It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Radiation, chemical and biological protection units have been put on high alert. Since the explosion occurred several kilometers above the Earth, a large ground area must be thoroughly checked for radiation and other threats.

RT

Um huh? My logic meter is reading 'Fail'.

Anyone know if this is SOP? We had a pretty big meteorite nearby a few years back and no such precautions took place...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

We have identified around 10'000 asteroids that buzz Earth, which is less than 10% of the asteroid threat to Earth - according to Dr Lindley Johnson, Head of NASA's Near Earth Objects observation programme.

Well, that's comforting to know!

link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by Brainiac

Why are Russia scrambling jets to the Lake? WTF this is interesting.

7 jets.
edit on 2/15/2013 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

ABC reported 20 mins ago a 6.9 magnitude earthquake was recorded in Russia.
edit on 2/15/2013 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

Dude seriously... Stop posting unfounded stories. CITE A SOURCE OR DONT POST IT. Heresay is anoying.

link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
RT just updated again:

9:36 GMT: There is a high chance that another meteorite could enter the Earth’s atmosphere in the next few hours, Sergey Smirnov from Pulkovo Observatory told Vesti news channel.

Oh good. The western hemisphere is on the leading edge right now. If our windows blow out, at least we'll know why.
edit on 15-2-2013 by intrptr because: BB code

link   
did the Russian military really blow it up or did the atmosphere do it?

I was also thinking a satellite may have been hit

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

It had more impact locations than just the lake and the zinc factory:

Debris and signs of impact are spread out over 200km. Three airplanes are currently mapping the impact locations.

The roof of "Park City Hotel" in Chelyabinsk is said to be collapsed.
In Emanzhelinsk is the roof of a meatfactory and in Kopeysk the kindergarten destroyed.

Vladimir Volfovitsj Zjirinovski, leader of the extreme-right LDPR, vice-chairman of Russian Parliament:
"There have been no meteorites. It was a new American weapons test."

Sour ce (again) in Dutch, I'm sorry, but they have a good live-update.

edit on 15/2/13 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Have nobody noticed the twin trails coming out of it?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteroot
I beg to differ she is just scared and her and all of the staff at her work are getting drunk courtesy of the boss.If it is incorrect then it is. I was just sharing what she sent me and she is there so and I am here in vancouve b.c.I find it hard to believe that is incorrect but she is a lawyer not a scientist or journalist.That is what is circulating around her office right now it is full of peoples families that were evacuated out of other parts of the city.And to whoever the A hole is who is questioning my credibility listen pal I am just sharing what I know and was excited to share with fellow ATS members because any time anything happens in the world ats seems to have the best response time and in my opinion you are very rude and crusty obviously someone did not get laid for valentines day and with an attitude like that I would speculate you have not been laid in years!!!

Cheers,
Whiteroot

Hey, I dont know who youre calling an "a hole" (since you obviously haven't figured out how to reply to specific posts), but you are the one being "crusty" and rude. If you signed on more often maybe you would have a better feel for how we operate here on ATS.

That said, you have got to accept the fact that the link you posted is video of a well known gas pit. Maybe your girlfriend is confused, maybe there is another crater besides the one you posted...

But regardless... The link you provided does not have any bearing on this event whatsoever. Dont take it personally
edit on 15-2-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This is photo taken by the guy living 122 km from the impacted city of Chelyabinsk. He said the contrast was bad because the 'smoke trail was glowing' and it wasn't such dark as it appears. He also mentioned bright light he saw and sonic booms he heard.

PIC

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Mental note to self:

When my evil plan to take over the world comes to fruition, be sure to not claim a chunk of land too big or it'll be a magnet for meteor strikes... like tornadoes and trailer parks.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Is it possible for an asteroid to have a debris field spanning 100's of thousands of miles all around it ?

Maybe science will be learning something new today...
yes it is,look at the asteroid belt, billions of miles of dbris. A big asteroid can be a conglomrate of smaller ones and gravity can stretch them out. The comet which crashed into jupiter broke up into 21 peices.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Creep Thumper

It fell in a lake how convenient, yup just like on Cloverfield...

Let's hope something DOESN'T find us...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I found this on Liveleak, it says it's from the meteorite.

not sure how to embed so here is the link

www.liveleak.com...

Sonic Boom Blows out windows in Russian school.......

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I've seen fireballs two times but never saw those two trails behind them. This is no meteorite.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gigaherc

I'd say it appeared to be "glowing" due to the sunlight reflecting off of the trail

link   

edit on 15-2-2013 by Scrambled_Eggs because: Accidental double post, please delete

link   
reply to post by Scrambled_Eggs

here you go

link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

Vladimir Volfovitsj Zjirinovski, leader of the extreme-right LDPR, vice-chairman of Russian Parliament: "There have been no meteorites. It was a new American weapons test."

сouldn't expect anything else but such blatant bull# from this piece of high-paid сourt jester
edit on 15-2-2013 by CaptainAbstract because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

Thanks for that.

It will be a very interesting 24 hours to see if anything else happens like this

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012

Originally posted by whiteroot
I beg to differ she is just scared and her and all of the staff at her work are getting drunk courtesy of the boss.If it is incorrect then it is. I was just sharing what she sent me and she is there so and I am here in vancouve b.c.I find it hard to believe that is incorrect but she is a lawyer not a scientist or journalist.That is what is circulating around her office right now it is full of peoples families that were evacuated out of other parts of the city.And to whoever the A hole is who is questioning my credibility listen pal I am just sharing what I know and was excited to share with fellow ATS members because any time anything happens in the world ats seems to have the best response time and in my opinion you are very rude and crusty obviously someone did not get laid for valentines day and with an attitude like that I would speculate you have not been laid in years!!!

Cheers,
Whiteroot

Hey, I dont know who youre calling an "a hole" (since you obviously haven't figured out how to reply to specific posts), but you are the one being "crusty" and rude. If you signed on more often maybe you would have a better feel for how we operate here on ATS.

That said, you have got to accept the fact that the link you posted is video of a well known gas pit. Maybe your girlfriend is confused, maybe there is another crater besides the one you posted...

But regardless... The link you provided does not have any bearing on this event whatsoever. Dont take it personally
edit on 15-2-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

That video was debunked a while back when all the furious reports started coming in. What i like is that people can help sort out the junk from the real news. It's just good to get all the facts straight, i don't see why anyone should get upset or start attacking each other.

We're fighting and we are under attack from Meteors!
Guess we can't come together under a common threat. Ronald Regan might have been wrong...

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join