reply to post by grey580
Quoting a nice-sounding sentence doesn't make it true, there would be just as many people who will "become polite" as there will be people thinking
that it gives them the right to push people aside. How do you think it'll end up when you point your gun at a wannabee though guy because he went
berserk after you hit his car inadvertently ? He'll get his gun out too and you'll find yourself in a stupid situation.
Hell, even the fact that you think guns could push people to act more politely is a dream, how many times have you seem someone get a gun out and act
nicely ? How do you think people will react with a gun under their nose, whatever the situation they are in ? How do you think people around will
react when they see a guy with a gun drawn out without knowing anything about the situation ?
A society in which everyone has guns is a society living on the edge where politeness is merely an imitation of fear.
I'm always amazed by people who think having a gun will help them when it comes to self-defense, the element of surprise alone is enough to give the
offender the upper hand, not everybody is a Marine or a trained soldier (and even them would have a hard time overcoming that kind of
Here's an experiment for you trigger-happy-cowboys :
1. Find three people to try that with you.
2. Empty two guns, be careful, keep the safety on.
3. Take one, put it in your holster/pocket/whatever is the place you keep it usually.
4. Give the other one to the group and ask them to chose one person amongs them that will carry the gun (without telling you).
5. Let them come at you from different angles and try to attack you
6. Count how many times you ended-up winning the round.
In the end you do what you want, I'm neither pro or against guns, I don't give a damn, you could even give automatic rifles to kids and crazies I
wouldn't mind but you should really think about your claims because most of them are complete dellusions (especially the one about getting rid of
criminals, christ some of you are clueless).
edit on 14-2-2013 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)