It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God loves me.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Can't you see how funny this thread is, and why the title is "controversial" thus drawing you in the first place..?

It's so funny to me, I can't fathom how no one else seems to get it, the true nature of our predicament and the double bind of love's reason placed on the absurdity of all our prior ignorance and misunderstanding rooted in duality and separation.

I mean like who can argue against love or my own experience of it, for that matter?

How unreasonable would THAT be?

Of course love to be love since it's freely extended and offered can be freely mocked and rejected, that's everyone's prerogative, but my oh my that's funny!

And much better when no one has to be crucified and nailed to a cross (this time 'round).

But oh don't you feel it (some among you), the hatred of love, the hatred of me - but I can take it, just like him, because there's nothing else worth doing or being in the final analysis, nothing less makes any sense.

edit on 17-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Loved the elephant
Nice touch

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

I don't go to any church. My home is my "church". I have my relationship with our Father right here, in me & my house and everywhere i go our Father's Spirit is with me & mine. And, i will say, He does love all of us. You, no one has that choice not to be loved by Him. He already paid in flesh for all of us.

Fact: I don't need to go to any church, give my money to a building and man who fools people and turn them away from Him when i have Him in my home. I help those who are in real need, and i will help when and if i can.

One cannot say, what you did and compare Him to the church..

People need to open their spiritual eyes and ears. Listen with the soul and spirit, and grow in faith. We need to put our trust in Him and walk with Him with no doubt AND WITH LOVE to all. Bricks and man won't make us grow spiritually, He does that.

I will too say that not all churches are alike. There are those who really does care and help people as He would want them to. I am not judging any church, or man. I am just saying i have Him in me (we all do) and my praise and worship i do in my house.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: spelling

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Jesus' whole objective was our absolute liberation and unconstrained unfettered freedom which is the freedom to REALLY love because love isn't really love unless it's free, all-inclusive and unconditional.

I can understand and agree with this as it relates to benevolence
What I can't understand is how this relates to the god you're apparently representing. If it was the idea of the Creator loving its creation that would be one thing, but knowing you were actually meaning to say the god of the Bible prevented me from enjoying a post I would have otherwise enjoyed

Think of the love and reason of Jesus as Christmind, with even Jesus of Nazatreth, "annointed" by it as the living Spirit of truth and life and infinite intelligence and thus the spirit and love of God as the one same spirit that always was, is and will forever be (I would have added "the almighty" to the end of that, but I didn't want to ruin it for you)

Like I said in the OP, one God, one condition only. Just one.

Whichs makes the notion of loving God above all and (no less important) our neighbor as ourself, not just an axiom for civilized conduct, but a living gateway to eternal life.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
...there are MANY religions that are much older then Christianity

I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and...

Well, you get the picture.

Jesus is the member of the Godhead by which ALL things were created...

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." (Rev 1:8)

The alpha and omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet.

From an alphabet (soup) you make words,
and Jesus Christ is called the "Word of God".

“Word” is capitalized indicating that it is being used as a NAME.

In Revelation 19, there are references that read, “His name is called The Word of God.”

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" ~ John 1:1

ALL physical reality came into existence through Jesus...

...in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. ~ Heb. 1:2

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. ~ 1 Corinthians 8:6

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ ~ Ephesians 3:9

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. ~ Colossians 1:16-17

edit on 17-2-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Think of the love and reason of Jesus as Christmind, with even Jesus of Nazatreth, "annointed" by it as the living Spirit of truth and life and infinite intelligence and thus the spirit and love of God as the one same spirit that always was, is and will forever be (I would have added "the almighty" to the end of that, but I didn't want to ruin it for you)

Like I said in the OP, one God, one condition only. Just one.

My comment wasn't a critique or rejection of God or of love. It was towards biblical god. Underneath your words is the Bible and the god therein is it not?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Jesus IS the God of love, and also the very very best part of who and what we really are as children of God, so it doesn't matter by which frame he came onto the scene to make his love known where love to be love must not only be free, but also communicated and revealed or made manifest as a love of creative action, so Christ is like the thing spoken as it's "Word", and I eat it and share it freely with you. It's spiritual food and drink, this needs to be understood, and if it came from the Bible who cares, it doesn't matter don't let yourself be so biased or prejudiced like that, because "there is a principal which serves as a bar against all information and proof against all arguments, and one which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance, and that principal is called contempt, prior to investigation." (Herbert Spencer, Scientist).

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

It's spiritual food and drink, this needs to be understood, and if it came from the Bible who cares, it doesn't matter don't let yourself be so biased or prejudiced like that

Okay what spiritual food and drink do you suggest? Recommended reading material?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

im not even going to read the comments on this thread but newageman i love your thread buddy especially the ending keep up the threads good inspiration there and understanding a valuable notion to keep though the reason for christ and god makeing us love one another is because theoretically we all are one ill leave the rest up to you

peace unto you from me brother
edit on 17-2-2013 by GRS1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Can't you see how funny this thread is, and why the title is "controversial" thus drawing you in the first place..?

It's so funny to me, I can't fathom how no one else seems to get it, the true nature of our predicament and the double bind of love's reason placed on the absurdity of all our prior ignorance and misunderstanding rooted in duality and separation.

I mean like who can argue against love or my own experience of it, for that matter?

How unreasonable would THAT be?

Of course love to be love since it's freely extended and offered can be freely mocked and rejected, that's everyone's prerogative, but my oh my that's funny!

And much better when no one has to be crucified and nailed to a cross (this time 'round).

But oh don't you feel it (some among you), the hatred of love, the hatred of me - but I can take it, just like him, because there's nothing else worth doing or being in the final analysis, nothing less makes any sense.

edit on 17-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

ok hey newageman check it brother i like what you have done but check this out i believe the bible isnt meant to be taken literally and heres a reference point
:"And much better when no one has to be crucified and nailed to a cross" now look at this....
:"But oh don't you feel it (some among you), the hatred of love, the hatred of me - but I can take it, just like him"
this is a small correlation i made to a analogistic view point of the cruexifiction i believe the bible is riddled with these what im stating here is we get cruexified everyday by nonbelievers in his name it certainly makes you look at it different dosent it? i truely love the sword shield and full armor of god because nothing can pierce or withstand it love you guys

EDIT just thought would throw that into your thread hope you can forgive me lol if you want me to change it let me know

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

ahh but dont forget we are the word of god also as we are jesus also for we are the body of christ

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I would recommend the four gospels from yes, the Bible, and the Bhagavad Gita of the ancient Vedic tradition especially the one translated by Eknath Easwaran.

But it's even simpler if you love God with everything you've got an your neighbor as self, that is the simplest way to eat and drink and be at the celebratory wedding table eating and drinking and laughing with your friends God not excluded either, who really frames the whole room and table in order to create the possibility for the experience in the first place as a generous, kind, and very wise act, of sharing in koinonia.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

dude im loving your post lol ima see what can get out of em

EDIT obviously you dont need any help from me ima just sit back ans enjoy the ride

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
That more side stepped the point i made, you cannot very well say jesus practices freedom
when he clearly spells out laws for slavery, that is the antithesis to freedom and is
suppose to have come right from his mouth, also you use the age old take the free
gift so you don't get punished excuse, only problem with that one is as always which
god do i worship? i realize you seem sure jesus and the christian god are the correct
god but many disagree with this idea, so in reality if you have pledged yourself to
the "wrong" god then your in that same boat anyway.

When logic is applied properly to religion it becomes very very difficult to overlook
the simple lack of morality in the books and in the claimed actions of those beings,
as i said before, where is the love in murdering children as god claims to have
done as punishment for their parents crimes? im sure those children felt loved being
murdered and not even comprehending why, that's where this all falls apart, there is no
mystery in god, that's just an immoral action that cant be explained away so excuses
are made.

I often wonder why folks don't see the parallel between the books they hold as holy and
say North Korean media, while the world watches their people starve they speak of how
wonderful their leader is, how benevolent his actions are and how he can play golf so
well he got 18 holes in one on his first try, this is very much akin to how the bible is
picked apart for only its peaceful and "good" bits, like it or not the god you believe in
has claimed credit for genocide, patricide, slavery, direct murder, asking parents
to murder their children, and on and on, im really surprised why more people don see
those things in that book and think to themselves "how can anyone call this stuff moral?".

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I have read the Bible and the Gita many many times. I was just interested in your suggestions. Thanks by the way

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Let me toss an idea your way. "God" loves you, so he gives you free will, right? That's the recurring argument. His gift to us, the gift of free will, excuses every act of evil he has ever done, allowed to do, or created. The ability to think or act as we choose.

But you will never, ever know if that's really you doing the thinking or doing. In the Men In Black movies, those people who are neuralized are able to question the possibility that they might have been. But even if they were, they can never prove it without the help of the agents who did that to them. In real life, you are able to question the possibility of an outside force powerful beyond anything you can imagine just reaching in and flipping a switch or rewriting your script and erasing every memory of the original version...even going so far as to replace those absent memories with new ones to keep you from figuring it out. And even if that's exactly what happened, you would be unable to prove it.

So really, you can't say for a fact that you are free and independent. As long as an omnipotent being with its own agenda lurks out there somewhere, you aren't safe. Your thoughts aren't safe. Your life is not safe. Nothing about you is safe. The moment he wants something from you, your say in the matter is nonexistent. You are a sacrifice waiting to happen. He's just kind enough to allow you the illusion of freedom until that moment when he decides that his desires are more important than yours.

It's a terrifying concept. And the worst part is, you can't prove me wrong.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

There is no God 'out there' to worry about.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I love you too.

One of these roses in my hand is for you.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

One of these roses in my hand is for you.

This, I think, is the perfect song for both that sentiment and this entire thread...

Lyrics

The boy only wanting to give mother something,
And all of her roses had bloomed.

Looking at him as he came rushing in,
knowing her roses were doomed.

All she could see were some thorns buried deep,
And tears that he cried as she tended his wounds.

And she knew it was love, it was what she could understand.
He was showing his love and that's how he hurt his hands.

He still remembers that night as a child, on his mothers knee.
She held him close and she opened her Bible, and quietly started to read.

Then seeing a picture of Jesus, he cried out:
"Mama he's got some scars just like me!"

And he knew it was love, it was what he could understand.
He was showing his love, and that's how he hurt his hands.

Now the boy is grown and moved out on his own.
When Uncle Sam comes along.
A foreign affair, but our young men are there.
And luck had his number drawn.

It wasn't that long till our hero was gone, he gave to a friend what he learned from the cross.

But they knew it was love, it one they could understand.

It was one they could understand.

edit on 17-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I love you too.

One of these roses is for you too.

You are welcome in the swamp.

edit on 17-2-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join