It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oscar Pistorius shoot's girlfriend dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Just heard that Oscar Pistorius has been arrested for shooting his girlfriend dead. Apparently he thought she was an intruder. She has been shot twice in the head and twice in the body. Circumstances still unclear but she may have been planning an Valentin's day surprise and burst in on him!

Sorry mod's if in wrong forum please move, cheers.
edit on 14-2-2013 by DrunkYogi because: (no reason given)

link added:
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on Fri Feb 15 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

I just heard that on the radio, but didn't think much about it. Assumed he'd gone loopy or something.. but that's sad.

How tragic it would be to be the cause of your loved ones death while under the impression you were protecting your things.

this is the world we have made..

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Yes the girls at work here in Perth Australia have gotten word of the shooting. Its true. Terrible situation. My thoughts with family and friends,

cb

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Ah no-that is just awful,really tragic.My God,that poor guy,and he is Such an admirable person too.This is just horribly sad!

Something similar happened im my province.A father on a smallholding on the road to Nelspruit shot and killed his own daughter that way-he thought she was a tsotsi trying to steal his car,it was early morning.Incredibly tragic too.
I hope Oscar receives a lot of support,such a thing has the potential to break even one as strong as him-this poor guy is such an inspiration to so many people for the way he absolutely triumphed over his disabilities,and he came across as a really decent person.Could'nt have happened to a more Undeserving person.Some people just gets dished up a lot more on their plate than others,it seems.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Btw OP,are you South African? If so,do you know,except for FB,is there a site where one can post to offer him some support?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane

Btw OP,are you South African? If so,do you know,except for FB,is there a site where one can post to offer him some support?

No im not Raxoxane and as of yet i haven't heard of any support site's.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Thanks,i will be keeping an eye out today,this will be huge locally,so i'll be looking for a place to convey condolences and support.So very sad,for all parties concerned.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

I just heard that on the radio, but didn't think much about it. Assumed he'd gone loopy or something.. but that's sad.

How tragic it would be to be the cause of your loved ones death while under the impression you were protecting your things.

this is the world we have made..

Just to clarify, armed home invasions have become VERY common here. Wake up in the night with 5 black guys raping your wife and drowning your kids in boiling water. No i'm not exaggerating. Sad thing is, the perpetrators always steal a cell phone, so the cops call it "theft", when a family has been brutally murdered. Not about protecting your property, it's about survival at any cost.

So nothing about loopy, just a country that is suffering PTSD.

The people here in my office all agree this doesn't sound right though, his history of violence towards women is well documented.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Who is Oscar Pitorious? I'm american, I don't recognize the name. Sounds sad.
When you shoot a gun, you should be absolutely sure of the target.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

Who is Oscar Pitorious? I'm american, I don't recognize the name. Sounds sad.
When you shoot a gun, you should be absolutely sure of the target.

He's a South African athlete known as The Blade Runner. He had both his leg's amputated and use's artificial leg's (Blades). He's also the first disabled athlete to compete at the able bodied Olympic games.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
absolutely horrific news - with a knee-jerk reaction it's easy to get all outraged and think "well he clearly shot first and asked questions later", but violent crime in SA is potentially a lot more violent than here in the UK and no doubt the US too.
his story before this was an inspirational one... this sounds like a tragic accident so far

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

OK, now I realize who he is - so sad. My condolences to all involved.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well what I say to all you bleeding hearts is he is a cold blooded murderer and wife beater.The police have been called to his house numerous times about domestic violence.
You all make me sick with the "oh he's a great guy,so sad"
that's how wife beaters roll incase you hadnt noticed.
Try giving your sympathy to his dead wife and her family and hope that he becomes some big black dudes bitch in jail,then the boot will be on the other foot.
Cant believe anyone fell for the excuse that he thought she was an intruder.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

Quite full of yourself? Keep silent on things you know nothing!

Today a white woman was raped after taking her children to school, and a white man shot for a cell phone, 1 morning, within 10km of me. Last year a man shot his daughter by accident in this way, believing a break in. Just because you don't hear about DON'T devalue the many victims of violent crime in this country. Show some respect, if you can.

So the story has changed dramatically, the Police SAPS have revealed that there have been domestic disputes before, and immediately before the shooting at about 4am.

The state is opposing bail, and he has been charged with murder. This is common for ANY firearm related deaths, but given the media spotlight, they will be acting by the book every step of the way, bail tomorrow morning (within 48hours) and it's believed the state can ask for a 7 day extension to investigate further.

It really appears now that he shot her in anger.

Just another day in the rainbow nation

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Yes well here's one "bleeding heart" for whom this is the first time hearing of him being abusive or a woman-beater.Its as much a shock to me as the initial reading of this thread.My hubby never heard or saw it mentioned anywhere either,and he devours local news,also we dont read celebrity magazines,so there really was'nt a way of knowing,was there?
As far as i knew,he was an inspiration,and a decent guy,some one to be admired.
This makes the whole tragedy even worse.Anyway,i don't condone men who beat women,just so you know.I honestly had no idea,as im sure is the case with most South Africans,this is the first time we ever even saw mention of this aspect of Oscar Pistorius.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I heard this story on the radio, it is very sad.

I at first felt sorry for the fellow, however the radio stated that in the past the police had been called to the house for cases of domestic violence and that on that night neighbours had heard shouting from the house?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I wonder why if Pistorius was a so much an abuser the girl friend stay with him and didn't leave when the first abuse happen, she was no only a beautiful model but also a lawyer.

She had no reason to take any of the crap from Pistorius, I don't get it, he shot her 4 times, that was an execution.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
Well what I say to all you bleeding hearts is he is a cold blooded murderer and wife beater.The police have been called to his house numerous times about domestic violence.
You all make me sick with the "oh he's a great guy,so sad"
that's how wife beaters roll incase you hadnt noticed.
Try giving your sympathy to his dead wife and her family and hope that he becomes some big black dudes bitch in jail,then the boot will be on the other foot.

Twice in the chest and two in the head...? After the first bullit a woman goes down and it takes some definite decision to add those other three bullits into a defenseless person. It is hard to belief that this guy squeezed four bullits off fast enough before the body did hit the ground.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Incase you never noticed I never "devalued"any victim of crime in your country,never mentioned any other crime.
As for me not showing respect,it was you lot bumming up the killer,not me.I said to show your sympathy for the victim and her family.
So I dont know what you are on about.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Yet if he was black you would have all known,seems money still talks...or keeps quiet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join