It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we secretly avert destruction?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Hence: Stealth mode. I would not want us earthlings messing up my ride, except for xzibit lol pimp my starship

edit on 16-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

Did you know, that if we did not have that earthquake in Japan, we would of not been tilted slightly off axis and that Asteroid would of hit us. True story. Sorry Japan, but we had to microwave you. For the good of the colony.

Can't hide the truth

www.nasa.gov...

Japan Quake May Have Shortened Earth Days, Moved Axis

The March 11, magnitude 9.0 earthquake in Japan may have shortened the length of each Earth day and shifted its axis. But don't worry—you won't notice the difference. Using a United States Geological Survey estimate for how the fault responsible for the earthquake slipped, research scientist Richard Gross of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif., applied a complex model to perform a preliminary theoretical calculation of how the Japan earthquake—the fifth largest since 1900—affected Earth's rotation. His calculations indicate that by changing the distribution of Earth's mass, the Japanese earthquake should have caused Earth to rotate a bit faster, shortening the length of the day by about 1.8 microseconds (a microsecond is one millionth of a second). The calculations also show the Japan quake should have shifted the position of Earth's figure axis (the axis about which Earth's mass is balanced) by about 17 centimeters (6.5 inches), towards 133 degrees east longitude. Earth's figure axis should not be confused with its north-south axis; they are offset by about 10 meters (about 33 feet). This shift in Earth's figure axis will cause Earth to wobble a bit differently as it rotates, but it will not cause a shift of Earth's axis in space—only external forces such as the gravitational attraction of the sun, moon and planets can do that. Both calculations will likely change as data on the quake are further refined. In comparison, following last year's magnitude 8.8 earthquake in Chile, Gross estimated the Chile quake should have shortened the length of day by about 1.26 microseconds and shifted Earth's figure axis by about 8 centimeters (3 inches). A similar calculation performed after the 2004 magnitude 9.1 Sumatran earthquake revealed it should have shortened the length of day by 6.8 microseconds and shifted Earth's figure axis by about 7 centimeters, or 2.76 inches. How an individual earthquake affects Earth's rotation depends on its size (magnitude), location and the details of how the fault slipped. Gross said that, in theory, anything that redistributes Earth's mass will change Earth's rotation. "Earth's rotation changes all the time as a result of not only earthquakes, but also the much larger effects of changes in atmospheric winds and oceanic currents," he said. "Over the course of a year, the length of the day increases and decreases by about a millisecond, or about 550 times larger than the change caused by the Japanese earthquake. The position of Earth's figure axis also changes all the time, by about 1 meter (3.3 feet) over the course of a year, or about six times more than the change that should have been caused by the Japan quake." Gross said that while we can measure the effects of the atmosphere and ocean on Earth's rotation, the effects of earthquakes, at least up until now, have been too small to measure. The computed change in the length of day caused by earthquakes is much smaller than the accuracy with which scientists can currently measure changes in the length of the day. However, since the position of the figure axis can be measured to an accuracy of about 5 centimeters (2 inches), the estimated 17-centimeter shift in the figure axis from the Japan quake may actually be large enough to observe if scientists can adequately remove the larger effects of the atmosphere and ocean from the Earth rotation measurements. He and other scientists will be investigating this as more data become available. Gross said the changes in Earth's rotation and figure axis caused by earthquakes should not have any impacts on our daily lives. "These changes in Earth's rotation are perfectly natural and happen all the time," he said. "People shouldn't worry

edit on 16-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

Wow that is amazing and near knocked me out of my chair!

ETA: Your humor is priceless

edit on 16-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

thank you my friend. Also i edited to provide a link. You know. Cus im legit and stuff.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Dude somethings just feel right and which what you said originally was one them. Again wow thanks for showing me that-mind blowing. And that is just even better you provided links and the quote.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
just suppose...a superintelligence has been monitoring Earth, and the inhabitants thereof, and is not pleased with how we're doing. do you suppose a couple of close calls, one just out of reach and one--surprise!--over Siberia in full view (Tsunguska flashback anyone?)...
do you think maybe 'someone' is trying to get our attention?
'people get ready...'

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw

Did you know, that if we did not have that earthquake in Japan, we would of not been tilted slightly off axis and that Asteroid would of hit us. True story. Sorry Japan, but we had to microwave you. For the good of the colony.

Can't hide the truth

Can you explain that a little more? Since 2012 DA14 passed more than 17,200 miles from earth, how did that tiny twist from the earthquake save us?
Or just tell me if I’m not recognizing sarcasm here. I just can’t tell anymore.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw

Can't hide the truth

Can you explain that a little more? Since 2012 DA14 passed more than 17,200 miles from earth, how did that tiny twist from the earthquake save us?
Or just tell me if I’m not recognizing sarcasm here. I just can’t tell anymore.

was not just Japan, tho it contributed i bet. I'm thinking if you use co-ordinated earthquakes, with location and varying magnitude in theory posted above moves the earth off axis slightly. If you wanted to avoid an asteroid that would be the way to do it. There have been a large number of earthquakes in the passed 3 years. I'm thinking that could contribute to the 15 minute miss we had?

Also, that asteroid has an orbit of 317 days now since it passed. But its possible they could of tried to avert other asteroids. HAARP has this technology and if they could avert a natural disaster such as an asteroid.. well commenting some atrocities for the better good of the colony. Just a possibility.

i appreciate your post
respect is number 1. Thanks for having a healthy skepticism and seeking of knowledge. Just my theory. Hope it ties some things together maybe.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I dont understand how the mods are putting these threads into skunk works so fast, doesnt make sense and seems a little biased imo.

Postulating conspiracies contrary to popular scientific belief is.... dare i say... taboo?

I guess that depends on what beliefs you personally subscribe to.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

No you didn't. You said other astronomers watched it pass. You didn't say that it was other astronomers who discovered it and calculated its orbit.

You also said to ignore the fact that it was being observed by independent astronomers. In fact you ignore the fact that your little story makes no sense at all.

edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

forgive the man he didn't do his homework :p Yes they were aware of this Asteroid haha and its path has been known since last year everything he says checks up. The only time the gov would actually intend on hiding something is when many lives were at risk or are terminated. This asteroid was a near miss. Its not gunna be around till 2080 again. But that still leaves me to wonder. If selected earthquakes are being created to avert asteroids we spot? If not already, If the earth did have an asteroid big enough to cause extinction Would the governments of this world use this technology without informing the said target areas because they would obviously not be happy about being the ants under the magnifying glass. Would a couple meters axis change enough to divert an oncoming object a year? two years? five years ahead of time? If we had to make a choice life or death. Would we do the unethical? For the better of living. lol.

Also, would explain why birds and such are dying since the axis would change slightly it would effect the earths rotation which could change he magnetic frequency slightly. What is your input on this?
edit on 17-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

Also i wanted to add. That nukes don't work in space lol. So the blowing up the asteroid theory may not work. Would have to be like a thermal detonation or something. Space is a perfect vacuum and it would rip a nuke apart atom by atom. And even if you could get it to blow up in space. The nuke would be to close to the planet in order to detonate. en.wikipedia.org...

High-altitude nuclear explosions (HANE) have historically been nuclear explosions which take place above altitudes of 30 km, still inside the Earth's atmosphere. Such explosions have been tests of nuclear weapons, used to determine the effects of the blast and radiation in the exoatmospheric environment. The highest was at an altitude of 540 km (335.5 mi). The only nations to detonate nuclear weapons in outer space are the United States and the Soviet Union. The U.S. program began in 1958 with the Hardtack Teak and Hardtack Orange shots, both 3.8 megatons. These warheads were initially carried on Redstone rockets. Later tests were delivered by Thor missiles for Operation Dominic I tests, and modified Lockheed X-17 missiles for the Argus tests. The purpose of the shots was to determine both feasibility of nuclear weapons as an anti-ballistic missile defense, as well as a means to defeat satellites and manned orbiting vehicles in space. High-altitude nuclear blasts produce significantly different effects. In the lower reaches of vacuous space, the resulting fireball grows much larger and faster than it does near the ground, and the radiation it emits travels much farther.

So nukes to blow up Asteroids, not really viable. So maybe the north korean and said current events are just to distract people not more or less scare them. Well. They might want to scare them into supporting a war against north korea. Which The Us will use a base located in russia there was a thread about it black zone in russia. Us wants to use it as an outpost against north korea.
edit on 17-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by SilentKoala

Who trys to create panic every day? Some folks on ATS for sure but Govts? Name one panic situation that they create and support.

Do us a favour and leave. Honestly you know nothing about the history of mankind.
You should be ashamed of your ignorance.

I think it was just an asteroid no conspiracy here

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I doubt its true but what the hey lets say it is, now these governments
all consist of one thing, egotistical men/women, your telling me they
saved the world and AREN'T going to claim every bit of credit they
could lol, heck there would be a war over who got credit..... it just
wouldn't happen until they actually won, but if your idea were correct
we would be in awe of our fearless leaders devotion to our planet right
about now.....
edit on 17-2-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

The problem with blowing up a rock of this size is that breaking it up Armageddon style would be you could not guarantee you could break into small harmless chunks and could in fact cause more danger and damage.

I do see what appears to be something shooting through the meteor from behind and blowing smaller fragments out the other side (front). The thought crosses my mind of satellites with missiles on-board. Instead of a head on or side impact, they launch in space accelerating very quickly with less friction in the upper atmosphere, then shooting through a meteorite from behind breaking it into smaller fragments to burn up, and whatever debris may be left would impact smaller area, with smaller and less debris, causing less damage upon impact.

That is just my theory on how it could be shot down and as to how they may do it. But to me it looks like and sounds like a meteorite burning up in the atmosphere. Either way, some very very amazing video and photos of this event. I love the angle where it's coming straight at you, going from a tiny tiny bright star to a massive trail of smoke, blinding fire, and sonic booms.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The asteroid was first seen last year at an observatory in Spain. It was seen by other observatories after it was reported and an orbit was calculated.

It was "recovered" in January by several different observatories and the orbit refined.

There is no "they" who could have concealed anything about it. It was observed by international and independent astronomers. NASA really had nothing to do with it.

edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

My conspiracy whiskers twitch, with your assertion of the orbit refined.
I expect no less than immolation for the proposition... but you know we stubborn
mostly Germans. I must ask in regard to a possibly redefined orbit and a
mathematically unlikely game of billiards with an ICBM cue ball.
Is it possible to you: that instead of creating a glancing or destructive blow to
the recent cosmic 'fallout' actually in; the math could have been successfully
worked out this late in the game to blow a couple of fragments off the inanimate
interloper in order to create an intercepting course with the leftovers?
As closure distance decreases, accuracy increases.cringes before the obvious
Sorry Phage couldn't help it. Might be the extra flagon of coffee.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
about now.....

Amen, and your star. I find it impossible to believe that any thing the
governmnet does for our benefit whether benign or noble, isn't milked for
every bit of airplay and consequent support it can get. Have you any
verification, folks, of the government doing something good for us that
didn't come with trumpets, a rainbow sound stage, and unsalted butter?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by derfreebie

Originally posted by bloodreviara
about now.....

Amen, and your star. I find it impossible to believe that any thing the
governmnet does for our benefit whether benign or noble, isn't milked for
every bit of airplay and consequent support it can get. Have you any
verification, folks, of the government doing something good for us that
didn't come with trumpets, a rainbow sound stage, and unsalted butter?

They would not claim credit to the attribution of millions of people via earthquakes? That would start WW3.
*US calls up Iran* Yeah Iran i got some bad news we found out there's a fault line running up your country and well. Theres an asteroid coming so we have to send a magnitude 9 earthquake, we send our condolences, But do not feel alone in this venture. Argentina Indonesia chilli and japan are in this venture as well. Your country did us proud, your sacrifice will be missed. But we are doing this. So WE can save the planet.

Lol i don't think that would work well on the news guys what about you?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

I think they got it actually.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Well considering me the OP was even skeptical I'd say they did a bangin job on this one.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

forgive the man he didn't do his homework :p Yes they were aware of this Asteroid haha and its path has been known since last year everything he says checks up. The only time the gov would actually intend on hiding something is when many lives were at risk or are terminated. This asteroid was a near miss. Its not gunna be around till 2080 again. But that still leaves me to wonder. If selected earthquakes are being created to avert asteroids we spot? If not already, If the earth did have an asteroid big enough to cause extinction Would the governments of this world use this technology without informing the said target areas because they would obviously not be happy about being the ants under the magnifying glass. Would a couple meters axis change enough to divert an oncoming object a year? two years? five years ahead of time? If we had to make a choice life or death. Would we do the unethical? For the better of living. lol.

Also i wanted to add. That nukes don't work in space lol. So the blowing up the asteroid theory may not work. Would have to be like a thermal detonation or something. Space is a perfect vacuum and it would rip a nuke apart atom by atom. And even if you could get it to blow up in space. The nuke would be to close to the planet in order to detonate.

So nukes to blow up Asteroids, not really viable. So maybe the north korean and said current events are just to distract people not more or less scare them. Well. They might want to scare them into supporting a war against north korea. Which The Us will use a base located in russia there was a thread about it black zone in russia. Us wants to use it as an outpost against north korea.

I like where your input has taken this thread and I appreciate what you say about me along with it. But just a couple of things about this post in regards to your post... I never said nuke, I said missile and didn't want to get into stuff I did not fully understand so I would not have to keep explaining it to people like Phage. I also did not elaborate on what NK wants and I feel they want to weaponize space but America and other forces keep interfering.

The theory could still work with weapon's system not released publicly. Such as when this was used in the Soviet Almaz secret military space station program Wiki link

The Americans want to use Soviet (?) lands for an assault on NK? Whats wrong with Japan or Australia or many of the islands they have around there? They would be there anyways fully locked and loaded and ready for war, sorry, really do not think Russia would accept it anyways.

In regards to what you were wondering in the first part of post... Gov's can't greed money and obey the bankers if everybody is dead... Just saying. What you imply though makes me wonder if Karma will smack em up next time and make this thing hit.

edit on 17-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

Would it not be easier on everybody if you just left and take your awful comments with you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join