shifting has anything to do with the unused part of our brain

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I wonder if shape shifting has anything to do with the unused part of our brain

I personally believe that man is physical, mental and spiritual and that the ability to shapshift - if it exists - is controlled by the spirit through that part of the brain that is least used.

Now, ask yourself this.

Why did Y'shua say, "Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit to his stature? Or which of you, by taking thought, can make one hair white or black."

Where, in the world, did he come up with those two questions. I mean, everyone knows this, so much so, that no one even thinks about it. So, why did he ask these questions unless there are some people who do have this ability...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesterbr549I
The first of these unions was when satan sedused Eve and the offspring born was Cain.

What r u saying that Cain was satans child?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Gen 3:15 "I will put enmity between you and the woman - between your seed and her seed..."

Yup - that's what I am saying...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eternal

Originally posted by jesterbr549I

actually Jewish mysticisim has Eve having sex with the serphant as the reason for the "fall from the garden"...there are some interesting tales out there which may be closer to the truth then what we learned in Sunday school.

top topics

join