It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God loves me.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
..But because there's only one God and therefore only one "condition", then unless I am to become the most pathetic of solipsistic narcissists, God must also love you, and so to must I love you, whether friend or foe.

That's pretty funny, and practical too!

That Jesus let me tell you he really knew what he was talking about and what he was doing and why.

But I just love (to no end) that it has a center and source of humor, the logic of it and that in the humor of understanding, it rings true with the deepest part of me, where I too am a son of God, included not excluded, so how could I ever shut the door in someone else's face? I can't. We all fall short of the glory of God but his mercy and grace makes us and everything new again. He really does take away the sin of the world, but what comes to replace it, as the authentic and true life and reality - that it's joyful, cute, and playful, loving even humorous, tells me that it rings true.

Am I deluded? (I can hear it now from the naysayers, who I also love lol) Well, that it works so well as a fundamental precept and keystone in the fabric of the human family leads me to conclude that I am not, and that therefore from the unconditioned ground of all being and becoming (holy of holies) arises this love, a love that conquers all (including all ignorance) but in such a way that it leaves a smile on your face, a knowing smile and a twinkle in the eye capable of lighting up the world and shining for all in the house, but not of our own doing, that's the funny part, you see, that Jesus as son of God really and truly successfully "punk'd" us all in the best possible way, while holding in reserve for us, everything, absolutely everything that is worthwhile in life and that many of us instinctively knew as little children.

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
~ Mathew 19:4

I love you Jesus, God. I love you too, very much, let's play! (runs unhindered into God's arms).

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
God does not love you, the church loves you. The church loves you because you will listen to anything they will say and you read there manual(bible). The church loves your money and TPTB love the church for controlling a large percentage of the masses. Congrats for worshiping the biggest corporation to ever exist.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Not so, the ancient Jews arose also from the ancient Hindu and Toaist tradtiion, as well - both share the same root and source in the ancient sacred science of the Indus River Valley and with Judaism also appropriating the ancient Egyptian wisdom teachings through Moses.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Re: Origins

And on a figure on a ancient wall in India a symbol from Hinduism this word 'Omm' is centered in the connection of the triangle female symbol and the upright triangle male symbol.

The so called Star of David is not a symbol from Judaism, but a symbol form the Vedic religion of the ancient India, that is worshiping the reunion of man and wife. The symbol and the hidden meaning from Hinduism of this symbol was known by teachers of the Jewish mysticism and has found over them its way to the present Jewish culture.

Shiva is preserved in the Hebrew Genesis as chavvah ( = eve ) ( “life-giver” ) as the female life together with the Hebrew chayim ("Life").

Vedic Timeline and History
en.wikipedia.org...

The whole thing originated in ancient India, from Taoism, to Judaism, Islamic, Christian, Buddhist.

Abraham

In his History of the Jews, the Jewish scholar and theologian Flavius Josephus (37 - 100 A.D.), wrote that the Greek philosopher Aristotle had said: "...These Jews are derived from the Indian philosophers; they are named by the Indians Calani." (Book I:22.)

Clearchus of Soli wrote, "The Jews descend from the philosophers of India. The philosophers are called in India Calanians and in Syria Jews. The name of their capital is very difficult to pronounce. It is called 'Jerusalem.'"

"Megasthenes, who was sent to India by Seleucus Nicator, about three hundred years before Christ, and whose accounts from new inquiries are every day acquiring additional credit, says that the Jews 'were an Indian tribe or sect called Kalani...'" (Anacalypsis, by Godfrey Higgins, Vol. I; p. 400.)

Martin Haug, Ph.D., wrote in The Sacred Language, Writings, and Religions of the Parsis, "The Magi are said to have called their religion Kesh-î-Ibrahim.They traced their religious books to Abraham, who was believed to have brought them from heaven." (p. 16.)

And so, when we look to the origins of all the major religious traditions of the world, we must look to the "Sacred Science" of Brahmavidya in ancient India, which may predate ancient Egypt.

Main article: Indus Valley Civilization
3300 BC: antecedents of the Indus Valley Civilization begin with the Ravi phase, eventually becoming one of the world's three earliest urban civilizations, contemporary to Mesopotamia and Ancient Egypt.
en.wikipedia.org...

That is where the process began, through their deep searching of a "first cause" and the uncreated creator of the unmanifested, made manifest.

"The kingdom of heaven is within."

Cheers.

NAM

So it's not really a case of Buddhism vs. Christianity (what a funny concept)

And if it was, it's really a tie.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

Someone should make this post a bumper sticker.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobertF
So you think you are loved by an imaginary being.....

Why do we have to wonder why the world is so fuked up theses days?

That's so funny to me now, because my being is in Being, so if I were to call it imaginary why then I'd be really deluded.

Love, and God Bless (it's already happening anyway by virtue of our inclusion),

NAM

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I just really don't get why if you use common sense how anyone can believe in "god" through Christianity because there are MANY religions that are much older then Christianity and they are MUCH older then Christianity even says that god created the world itself.. So if there are things that are way older then "god" created the world then how could have have created it and the bible be true.. It makes no sense so you believe in a lie.

The christian bible says the world is 6000 years old but yet there are literally thousands of structures and building the are WAY!!! older then 6000 years as well as txt and other things that are proof that the earth and EVERYTHING on it are well older then 6000 years so... anyone who believes in the bible is delusional and does not have common sense and has their eyes closed to the real truth of the world..

There is SOOOOOO much proof AGAINST god and christian bible that its not even funny and people still have no clue.
edit on 17-2-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
No no no...

god HATES you. That's why he left you cold, alone, naked and starving on a ball of dirt.

Hates you with a passion... hates you so much that he taunts you.. says that in death you will not enter into his paradise unless you suffer even more in life.

suffering and pain.. that's your GOD.

I despise your god...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012
God does not love you, the church loves you. The church loves you because you will listen to anything they will say and you read there manual(bible). The church loves your money and TPTB love the church for controlling a large percentage of the masses. Congrats for worshiping the biggest corporation to ever exist.

I don't go to "church" (building). I could if I wanted to though, and it would be meaningful to me.

Real Church is everywhere and nowhere in particular.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
No no no...

god HATES you. That's why he left you cold, alone, naked and starving on a ball of dirt.

I diagree. I'm happy to be here now, now that I've chosen to be here, I'm grateful for life and for my life and the opportunity to live. I'm absolutely 100% convinced that it's infinitely better that there is something and not nothing at all and that it's not so bad, in spite of all it's sorrow and suffering and heartache, whereby

"The more that sorrow and suffering has carved into our being the more joy we can contain."

~ Kahlil Gibran

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The only question i have about this supposed "love" is why does
he OK slavery in the new testament, if jesus cared at all for morality
he would not have laid down the rules for slave ownership, to me
that is not love, that is laying down a foundation for immorality and
oppression.

Not to mention the hundred other vile things in that book that not
only make one wonder if god even understands morality at all,
but also makes one wonder how loving he could be, i mean he
does go around murdering and telling his followers to murder,
rape, pillage, oppress and destroy. His followers simply seem
to have become more moral than he was so they ignore those
parts of the book.
edit on 17-2-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Jesus' whole objective was our absolute liberation and unconstrained unfettered freedom which is the freedom to REALLY love because love isn't really love unless it's free, all-inclusive and unconditional.

"Our liberation is God's compulsion".
~ C.S. Lewis

It's not relevant to present moment spiritual reality and experiencial meaning to look at it in a purely linear fashion, certainly not if the universal principal of God's love embodied or manifested itself in the person of Jesus Christ, at that point why go back to before what was realized and try to dig up something to lay as an accusation at God's feat?

Me I'd rather appropriate the free gift being offered and then start to move into the eternal reality of the love of God, such that personality, inauthentic personality I should say, becomes meaningless and absurd, as does the whole premise of the duality and separation of the judgement (on our part), a judgement born of subjective interpretation of reality which itself is highly suspect, both outwardly (expressed) and in regards to it's ulterior motive.

It's a type of double bind, but only on everything that is unreasonable and born of ignorance and misunderstanding, which is the source of much enmity in the world.

edit on 17-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
My hope in creating this thread is that people might step back for a moment and consider the nature of the argument and proposition which is based on a cornerstone of reason, and love, arising from the context of what might be called "the relativity of human being" from the unconditioned ground of all being and becoming (fount of creativity). It's workable, and if it's based on an imagined perfect observer theory (self aware objective reality), that it really works suggests that there is a universal connecting principal at work, as the very catalyst to evolutionary growth and well being (harmony). When further framed in terms of the brotherhood of man, from family of origin outwardly, at all levels, it becomes an arrow of civilized reason, but an authentic conduct in relation to our fellow man, a real love, a real self expression a real presence, a real light of life with childlike wonderment and enthusiasm. It happens in the twinkling of an eye and a shared smile, and in appreciation of the sound of birds chirping for joy at the springlike sunshine.

It's a rock of logic and reason which contains it's own playful creativity, humor and charm (bowing with a wave of my hand).

It works, even if it starts out as God of one's own understanding or God as an imagined perfect observer.

And if I'm deluded, then either way it makes me into a much much better, happier and freer person, inviting increased self expression and increased light both for me and my fellow man, so what am I to do but shine, and yet I cannot claim the victory as my own, and if I could I'd just be another asshole, but I'm not!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyJoseph
reply to post by Newagekid2012

Someone should make this post a bumper sticker.

I used to think just like him as a rebellious teen, and then I grew up.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

It's my thread, so I do what I want.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I'm happy for your happiness and faith and thanks for the thought and love

I don't believe in God per say I have my own beliefs. But I do genuinely believe that true love can stop even your God in His steps; even if only to take a moment and smile at it's perfection.

Have great day and thanks for sharing

Cody

Have a non religious SnF from me

edit on 17-2-2013 by cody599 because: Added SnF

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

You are correct. God loves you, more than you or I or anyone could possibly fathom.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980

You are correct. God loves you, more than you or I or anyone could possibly fathom.

Peace.

He must be crazy.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Jesus' whole objective was our absolute liberation and unconstrained unfettered freedom which is the freedom to REALLY love because love isn't really love unless it's free, all-inclusive and unconditional.

I can understand and agree with this as it relates to benevolence
What I can't understand is how this relates to the god you're apparently representing. If it was the idea of the Creator loving its creation that would be one thing, but knowing you were actually meaning to say the god of the Bible prevented me from enjoying a post I would have otherwise enjoyed

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join