It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oscar Pistorius shoot's girlfriend dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Raxoxane, your comment about crime and our "national psyche" were spot on.

Twitter explosion

What i said earlier about Barry Bateman was picked up picked someone else too:

According to data from Twitter Counter, Bateman went from 17 429 followers on 15 February to 122 743 on 21 February — a 604% increase that amounts to an extra 105 314 followers in just under a week.

While the bail hearing was broadcast yesterday it was like the entire nation was listening, a very eery sort of feeling, yet nobody could explain why they are so interested, but everyone is.

I'm surprised he got bail, the gun incident in the restaurant and the illegal .38 ammunition should have prevented it. But the cynical part of me knows killers get bail all the time, so yes, at least he's being treated "normally".

If i can share my thoughts about what what really happened:

She got there 6 pm looking forward to valentines day, they had dinner and a nice evening.
Around 12 pm they started having a fight, which grew louder until 1h30 the cops or security (unclear) were called.
At 2h30 was more shouting ...
there is the matter of 2 cell phones that were in the bathroom on the shower mat with the gun, neither of those phones had been used all evening. It seems they were Reeva's.
a local rugby player named Francois Hougaard were rumoured to be involved with her.
If she had another phone ... and that phone beeped at 3am on valentines morning, while reeva was in the loo ...
then he looks and fins another cell phone too, reads sms' ...
his gun is lying in next to the bag on the floor on the left side of the bed,
she comes out the toilet and finds him there ... we don't know, but i'd bet he'd had alcohol that night
his world crumbles when she tells him she's leaving him
he gets angry and chases her, she runs to bathroom ... locks herself in
he sits outside and reads the messages, out loud even?
was he stupid enough to try shoot the locks open?
And if he didn't have his legs on as he claimed, why were all the shots in the top half of the door?
Shooting upwards and he hit her in the hip?
He's lying about a lot of things.

there's a lot we don't know, but he was a seriously stupid man that night, he reacted badly and killed someone, and this burglar nonsense is nonsense.

This murder wasn't premeditated, he didn't plan it, but it happened anyway.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

People put on a pedestal rarely take rejection well

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Hey there HH,yes i don't think he planned to kill her,things just got BADLY out of hand-catastrophically so.What i don't understand-even though he had this enormous handicap-he triumphed over it So magnificently-my own personal feeling would have been: I need to feel inferior to NO ONE.I mean,how many able-bodied guys could eclipse what he has achieve?.He has a loving supportive,loyal family,he has fame and had a massive amount of admiration,he had money,he had no shortage of girlfriends-and usually goodlooking girls-he had EVERYTHING.

This is the last person to need to feel an inferiority complex-but if he did think she was going to leave him,it could have led to him losing control.Strange though,they have'nt been together for years,just since November last year,is what i heard.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Agreed but if you have been used to getting your own way, and people pandering

to you and covering for you (the incident of the gun in the restaurant, his fight with some

sports body to change rules for him to compete) and I would guess many other

instances which are not in the public forum.

As I have said before 'that type of ego does not take to rejection' they are too used to getting

their own way

There have been many of his friends coming to his defence stating how much in love

they were, maybe the prosecution would find another angle from her friends? who have

been very quiet...They could have a vey different slant on the subject?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I see the mother of Reeva Steenkamp has chosen to support 'battered women' charity in

memory of her daughter.

A rather enigmatic choice of charities??

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Dear, dear, dear.

Apparently, forensic evidence and the post-mortem examination suggests he DID bash her over the head with his cricket bat.

Here are some quotes from the DailyMail:

Today, it emerged Pistorius crushed his girlfriend’s skull with a cricket bat before shooting her dead, police have told her family.

Details of the post-mortem examination of South African model Steenkamp were withheld from last week’s bail application hearing.

But grieving relatives who saw her body before Tuesday’s cremation in Port Elizabeth described horrific injuries from the cricket bat, and entry wounds from 9mm bullets fired by Pistorius.

They were also briefed about the model’s death by police and lawyers from the state prosecutor’s office.

The ‘Blade Runner’ – who has previously boasted about having a cricket bat, pistol and machine gun at home to defend himself against intruders – claims the bat became blood-spattered at the scene.

Last week the prosecution did not mention any details about the bat and the role they believe it played in Reeva’s death, opting not to disclose their case against Pistorius. But to secure bail, Pistorius’s legal team had to detail his defence, which included why he had a blood-spattered cricket bat in his possession on the fatal night.

Interesting. But if it were cut and dry that Pistorius hit her with the cricket bat and this was explained to her family, why would her dad give him the benefit of the doubt? I haven't come across any more recent info regarding the bat from other sources.

Here's something else that might play a part in the trial:

It has also emerged that the athlete sported a mysterious black eye in a video filmed a month ago for a charity campaign.

The Paralympian lent his support to a South African ­campaign for gay and lesbian youth. But charity bosses were surprised when he turned up for filming with a black eye.

In the video message recorded to raise awareness for the It Gets Better campaign in South Africa, Oscar instructed young people who were being bullied about their sexuality to 'not retaliate'.

An It Gets Better charity source told the Sunday Mirror: 'Oscar turned up on the day of filming with a very angry ­looking black eye.

'Oscar was keen for the filming to still go ahead and didn’t seem to mind too much. Although eyebrows were raised, Oscar wasn’t forthcoming on how he managed to get the injury.'

Did he get a black eye from a scuffle with Reeva?

Oh, and now, his brother is facing charges over death too:

The brother of Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius is facing charges over the death of a woman in a car crash in 2010, it was reported today.

Carl Pistorius, who was present in court over the past week to support Oscar, is charged with culpable homicide over the alleged accidental death of a female motorcyclist.

Carl was initially accused of reckless or negligent driving, but the matter was later provisionally withdrawn. However, the charges were reinstated after the victim's family said they believed it was more than an accident, Eye Witness News reported.

Wonder what the odds are on someone else close to this investigation being charged over death?

Full article here: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
If indeed he used a cricket bat in that way, I find it difficult to believe they let him out on bail.

Originally I believed you used the bat.

So something is not right here.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
If indeed he used a cricket bat in that way, I find it difficult to believe they let him out on bail.

Originally I believed you used the bat.

So something is not right here.

Now why would I do something like that?

Something is definitely not right. But like I said, the DailyMail is the only news source I can find with this info, so I'm not sure how much weight we can put on it at the moment. And during the bail hearing, I remember the defence and prosecution agreeing the cricket bat was used to break the door down.

I also find it hard to believe they would've let him out on bail if there was reasonable suspicion he smashed her head in.

edit on 24-2-2013 by namine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by namine

Watched a discussion on TV last night which also showed various clips regarding the

case. At one point it was pointed out that the Pistorius family were considered 'South

African Royalty' and even had their own 'booth' in court and showed that there was a

plaque stating the truth of that.

Perhaps more a ' Dynasty' than a monarchy much on the lines of the Kennedys?

Certainly many similarities

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

I'd presume most of South Africa held him up in very high regards, but treating his family like royalty is probably pushing it. Wonder if anyone can confirm that. Had their own booth? Weren't they sitting right behind him during the proceedings? There were instances mentioned when his father or brother would pat him on the back for support. Heard nothing about this plaque either.

What show was this discussion happening on? Any chance you could link a video or any more info regarding it?

As for the Pistorius family being anything like the Kennedys... I doubt it. What similarities do you see?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Something I have already posted on the thread is 'why would anyone need a cricket bat in

the bedroom to defend themselves when they already have a gun?

The bat must have already been in the bedroom as no where does he say he left the bedroom

to get it...Funny place to keep that sort of sports equipment....specially when it's not your

sport

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by namine

Sorry , it wasn't you, it was him.

What was I thinking......

I haven't seen any more on the cricket bat. Daily mail is a bit of a funny news source I think..

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I used to keep a cricket bat behind the door in the living room. It makes sense because it is not really conspicious.

I don't see that as an issue. I think in the USA people keep baseball bats in similar places and still own guns...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by namine

I'd presume most of South Africa held him up in very high regards, but treating his family like royalty is probably pushing it. Wonder if anyone can confirm that. Had their own booth? Weren't they sitting right behind him during the proceedings? There were instances mentioned when his father or brother would pat him on the back for support. Heard nothing about this plaque either.

What show was this discussion happening on? Any chance you could link a video or any more info regarding it?

As for the Pistorius family being anything like the Kennedys... I doubt it. What similarities do you see?

Sorry I wish I could remember but it was some sort of discussion programme on Sky News

or BBC News 24.

And yes you saw the embracing of the family etc. leaning over the barrier and there it was

pointed out the plaque stating 'Pistorius Family!' surprised me.....But then I suppose they

will need something like that with all the cases they are going to attend!!

The likeness to the Kennedys = Often reffered to as 'American Royalty' and all the sticky

situations where their wealth and standing was used to get them off!
a couple of

instances of the top of my head

* Mary Jo Kopechne / Senator Ted Kennedy

* Patricia Bowman / William Kennedy Smith

* Marilyn Monroe / Bobby Kennedy and John F

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Sorry, but the police have confirmed NO signs of assault on Reeva, none.

The cricket bat was never used on her. This is confirmed.

3 bullet wounds is the only damage.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Ok, some more info from IOL

Confirmed no signs of a fight.

However:

But it is not only the post-mortem that Perumal relied on as he also assessed the crime scene. In fact, it was he who, through seeing a particular mark on the toilet wall, realised that a bullet cartridge was in the toilet and suggested it be retrieved.

All shots were supposedly fired from outside the toilet door, which was locked.

I'm really assuming that cartridge = spent shell casing. In the toilet?

Is it even possible that he used the cricket bat on the door FIRST?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Ok, to correct the last post:

Barry Bateman @barrybateman

A projectile, not a cartridge, was found in the toilet bowl.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Have just watched the Mother and Father of Reeva Steenkamp being interviewed on the

news and I have to say they appear totally underwhelmed with his version of

events.

Looks like they sense something isn't quite right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join