It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

There is a high chance that another meteorite could enter the Earth’s atmosphere in the next few hours, Sergey Smirnov from Pulkovo Observatory told Vesti news channel.

Source

Maybe the 2012 da14 asteroid is not alone and have some little companions...
edit on 15-2-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by wishcraft

this has nothing to do with the event. it's a flaming crater which has been hijacked for hits by some lonely youtuber

/watch?v=TEjoga1yrn0

link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
reply to post by CranialSponge

I believe that most of the damage (like the broken windows and the toppled wall of the factory) was from the concession wave.
The meteorite seems to have hit in a lake , but I think it broke apart into at least 2 large pieces from what I can hear of the audio.

Broke apart or shot down by Russian missile.. have they retracted that statement yet?

As coincidental as it is, I find it hard to believe this has to do with DA14...

DA14 is moving at some 17,450 mph...

Still hours and hours til it shaves earth.. meaning its VERY far away still.. Anything coming with it/breaking off it wouldn't have reached earth this early. How?

link   

Originally posted by whiteroot
I beg to differ she is just scared and her and all of the staff at her work are getting drunk courtesy of the boss.If it is incorrect then it is. I was just sharing what she sent me and she is there so and I am here in vancouve b.c.I find it hard to believe that is incorrect but she is a lawyer not a scientist or journalist.That is what is circulating around her office right now it is full of peoples families that were evacuated out of other parts of the city.And to whoever the A hole is who is questioning my credibility listen pal I am just sharing what I know and was excited to share with fellow ATS members because any time anything happens in the world ats seems to have the best response time and in my opinion you are very rude and crusty obviously someone did not get laid for valentines day and with an attitude like that I would speculate you have not been laid in years!!!

Cheers,
Whiteroot

Well I believe what your g/f is telling you, keep it coming and just ignore whoever is getting to you....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
RT just updated again:

9:36 GMT: There is a high chance that another meteorite could enter the Earth’s atmosphere in the next few hours, Sergey Smirnov from Pulkovo Observatory told Vesti news channel.

link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

This footage is the best i have ever seen of a meteor, talk about being in the right place at the right time
. Anyway, just posted to say realy well spotted on the shockwave.... Incredible.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012
reply to post by negue

As reported earlier in this thread:
(paraphrase)
"we are only able to track objects coming from the dark night time skies. This object came from the direction of the sun"

I'm dubious to this reasoning, but thats what was said.

Call me a theorist but if this Meteorite which Crashed in Russia, if the Meteorite came direction of the sun, did America just targeted Russia with a new weapon? i mean this is strange for how it manged to hit just Russia among all the different countries in the world.

link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Your link sends me to your post???

Could you U2U me the link again. Much appreciated

link   
reply to post by CaptainAbstract

They are claiming it was a Meteor, if they were able to shoot it down, I await the cover up of recovered bodies from some sort of crash site...

edit on 2/15/2013 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I thought they couldn't see them?!?

This guy needs to make up his mind already!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
"Governor's office: Reports that Russian defense systems shot down a "space object" are not true." - Another bit of info from Michael Van Poppel (@mpoppel) but I kind of had already assumed this, and I hate assuming.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
On www.spaceweather.com there is 2.2 kilometer asteroid also having its close approach today. Lots of people resigning,lots of people confessing, come on people lets get scared, the ptb wouldnt tell us if it was doomsday now would they?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
RT just updated again:

9:36 GMT: There is a high chance that another meteorite could enter the Earth’s atmosphere in the next few hours, Sergey Smirnov from Pulkovo Observatory told Vesti news channel.

They don't know what the hell is going on. Nasa is saying one thing, and there are other Astrophysics units all saying different things. Where would all these things be coming from, it would only make sense though that it could have been travelling in one big pack.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It fell in a lake. How convenient of it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

What, strange it only managed to hit what is by far the largest nation on Earth?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Signs of the times.

I mean wow. Interesting times! I think that it's common sense, that if an asteroid is passing as close by as this one, we will see increased shooting stars and even fireballs in the sky. It wouldn't surprise me if a few more are caught on tape. I'd keep your camcorder and iphone handy! If you catch a good trail, they will be able to reverse the trajectory and see if it came from DA14.

Synchronicity is becoming an ever increasing phenomenon since the dawning of the new cycle. With all of these new happenings, ATS has become something I'm afraid to leave! From this, to the Pope, the comet, the mad moon disorder affecting people's minds. I don't want to miss a thing!

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainAbstract

Hitting a meteorite flying tens of kilometers per second with a missile, aiming and deploying it within few seconds? In their dreams, maybe...

Thank you. Literally impossible to determine track beforehand let alone close with an object traveling at those speeds. I doubt if even a laser would have time to track it.

Besides, there would be converging smoke trails.

As an aside some of the video people have brought (and I book marked) record the first boom followed by a "crescendo" of rolling reports. Most awesome...

Historically speaking this is a once in a life time event folks... so far.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Is it possible for an asteroid to have a debris field spanning 100's of thousands of miles all around it ?

Maybe science will be learning something new today...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I love our local news. Channel 10.

"hundreds injured as a meteorite plummets to Earth."

now if I'd just come in the door and was aware of DA14 and heard that, I'd be freaking out.

God I hate our local news.

Well I may speak too soon, they've yet to actually do the piece, this was the lead out from the last story about that boat with the people and the toilets.. oh the humanity..

Heh the state broadcaster news here in NZ on Channel 1 really sexed up the videos of this.. real facepalm moment for me.

They were taking the shock-wave sounds from one video and replaying them in other vids right as the flash was happening, they did that in 2-3 vids and it was easy to tell it was the same sound bite being used, since one of the vids they played has NO explosion sounds in it in the Youtube version (its the one back on the first page? from that cars dash cam)... which ironically they played at the start of the news segment with the proper no explosion sound track.

Then again the news channels in my country have started to become 'Americanish' the last 2 years, its sad

Hate when broadcasters do that, had to frown and shake my head in shame...
edit on 15-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
RT just updated again:

That cant be good, i have a bad feeling about this...
maybe its time to duck and cover
Anyways you dont get to witness something like this very often aye

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join