It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps Aliens use Sleep Paralysis to Abduct People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I've lost count the number of times I've had sleep paralysis. I've had it since I was young and all have been different experiences.The most recent ones have been kind of threatening and violent like I'm getting strangled which has happened a few times the last 6 months to hearing things running through the walls to actually feeling which can only describe as me whats inside my head about half a foot from my body but I could see the room etc. I've developed a way of fighting out of it being a SP veteran the last time I fought out I heard in my head/ear whatever a voice saying don't you f**king dare do that again.

I don't know about anybody else who experiences them but I enjoy the fight but have never ever linked it to ET or little grey beings. It's a strange and sometimes scary experience that I can't explain away. I'm not a spiritual person so rule out demons and the boogie man too.

Its an interesting theory but think its definitely a non-runner surely if they can travel light years they would just scoop the nearest carcass up and do as they wish.

edit on 13-2-2013 by apd96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by arthurfonzarelli

Originally posted by boncho
This is just reaching at a naturally occurring syndrome and trying to turn it into "Aliens!"...

The church did the same thing a thousand years ago... However, it was demons back then...

So let me see if i understand this.
All across the globe people from all walks of life have the same experience, in the same sequential order with basically the same outcome.

And we are to believe legal drug dealers and quacks killing us through snake oil magic rather than look at the possibility that it could be alien abduction or a battle for our soul between demons and the lord.

And oh yea, riddle me this,
How is it we are all experiencing the phenom in the same way and with rhe same scenario

If this is sarcasm, it's brilliant. I have to wonder on this site sometimes though....

Sorry but there is no sarcasm intended.

I was dead serious. We are on a conspiracy site and many people have lost faith in science and medicine because of all the lies.
My original question still stands.
In short, how can you so blindly accept an answer by the medical and scientific fields when they have been caught in lie after lie.

Hell, all these so called years of tech advances and the best we have is faked global warming, medicine that its side effects are exactly what it is supposed to be curing and so on.

Sorry, i dont believe anything at all anymore that massa has fed us since birth.
edit on 13-2-2013 by arthurfonzarelli because: sp

edit on 13-2-2013 by arthurfonzarelli because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Years and years ago as an early Christian I had this occur. I could hold up under it quite well and I was analyzing what was happening night after night. never saw anything, but heard things.

So being a Christian, and not being able to figure it out I prayed for release. Now it stopped immediately and never returned.

Now here's a dilemma for people who believe in aliens but don't believe in God. If 'greys' as you guy call them can be dispersed by called on God, then they know something you don't about God and have to obey, or they aren't 'grey's but demons in which case they have to obey.

And as the above story is true I wonder how some of you might view my statement of experience. Why do these things you guys call 'greys' obey when prayed against?

Maybe it's all an imagined scenario and neither demons or these aliens are involved in which..... prayer still relieves the symptoms..

[[[[[[As a side note, spell checker on ATS is absolute rubbish]]]]]]

Now three examples of pryaer workiung. This must cause a dilema for some who say God doesn't

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Or your tripping out on '___'. Via your pineal gland.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Or your tripping out on '___'. Via your pineal gland.
or the aliens are injecting their victums with '___' causing them to see...aliens?

@ the OP
Isn't this the same as saying that aliens are flying around in spaceships that look like and act like balloons or birds?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Maybe

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You know, for the last 10-15 years i've been afraid to really even bring this into the light but here it is.
When I was 10 me and my younger brother witnessed what appeared to be a glowing white figure outside
our bedroom window just wandering about in our yard. The peculiar thing at the time, and i'm unsure if this has
a connection to the circumstances or not but I thought i'd share, was that our landlord my father was renting from
still had one of those huge oldschool satellites (The massive ones) in the yard. After peeking at whatever it was I
was quite honestly scared to death but eventually calmed down and settled into sleep. However, sometime there shortly after I awoke in sleep paralysis, my eyes were open and it seemed like I was still in my bedroom. The only thing
that I remember vividly was the fear and trying to scream out which I was unable to do. It felt like I was screaming on the inside but there was no aural feedback in the "illusionary" setting I was in. I couldn't hear myself scream. Perhaps
they do use sleep paralysis and visual/aural hallucinations as a cover during abductions? Since then my health has been
in perfect condition even with the poor lifestyle I live.. it's quite peculiar to say the least.

edit on 23-7-2014 by PolarSwitch because: Hard to read, had to align properly.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com... This is a great article discussing if sleep paralysis and alien abductions are somewhat conected, so give it a look if you are interested

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MlekoFromKorea

Thank you

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
That sleep paralysis occurs naturally and may mimic descriptions of alien abduction related paralysis says nothing about the validity of abduction phenomena. Not anymore than the fact that I can get a spontaneous head ache invalidates reports of head aches resulting from being hit in the head.

This reminds me of studies that electromagnetic fields applied to the brain can cause hallucinations. Some people in the studies hallucinate alien like entities, which is then proposed as evidence that all abductions must be magnetically induced hallucinations. A problem with that is that the participants didn't just hallucinate alien beings, but also much more mundane things, like ordinary people. Does the ability to produce a hallucination of an ordinary person mean that all encounters we have with real people are just hallucinations? Of course not.

Sleep paralysis might indeed explain some abduction experiences. Electromagnetic disturbances may also contribute to some paranormal experiences. However, that doesn't preclude the possibility of actual encounters or genuine paranormal experiences.

As to the OP, while it's possible that aliens might exploit the same brain activity that causes sleep paralysis in order to induce paralysis, I really don't see the need to rely on sleep paralysis as a per-requisite for alien induced paralysis. We are just now starting to touch on technology to manipulate the brain, emotions and thought using magnetism, light pulses or other triggers. It's not hard to imagine a much more technologically advanced culture having the ability to manipulate abductees in the ways reported in abduction reports. Not just paralysis, but time/memory loss, induced visions, masking memories, etc...
edit on 23-7-2014 by Totemic because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PolarSwitch

Thank you for sharing your experience. Based on what you have said it is hard to tell whether you were actually abducted or not. Just the same what you have relayed is interesting, I would love to hear any additional details you would like to share.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Totemic
As to the OP, while it's possible that aliens might exploit the same brain activity that causes sleep paralysis in order to induce paralysis, I really don't see the need to rely on sleep paralysis as a per-requisite for alien induced paralysis. We are just now starting to touch on technology to manipulate the brain, emotions and thought using magnetism, light pulses or other triggers. It's not hard to imagine a much more technologically advanced culture having the ability to manipulate abductees in the ways reported in abduction reports. Not just paralysis, but time/memory loss, induced visions, masking memories, etc...

Odd that this old thread has been resurrected to some degree.

They most likely wouldn't need to rely on sleep paralysis for abductions or helping to keep a person immobilized. I agree with you, but I also think that strategically this is the the best time to abduct someone due to the fact that hallucinations, a feeling of a presence, and fear are already a part of the sleep paralysis experience. If you were the abductor, ideally, wouldn't you want a situation where people other than your victim would easily explain away the encounter as a manifestation of normal biology?

This is of course and unprovable and possibly unlikely theory, however, I hadn't seen it proposed before and thought it could spur some interesting conversation... which it certainly has. Thanks for responding.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Osiris1953

This thread had become a relatively safe place for people to share their experiences and comment on the topic at hand without being overly scrutinized by other members.

If anyone would like to comment on the topic or share before the thread drifts back into ATS obscurity it would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I agree that it makes sense to abduct people during sleep, for a number of reasons like those you mention. For those who find any validity in the abduction phenomena, I think it's also clear that many abductions are also initiated when the abductee is awake. I don't think sleep paralysis makes a very good alternative explanation for the abduction phenomena, but I also wanted to comment in the hopes of dissuading some from the fear that if they have ever experienced sleep paralysis, absent other abduction related phenomena, that this might be a sign that they are abductees.

It's possible for someone to have simple sleep paralysis and think it is a paranormal phenomena, it's also not incorrect to compare paralysis associated with an abduction encounter to the sensations of sleep paralysis, but I don't think the two have any direct relationship to each other.

For me, personally, I have experienced sleep paralysis numerous times in my life, mostly in my teens and twenties, and it can be a frightening experience. I also have conscious memory of parts of four abduction experiences. Only one of those occurred when being awoken from sleep and none of them had any resemblance to sleep paralysis. (My impression is that abduction related paralysis isn't a disconnect between the will to move and the body. It's more the cancellation of any ability to will yourself to move in the first place. You might not want to be there, you might want to do something, but you are possessed of such certainty that you can't move that you don't even try).

By the way, one encounter was walking in the woods with our dog at the time, a large Lab-mix. In that instance, the beings appeared as identical human boys of about 12, wearing uniforms with tan pants and blue tunics. At least, that was how I perceived them, as identical humans, but I couldn't focus on their faces. They appeared very suddenly in a circle around us. People will make of that what they want, I won't debate it, but what still interests me to this day was the way my otherwise extremely protective dog reacted. She stopped, looking straight ahead, not at any of our "guests", with her tail gently wagging as if she had spied a family member on the path coming to join us in our walk.

Missing time of about 30 minutes and the dog didn't seem any more phased than me when we were able to continue on our way. I thought that showed a pretty sophisticated level of manipulation, apparently inserting a feeling of relaxed happiness in the dog, or reactivating some pleasant memory. No paralysis or narcolepsy, just a gentle mollification.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
This is just reaching at a naturally occurring syndrome and trying to turn it into "Aliens!"...

The church did the same thing a thousand years ago... However, it was demons back then...

What's natural about SP?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I just bought a sleep/fitness band this week. I only occasionally have sleep paralysis. Tonight I had a nightmare because I fell asleep listening to a broadcast about alien abduction. So my fitbit logged my nightmare as restless. My kid logged it as holy crap! I screamed and even the cat came running. I'm guessing I don't get out of bed but I'm moving, it calls me restless. It's fairly accurate to my lying down as sleeping. It knows when I'm moving and will log my ATS time tonight as restless sleep. So I don't truly know what I'm experiencing during my episodes. It feels like I can't move. Sometimes I feel stuck in a frozen silent scream. So I guess what I'm wondering is if a sleep, activity band would register an abduction. I am guessing that our alien visitors don't have much concern for being registered by tech because if they were, it would simply be disabled and there would be no recordings of any kind. That would make most documentation false. I'm wondering if my fitness band will record my sleep paralysis as restless. I probably won't know for months, maybe years because it's just too rare an event for me. I'm wondering if there are people who have more frequent occurrence register anything unusual with fitness bands. I do feel like someone is with me when I have an episode. My first thought is usually, not again. Or they are back, I've had that thought. Sometimes it feels to me like there are more than one person. One time it occurred the same night a man came knocking on my door at 2 am for sex. I ignored him and just went back to sleep and found myself on my back, feeling like a person was leaning over the head of my bed, looking down on me in the dark. The head of my bed had open space. It sounded like a roar of rushing sound coming at me. That was my last episode. It has been about a year. But weird occurrences start up around men I am sexually attracted to. I did eventually have sex with that man. I won't lie, in part because I was curious after the sleep paralysis episode. Afterwards he went to leave my bedroom and the light bulb was burned out so he left in the dark. It was a new bulb. There is another man at work that has been flirting back and forth some. A little over a week ago we were sitting quietly in the break room and a wadded up wet paper towel moved across the table on its own. We both witnessed this. Although I'm extremely attracted to my supervisor and I haven't seen anything weird with him. I definitely will not ask him if he has seen paper towels move. He doesn't like me, I am certain of that. If sleep paralysis is triggered by stress, I have some sucky survival genes. I would be dead as a little woodland creature. I am very curious as to the nature of events which occur around me. But mostly I'm just rambling because I'm tired. I'm really posting because I'm curious about activity bands registering sleep paralysis or abductions.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Sleep paralysis reminds me of a form of anaesthetize similar to what happens when people are put under before an operation. Its more advanced however; because it puts you into a conscious state where you are aware but cant feel, or move. It does make one wonder doesn't it.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
Sleep paralysis reminds me of a form of anaesthetize similar to what happens when people are put under before an operation. Its more advanced however; because it puts you into a conscious state where you are aware but cant feel, or move. It does make one wonder doesn't it.

Not really. If it is what you describe, its not more advanced - its exactly the same. Your mind is awake but your body is asleep and totally disconnected.

Personally I dont think that is what most people experience when they are having a sleeping paralysis situation. I think its the complete opposite. Your body is fully asleep but your mind think its awake. Which can result in pretty much anything happening, because you are dreaming. The difference compared to a normal, way out there dream, is that when your mind think its awake, it will think its in a familiar, perfectly real location - the same location you just where in. Your bedroom. In the dark. Where scary things can be...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
or the aliens are injecting their victums with '___' causing them to see...aliens?

@ the OP
Isn't this the same as saying that aliens are flying around in spaceships that look like and act like balloons or birds?

There are those who claim they are flying around disguised as airplanes and helicopters. There's a guy here with such an avatar photo.

I wasn't injected with anything that I know of.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

This is very much possible.

People could just say it was paralysis

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join