It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior Congresswoman: ‘Obama Has Put In Place’ Secret Database With ‘Everything On Everyone’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

"The President has put in place an organization with the kind of database that no
one has ever seen before in life," Representative Maxine Waters told Roland Martin on Monday.

"That's going to be very, very powerful," Waters said. "That database
will have information about everything on every individual on ways that
it's never been done before and whoever runs for President on the
Democratic ticket has to deal with that.
www.liveleak.com...

The senior congresswoman is Maxine Waters

Named here by Judical Watch, the most senior Congresswoman (read that as senior corrupt)
www.judicialwatch.org...

This is parralell to The Time magazine article written up in which they promised
The Administration they would wait to publish it, after the election, they
said that the campaign keeps this Ultra Secret, and refers to the data
mining as "Nuclear Codes".

Here are two reports, one from Time Magazine, and the other from Canada Free Press.

Here is the TIME article.

Photo Credit: Daniel Shea for TIME
"The cave" at President Obama's campaign headquarters in Chicago

Around the office, data-mining experiments were given mysterious code names such as Narwhal and Dreamcatcher.........

...campaign manager Jim Messina had promised a totally different, metric-driven kind of campaign in which politics was the goal but political instincts might not be the means. “We are going to measure every single thing in this campaign,” he said after taking the job. He hired an analytics department five times as large as that of the 2008 operation, with an official “chief scientist” for the Chicago headquarters named Rayid Ghani, who in a previous life crunched huge data sets to, among other things, maximize the efficiency of supermarket sales promotions.

Exactly what that team of dozens of data crunchers was doing, however, was a closely held secret. “They are our nuclear codes,” campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt would say when asked about the efforts.

swampland.time.com...

So just how is The Administration doing this? Aside from facebook , this article in
The Canada Free press has more details, albeit an unnamed source.
Well, thats ok, as The Time magazine article says the same thing.

Obama's Cyber Warriors

This article says they are basically spies.

"Infiltrate web forums, collect screen names, avatars, and posters’ tag lines, and attempt to resolve these to their actual identities"

"There was another section titled “Divert, Disrupt and Destroy,” listing “how to’s” in certain cases."

"There was also a section on maintaining a social media presence, and another on the most
effective use of Twitter."

"there was a “reference section,” which included statistics, specific language to use to marginalize different posters, and effective methods to discredit people while maintaining a sense of legitimacy. "

At that time, I was shown a white, three-ring binder with Obama’s circular campaign logo imprinted on the outside of the binder with the name “Cyber-Warriors for Obama” printed in blue across the top. Inside were the names and e-mail addresses of 3,575 “cyber assets,” or “warriors,” listed in alphabetical order under about a dozen or so “team leaders.” From a separate sheet I was shown, most of these “assets” are being paid just over minimum wage, but as I understand it, they work from home and have no overhead. I believe there are about two dozen supervisors who make substantially more.

Now I only had the binder for a minute, and could not take it from the room I was in, so this is strictly from memory.

It was tabbed, and one section with the word “targets” ............

..........RB: The instructions seemed very specific. Infiltrate web forums, collect screen names, avatars, and posters’ tag lines, and attempt to resolve these to their actual identities. I read one paragraph that listed circumstances when the “asset” was only to monitor but do not disrupt without authorization. There was another section titled “Divert, Disrupt and Destroy,” listing “how to’s” in certain cases.

There was also a section on maintaining a social media presence, and another on the most effective use of Twitter.

Lastly, there was a “reference section,” which included statistics, specific language to use to marginalize different posters, and effective methods to discredit people while maintaining a sense of legitimacy.

www.canadafreepress.com...

Is this part of the new cyber security legislation? What is this?
This is disturbing!

Thoughts?

edit on 14-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I totally agree with the assertions being made - though I do have caveats to that belief:

1) In her quote she speaks in different tenses. She makes the statement in the present tense ( IE it exists ) - then she goes on to speak of it in a future tense.

2) Laying it at Obamas feet is misleading IMO. He is just the guy at the wheel of the ship right now. This is basically an upgrade to the same engines previous administrations created, adapted, improved, and used - and future administrations will also do the same with.

There are some very amazing things being done with massive data sets currently. Specifically in the realm of predicting trends, from the financial, to cultural, even down to what the next pop superstar may look like. Game theory has really changed the, well, the game. Applying it, and its derivatives to massive data sets yields remarkable results.

One potential misuse is that if trends can be predicted, then they can also be manipulated and shaped to conform to agenda.

There is a safety valve in place, however. The larger the data set gets, the less apparent individual anomalies become. IE the days of looking for keywords are waning. That is an improvement in individual liberty... less of a chance that a random FB post is going to get one visited by men in sunglasses and cheap suits. The trade-off is that an already pliable public becomes exponentially more pliable now.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It's simple. Those in power cherish it like a 7 year old's new puppy on christmas day. You step out of line and they will now have a plethora of digital ammo against you and your character. Wouldn't want anyone uniting the masses now would we?

Think about it. Imagine you had the knowledge and charisma to do something that they condisered unappropriate. (EX. Uniting 2nd amendment rights advocates unto one entity, well capable of doing quite some damage to TPTBs hold on power) "Oh.... Look everyone!!! Mr. Charisma did 'insert embarrasing or criminal activity here' way back in 2006. Looks like hes not the awesome guy people thought." Then with our short attention spans we completely forget about Mr. Charisma and what he stood for, even though all the people stood for the same thing.

I've seen this coming for a long time and theres no way to hide from it less you want to live out in BFE with no neighbors for 20 miles.

I don't have any evidence to support what I'm saying. Just used common sense and knowledge of current and past events.

Power hungry tyrants will go to great lengths to insure that they keep their power.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Aww how come I was never offered a minimum wage job to stay at home and call myself a "Obama Cyber Warrior"....

I imagine a long dark hall way with no discernible features except for doors on each side in which some government black project were occupied.

I am sure as soon as the internet was propagated the government created groups to undermine it. Same goes for the increasing integration of social networks.

I will agree with Heff that this groups have probably existed since the dawn of the computer age. I would say Obama has probably just refocused their targets and theatres of operation.

Still a bit disconcerting that entire organizations exist to purely track, undermine, circumvent and distort online information.

edit on 14-2-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Cyber Command.

NSA Data Center

This isn't 'Obama' doing this. The idea of parsing data from the WWW through command centers such as these for analysis have always been the end game for the government.

If Romney was elected he'd be carrying on the same exact thing. It's not a partisan project.

~Tenth
edit on 2/14/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff, I appreciate your response, and yes I would agree.
One only has to look at my posting history (hahah yes thats an inivitation)
to see I am not partial to laying the weight of this on any one leader.
Although, I could hardly title it any different, since it is Obama's cyber army,
I am sure the NSA has their own.

I would think in Waters admission, she was aware that this has been going on,
and then she cuts to some future tense, she was aware of the implicatioins,
she makes it seem like a good thing and a bad thing at the same time.

Just my take on it....

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

I've seen this coming for a long time and theres no way to hide from it less you want to live out in BFE with no neighbors for 20 miles.

I don't have any evidence to support what I'm saying. Just used common sense and knowledge of current and past events.

Power hungry tyrants will go to great lengths to insure that they keep their power.

Haha well yes you do, now. I dont know if this video will be allowed to stay up,
any one want to take bets?

They say knowledge is power.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Google Hangouts: Obama's Tech Savvy Presidency
www.breitbart.com...

Oh I am not surprised by any of this, always suspected as much.

And people wonder why I am so angry.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Tenth,

I appreciate your comments, and let me clarify my thoughts...

It seems there are two different things going on...
One is the NSA that we have had for a long time now.

I think Waters is referrring to the operation in The Times article.

Thats just my take on it.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

"The President has put in place an organization with the kind of database that no one has ever seen before in life," Representative Maxine Waters told Roland Martin on Monday.

Aren't these the same people who were crying about privacy and the patriot act?

Yep i believe they are privacy in this country does not exist like all politics it is an illusion.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I put a thread together not to long ago when Google released its transparency report

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Google received a record number of requests to disclose user information to governments and law enforcement bodies in 2012. Requests have rocketed by 25 per cent in the last year, with the US leading the field by far in calls for data disclosure.

The search giant published its findings in its annual transparency report, detailing the number of requests for user information by country. Since Google began documenting figures in 2009, there has been an increase of over 70 per cent in disclosure requests. The company says it has complied with 66 per cent of recent cases.

Google complied with almost 66% of requests from the government and i found myself asking this question: Are we at risk to further scrutiny by government via our online searches and trends?

Government involvement in social media Is becoming ever more pervasive. The digital world seems to be no longer a safe haven for those wishing to maintain a semblance of privacy and freedom

I am sure past and current administrations have teams of people locked behind those doors in the darkened hallways that stretch on forever analyzing every trend and every development they can capitalize on.

Or perhaps i am little paranoid

edit on 14-2-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

No doubt even if they are different 'programs', one would draw from the other. I can't imagine them side stepping their largest data center collection in an effort to build a national database.

The alarming thing is not that it's being done, it's that we aren't privy to the details and methods in which data is being collected, stored and then shared.

There's a lack of legislation regarding the internet and I don't mean to control the internet, but to affirm a citizen's rights when using the internet.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Now there is a CT if there ever was one government created the internet as a means of control, and manipulation, and "intelligence" gathering.

From libraries to the modern equivalent big brothers knows who we are,what we think,what we support, what we spend our money on etc.

Means to an end that was written long ago.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Still a bit disconcerting that entire organizations exist to purely track, undermine, circumvent and distort online information.

Well yes, its quite disconcerting.
If fact its very disconcerting, since its seems this is really blurring the lines
between national security and political party lines.

I mean to say its one thing to be a terrorist, its a far different thing to not
agree with say...Republican politics, or Democratic politics.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yup, the only mistake they made was not being in total control of the content and access though.

So they just started filling it with bad information. Flood the truth with lies and most people will believe the lies. More entertaining and all...

Sort of ironic that the internet, perhaps designed as their greatest tool of control, has become our best weapon in fighting against them.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Yup, the only mistake they made was not being in total control of the content and access though.

Think they always have been in control.

So they just started filling it with bad information. Flood the truth with lies and most people will believe the lies. More entertaining and all..

That is true we have all seen more lies than truth

Sort of ironic that the internet, perhaps designed as their greatest tool of control, has become our best weapon in fighting against them.

Only when people become skeptical of the net like they have Mainstream media will that happen., and we have a long way to go.
edit on 14-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Google Hangouts: Obama's Tech Savvy Presidency
www.breitbart.com...

Oh, wow Storm, that article you posted, and in light of what waters say...

I guess people who fall for that must realize they are being data mined?

Calling it a "Fireside Hangout," the President will answer pre-submitted questions and videos from Americans.

Tech savvy moves like this have been a hallmark of this President and it is one of the reasons that he has been able to zoom ahead of Republicans who appear practically Luddite by comparison.

Taken individually, Obama's Twitter sessions, Google Hangouts, email exchanges, and YouTube videos, all reach only a small number of voters. But taken together, taken as a whole they are just of a piece with his constant voter outreach, his permanent election campaign.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Well yes, its quite disconcerting.
If fact its very disconcerting, since its seems this is really blurring the lines
between national security and political party lines.

Indeed it does. In my opinion one things transcends political differences and is common to all parties, the desire and need to monitor/analyze and trend the population.

Which leads back to Heff’s and I’s original opinion that these types of groups have always existed and will continue to exist as they are paramount to the success of political figures. While we operate under the guise of a pseudo democracy ofcourse

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The President has put in place an organization with the kind of database that no one has ever seen before in life," Representative Maxine Waters told Roland Martin on Monday. "That's going to be very, very powerful," Waters said. "That database will have information about everything on every individual on ways that it's never been done before and whoever runs for President on the Democratic ticket has to deal with that.

It´s called facebook, and it is already public knowledge.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

The alarming thing is not that it's being done, it's that we aren't privy to the details and methods in which data is being collected, stored and then shared.

Yes, and somehow I doubt that the Dems and Repub are going to share info

This is beyond national security, ( well that is unless they plan to outlaw Libertarian thoughts)
and for that reason I find it exceptionally offensive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join