It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Have All Been Part Of A 24hr ATS Experiment on Feb. 12, 2013

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
You know how your loved ones sometimes say,
"OK, promise me you aren't going to get mad at me?"

I am asking my "loved ones" here the same question.

I wanted to let this experiment go longer, but I don't have the deception in me to do it.

You know how almost every week there is a "psychic ability test" thread posted here that proves nothing & goes nowhere? Well, I decided to perform one of these "experiments" on ATS that could prove once & for all that psychic abilities exist.

This was several experiments in one thread actually.
I learned a great deal from this. Hopefully, so will you. I only did this for that one reason.... to prove my theories, and see your true nature. I was humbled by the responses, & I am in awe of the vast intelligence that exists here on ATS... it makes me tear up actually. To those who participated, I am grateful, you are true blue to your unselfish characters and should be proud of yourselves! I envy you all.

My ultimate goal was to see how this played out with an Introduction & follow up authored threads. I can't operate in the Darkside for that long though. I am not a deceptive person, and it makes me ill to do such things, even online to strangers. I can't operate in that energy for very long.

Enough of my egotistical blowhard words, on to my results.....

23 Flags for an Introduction thread.... you guys really do love me.

I gave you all a lot of clues. This was a really easy experiment to figure out. Some of u passed with flying colors, the rest, passed with a C average, which is still passing. I can finally say without a doubt... some of you have "The Force" within you, or as many of you prefer to call it, psychic abilities.

The first identifiable proof of psychic ability didn't come until page 3...

Originally posted by aLLeKs
some part of me just wants to say hello, the other part wants to scream "nutcase"...

You were very close my friend. Very close.
I am joking obviously. This was not a real factual result... still funny though.

On page 4 came the real JEDI..... here is a real psychic for you non believers...

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

I agree 100 % ! But this posting style and rhythm seem familiar to me some how. HMMMM. Hope he doesnt get banned Im going to enjoy his posts I believe!

bourbon2nite seemed to pick up on it first.
This is "the Force"... it's a "sense" within, you can't explain it, but it just is there, reminding you of something you already know. This person = a Jedi.

From page 5....

Originally posted by wolfbitch
I'm one of those who thinks you're okay, SheepleX.

But I gotta ask..... is my username familiar to you and do we know each other on another specific forum?

wolfbitch is the 2nd JEDI. Otherwise known as a psychic.

I do not know any of these members beyond the interaction within this thread.
These are genuine responses to this experiment.

Before it's said, I'll say it.... "This doesn't prove anything.... you just wasted a lot of members' time with all this, and pissed off other members who believed in your charade." ....maybe, but like I said, this was several experiments in one.

A few of you "sensed" familiarity. You couldn't put your finger on it, but it was there.
If I carried on further, I know I would have saw more of you make similar comments.
I am sorry though, I just can't carry on with a deception for that long. It infects me, it's like a disease, the Darkside will make me physically ill over time. I am an honest person, too honest for my own good mostly. This thread being a prime example of that kind of honesty.

This was an experiment that proved....
ATS is full of wise and critical thinkers.
ATS has members with bigger hearts than I have ever seen in this life.
ATS is full of real life JEDI/psychics, on this particular day, these were the humble Jedi who responded. If this experiment was done on a weekly basis, we would discover many many more in this forum.
ATS has some of the wisest participants of any online forum in existence.
ATS is a real community of people who are like a family, & should be respected as such.
ATS has real psychic members, though they might not be popular via S&Fs, they are the real deal nonetheless. Despite some of your "debunking", their abilities of a psychic nature are real.
ATS is vulnerable to "cheating" by members. I could have given myself at least 100 cheat Flags and 5000+ stars with that faker profile account. I didn't, but I was tempted by the thought. I would get no real satisfaction from such things though, they aren't real.
Now how many here are doing the same thing for "credibility" in the S&F psychology of this site?

I hijacked a neighbors ISP wifi signal to accomplish this.
I am not the 1st person here to think or do such a thing.

The moral of that story.... don't solely rely on one's stars & flags as a source of "credibility" here, because it can be easily cheated and influenced, as I could have done undetected.

Don't shun the new members with low S&F's and a low K rating, some of them may be incredible sources of information that goes unnoticed, because of their "status" rating here. Treat everyone as a unique individual.... and be respectful to everyone.

The end.

OK, bring on the ruckus. I am prepared to take full responsibility for my acting performance, and for any punishment as a consequence of my actions. I am hoping my faker title "Future Banned Member Saying Hello" isn't a Jedi foreshadowing.
Mods, feel free to delete that account after this posting. It was only used to perform this experiment. It hasn't been active for more than 24 hours, it was only meant to be a temporary experimental tool.

For anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about, here is the experimental thread -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My "personality" despite the alterations for this thread, must be obvious at this point.
I even used my profile to be an adversary to this faker Sith profile.
How many new members are so vocal about Star Wars? Or so "perfect" with image embedding and/or quote responses? I thought I was making it obvious at the time.

Please, forgive me, and hopefully understand my reasons for my actions.
I have great respect for this site, and I hope you have respect & understanding for me.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
It's true....

And may the Force be with you... always.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
If you set up another account to do this experiment you may want to kill this thread. Against t&c's and other members (longterm) have experienced the ban hammer, doing little "tests" and "hoaxes" to test the wit of ATS.

Generally frowned upon.

(Otherwise I'd do it too.)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SheepleX

Hmmm, so it was you.

I flagged it because I figured you were an old regular who had been previously banned.

Great experiment, I commend your efforts- hopefully you do not get into too much trouble for this.
Many members (Who I wish would get into chat sometime) on this website are the very reason why I keep coming here. Unfortunately, many of those members have also been banned.
Definitely some very intuitive people, sometimes quiet- but with the heaviest of words.

Definitely the writing style was familiar, but it was when you put up a properly sized picture - that was when my B.S meter started ringing.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I completely missed this little experiment. But then, I am about as psychic as a jar of mayonaise.

When I get off of work I will have to check it out.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
If you set up another account to do this experiment you may want to kill this thread. Against t&c's and other members (longterm) have experienced the ban hammer, doing little "tests" and "hoaxes" to test the wit of ATS.

Generally frowned upon.

(Otherwise I'd do it too.)

I didn't know it was a t&C violation, if it is.
I was trying to improve this site, and conduct an experiment that would produce real results.

I have only compliments over all the results, and for the members here.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I flagged it because I figured you were an old regular who had been previously banned.

I was hoping it was Bernard....

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I didn't know it was a t&C violation, if it is.
I was trying to improve this site, and conduct an experiment that would produce real results.

I have only compliments over all the results, and for the members here.

Dont get me wrong, I agree with you. And I like when people are tested with critical thinking. The closest I came to the type of experiment you were trying was my proof you're an idiot thread.

And yeah, I like your premise.

Just very eggshell-ish type ish, if you know what I mean.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I would be devastated if I was banned for this experiment.
I am a faithful human being, and respect this site.

But if I was banned as JibbyJedi, I would return as a new individual with a different IP, and I would have to curb my honesty here obviously, but to me that would degrade this site.

I want to remain here, and I am only looking out for everyone's best interests here.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

although your intentions may have been good ,some people dont appreciate being tested or used in experiments such as this .
there was a thread a couple of years ago where a ufo report over heathrow( i think ) was tampered with to make it look like a a credible report from the BBC ,to test people. Needless to say the member copped a flogging and was banned ,You may have to deal with some flak over this.

edit on 13-2-2013 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Yeah, sorry to disappoint everyone.

I'm not Dimensional D., or many others who were considered Great Minds here.

I miss those members too, but I am just me trying to be a good contributor to this site. I declare my title as "Systems Buster" which is what I'm trying to do here, bust the systems that are vulnerable.

I am a cheater who is exposing how to cheat.

I am also trying to defend the integrity of this site and it's members.

Better one of us expose the vulnerabilities and prove the psychic phenomenon than an outsider.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

although your intentions may have been good ,some people dont appreciate being tested or used in experiments such as this .
there was a thread a couple of years ago where a ufo report over heathrow( i think ) was tampered with to make it look like a a credible report from the BBC ,to test people. Needless to say the member copped a flogging and was banned ,You may have to deal with some flak over this.

edit on 13-2-2013 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

I realize that.

I didn't fake anything other than a persona.

I also didn't let it go beyond 24hrs.
I am hoping that those facts and intentions i have will be considered here. I am throwing myself at the mercy of the courts so to speak.

I feel I have proven to be a considerable contributor here with a 3 to 1 post vs. star ratio, and I fought the ban stick before at one time. I am on ATS's side in it all though, and am looking out for all of your best interests. I care about the community here, and I was trying to help protect it from deceptions.

Whatever happens, happens. I stand by my actions and accept full responsibility for them.
My intentions were honorable.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I've seen some members who contributed brilliant threads get banned without any public explanation. One severe breach of the T&C and blammo.

:^/

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
It's kinda funny watching your sock puppet argue with yourself about Star Wars fantasy stuff.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
yeah, 1%. you should be fried for this. many have come before you and fallen for far less than this. what makes you so special.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Deliberate deception. Not good. The HIVE senses danger.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubAce
It's kinda funny watching your sock puppet argue with yourself about Star Wars fantasy stuff.

No kidding.... I thought that was funny..
Sith vs. Jedi, I could have let that go on for weeks...months, and it would have been very entertaining. It would have been nonsense and made me ill at the same time.

I am not aware of violating any T&C in what I did. If I did violate terms, I can only be apologetic, but I can never never be banned for life. I will return as a new character, but I'd rather remain here and be slapped on the hand if I violated conditions here. I wouldn't repeat my mistakes.

I care about you guys, and I don't even know many of you.
Regardless, I am on your side here. I consider you all, friends.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Me too! what a shame!

I'm actually gutted that I've been strung along and I hope others do not follow your lead... this would be a bad precedent.
I actually hope you do get banned over this idiotic 'prank'. Your so called 'experiment' proved nothing that I didn't already know about the wonderful ATS members just by reading such great posts and threads over the last years.
We are not all obsessed by stars as flags as you seem to be.
Both of your 'alter-EGOs' seem very full of themselves and rather cocky for my liking.
I hope you get the glory you so obviously crave and wish you all the best.... just not on ATS hopefully.

link   

I thought you might have been Bernard..........My antennae were twitching!!!

Not sure what this proves though?

link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01
yeah, 1%. you should be fried for this. many have come before you and fallen for far less than this. what makes you so special.

Nothing. I am no more "special" than anyone here.
If I knew I was violating any terms & conditions, I wouldn't have done anything like this.

I thought of doing fake UFO videos here to prove which were fakes, but I didn't bother.

I am an ATS advocate in many ways, I advertise this site regularly.
If I got banned for this.... I would return much more reserved and edited.
I have a lot to offer here, it would be unfortunate if you lost my thoughts and words here, but at the same time, I don't want to violate rules.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join