It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Pregnant teen sues parents over abortion

page: 2
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 





TextI figured that was coming up quick for an argument. 'Kids are having sex anyway...can't help it...not the parents fault'.

Yeah, that is the cheap and easy way out for parents. That logic of 'gonna happen anyway' is the basis for a generation wasted to TV babysitters, Facebook educations and all the common sense God gave a billy goat in more cases than we'd all like to admit, I'm sure


Its called human instinct, we all want to have sex its in our dna

Ill tell you what when you actually raise some children you can then judge other parents

Do you blame your parents for all of your faults?


It's called ANIMAL instinct and our ability to control and moderate our animal instincts are what set us apart from animals. Sexual activity is among those base instincts we can moderate and approach with reasoning and caution to consequence or it's something we can just be animals about like pigs in slop and do what nature invites.

The difference, in my view, is what defines being brought up right to being brought up by spectators, not parents.

Did I blame my parents? Nope.... I made some of my own bad choices but I also had a moral foundation, thanks to my parents, to find my way back from that path of bad outcomes. If I hadn't had the foundation, thanks to their strict upbringing, I'd have had nothing to come BACK TO in moral direction...and would probably be calling a cell block home today with millions of others in the same position.

Parenting isn't for everyone and it damn sure isn't for children. That's my personal opinion and no level of 'but but but..it's her RIGHT!' will change my feeling that her right to be a likely failure in life over the choice to have 'whoopee' with her boyfriend is among the saddest things we see in this "anything goes" society we now have. Anything goes alright.....even children can doom themselves before possibly understanding how doomed they really are.

edit on 13-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)


Id be willing to bet you had sex as a teenager.. How old were you? whats old enough?




posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111
 


It is absolutely her choice! And I'm disgusted that her parents are trying to force her either to abort OR to keep the baby. They probably don't want to have to finish raising HER and also raise a new baby, which I understand, but she can't force them to do that, either. In fact, the story says she lives with her grandparents, who are willing to HELP care for the baby. Who are they expecting the rest of the help from?



The teen lives with her paternal grandparents, who have agreed to help care for the baby, the lawsuit claims.


Source

Reproductive choice is what being pro-choice is all about. It's her body, her child, her choice. But if she expects her parents to take a financial hit, she may have another thing coming... If I didn't want to raise my grandchild, I'd tell my daughter the options and then let her decide.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon
reply to post by goou111
 


Is the daughter living at home under the parents roof? They have every right to insist she gets one, or leaves home.

Another girl opens her legs and gets knocked up, well done girl! now you want to inflict your drama on your parents because they object to you bringing up a baby under their roof, under their terms, move out drama queen, stand on your own two feet if your old enough to get knocked up your old enough to stand on your own two feet.

"hey ho there she goes either a little bit high or a little bit low, she thinks she's made of candy..."


no see post above



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111
 


maybe the reason they aborted their grandchild...
being a grandparent makes you appear old and
they are too young to be grandparents.:shk:



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111
 

I sure did have sex as a teenager. Lost it at 13 in fact...and to a (gasp) older woman too. Scandalous and might even be called pedophilia today. ..back then, I was just called lucky. lol.... I also knew and understood the use of a condom and she, as she told me (and obviously I did NOT trust) was on birth control.

Little things....just those little things...they can make the difference between youthful indiscretions that build life experience or BAD judgement calls that fundamentally change or even end most options in life. Such minor things, really. Those details that make all the difference.

They are the minor things that come with that willful raising of a child with morals and values....as opposed to "well, gonna happen anyway..might as well deal with it", There is a world of difference between the two outlooks on things. Too often, it's the kids and their future (or lack of one) that demonstrate the difference for all too see, entirely too late to do a thing about it.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I wonder why finishing high school and 'making something of yourself' is more important than a human life.

I was a very high achiever at school and 'made something of myself'!

Still when I found myself pregnant with twins I was sacked on the spot by my 'high achieving' employers!

I learnt that day that those high school grades, that super high intelligence, those 'gifts' for making 'money' are NOTHING as compared to humanity and love. I knew I had something way more important than a 'job' and the 'greed' of my employers. Their boast that 'they never had and never would pay maternity pay' did them no good at all. Two years later they were beset with tragedy and loss and their business went bust. I did feel sorry for them and am not gloating but they never knew what was important.

Sad people like to put a 'price tag' on everything.

Good people know the difference between what is important and what really matters in life!

Life is NOT about money. Money, the unfortunate 'need for it' and 'greed; those things are the chains that bind us to slavery and never knowing what really matters.

But I understand that some people will never see or understand this in this life time.

Catch you in the next life!



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111
 
Instead of trying to "force" the girl to have an abortion they should hand their heads in shame for not "forcing" the girl to take birth control from the moment she was physically able to get pregnant. I know that parents don't want to think about their "little darlings" becoming sexually active and want to think "oh not my child" but they are deluding themselves.

People gave me a lot of crap, but as soon as my two daughters reached puberty I put them on birth control. I personally watched them take "the pill" every single morning until they had each graduated from high school. It's funny but sad that some of the people that gave me the most crap about it ended up becoming grandparents while their kids were still in high school and a few of them "forced" their own daughters into abortion.

The problem with this 16 year old girl is that her parents cannot physically force her to have an abortion, but they can boot her out of their house for not abiding by their wishes. It's a tough choice, but ultimately if the girl wants to have and keep the baby she has the option of doing it on her own, and while difficult it can be done.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot
 


Are you suggesting, in this time and era, you are willing to bring a child into this world when you can barely support yourself?

Imagine a teen who is pregnant, drops out of high school, and what do they do? work in a sweat shop warehouse for minimum wage? How happy is this new precious life is going to feel?

I do what my parents done for me... which was for me to have a better life than what they had.. and i, like my parents would want my kid to have a better life than me. me dropping out of school at early age for a precious life is going to push me back.

Maybe until money is useless in this world, you will need to be prepared before bringing in another life. i'm 26 and i already accumulated more than what my parents had when they had me, and i still do not feel secure to started a family.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot
 


Life is NOT about money. Money, the unfortunate 'need for it' and 'greed; those things are the chains that bind us to slavery and never knowing what really matters.

But I understand that some people will never see or understand this in this life time.


The poor and babies having babies in this nation ONLY have the luxury of saying that because the Government ...some here hate so much.... is willing to shoulder the burden of MONEY to support the child. Money absolutely DOES matter. It's simply not something it sounds like you're overly concerned with making to handle the needs yourself. Why, when it's supplied for and to you by a faceless entity one doesn't connect to the REAL people paying that money in their own taxes.

If you or others choose to have a child you cannot support? It IS being paid for....it's just paid for, by force of tax and law, by those who have nothing to do with the child and never asked or chose to be a part of it's support. That would be the problem I see there. "Money doesn't matter" is only heard from those with nothing left to lose, and living off other's money in the first place ...in my experience.


edit on 13-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

edit on 13-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by goou111
 

I sure did have sex as a teenager. Lost it at 13 in fact...and to a (gasp) older woman too. Scandalous and might even be called pedophilia today. ..back then, I was just called lucky. lol.... I also knew and understood the use of a condom and she, as she told me (and obviously I did NOT trust) was on birth control.

Little things....just those little things...they can make the difference between youthful indiscretions that build life experience or BAD judgement calls that fundamentally change or even end most options in life. Such minor things, really. Those details that make all the difference.

They are the minor things that come with that willful raising of a child with morals and values....as opposed to "well, gonna happen anyway..might as well deal with it", There is a world of difference between the two outlooks on things. Too often, it's the kids and their future (or lack of one) that demonstrate the difference for all too see, entirely too late to do a thing about it.


So what if the condom broke and she got pregnant?

must have been bad parenting right? you have contradicted yourself a couple times in this thread



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111
 
That's an assumption you've lost me on. When did you get the impression I don't have kids?

I have a 12yr old special needs Son who I love dearly and have talked about on here frequently in various context.

Examine that word...Assume .... It has meaning that relates here, I think.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream
 
Are you suggesting that instead of supporting an innocent life I kill it?

What would this make me?

Would it make me 'grow' and would it make me a 'better person'?

Would it make me 'richer', or would it make me 'superior' or perhaps it would be the opposite?

Do you believe that all there is in life is 'money'?

Do you know that money is not even 'real'?

Everything in life is a gamble!

Take a chance and gamble on love, which is real and not money which might well vanish shortly!

Be human because human Is good and not the evil that we are told it is!

That belongs to another world and not ours!

I took that chance! It worked out fine! Love works!

However 'fear' that really does cause people to do bad things.

Trust in love because it will work out fine!



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Elliot
 


Life is NOT about money. Money, the unfortunate 'need for it' and 'greed; those things are the chains that bind us to slavery and never knowing what really matters.

But I understand that some people will never see or understand this in this life time.


The poor and babies having babies in this nation ONLY have the luxury of saying that because the Government ...some here hate so much.... is willing to shoulder the burden of MONEY to support the child. Money absolutely DOES matter. It's simply not something it sounds like you're overly concerned with making to handle the needs yourself. Why, when it's supplied for and to you by a faceless entity one doesn't connect to the REAL people paying that money in their own taxes.

If you or others choose to have a child you cannot support? It IS being paid for....it's just paid for, by force of tax and law, by those who have nothing to do with the child and never asked or chose to be a part of it's support. That would be the problem I see there. "Money doesn't matter" is only heard from those with nothing left to lose, and living off other's money in the first place ...in my experience.


edit on 13-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)


Jesus how many kids in this world were planned for?



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well now the first thing the parents need to do is place a support order before the court against the Father of the child so he pays support each and every month by order of the court. This will help alleviate the burden and insure the child gets what it needs without placing too much financial pressure on the parents.
At this stage it is obvious she will either miscarry or have it because the court will not allow her parents to force her to have an abortion at that age given the introductory ruling already established.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111
 

What if? Coulda woulda shoulda.... Now we're off into hypothetical scenarios to make logic work? The story here is what the OP and link out says it is. It isn't saying this was a tragic case of failed Birth Control. That DOES happen...and I thought about addressing that too just to cover ALL POSSIBLE bases for what I knew would be the likely 'gotcha' back that I didn't cover like a rug.

No such thing is even hinted....and I'm not assuming hypotheticals which happen to make my case stronger when absolutely nothing supports them ever being factors.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by goou111
 
That's an assumption you've lost me on. When did you get the impression I don't have kids?

I have a 12yr old special needs Son who I love dearly and have talked about on here frequently in various context.

Examine that word...Assume .... It has meaning that relates here, I think.



apologies

I thought you said you didnt have children.............. oops



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111
 

No biggie... fast moving debate on multiple levels... It happens.

It's enjoyable to have a logic battle at times. You're a worthy opponent, I will say.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


I guess Im just miffed about the bad parenting thing

so were your parents bad parents because you had sex at 13? they obviously didnt teach you right right?



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


I guess Im just miffed about the bad parenting thing

so were your parents bad parents because you had sex at 13? they obviously didnt teach you right right?


That doesn't mean he had bad parents, it just means that no matter how good of a job you do raising your children once the hit the puberty hormone super rollercoaster all bets are off. Most of what you have spent your life pounding into them comes out of their brains and runs out of their ears as hormones and peer pressure take the reigns. I think a lot of parents either forget, or choose not to remember, what it was like when they were teenagers.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join