It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps Aliens use Sleep Paralysis to Abduct People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It's no secret that middle of the night, while you are sleeping alien encounters/abductions and Sleep Paralysis have many similarities. From the inability to move and intense fear to auditory and visual hallucinations sleep paralysis by most accounts is an intense and frightening experience.

Perhaps aliens use this naturally occurring biological process in order to more easily abduct people. In the case of the greys where, unless they are robotic in some way, are quite diminutive and presumably weak compared to the average human someone dealing with sleep paralysis would be an easy target.

Sleep researchers are close to being able to tell what you are dreaming when you are asleep. In fact, they are already at a point where they can pretty closely pinpoint whether the dream you were having is sexual, intellectually driven, etc. With that said, it doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me that beings with interstellar or even inter dimensional capabilities could easily prolong this naturally occurring process. Whether it be through low level telepathy, or electrical impulses, etc.

What also makes this ideal for an alien abduction is the fact that you are already going to be questioning what you saw/felt, and many people will not believe you simply because the symptoms mirror a sleep paralysis experience. So, in attempting to think from the perspective of a grey, this is the ideal, and logical manner in which to abduct a human. Disabled, and already potentially hallucinating, so my appearance will either be written off by the victim or most anyone that the experience is relayed to.

So are alien abductions really just sleep paralysis? In a way, yes. I think they are just exploiting are own biology.

That is not to say that every instance is actually an abduction. I simply think that using sleep paralysis would be the easiest means to abduct a human, and keep them looking crazy.

I had figured someone else would have thought along these lines..... it's only a slight twist on the sleep paralysis or alien abduction argument, but I didn't see any threads, or easily googled for that matter. If I missed them I do apologize, but perhaps it will make a good conversation anyhow.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
To be clear, what I mean is in the case of many alien abductions, the victim is already undergoing the process of sleep paralysis and this is exploited to more easily abduct the victim. As opposed to aliens controlling and paralyzing your body, or it simply being explained away as sleep paralysis. I'm simply saying that in at least some instances they go hand in hand.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I personally experienced this once about 15 years ago. It was 10 years later when I first heard of HSP.

While my experience had all the hallmarks of the classic nocturnal Alien abduction scenario, it also closely followed the common symptoms of HSP. At the time I was willing to entertain the possibility of such a close encounter... that's how bizarre and real it was to me. However, with what I now know of HSP I am comfortable with the more conventional explanation.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Only you know for sure, and in your particular instance, the conventional explanation may apply.

I'm certainly not suggesting that these two scenarios always work hand in hand. Similarly to the statement that "all toads are frogs but not all frogs are toads." The question is that if you believe alien abductions occur, is my explanation a feasibility in your mind?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

Only you know for sure, and in your particular instance, the conventional explanation may apply.

I'm certainly not suggesting that these two scenarios always work hand in hand. Similarly to the statement that "all toads are frogs but not all frogs are toads." The question is that if you believe alien abductions occur, is my explanation a feasibility in your mind?

I can't honestly say that I do know for sure. I'm just more inclined to go with the explanation that requires the least number of wild, unprovable leaps of faith. That said, I still harbor some doubt in my mind. So I guess your theory would be just as feasible as the idea of alien abduction itself, even though I consider both to be less likely than HSP.
edit on 13-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Understood. I'm generally a skeptic when it comes to any type of alien abduction. However, at least in my mind taking advantage of a being's natural biology seems very logical. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is just reaching at a naturally occurring syndrome and trying to turn it into "Aliens!"...

The church did the same thing a thousand years ago... However, it was demons back then...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Not really, though I see what you are saying. Sleep paralysis is normal, and comes with it's own set of odd experiences. Abduction and sleep paralysis are two separate things, even if I am blurring the lines a bit. If there are instances of nocturnal alien abductions, I'm stating that they could be using sleep paralysis as a means to easily abduct humans as opposed to having some type of unexplainable control over an individual.

The two experiences are separate and different but not necessarily mutually exclusive.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

i dont sleep that much,,insomnia,terror and panic attacks,, 8/10 dreams are alien visits,,
not claiming that i am abducted,, but maybe my mind is,, i have wondered about this subject alot..

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

We can use microwaves since the 80's to "beam" sound into the brain at a distance .

Why would anyone question the ability to do much more with just a bit more technology ?

Alien or not it is not only possible but very very likely that such devices exist now .

So could a group capable of interstellar travel achieve this ?

Bet on it .

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I recorded myself gong thru sleep paralysis... i came to a point where i can force my mind to induce one.

When i had my like 57th attack....when i saw my webcam video all i saw was my eyes moving like crazy.. then suddenly just woke up in jolt, but no aliens in my camera..

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Not really, though I see what you are saying. Sleep paralysis is normal, and comes with it's own set of odd experiences. Abduction and sleep paralysis are two separate things, even if I am blurring the lines a bit. If there are instances of nocturnal alien abductions, I'm stating that they could be using sleep paralysis as a means to easily abduct humans as opposed to having some type of unexplainable control over an individual.

The two experiences are separate and different but not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Sleep paralysis dates back thousands of years. You are saying, it just so happens an advanced Alien race travelled millions of billions of miles, (lightyears) to come to Earth to abduct us, but they aren't advanced enough to take us unknowingly so they rely on a natural phenomena which is unpredictable.

Think about it for a sec.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You have a point. A very valid point, but it may be relatively easy to simply prolong/affect a sleep cycle as opposed to outright controlling one using telepathy etc. I appreciate the food for thought, as again, you have made an excellent point, but I am trying to logically reconcile a phenomenon that is real and easily documented with one that shares many similarities, that is not easily proven.

Could I be wrong? Absolutely, that's why I'm having a discussion.

Originally posted by boncho
You are saying, it just so happens an advanced Alien race travelled millions of billions of miles, (lightyears) to come to Earth to abduct us, but they aren't advanced enough to take us unknowingly so they rely on a natural phenomena which is unpredictable.

At least in regards to the reported abduction behaviors of the greys, they travel millions of billions of miles, to come to Earth to abduct us, but they aren't advanced enough to take a simple genetic sample without physically scarring the abductee. Apparently they haven't heard of a cotton swab. Anyhow my point is that maybe EBEs make as little sense as humans.

edit on 13-2-2013 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Anyhow my point is that maybe EBEs make as little sense as humans.

That could be true, however, this only implies they are a human construct.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Oooh sucker punch. Another zinger.

Anyway, it was a thought and if no one else agrees with me... well it won't be the first time, and in the end no biggie. I have given myself the title of Thread Killer, it's just not usually my own that I kill.

Maybe some conversation will still evolve here, who knows.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Anyone have anything else to add before this thread dies a horrible death. Perhaps someone can fill in the gaps in my little theory, or put the final nail in the coffin. Either way, Gandhi and his Capri Sun await.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
A shame. I think the topic of HSP vs Alien abduction is worthy of more interest.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

i think this a good topic,,
think about it,, why would aliens want our physical bodies?
i imagine that the ship is a very steril place, not to mention the inhabitants...... we are not..
they can create an astral/quantum duplicate from us to use in research, and not compromise themselves,,
am i right?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Anyone have anything else to add before this thread dies a horrible death. Perhaps someone can fill in the gaps in my little theory, or put the final nail in the coffin. Either way, Gandhi and his Capri Sun await.

I just had sleep paralysis five minutes ago.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the star.

It could have been due to reading this thread.

All it took was around fifteen minutes or so to be right back here reading.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join