It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God loves me.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Of course he does.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Of course he does.

I am fairly sure that image was not so much about 'love' but divine intervention and the lack thereof. The whole 'why doesn't god heal amputees' when he (allegedly) answers prayers all the time.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
All I deserve is death and hell. I had to humble myself to accept that fact, because the new age movement taught me to glorify myself.

I was suspicious back then that something was terribly wrong with that way of thinking, but yet it still tasted sweet to continue dabbling into the alternative spiritual theories.

I became prideful and selfish, as what the spirits behind the new age persuaded me to be. In which the false hope of ascending to a realm of paradise by believing in my imagination, myself, my mind, my spirit, could really be true. My way was mine. That pride and selfishness blinded me from the reality of death, that there is only hell fire waiting for me on the other side.

And after reading the Gospels with a sincere heart, I realized there was something different about Jesus Christ that cannot be found in one's self, or eastern gurus, or others who cling to different ways. I began my Christian walk by accepting that Jesus is God in flesh, and His shed blood can save a soul from hell, and that there is no other way that can suffice.

Until one humbles himself, by taking his soul (mind, emotions and will) into obedience under the authority of the written Word of God; then that curse which exists in all of us by nature can be overcome by faith. And until one is convicted that God is just in his judgement, and that God is just for the condemnation and penalty of sin. Then one can know that God doesn't have to save him, and he knows that he is utterly at the mercy of God.

Thanks for reading.

edit on 18-2-2013 by netgamer7k because: grammar

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by netgamer7k

As long as we grow in Christ with Christ in us, there is no hell because there's no hell in Christ and the love of God., But a contrite and repentanr heart is needed fur sure, but thankfully there is a hand that wipes away the tears from our eyes.

edit on 18-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Originally posted by netgamer7k

Thanks for reading.

You're welcome

All I deserve is death and hell.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

I don't.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't know what's so hard about "love God above all and (no less important) your neighbor as yourself". Just because it comes from the Bible doesn't negate for a moment its efficacy and wisdom.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I don't believe we are arguing against love or wisdom. Compassion or The Golden Rule.

If it's that god it's coming from you have to weigh in everything else in the Bible. Which means that all-loving nature is nice and all, but having men marry their rape victims isn't. If the whole of the Bible is the Word of God you cannot avoid that. Unless you take the position only some of it is the Word of God can you avoid that. Is that your position? And if so, which parts. Why those parts and not the others.

If you want to avoid these kinds of questions you have to drop the bibles, the doctrine, the dogma, as representations of divinity. Otherwise, you will be asked. Time and again. It's fair game! I don't understand how someone claiming to be rational, reasonable, and scientific, cannot understand this...

Just being blunt since it seems you were

edit on 18-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

The Jesus parts, however mythologized, the historical person of Jesus, the genius and the sacred heart of God's limitless love and compassion in that person. How's that?

Are you just trying to be difficult and contrarion or what..?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

So don't ask questions just accept it. I can't comply with that. You should have made it more clear earlier that was against the rules. I will leave your thread. Carry on

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

All I deserve is death and hell. I had to humble myself to accept that fact, because the new age movement taught me to glorify myself.

Until one humbles himself, by taking his soul (mind, emotions and will) into obedience under the authority of the written Word of God; then that curse which exists in all of us by nature can be overcome by faith. And until one is convicted that God is just in his judgement, and that God is just for the condemnation and penalty of sin. Then one can know that God doesn't have to save him, and he knows that he is utterly at the mercy of God.

Brothers, on this day we observe the passing of netgamer7k's self esteem. His confidence and drive was a beacon for those who had difficulty helping themselves, and his candle shed a brief but lovely light. Our thoughts go with him as his integrity passes into the void.

Blessed be.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That was very good and very funny and enlightening, but what was this?

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Blessed be.

Where did that come from? Did you just start using that little phrase? Oh dear God have we lost you too?, not to a loss of will, but total willfulness as in "do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" and "love under will"?

If so, I am very very sad at your passing also, at the other end of the spectrum.

Question: Can your heart be broken, relative to an inconquerable love? Or would you rise up and cast down the God of love (if given the opportunity?). Have you become a satanist? Oh sigh..

edit on 19-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

i hope you're still with us.

Just FYI, the "NewAgeMan" of my monicur, doesn't mean what you think it does. As to what it does mean, see my signature below, and this

the free gift of the water of life.

Then you will understand.

I'm just hopeful for something better but not as I would have it, as Christ would have it.

Hope you start feeling better.. remember "this too shall pass".. may you come out the other side with flying colors.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
"there is a principal which serves as a bar against all information and proof against all arguments, and one which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance, and that principal is called contempt, prior to investigation." (Herbert Spencer, Scientist).

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I didn't mean to offend you, and I don't need to make you wrong nor simply have you make me wrong, then where are we? And I don't mean to be snootie, more playful than anything.

All I meant to say in regards to your inquiry, is that I've taken the Gospels (yes and Psalms, and Isaiah), and some of acts, and drawn from them and from the lips and mind of Christ as much as possible, it was a source of deep and profound inspiration for me.

Then I went through a series of :"experiences" which bright me into new understandings, which I like to share, that's all, you don't need to dislike me and attack me for no reason, right, and I doubt that you're really like that anyway, so I'll go first then and say that if I've offended you in some way - I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be combative or evasive, but at the same time I have no interest in winning an argument about - what's the thread again (I had to go check) oh yes - God loves me.

I'm happy to talk about anything you like or answer any question or consider any proposition and I'm sorry if we got off to a rocky start, I'd be pleased to speak with you, if you'll still have me..?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
What an absurd and ridiculous thread title (you have to look at it from my perspective).

But it makes sense because the more I have to look at it, the more I only end up loving YOU more than ME!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Question: Did your Jesus die on every planet in the universe where there is possible intelligent life at a similiar level of awareness to ours?

One of your past posts with speculation on E.T.'s

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

Sadly, or joyfully, no, I don't think it was necessary anywhere else. There is also something rather unique about our earth-moon-sun configuration pointing to something rather extraordinary about man's place in the cosmos, but that's another thread altogether.

I also believe that he was obedient unto the point of death, and narrowly threaded the eye of the needle in order to exit the tomb three days later, completing the ritual, and I might add, bursting forth into the Liberated Resurrected Life.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Wow...just, wow. You just blew me away. For a good while there I was kind of worried that maybe you were getting the rational upper hand. I went through some of your posts, pulled out that little gem and wouldn't you know it, your response has really put my mind at ease! HA.

*straightens lapels, clears throat and walks out*

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

Would you like to clarify? Don't assume anything now.. there could be more to it than you think...

Let me clarify by asking you this - Although sentient life beyond earth is all but a certainty, where else in the entire universe (where stars outnumber grains of sand) can a bipedal, ten fingered, self aware sentient observer look up and see their single, giant moon (by compare to the host planet), perfectly eclipse the circumference of their sun?

And to clarify still further, let me add the following for your consideration, before you walk away all smug while tugging your lapels.. lol

Now in "light" of that, still further, please look at this rather interesting geometrical relationship

translated to the flower of life and vesica pisces

Now if you will consider this

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Jesus Christ is the Phi Ratio Son of God

The Golden Proportion is analogous to God’s relationship to creation

The Golden Section, or Phi, found throughout nature, also applies in understanding the relationship of God to Creation. In the golden section, we see that there is only one way to divide a line so that its parts are in proportion to, or in the image of, the whole:

The ratio of the larger section (B) to the whole line (A) is the same as the ratio as the smaller section (C) to the large section (B):

Only “tri-viding” the whole preserves the relationship to the whole
And so it is with our understanding of God, that we are created in His image. Not by dividing the whole, but only by tri-viding the whole does each piece retain its unique relationship to the whole. Only here do we see three that are two that are one.

The Book of John begins with these words that capture the essence of this:

In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

Jesus, in John 14:9, expressed a similar thought:

Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.

Conclusion:

The human Jesus (the Son of Man) is to the divine Jesus (the Son of God) as the divine Jesus (the Son of God) is to God (the Father or whole).

www.goldennumber.net...

and then to top it off I would like to invite you to consider how.

Jesus Christ as son of God perfectly reflects the light of God (God consciousness and will to love and to share) even in the darkness, as the moon does the sun, which is both an allegory and a physical symbol/sign embedded right into the creation as a first/last cause, a sign that Jesus as a trained Magus was most certainly well aware.

Are you astonished now?

Things that make ya go hmmm....

Now, do I think that God has still more tricks up his sleeve? Sure, why not?

But you have to admit that this is a good one.

And my oh my what it says about us, about we ourselves also as children of a loving God, as sons and daighters of God..

"So do not be afraid, little ones, do not let your hearts be troubled and be of good cheer, for it pleased the father (first father of creation) to share his kingdom with all his children! (said with an exclamatory and a smile)

edit on 20-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

That was a great post, but I'm afraid most will be left scratching their heads. Of course there is humor in understanding and humor in not understanding. Either way God tells a good joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join