It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Have All Been Part Of A 24hr ATS Experiment on Feb. 12, 2013

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
duplicate post
]

edit on 13-2-2013 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I am not aware of violating any T&C in what I did. If I did violate terms, I can only be apologetic, but I can never never be banned for life. I will return as a new character, but I'd rather remain here and be slapped on the hand if I violated conditions here. I wouldn't repeat my mistakes.

My force is sensing that you already have been banned at least once before.

I was banned for 3 days here, that's it.
I made a thread ridiculing another popular member, and I deserved what I got.

I learned a valuable lesson after that. I even wanted to buy all the mods a drink.... that offer still applies.
Many of the mods meet in PA every summer to camp out and have a great time.... I want to go there and have a good time with them. I am not an enemy here, I am just a friend who wants the best results for everyone.

I will miss you all if I get banned. My reapplying has nothing to do with disrespecting the authority here. I spent 2 full years building up my stats here, which are respectable IMHO.

You guys have me scared to death about being banned.
Stop it.

I am scared, you sufficiently scared me.
I love ATS, and I know the road to Hell was paved with good intentions, but my ideas were really paved by good intentions.

I am no cheater, if I was, I would have done it and never mentioned what I could do.
I despise cheaters. And I am willing to be a look out for such deceptions.

link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Agreed...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Stop it.

As Yoda Once said "Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering."

Don't be afraid.. hehe

May the Force be with you.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by manmental
My short posting ban was probably the best thing I learned here at ATS and cleared my head and made me acutely aware of the value of this site to me and therefore more aware of the T and C's... which are there for a reason.

So. it was like being sent to 'ATS corner' to think about what you have done? Would you agree?

Dude, i started to get withdrawals!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

a double blind experiment ,well thought out and well done

if you get BANNED ill leave as i think you showed just how easy

it would be for others to troll debunk and derail threads

flag and star and may the force be with you

HONESTY IS THE FINEST POLICY
edit on 13/2/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'm curious to see a mod's input on this. IMO, you've pretty clearly broken one of the cardinal rules. Ignorance isn't a reasonable defense - I find it hard to believe that you've been here for years and remained unaware that what you were doing was a bannable offense. People have been banned for a lot less.

You perpetrated a hoax, had a dialog with your own sock puppet account in an attempt to get one over on the community.
edit on 2/13/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Stop it.

As Yoda Once said "Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering."

Don't be afraid.. hehe

Don't be afraid.. hehe

May the Force be with you.

Thank boncho for my paranoia.
One of my favorite posters...... he also made me scared of my own words and intent.

I thank you all for responding positivelly..... it helps.
It's really late here in New England right now, I am tired, and am hoping when I wake up that I am not banned.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Experiment and hoax are totally different things

and then theres is honesty

it takes balls of steel to come clean in the face of a ban

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'll wager that you dont get banned, further more after some thought and examination, i feel that this persona you have is probably a front as you are a mod. there i said it!! :O

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Intentional misleading.

Self gratifying experiment

Justified by your intention to assist.

It sets no example for new members or members who actually do the right thing and abide by the rules.

I think you should be made an example of and then you will become your prophecy, self realised and in line with your mixed up version of your catch cry...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
You stole someone's internet access to troll the site with a sockpuppet.

And I don't think you've proven anything about psychic ability.

Not saying you should be banned, but let's call it what it is.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Strange how the "real psychics" never foretold your deceptive, manipulative lies for such experiments previously. I do hope you compensate your hijacked neighbors ISP account usage, and kindly inform them that vulnerabilities exist in their personal network.

I'm only a new member...or am I.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Reading through new and old threads I have often wondered why certain people were banned and even sometimes attempted to go into their post history to see exactly what happened. Always seemed like some sort of conspiracy on the conspiracy site. Also, people who simply stopped posting in controversial threads who were not banned always intrigued me too, contemplating the mystery of what happened to them and why they stopped or maybe I am just easily entertained.

In this case, however, I guess there will be no mystery if the dreaded ~ appears to the right of your name ...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
People have been banned for a lot less than this

My brother was banned for "spamming" for saying "welcome" too many times in the introductions threads and inviting people to get an avatar on the thread he made.

This is pretty blatant.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SproutKY

I would say creating the extra account for the 'experiment' only might have been a forgivable offense. But Jibby failed to mention the sockpuppet account was first used to bolster his option in a thread he authored.

It is almost like the 'experiment' thread was an after thought to creating the account. In this OP he mention S&Fs but failed to point out having a second account to echo yourself is also a way to 'game' the boards.

PS... I wondered what happened to that member!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
wow i cant actualy believe some of you guys want the OP to get banned for an actualy interesting experiment, seriously , its an interesting thing , and what you guys want,a swift ban hammer kick ?

boot lickers....

if OP get banned, then ill follow him.
edit on 13-2-2013 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp
wow i cant actualy believe some of you guys want the OP to get banned for an actualy interesting experiment, seriously , its an interesting thing , and what you guys want,a swift ban hammer kick ?

boot lickers....

The experiment was against more than one rule in the T&Cs. If the OP doesn't get banned, he at least should be punished. He isn't exactly setting a good standard for ATS...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp
boot lickers....

Who's the boot licker now?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

oh sorry , i dont see the point here

Yes, op performed an interesting experiment, yes, somes here want him banned,and no, i dont see where im licking someone boots.

your point ?

feel free to elaborate if it make you feel better

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join