It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big question!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
When u go 2 a medium, or u call on the dead, what makes u believe that it is the person u r calling on, and not a demon in the form of that person???
Why r we so trusting with evil?

[edit on 30-10-2004 by angelbabee]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
you were asking about christianity and some very elementary questions too but you said you were raised catholic...now you are asking about this....??? what are you doing?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
i dnt know. Is it wrong?
My mum has been wonderin bout dis stuff so i thgt i wld find out sum views on it. Is it bad 2 ask dat?
It's jst that we hav these gifts in our family and I wonder about how people distinguish between a deceased loved 1 and sumthng else. I jst wonder if it's my sister that says these thngs 2 me or if it's sumthng else?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
very alerted and discovering the aspects of the netherworlds/

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
why go to a medium in the first place if you have doubts about who is really talking to you or trying to contact you?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Personally I'd be happy.
Only good things could come of it.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I dnt go 2 a medium, I never have.
Wot gets me is that my father has been 2 a medium 2 call on my sister (all of this was on recording). The medium told dad a lot of things about my sister that he never told her, but wot got me is that wen my sister was supposedly talking though this medium, sum things were like wot she would say, but for the most part, she sounded dark, Now I wonder when I hear my sister's voice say certain things if it is her or not. I think she can sumtimes tease me, but sumtimes i dnt know.

P.S. I dnt believe in calling on the deceased!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
can you describe what kind of dark things your sister said...maybe you can give us some information about the things she said...does she talk about the past or whats happened to her since she left this world?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I personally do not believe in going to mediums, calling spirits or Ouija boards.....they are extremely dangerous. I know how to protect myself and I still don't.....and so you know, I am not a Christian telling you it's "evil" I am a Wiccan Witch telling you the truth! You risk contact with negative entities that are very sly and they will give you enough truth to make you believe they are who you are wanting them to be.....you are inviting them to you freely, opening yourself up completely. Leave those that have passed alone. If they need to get in touch with you, they'll find a way.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
im not a wiccan witch but that lady is smart listen to her, tell your father he cant talk to her anymore but he can write her letters and pray for her...but yeah bad bad bad things can happen with mediums....trust that lady - she knows

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelbabee
When u go 2 a medium, or u call on the dead, what makes u believe that it is the person u r calling on, and not a demon in the form of that person???

If you were to get a phone call and the caller didn't tell you his/her name, wouldn't you know the basic personality of the caller by the tone of voice, way he/she worded things, the things they said ect? Also, if you use a 'go-between', you are farmiliar with YOUR go-between, and tehy can be trusted.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
well yeah that technically is possible but you won't describe the person well enough, for example you won't know what colout hair they have.

btw, did you know that spiritism, going to mediums, using ouija boards etc. is forbidden if you are christian? it's because the spirits you talk to can actually be demons and they can lure you into a trap and possess you. so better be careful

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I personally do not believe in going to mediums, calling spirits or Ouija boards.....they are extremely dangerous.
...You risk contact with negative entities that are very sly and they will give you enough truth to make you believe they are who you are wanting them to be.....you are inviting them to you freely, opening yourself up completely...

I'm a Christian saying it can be evil and that's the truth. LadyV is right on saying you're inviting them in and opening yourself. There's no reason to contact the dead when the living need you here.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
You will tend to find that once the medium has is ready to procede in a reading, that the spirit tends to come to them. rather than the meduim calling on the spirit.

How do we know if they are genuine.

From my experiance, Mediums will ask the Spirit for tangable evidence or some supporting info that will show they are genuine, not only to the client but also to the medium. It will mainly be things relevent to the client that they can take on board on give them reassurance that they are not being duped. It is not uncommon for mediums to pass information forward, that the client never knew; maybe about their own family or freinds. It s usually when the inforamation is dijested and people do their investigation do you find that Mediums have infact spoken to Loved ones and at times strangers who have passed over.

What about Evil ones

Every spirit or entity is picked up in very different ways by different types of medium.
there is alot to cover here so please bare with me.
Mediums can work using:

: Images in the mind. Such as triangels light, dark , keys, candels anything really - and its how these images are translated - will determine how accurate a medium is. Meduims at the begining of there transition period usually begin here.

: Some can only work by using physical objects. Every one you, me , your mum and dad all leave small amounts of energy...and the things are are close to use we can pick up residual energy...this is similair to DNA but in energy forms....this links us to the one whom has passed over.... this is a very effective way for mediums to give readings about loved ones who have crossed over.

: other mediums can interact with the residual energy ,see it, tastes & smells.

other can do all of the above.

Let me say that Possesion is very rare and a little over played in my opinion. mediums can invite spirits to take over the physical form, usually by choice. this because the mind and spirit (yours) has a safety mechanism that stops full time possesion. Any spirit that does possess requires a very strong energy -- this just too rare. Meduims who entertain possesion usually have a spirit guide or other pyschic freind to be a doorman so to speak...so if things get out of hand or a bit to scary then the spirit is forably removed. This is not an excorsism however.

I will leave it there for now...

Regards

Boondog

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelbabee

I can only answer for myself, not only can I feel it, there is something that is like a 'go-between', certain ones that are always presant...there are warnings when 'bad' things are trying to come through.
If I weren't getting it myself but were trusting someone else saying that they were picking up on these things for me? They have personality even without the body. I think you'd know if it were your loved one by the things they said or their attitude - just as you would when talking on the phone with someone. You know.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebo
well yeah that technically is possible but you won't describe the person well enough, for example you won't know what colout hair they have.

btw, did you know that spiritism, going to mediums, using ouija boards etc. is forbidden if you are christian? it's because the spirits you talk to can actually be demons and they can lure you into a trap and possess you. so better be careful

Actual Christians believe that they cannot become Demon possesed becuase they are already possesed by the holy spirit. Christians stay away from mediums etc. becuse they are commmanded to.

new topics

top topics

join