It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant teen sues parents over abortion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hi all

I dont know what to say about this .How could you wanna force your own 16 year old daughter to get an abortion?
I guess the father told her it was his choice and the decision has been made.. The girl says the mom was gonna try to slip her an abortion pill.

I think this is the girls choice and 16 is old enough to make that choice. I dont think you should force anyone to have an abortion.

They should just be happy there gonna have a grandbaby..

video at link
www.click2houston.com...

HOUSTON -
A lawsuit claims a 16-year-old girl is being coerced to have an abortion against her will.

The teen is two months pregnant and is represented by lawyers with the Texas Center for Defense of Life. A judge granted a temporary restraining order to save the baby's life.

"We were asking judge to stop them physically forcing her to have an abortion. She is legally protected. They cannot drag her to get an abortion, force an abortion on our client," attorney Stephen Casey said.

edit on 13-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

ETA.. My son was born when I was 19 and my wife was 17, and boy do I have a great frikin kid I am SO FRIKIN GLAD WE DIDNT ABORT HIM

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

She's a good girl!

My own other half is the child of a 16 year old mother. I'm glad that 55 years ago she didn't get rid of him. The world would have lost a hero!

Not in anyway do I condone teenage pregnancies but this young lady's protective instincts give hope to the human race! Thank God for 'good' lawyers!

But that's just my opinion!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Statistically...Her life is over for productive outcomes and that's outright cold, brutal statistical fact. Ther are exceptions, of course.....will she be among the small %? Sad...but there it is.

Having said that? Well.. this isn't the 50's or 60's anymore. They can't force her to. On the other hand, she can't force them to give her shelter, food or support of any kind either. 16 is a very young age to be alone in the world. Hard choices.....and at that age? Well, I hope by happenstance, she makes the right ones. They won't be by life experience or knowledge.

I'm real glad some days I have a Son and not a Daughter. I don't have to worry about having a child bear their own child and basically bring hopes and dreams to a crashing halt on the spot.

I know... I know.. society says if you can physically accomplish the pregnancy process, you're old enough to have kids... Yup.. Job Corps are full of girls who demanded that be the case too. Those are just the minority of lucky ones who got THAT far in picking life back up. Most don't. Again.. Statistical fact.....although I know I'll have a small army claim that's all wrong and baseless nonsense. babies having babies.....and people wonder why society is so screwed up.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
reply to post by goou111

She's a good girl!

My own other half is the child of a 16 year old mother. I'm glad that 55 years ago she didn't get rid of him. The world would have lost a hero!

Not in anyway do I condone teenage pregnancies but this young lady's protective instincts give hope to the human race! Thank God for 'good' lawyers!

But that's just my opinion!

My mon was the oldest of 5 kids and my grandma gave birth to her when she was 15. Back in those days it was common for women that young to ba married and have babies

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I understand exactly what you're saying BUT the judgement depends on the measuring stick being used.
Is she a 'useful slave' to the masters, out working 9-5 paying the majority of her wage in tax, bills, food and then up and slaveing the next day again! Now that really is a 'useful' life, or is it?

If it all boils down to 'money' and how much of something that really does NOT exist, that she can earn, that is the total worth of her and her unborn baby then i say to hell with the money!
The 'money' does not exist.
Our reality is rapidly changing and even a man with a degree, experience and skills now counts for nothing.
But Love! Now Love that really is worth striving for!
I take Love first and Money Last!
Stop feeding 'the beast' and instead feed Love!

edit on 13-2-2013 by Elliot because: poor spelling!

edit on 13-2-2013 by Elliot because: disappointing spelling

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I wouldnt want to pay to support my kid and my kids kid.

If my kid is going to impose this burden on me then I should have a say.

If my kid is going to accept that burden as her own then let her have it.

I never really understood why "babies having babies" was such a frowned upon thing outside of the financial costs.

Parents all over dread their child becoming sexually active but never seem able to or willing to articulate exactly why.

I'll articulate why: I dont want to pay to raise you and your kid.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Good point but what a shame to 'kill and destroy' everything that just might be a financial drain in anyway!
That way leads to madness!
That way leads to a Logan's Run mentality! i don't want a 'Brave New World'.
That way is the way of a world i really don't want to be part of!
Now Love.........that's something else and belongs to a better world!
Couldn't we for once just try 'Love' and see what happens?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I'm real glad some days I have a Son and not a Daughter. I don't have to worry about having a child bear their own child and basically bring hopes and dreams to a crashing halt on the spot.

Just because a male cannot carry the child within his body does not mean that he doesn't bear responsiblity for his actions...You have just as much to worry about as if you had a daughter.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

If you dont want to be a part of it you're a little late to jump off.

This choice isnt one of the household alone. Everyday communities, clinics, hospitals, states and nations make those same choices.

Somebody or some group is always put into the class of "deficit" and another person or group is put into the class of "benefit."

I wouldnt mind seeing a better world either but it's not likely to happen anytime soon.
edit on 13-2-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

I understand exactly what you're saying BUT the judgement depends on the measuring stick being used.
Is she a 'useful slave' to the masters, out working 9-5 paying the majority of her wage in tax, bills, food and then up and slaveing the next day again! Now that really is a 'useful' life, or is it?

You have to be kidding. Making something of herself by finishing High School...maybe even college if she'd chosen to, is a fools game? It's being a slave??

....and raising the State's child on the State's food while using the state's medical and support money to do the whole thing is .....what? Freedom? C'mon. :shk: (Actually, it isn't the State's money..it's MY MONEY and the money of millions of productive citizens like me...it's why I take that attitude a little personal)

I get that some people here simply hate everything related to productive life as a productive citizen. Fine.... To each their own for how life is wasted. It's a shame to see a 16 year old literally FIGHT for the right though. I'll admit..her parents don't seem to leave much choice with the forced part of the whole idea though.

@Iseye

Oh, I'm well aware of my duty and obligation as a parent to help support a child my son may be half of making while he's a child himself. The thing is...if that happens, I've 100% and totally failed as a parent, on every level. That's how I see that outcome. Failure. Total. I see NOTHING positive about children having children. The stats of outcomes in real world lives just don't bear out enough chance to see anything good come from it for it to be a happy occasion on any level.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Oh, I'm well aware of my duty and obligation as a parent to help support a child my son may be half of making while he's a child himself. The thing is...if that happens, I've 100% and totally failed as a parent, on every level. That's how I see that outcome. Failure. Total. I see NOTHING positive about children having children. The stats of outcomes in real world lives just don't bear out enough chance to see anything good come from it for it to be a happy occasion on any level.

What how does that make you a failed parent???? teenagers have sex like it or not and some might get pregnant..
If you think you can keep your high school kids from having sex then its obvious you dont have children

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I figured that was coming up quick for an argument. 'Kids are having sex anyway...can't help it...not the parents fault'.

Yeah, that is the cheap and easy way out for parents. That logic of 'gonna happen anyway' is the basis for a generation wasted to TV babysitters, Facebook educations and all the common sense God gave a billy goat in more cases than we'd all like to admit, I'm sure.

If parents ACCEPT PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for the actions and outcomes of their children while they are still children, perhaps we don't have quite so many kids graduating the criminal justice system and not High School. Perhaps babies having babies wouldn't be such a normal thing now, High Schools commonly have programs to accommodate those who don't drop out, outright.

Of course, we can just go on saying 'Gonna happen anyway...no sense trying to stop it' and continue to adapt that to include more and more things. The problem is...children DO NOT have the reasoning power or maturity to be making many of the decisions for acceptance of consequence they carry with them. That's not even subjective for a statement. It's physiological fact in brain development for higher processing. Pure biological facts there.

I choose to be a part of my child's guidance and life outcome. Not simply be a spectator to it and cluck at a bad outcome "I couldn't help". Errr... Not in my home.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Is the daughter living at home under the parents roof? They have every right to insist she gets one, or leaves home.

Another girl opens her legs and gets knocked up, well done girl! now you want to inflict your drama on your parents because they object to you bringing up a baby under their roof, under their terms, move out drama queen, stand on your own two feet if your old enough to get knocked up your old enough to stand on your own two feet.

"hey ho there she goes either a little bit high or a little bit low, she thinks she's made of candy..."

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

TextI figured that was coming up quick for an argument. 'Kids are having sex anyway...can't help it...not the parents fault'.

Yeah, that is the cheap and easy way out for parents. That logic of 'gonna happen anyway' is the basis for a generation wasted to TV babysitters, Facebook educations and all the common sense God gave a billy goat in more cases than we'd all like to admit, I'm sure

Its called human instinct, we all want to have sex its in our dna

Ill tell you what when you actually raise some children you can then judge other parents

Do you blame your parents for all of your faults?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
One of the largest problems that this country faces is the fact that the government has taken away a parent's ability to parent their child. They have given the child "rights", that I feel that they shouldn't have until they are adults.

Apologies to the OP. Not trying to usurp your thread, just tossing in my 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The parents who would FORCE an abortion on their unwilling daughter sound like awful, unloving people. They are arguing, with legal representation, to kill their grandchild, and to gravely harm the mental and emotional well being of their daughter. Getting away from these "parents" might be the best thing that ever happens to both daughter and grandchild. The 16 year old, given the noterity of this case, will hopefully receive help (emotional, medical and financially) from right to life groups. The girls future (if she doesn't put the baby up for adoption) will be a lot harder for sure, but the tenacity of her spirit (in protecting her unborn child) gives me great hope for BOTH their futures.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon
reply to post by goou111

Is the daughter living at home under the parents roof? They have every right to insist she gets one, or leaves home.

Another girl opens her legs and gets knocked up, well done girl! now you want to inflict your drama on your parents because they object to you bringing up a baby under their roof, under their terms, move out drama queen, stand on your own two feet if your old enough to get knocked up your old enough to stand on your own two feet.

"hey ho there she goes either a little bit high or a little bit low, she thinks she's made of candy..."

All Im saying is why would you want your daughter to abort your granchild?????/??

Ill pay evrything I have in my bank account to make sure my kids and future grandkids are taken care of

link   
As long as someone(the mother and father) can take care of that baby well without draining on anything else, its should be okay.

Still need your parents help to raise the child? you are not ready.

Still in high school? NOT READY! unless you have rich parents.

Default to government assistance as primary income? Not ready.

Ages doesn't matter as long as you can be independent(with your partner) and take care of the babies needs.

link   
What had happened had already happened and no mortal can turn back the clock.

She is human life as well, as precious as anyone else's, and it is her body and choice to make. If that is her choice, then she must be psychologically prepared for what is to come.

It's not the end of the world if she doesn't finishes high school. She can still take on other jobs that do not require high education. It takes all types to make the world turn anyway, and the world can't have eveyone a PHD holder.

It would be tough to take on a job and look after the child, if not almost impossible. But there are other means to earn a living without physically being in the workplace, such as working from home with an internet connection.

She was not born out of a rock. She was the creation of love between 2 humans, and with that creation comes responsibility. No sense in crying over split milk, but to deal with realities. No matter what happens to the daughter, she is still the child of the parents.

But if the parents do not have the heart, that help will have to come from relatives, friends and the community. We must never be heartless to anyone. We can teach our young to be responsible, but when irresponsiblilties happened, we as humankind cannot turn away and leave a fellow human behind. If we do, how many will we leave behind before we ourselves one day get left behind too?

Self help is important, but when the odds are too great for one, someone or some group must step up to lend a hand, and not turn away or worse, condemn that person. If it is just money, it is true no one person can pay for everything to support both mother and child, but if more contribute, just a few cents or dollars regularly, it will sustain them until they can get on their feet again.

Furthermore, with help given, the mother and child will grow to contribute back to society one day. But if help is denied, only the cycle of tragedies will happen to all. Every life birth should be celebrated by all, for it means one more contributor to mankind. He/she may be a drug dealer one day, but equally he/she may be the one who could cure our diseases.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

TextI figured that was coming up quick for an argument. 'Kids are having sex anyway...can't help it...not the parents fault'.

Yeah, that is the cheap and easy way out for parents. That logic of 'gonna happen anyway' is the basis for a generation wasted to TV babysitters, Facebook educations and all the common sense God gave a billy goat in more cases than we'd all like to admit, I'm sure

Its called human instinct, we all want to have sex its in our dna

Ill tell you what when you actually raise some children you can then judge other parents

Do you blame your parents for all of your faults?

It's called ANIMAL instinct and our ability to control and moderate our animal instincts are what set us apart from animals. Sexual activity is among those base instincts we can moderate and approach with reasoning and caution to consequence or it's something we can just be animals about like pigs in slop and do what nature invites.

The difference, in my view, is what defines being brought up right to being brought up by spectators, not parents.

Did I blame my parents? Nope.... I made some of my own bad choices but I also had a moral foundation, thanks to my parents, to find my way back from that path of bad outcomes. If I hadn't had the foundation, thanks to their strict upbringing, I'd have had nothing to come BACK TO in moral direction...and would probably be calling a cell block home today with millions of others in the same position.

Parenting isn't for everyone and it damn sure isn't for children. That's my personal opinion and no level of 'but but but..it's her RIGHT!' will change my feeling that her right to be a likely failure in life over the choice to have 'whoopee' with her boyfriend is among the saddest things we see in this "anything goes" society we now have. Anything goes alright.....even children can doom themselves before possibly understanding how doomed they really are.

edit on 13-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join