It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
On www.spaceweather.com there is 2.2 kilometer asteroid also having its close approach today. Lots of people resigning,lots of people confessing, come on people lets get scared, the ptb wouldnt tell us if it was doomsday now would they?
I don't think this would be considered close. Feb 15 1999 YK5 49.1 LD 2.1 km
The one coming close is Feb 15 2012 DA14 0.09 LD 65 m LD stands for Lunar Distance ,so I would say 49.1 is pretty far. Just my guess.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Scrambled_Eggs

It will be a very interesting 24 hours to see if anything else happens like this

Yes it will. Thanks for the link. Those kids are lucky that the broken glass didn't injure any of them. I bet a lot of injuries are from broken glass. When the numbers come in the area affected by the shock wave is going to be huge.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
I've seen fireballs two times but never saw those two trails behind them. This is no meteorite.

I thought that was a strange looking "contrail" also. Two distinct trails of smoke, like you'd get from some sort of jets. Even the Space shuttle doesn't make two clean smoke trails behind it...

It seems Norad tracked incoming objects also 6 of them to be exact. If 1 was shot down where are the other 5?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

Now you get it lol
I think there's more to this than what they are telling us.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Crikey, they didn't even play a full clip here in WA, no audio on it at all. Just a few seconds of the smoke tail, some vision of a street with the building and then back to the important stuff, a man holding up a petrol station from last month.

Even having to reduce the noise from every single video posted in this thread, it is still by far more informative and interesting than the local news.

You don't have footage of a meteor causing such an impact with inured people from the effects, every day.. and locally the dude with the gun making off with a few hundred dollars is more important.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by pigwithoutawig

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
On www.spaceweather.com there is 2.2 kilometer asteroid also having its close approach today. Lots of people resigning,lots of people confessing, come on people lets get scared, the ptb wouldnt tell us if it was doomsday now would they?
I don't think this would be considered close. Feb 15 1999 YK5 49.1 LD 2.1 km
The one coming close is Feb 15 2012 DA14 0.09 LD 65 m LD stands for Lunar Distance ,so I would say 49.1 is pretty far. Just my guess.

would they tell us if the big one was actually the close one? I guess not.
I was only speculating. I do find it all very exciting though.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like we just traveled back a couple months in time... went back into late Dec. 2012? And yes that blast is freightning as heck! It's as if time has rewinded itself but we're still here in the now.
edit on 15-2-2013 by PerceptionReality because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2013 by PerceptionReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Update from this post:

Something also fell in Chebarkul, west of Chelyabinsk. And they're intensively searching for meteor debris around Kusa, 80km from Chelyabinsk.

"Radiation, chemical and biological protection units have been put on high alert."
Also:
"Because there was an explosion high in the air, we have to check a huge area for radiation and 'threats'."

Sour ce

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
From the comments on the RT reports, lol:

David M.. (unregistered) February 15, 2013, 10:14 quote 0
Wait a minute... a meteorite is likely to average about 25,000 mph coming in, and its position is going to be nearly impossible to accurately determine to such a degree that you'd be ready to launch a missile strike. Remember everything else that falls from the sky and we all just "hope" it falls in the ocean because we only have it narrowed down to about 5% of the earth (big target). Why are we so quick to accept this story?

Hagar (unregistered) February 15, 2013, 10:15 quote -1
We'll never know what it was. Read your Ministry of Truth handouts and STFU.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012
That said, you have got to accept the fact that the link you posted is video of a well known gas pit. Maybe your girlfriend is confused, maybe there is another crater besides the one you posted...

Didn't he say it was a 10 mile wide crater that was on fire.. with humans standing on the rim?

How does a 10 mile wide fire allow people to stand on the rim, is what my mind first pondered... then I realised he was talking about the underground fire from decades ago, and went into ignore mode..

He's not still saying that is what it is, is he?

oO

rhetorical question..

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Yep more to this than what they are telling us

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Crikey, they didn't even play a full clip here in WA, no audio on it at all. Just a few seconds of the smoke tail, some vision of a street with the building and then back to the important stuff, a man holding up a petrol station from last month.

Probably because this event wasn't planned. They have to play catchup. Unlike 911...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Wow! What a торопить (rush) that vid is!

Wow woow - I just love this stuff.

Thanks for the heads up! (You know who you are)!

peace

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Russian scientist explains why Russian meteorite is unrelated to 2012 DA14

link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
I've seen fireballs two times but never saw those two trails behind them. This is no meteorite.

I wouldn't say that, given the chaotic nature of things like this it may have broken in half entering the atmosphere but the pieces stayed next to each other, it may have been solid enough and large enough that the 'hot' side of it was creating gases that then got diverted to either side of it like the heat shield on the space shuttle.

There's just to many factors to think about in these sorts of things to say, ive seen 2 before and because this looks nothing like them its not what they say it was.

Everyone can have their opinions but we gotta remember that at this moment in time, none of us discussing this can say 'it is' or 'it isnt'. Just gotta wait.

Originally posted by winofiend
[

Yeah, TV3's news segment from what i saw played about 4 seconds of the dash board cam vid where it comes in and flares up, didnt even bother to show the flare die down with the glowing trail behind it, so about 12 seconds in total dedicated to it... which is a shame since TV3 news tends to be done better than TV1's.

Guess they just dont think this is news, granted there isnt really all that much to go on at the mo.
edit on 15-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

link   
Didn't Phage say it sounds more like a fighter jet crashing than a meteorite? I don't know since I am deaf?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

Where is the info that NORAD tracked other objects? Not seen that anywhere yet and would be very interested.......

Let me state i do not think there is impending doom coming. That said, this is interesting in that it is in the same week that we are being told that double asteroid impacts may be more common than we previously thought (New Scientist, Livescience, MSM, etc). And for the record, no they wouldn't tell us if we were doomed. What would be the point? The chances are though that we would find out anyway, simply because of the number of eyes on the sky around the planet (amateur astronomers).

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Yes it could have broken into two pieces. It could have been broken into three or four pieces. The odds of it happening?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Yeah, can't decide if whiteroot is a troll... dating a troll... Confused... Or dating a confused.

But I'm inclined to go with confused and also dating a confused.

but on topic... (speaking of unfounded claims)

What of these reports from japan and puerto rico?? Anybody? Anything?

And if there is no source... so help me god

edit on 15-2-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scrambled_Eggs
I found this on Liveleak, it says it's from the meteorite.

not sure how to embed so here is the link

www.liveleak.com...

Sonic Boom Blows out windows in Russian school.......

Looks legit to me, same outside as the images of teh school from before.

What I'm starting to get is the difference between Russians and the west. I mean, if you were casually doing your own thing and suddenly heard and felt such a massive blast, that blows your windows out, how can you not be thinking of an attack. Even if for a split second.

Yet they're all outside probably thinking "Woohoo, school's out early!!"

lol

lucky buggers... *knocks on wood - I live where DA14 is supposed to be closest to the planet tomorrow morning*

oh, the news websites are funny

www.shockinglyfun.com...

edit on 15-2-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join