It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broken brain filters - it's time to get serious

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Look, this may come off as insulting, but I'm dead serious. More and more people aren't able to stop the flow of trivial and downright meaningless thoughts from vomiting out of their mouth. I believe I've mentioned this before, but it's so prevalent now that I can't ignore it any longer.

I can't go anywhere without total strangers talking to me as if we were lifelong buddies, and what they have to say has no conversation value whatsoever.

Yes, I'm calling them stupid and utterly boring, but is it possible that these people are suffering from some kind of brain malfunction? We talk here about genetically altered food and about chemicals being sprayed via the contrails of planes. Are we being poisoned? Are we devolving as a species?

Something is going on. All of my life I've witnessed stupid people being very quiet because they were at least smart enough to know that were stupid. Now it's a matter of fewer and fewer people are using their brain filters to weed out the interesting thoughts against the uninteresting - just open mouth and puke up a bunch of stinking nonsense, all day, everyday.

I'll say it again: Something is wrong!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You know, that reminds of this guy who was in line behind me in Krogers earlier this week. Out of the blue he starts trying to buddy up to me, talking about how service industries have gone downhill in the past few years.

As a person who spent most of their career in this field, I wanted so badly to inform him of the fact that service industry personnel have to face the public every single day, smiles on their faces, no matter what might be happening in their real lives. I mean, how many 9-5ers got yelled at because they weren't chipper on the day of their fathers funeral.

In fact just thinking about it reminds of a time when I was in my twenties.... Gotcha

Yeah. Thankfully I have one of those expressive faces that doesn't hide any emotion, including incredulity or contempt very well. So the talkative strangers usually move past me and onto someone else within the first five or ten words.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Its probably the Jersey Shores fault.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

There are such people, they are everywhere...I just don't bother paying attention to this kinda folks. It's just hello and bye for me.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Look, this may come off as insulting, but I'm dead serious. More and more people aren't able to stop the flow of trivial and downright meaningless thoughts from vomiting out of their mouth. I believe I've mentioned this before, but it's so prevalent now that I can't ignore it any longer.

I can't go anywhere without total strangers talking to me as if we were lifelong buddies, and what they have to say has no conversation value whatsoever.

Yes, I'm calling them stupid and utterly boring, but is it possible that these people are suffering from some kind of brain malfunction? We talk here about genetically altered food and about chemicals being sprayed via the contrails of planes. Are we being poisoned? Are we devolving as a species?

Something is going on. All of my life I've witnessed stupid people being very quiet because they were at least smart enough to know that were stupid. Now it's a matter of fewer and fewer people are using their brain filters to weed out the interesting thoughts against the uninteresting - just open mouth and puke up a bunch of stinking nonsense, all day, everyday.

I'll say it again: Something is wrong!

Kind of a cool idea for a sci fi story if you ask me...

All of the intelligent people die off in a culmination of events such as the GMO's/chems simultaneously
Or we all have Brain parasites and the ones keeping them intelligent and alive die off,
leaving all the stupid people behind in a world they don't know how to work

.....and then right when they give up....aliens INVADE.... lol...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

If a stranger starts talking to me, about unimportant uninteresting things, I respond as warmly and politely as I can.

They are usually just lonely people who don't have anyone to talk to except for the occasional trip to the store.

The encounters will only be a few minuets of my life, but may help them immensely, I give them a smile and chat as long as they are not rude or crude.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thankfully I have one of those expressive faces that doesn't hide any emotion, including incredulity or contempt very well. So the talkative strangers usually move past me and onto someone else within the first five or ten words.

I am not a pretty face either, and I make sure that my body language can be read by a freakin' monkey. Just before this thread I went to the store to play a little bit of the lottery. This guy starts telling me how he shoveled his sidewalk today and how his landlord is an A-hole because he doesn't provide salt for the pavement. I don't know him. I don't know his landlord. Everybody shovels snow. I turned my back to him to scratch my lottery tickets and he still kept rambling on about this wholly uninteresting topic. This is just one example of many encounters every week, and, sadly, it isn't the worst of them.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Hefficide

Thankfully I have one of those expressive faces that doesn't hide any emotion, including incredulity or contempt very well. So the talkative strangers usually move past me and onto someone else within the first five or ten words.

I am not a pretty face either, and I make sure that my body language can be read by a freakin' monkey. Just before this thread I went to the store to play a little bit of the lottery. This guy starts telling me how he shoveled his sidewalk today and how his landlord is an A-hole because he doesn't provide salt for the pavement. I don't know him. I don't know his landlord. Everybody shovels snow. I turned my back to him to scratch my lottery tickets and he still kept rambling on about this wholly uninteresting topic. This is just one example of many encounters every week, and, sadly, it isn't the worst of them.

Wow I think you need your own planet. Hope your not Christian, by all accounts he could test you out by being an annoying person and bugging you with small talk.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Actually, I have been studying that. Seems like the proper operation of the brain is being compromised because people are starting to avoid some necessary chemistry of foods to remain normal. By raising the frequency of the mind too much it can create stray signals that aren't going properly between the brain lobes. It's actually a sort of epilepsy but they call it add nowadays. Diet can control this, Nicotinic acid can help to correct this problem. Nitrogen is a nervene and in the right molecular structure can help to focus. Cigarettes can help but a better source would be the aged foods, they have amines that calm us. Too many tyramines and the BP goes up......Medicine is saying BP should be low and to eat foods that keep it low....... Then the sell us antidepressants which contain this chemistry but contain other chemicals that keep the blood pressure low like curcumins. Put mustard on your balogna sandwich and your BP stays down.

Your insight is right, but this whole thing is very complex. There are many changes that are occurring in food and the electrical field around us. Getting rid of all the metal in my mouth helped a lot, it made it easier to think. Too much fluoride and bromide in the food and idiots are adding extra fluoride on their teeth. Seems that their appearance is more important than their health nowadays. I can see why they say brains and beauty are opposites. This stray voltage in the brain sooner or later screws up our ability to detox and form proper body chemistry and eventually we get sick.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Thank you op for bringing this up. If anyone were to check my profile they would see that I very rarely post at all an more. I guess at this point I could be called a lurker. I logged in just to respond to your post. I am seeing more and more of this kind of behavior in people. I work in an office setting and even many professional educated people don't have a "stopper". They say anything and everything that pops into their head without any clue of what is appropriate and what is not. Maybe its just a case of a fool not watching what comes out of their mouth....but then again who knows.

One of my theories is that with doctors handing out antidepressants and psych meds like candy, perhaps that is the cause. But then again, with all of the substances that are going into our food and drinking water, who knows? I don't even have a clue as to how one completely protects themselves from this stuff if you are living and working in the real world.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So why do some of you not like those who try to strike up a conversation? Maybe the person can teach you something you do not know or may need to know in the near future. Pay attention nothing is random in this reality.

In this case seeing this is happening and the info being spoken is irrational in the conversations caused the creation of this thread. Awareness is good
edit on 17-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by jiggerj

If a stranger starts talking to me, about unimportant uninteresting things, I respond as warmly and politely as I can.

They are usually just lonely people who don't have anyone to talk to except for the occasional trip to the store.

The encounters will only be a few minuets of my life, but may help them immensely, I give them a smile and chat as long as they are not rude or crude.

I started out that way a few years back, but because I didn't tell them right off to shut the hell up they just assumed they could ramble on every time they see me. They don't read body language, or for some reason they CAN'T read it. And when I see them babbling to others they all do the same thing: no eye contact, no comment, and turn their back to the nonsense talkers. How can the nonsense talkers be lonely when they're spewing garbage to everyone?

Now, when someone won't shut up I say, "What?! I'm hard of hearing!" That seems to do the trick because the nonsense talkers don't want to actually work at what they're saying.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Wow I think you need your own planet. Hope your not Christian, by all accounts he could test you out by being an annoying person and bugging you with small talk.

Hey, I would agree with you if this was an infrequent occurrence, but it's happening every time I go to the store!

Here's a snippet of the babbling I've put up with just this week from different people, and when I say 'snippet' it's because these people drone on and on and onnnnnn about this stuff.

Lady with a stack of lottery tickets she filled out: I am going to win the lottery today! Will you buy me a coffee and a newspaper? And, can I bum a couple of smokes off you? This was the first time I encountered this woman. I gave her five bucks and two smokes. The next time she asked me to buy her a newspaper and give her two cigarettes. I gave her one smoke. The next three encounters I told her I was hard of hearing. That stopped her.

This from a guy with a lump on his forehead: Hey, can I bum a smoke off you? Thanks. So, I drank two pints of vodka and I slipped on the ice this morning and wound up in the hospital. I... (I stopped even pretending to listen here).

Little old Japanese woman: Hey, you have a cigarette? You have a dollar? Gave her both. She asked again the next day. I said no because I watched her dump twenty bucks on lottery scratch tickets.

Even a Christian would lose his/her patience with all of this crap.

One gray-haired woman bummed a smoke off me as I went into the store. She actually tried to bum another as I walked out. I said no and she blasted me with, "What do you want me to do, go whoring for smokes?!" I walked away.

edit on 2/17/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
lol

and here I thought I was just getting more antisocial as time passed.

I hate small talk about the mundane things people seem to find compelling.

Things like
"Oh I was at the store yesterday and it started to snow and OMG I was like cool so I walked over to the cashier and told them to look outside because it was snowing and one thing led to another and the next thing we know we are talking about our favorite dishwasher detergent and then that leads to arguement about which fabric softener is the best and OMG this is the weirdest thing!!! The cashier also really liked Jersey Shore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Which I respond to by saying. "I'm sorry but who are you? I dont think we've met, anyway I have to go peace."

These happen on a daily basis and it makes me want to slap people.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
So why do some of you not like those who try to strike up a conversation?

But that's what I'm trying to get across, this ISN'T an attempt to strike up a conversation. There's something wrong with these people. What they're doing is opening their mouth and letting words fall out to anyone in their vicinity. When some of these people start babbling I have seen the intended victim just walk away and, without skipping a beat, the babbler continues on without anyone there, or he/she turns to someone else and continues on as if THAT person had been listening from the beginning. This isn't two people chatting. All I can say is there's something medically wrong here.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Here ya go, Jigger. Jude posted this in another thread, and I immediately thought of you...

edit on 2/17/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Char-Lee

Hey, I would agree with you if this was an infrequent occurrence, but it's happening every time I go to the store!

Here's a snippet of the babbling I've put up with just this week from different people, and when I say 'snippet' it's because these people drone on and on and onnnnnn about this stuff.

Lady with a stack of lottery tickets she filled out: I am going to win the lottery today! Will you buy me a coffee and a newspaper? And, can I bum a couple of smokes off you? This was the first time I encountered this woman. I gave her five bucks and two smokes. The next time she asked me to buy her a newspaper and give her two cigarettes. I gave her one smoke. The next three encounters I told her I was hard of hearing. That stopped her.

This from a guy with a lump on his forehead: Hey, can I bum a smoke off you? Thanks. So, I drank two pints of vodka and I slipped on the ice this morning and wound up in the hospital. I... (I stopped even pretending to listen here).

Little old Japanese woman: Hey, you have a cigarette? You have a dollar? Gave her both. She asked again the next day. I said no because I watched her dump twenty bucks on lottery scratch tickets.

Even a Christian would lose his/her patience with all of this crap.

One gray-haired woman bummed a smoke off me as I went into the store. She actually tried to bum another as I walked out. I said no and she blasted me with, "What do you want me to do, go whoring for smokes?!" I walked away.

edit on 2/17/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

I'm glad you gave specific examples because it triggered something my brother recently said to me that coincides with your experiences.

He had to go into D.C. for work last week...he has to do this often given the line of work he does so, he's familiar with the area and has often interacted with many of the locals.

He called me when he got home and said something to this effect "Man, people are really starting to act weird and it's starting to creep me out" When I asked him what he meant he described something very similiar to your experiences.

Random people coming up to him and talking about just weird stuff and then bumming money or cigarettes. It creeped him out to the point that he stopped going on smoke breaks b/c he started worrying about what would happen if he turned them down.

I know it's not uncommon for folks to bum for money and cigs in the city...it's happened to me as well. I just found it odd that this happened to him in an area he is familiar with and never experienced before and, it escalated to a point that creeped him out.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You DO live in an interesting place! well I am a stranger babbling at yeah too!!

I hate people but I love them all too and I could never hurt any of them unless they were being rude or unkind in a pretty major way, because, yes it sounds like they are lonely and need someone to just respond to them for a bit.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

it escalated to a point that creeped him out
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

That is exactly what it's doing to me. I'm not angry, I'm creeped out. People used to bum cigarettes or money and said thank you and walked away.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other times people have gone into detail on how they just got out of prison, and one guy gave me a lengthy lesson on which types of wood are good for burning. I did manage to ask this one if he had a fireplace or burned wood in any way, and he said no.

These people don't know my name, and they don't know me. Why then would they give me such personal details on their lives or utterly irrelevant info on firewood if their minds were functioning properly? There is nothing about me that would trigger someone's need to talk about firewood.

I guess what creeps me out the most is that this usually happens at 5 or 6 in the morning when I'm tired and heading for work. I don't know many people that want to talk THAT much so early in the morning.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

it escalated to a point that creeped him out
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

That is exactly what it's doing to me. I'm not angry, I'm creeped out. People used to bum cigarettes or money and said thank you and walked away.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other times people have gone into detail on how they just got out of prison, and one guy gave me a lengthy lesson on which types of wood are good for burning. I did manage to ask this one if he had a fireplace or burned wood in any way, and he said no.

These people don't know my name, and they don't know me. Why then would they give me such personal details on their lives or utterly irrelevant info on firewood if their minds were functioning properly? There is nothing about me that would trigger someone's need to talk about firewood.

I guess what creeps me out the most is that this usually happens at 5 or 6 in the morning when I'm tired and heading for work. I don't know many people that want to talk THAT much so early in the morning.

Don't be mad but, I couldn't help but chuckle about the firewood thing.

Only because.....what would possess a person to just start randomly talking about firewood??? I tried mentally picturing myself in your situation and well....my humurous imagination got carried away to the point of literally laughing out loud.

On a more serious note...these people he encountered that day must have been really "out there" because he's not one to scare easily and has seen just about the worst of humanity and has survived. He was able to do so mainly because of his instincts so, he definetly sensed something wasn't right that day. Plus, he's a chain smoker so, for him to skip his nicotine fix...that's rare.

I have to agree with you about the early morning thing. I have a rule in my house....Do Not talk to me until I finish at least one cup of coffee. Not a word!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join