Did we secretly avert destruction?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
In light of the passing asteroid and the chaos that ensued recently with falling meteors I felt it necessary to direct attention to this issue.

Now before you say anything in counter agreement, I am aware Nasa had live feed and I'm sure many astronomers and modern equipment had looked over it the whole time it was near. As well that an object of that magnitude has no doubt the ability to bring other objects into its force. But the gov is good at hiding stuff is it not?

Here is my claim of conspiracy:

All the 2012 doomsday and what say you that passed recently maybe was not wrong, just not accurate. Maybe this asteroid was Nibiru so to speak. Nasa with the gov no doubt by now are genius at covering up stuff that goes on out in space. So here is where I see something odd. Govs of the world don't want to frighten their peoples with missile launchings, so they do it out of North Korea under the guise in the ever so truth telling media that was portrayed as what it was distracting people so they worry about South Korea and American cities, so they do not see the real matter at hand.
So away goes the missile intercepting the doomsday rock and altering it's trajectory leaving the left over fragments to cause a lot less tragic damage and loss of life. North Korea gets what it wants and they will not go to war now and in fact helped saved the world. (A stretch I know)
So now that we are all oblivious to the death this could of caused us. The govs knew there would be chaos and hence covered up its true trajectory. The govs can now continue on being hated but knowing that they did the right thing at least one time.

Hope you enjoyed the read, looking forward to replies.
edit on 16-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

You might be right. I don't know, but it's an interesting read. For that alone, S&F.

I think we probably avoid disaster on a daily basis. Maybe not on a global scale, but on a personal scale. And I'm perfectly happy not knowing how close to the final curtain call I've come.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
What would they gain out of hiding it? If they actually destroyed an asteroid, why not just tell the public "yeah the asteroid is headed here but we have the tech to destroy it, so carry on with your lives."

And I don' t buy the whole "to prevent creating panic" thing; they try as hard as they can to create panic all the time. Panic over guns, swine flu, bird flu, terrorism, global warming, Iran, etc etc. It would certainly be in their best interest to create a panic over the asteroid, not prevent it.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thanks! I agree with your view that we avert it alot more than is believed, maybe that is what all the secrecy with aliens is about. It would seem kind of dull if we only survived this along because of them and the world would be much different if everyone knew the frequent eminent destructions, no?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

I don't trust the gov do you? And when the plague was sweeping the world it was a perfect example of chaos that can ensue the people who have nothing left to fear.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
That was an awesome read you magnificent crazy bastard! You should probably be an author.

I think it's pretty far fetched, but at the same time there have been an awful lot of weird things happening. Best theory I've seen tying it all together. That was like a Dan Brown novel.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The scientists reported long ago that this rock would do a close pass but would not hit which is what happened.

The problem with blowing up a rock of this size is that breaking it up Armageddon style would be you could not guarantee you could break into small harmless chunks and could in fact cause more danger and damage.

So as far as I can see the official story is the story.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Wow, I'm not sure wheter to thank you or slap you but I will go with thanks, so thanks.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

You mean so far back as the Mayans time?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil
reply to post by colin42

You mean so far back as the Mayans time?
2012 DA14 was discovered in February 2012 by astronomers with the La Sagra Sky Survey in Spain.

Sorry but I see no Mayans.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Listening to official stories is deemed most illogical captain.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

the type of panic they create is used to maintain control.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It really was a great read, no sarcasm, I like Dan Brown!

Let's kick it up a notch though. The meteor that all the amateur folks were looking at was just a distraction so that they could blast the real threat without prying eyes.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

so there was two meteors then?
hmm ...

link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yes,of course! That is brilliant!

link   
i think we aint seen nothing yet,
the mayans wont be wrong!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CONEDESTROYA

I sure hope your wrong...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil
reply to post by colin42

Listening to official stories is deemed most illogical captain.
Fair enough that logic is not logical but I don’t want to spoil your fun here. You want to see conspiracy knock yourselves out but if this was a real danger do you think you would ever have been told about it? They had that choice you know.

Everything I see tells me the simple answer is the correct one. It was not going to hit and doing nothing was the best option. It happens that way sometimes.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Who trys to create panic every day? Some folks on ATS for sure but Govts? Name one panic situation that they create and support.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Ok man thanks for you insights and such. But just to add that there were years of 2012 doomsday telling us about a similar such meeting with an object, no?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join