It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we secretly avert destruction?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The idea may just be so far out there, so insane, that you're right on about this. I wouldn't be at all surprised if your idea turned out to be correct, even though, as I said, it seems pretty far out there.

S&F

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Indeed, man I never felt so much like I was kidding myself as when I typed N. Korea helped to save the world.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The asteroid was first seen last year at an observatory in Spain. It was seen by other observatories after it was reported and an orbit was calculated.

It was "recovered" in January by several different observatories and the orbit refined.

There is no "they" who could have concealed anything about it. It was observed by international and independent astronomers. NASA really had nothing to do with it.

edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

As I instated in the OP I was aware of that yes.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil
reply to post by colin42

Ok man thanks for you insights and such. But just to add that there were years of 2012 doomsday telling us about a similar such meeting with an object, no?
Not my insights. We saw exactly what was reported and the only prediction was the ones made by the scientists.

If the Mayans predicted it would hit then they were wrong in this case. Yay for science

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

No you didn't. You said other astronomers watched it pass. You didn't say that it was other astronomers who discovered it and calculated its orbit.

You also said to ignore the fact that it was being observed by independent astronomers. In fact you ignore the fact that your little story makes no sense at all.

edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wonder if the Mayans thought it would hit in 2012, but were off by a couple of months? All makes sense now. lol

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Ha that's great what you said about science and such, but like it or not to someone who does not know before hand you responses I was refering to would be insightful for them.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by betadaze

Seems like it all could be too real, dosen't it?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I promise I won't pee in corn flakes anymore ok?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Seems like it all could be too real, doesn't it?

It does, doesn't it!

Lets hope it misses again when it next comes round, hahaha

So, is it time to celebrate now???

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Indeed and no time like the present to bust out the goods and start celebrating!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

In reference to "Maybe this asteroid was Nibiru so to speak" and what transport may really be.. Why do you feel they come to destroy YOU? Those who would be on actual transport(s) OP?

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Would be a very interesting turn of events and a perfect distraction to the end of the world. When I think about it, I hear that their are other moons, though very small, locked in earths orbit. A tiny little push by that military space plane and away we go, right?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I really do not know if I did I'd be rich and be able to answer your question fully, but for humors sake let's just say they are jealous of my mass sex appeal.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

And what fine job they do of controlling

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I really do not know if I did I'd be rich and be able to answer your question fully, but for humors sake let's just say they are jealous of my mass sex appeal.

If so why not send probes disguised as asteroids? If that was the case?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
indeed

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Would you send probes disguised as some rock when you could have the space ship of your dreams in stealth mode?
edit on 16-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
depends on if YOU want the natives to be scared of what they can CURRENTLY perceive with their visual spectrum or if you don't want to alarm them...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join