It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space-Time question, can this happen, need your input

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
HA! The moment you say "what if" you are thinking freely and allowing creativity to take hold.

Now why would you do that OP?

Some (ok.. a lot) of people on this forum do not appreciate free thinking and creativity, however I am thankful to Einstein and Tesla, Faraday, and.... well all of the great thinkers of our past because they were not influenced by others negativity about their work. They were steadfast.

They thought freely about the Universe and how to make their intuition be observed and computed to hold a theory in tact.

Im not agreeing the planets are in an evolutionary stage as the same, however I am not shooting you in the foot for thinking freely.

Its nice, actually.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with posting a picture and saying "Hey, doesn't this look like (fill in your example here)?"

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with speculating on a theory of something (especially since that is how new things are discovered all the time).

The problem is that, yes, while it's a pretty picture, the evidence supporting it is non-existent. In fact, most of what we know about the other planets argue against the OP's idea.

For example, his idea doesn't explain how each planet has different sized cores. Doesn't explain how we would go from a Mars sized planet to one that has many, many times more mass and size (Jupiter).

It doesn't explain how we go from Jupiter's mean density of 1.326 g/cm^3 to Saturn's 0.687 g/cm^3 (would float in water), then back up to Uranus 1.27 g/cm^3 (in other words, complete chemical make ups changing).

Why would their orbit's inclinations change? Migrating outward or inward will not cause that.

Oh, and axial tilt: Saturn's axis is tilted at 26 degrees, Uranus is at 97 degrees, and Neptune is at 28 degrees. So something knocked it over on it's side, and then later knocked it back?

The only reason I'm pointing this stuff out is due to where the OP put their thread, here in the Space Exploration forum, where a thread should have supporting evidence. Considering how highly speculative the OP's idea is, and of course lack of supporting evidence, this thread would be better suited in Skunk Works, where the OP doesn't really need evidence of any kind, as it is specifically for highly speculative ideas.

I think Skunk Works get's a bad rep because of it's name "Skunk" that most people equate to something that smells bad. When in reality it's an ideal place to simply introduce a highly speculative idea, without needing any evidence to back that idea up. Maybe if ATS were to change the name of that forum it would be used more for these types of ideas.

Where as here, in Space Exploration, most posts are backed up with some sort of evidence to help them, and are suppose to be a bit less hypothetical.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

yes i agree

there is a metaphysics/philosophy forum....

but i was thinking about how man hasnt been on any planet...and how travelling through space effects ones observation of time....and how these changes manifest...

basically i was approaching this as a "space traveller"...astronaught

which is why i picked the forumn

but the move is cool...

peace
edit on 14-2-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
HA! The moment you say "what if" you are thinking freely and allowing creativity to take hold.

Now why would you do that OP?

Some (ok.. a lot) of people on this forum do not appreciate free thinking and creativity, however I am thankful to Einstein and Tesla, Faraday, and.... well all of the great thinkers of our past because they were not influenced by others negativity about their work. They were steadfast.

They thought freely about the Universe and how to make their intuition be observed and computed to hold a theory in tact.

Im not agreeing the planets are in an evolutionary stage as the same, however I am not shooting you in the foot for thinking freely.

Its nice, actually.

The problem with your statement that you seem to miss entirely is the characters of note you mention; Einstein, Tesla, Faraday, or any other name of historical significance you want to toss in there; they had EDUCATIONS.

When you (majestic plural) have the tools of understanding and learning that come with an education, when you know how the universe works (according the current model), yes, you can play "What if ...?"

If you (majestic plural, not personal) no clue from the start, even if you just think you do out of whatever illusory fantasy typically resulting from a lack of education, you (majestic plural, not personal) are just a child making mud pies.

The characters of note, the names like Faraday, Einstein, or Tesla played "What if ...?" based on evidence, experimentation, and the supporting bodies of work that came before them.
They didn't just pie in the sky make arbitrary nonsense up and attempt to justify it with some magical mystery wand of Science.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

The problem with your statement that you seem to miss entirely is the characters of note you mention; Einstein, Tesla, Faraday, or any other name of historical significance you want to toss in there; they had EDUCATIONS.

these lot were more gnostic and religous, moonlighting part-time as scientists lol

they didnt make discoverys
but proved theories...that they or their cult dreamt up

lol...anyone can be belittled...even einstein lol

The characters of note, the names like Faraday, Einstein, or Tesla played "What if ...?" based on evidence, experimentation, and the supporting bodies of work that came before them.
They didn't just pie in the sky make arbitrary nonsense up and attempt to justify it with some magical mystery wand of Science.

pie in the sky! tut tut

the fact is...which was my overall point

those "scientists" couldnt prove that theory wrong or right...because we (humans) dont know

experimentation...or.... forced, idealist conditions to prove some pre world war propaganda

probably...probably not

based on evidence, experimentation, and the supporting bodies of work that came before them.

how can you have these things without a theory

a shamanic opium-head, hidden under einsteins bed lolol

sorry..your tone got my goat
though i thank you for your input

peace
edit on 14-2-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Mercury - newly born… Venus - maturing… earth - alive in prime….mars-dying… asteroid belt - disintegrated/dead….Jupiter - gravity reforming light elements, larger pieces as moons…..Saturn - moons disintegrate, become rings, core becomes more dense…Uranus - dying gas giant…..Pluto - dead

If in fact what you are saying is true, then our planet earth is the next one in line to die out It might be alive and prime for the time being but not for long i was reading it online somewhere that earth only has a certain amount of time before the sun gives out and it becomes so hot its not longer liveable, i was telling someone the other day that "that" might the reason there trying to make a colony on mars for people to live up there and thats why there looking for another earth because are own earth we live on right now is dying out as we speak, everyday is another day closer that the earth will eventually come to an end

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SnowyOwl

I think an earth like planet is definitely out there. It depends how long it takes to find it before the earth gives up or is destroyed (most probably by ourselves). Mars colonisation according to professor stephen hawkins WILL happen. He estimates in around 100 years. So i guess that counts me out. But i didn't wanna go anyway!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
to the two above posters

im saying that mars is earth in a different dimension of time

its more of a linear understanding

not something we are on the timeline of...but something that happened at the end of the current dimension of time

in our case as humans...observing...then it wont happen for infinity years...yet its already happened..
but its out of our reality

basically saying...dimensions of spacetime, bends and warps, at the suns will....

i think the sun..ie light and time....has as many dimensions as there are planets...ie 8 or 9

i`ll build a model...eventually lol
edit on 15-2-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It's amazing how people with little to no understanding of how the universe works beyond junior-high school level science class (where they didn't even pay attention then), can be totally in awe of themselves in regard to the astounding answers to the mysteries of the universe they magically divine that people who've a dozen years of academic accreditation, some who've never left academia, as well as other professional scientists certainly could have figured out if they just took the least path of resistance in life where they could accrue the greatest amount of benefit from the least amount of actual work, study, learning, or anything else that typically results in ... results.

In other words, maybe you could solve the worldwide economic situation next?
Create world peace?
Cure cancer?

edit on 16-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

It's amazing how people with little to no understanding of how the universe works beyond junior-high school level science class (where they didn't even pay attention then), can be totally in awe of themselves in regard to the astounding answers to the mysteries of the universe they magically divine that people who've a dozen years of academic accreditation, some who've never left academia, as well as other professional scientists certainly could have figured out if they just took the least path of resistance in life where they could accrue the greatest amount of benefit from the least amount of actual work, study, learning, or anything else that typically results in ... results.

lol

lol

if science is in the hands of the above mentioned...we were doomed yesterday.

and im not in awe of myself

but in awe of this conciousness, the light i percieve, the emotions i feel...and in awe of your 3d mindframe, that couldnt possibly understand this 9d converstation...

its like trying to explain to an ant the laws of physics....it would sound sort of like you at the mo.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

In other words, maybe you could solve the worldwide economic situation next?

easy
public representation at the head of all private banks
no private school, prime ministers

could go on, but thats enough to solve most issues

Create world peace?

support the UN...and not use it...to all parties

Cure cancer?

remove the bubble of radiowaves, wifi etc
industrial petrochemical emmissions cut down
artificial food...well thats your choice lol

but if you want a cure
i think the stem cell researchers and the herbal doctors
have many cures....
but we will never officially know

peace

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Such a predictable canned answer that's very very very tired.

Let's see your math.

Oh? You don't have any?

Well, perhaps since you're SO advanced, you'll see some of the problems I'm having with some of the Action Formulations that start on page 5 of THIS PAPER describing Spherically Symmetric and Rotating Wormholes Produced by Lightlike Branes
It should be obvious, so, I won't bother picking out what to most would be like describing physics to an ant.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

remove the bubble of radiowaves, wifi etc
industrial petrochemical emmissions cut down
artificial food...well thats your choice lol

Riiiight, and this solution worked soooo well for everyone that died of cancer from the beginning of human history on up to before 1900?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

lol

im the kinda guy that doesnt believe in dinosaurs

look, i didnt add any "math" because as i said...it was a brief thought that i dissmissed, but i wanted to share

its was about applying micro/macro, from different angles...having fun with it

i still think it is a cool theory... i get even more euphoric when i think about it lol

peace

thanx for grounding the nonsense

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

im saying that mars is earth in a different dimension of time
its more of a linear understanding
not something we are on the timeline of...but something that happened at the end of the current dimension of time

Hey there! I definitely don't know enough about physics to really prove you right or wrong. But an interesting aspect of your theory is that it WOULD explain why there seem to be several 'shipwrecks" on Mars!

Seriously, I'm not kidding: I created a thread on that and really don't know how to interpret the petrified remains of ships on our beloved neighbor-planet! Perhaps there is really something to it, I don't know ... judge for yourself!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
i just watched BBC news

they were discussing the origins of mercury....timing hey!

im saying the cores can expand, pushing the crust....

they are saying mercury drifted in from outer space and got caught by the sun

they have to readress mercury
because they found material that should not exist at that temperature..potassium or summink
also nasa have released new footage of mercury

probably deserves its own thread
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 16-2-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

... im saying the cores can expand, pushing the crust ...

... and perhaps "contract" as well?

In any case, I couldn't stop thinking about your 'thought experiment'. So I was wondering whether you already have a more detailed idea about what it means when you say 'something that happens at the end of our current timeline'?

And how could it be that different versions of one and the same planet (in terms of 'age', while varying in size and distance from the sun) exist on our 'current' timeline and that we could actually go there to explore it? Would you say they existed in their own timeline as well, a timeline though to which we have no access at this point?

Any ideas about that? I'm just curious ...

P.S.: S+F for coming up with an extraordinary (if not scary) question!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I guess you need to look at the Charlie Chaplin time travel
Is this for real, I guess we wont ever know, is it possible yes, some day, but for know I guess we can think to ourselfs this would never happen in our life time.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I thought about this last year at some point and it's definitely worth considering and pondering for a while.

Also to consider is that maybe every planet is full of life but we can't recognize it until we advance to the next level.

Like Mars looks dead, but on the next level it is full of life, and from venus in the level below us, Earth looks empty of life but we are really here.

So maybe dimensions do factor in.

If they do exist...and they do...because we are here, then how do we know how they function ? There could be infinite dimensions.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

What if…the planets in our solar system….are all the same planet…in different stages of its life!?

So, you are saying that All planets in the solar system, are EARTH, from various pasts and futures, all simultaneously existing in the same time (Now)?

Are you saying that they have been pulled out of their normal time-line, or that our solar system is in a form of shattered time-frame... where getting closer to the sun brings you back in time?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join