It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Have All Been Part Of A 24hr ATS Experiment on Feb. 12, 2013

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I would be devastated if I was banned for this experiment.
I am a faithful human being, and respect this site.

But if I was banned as JibbyJedi, I would return as a new individual with a different IP, and I would have to curb my honesty here obviously, but to me that would degrade this site.

I want to remain here, and I am only looking out for everyone's best interests here.

You should be.

I was close to receiving the ban hammer when i "misled" others (in my thread stating that Preppers should be classed as terrorists). What you have done is far worse than what i did, and as such, you probably do deserve a ban. Furthermore, your statement that you would just come back as another individual just proves that you do not have respect for the site, or its rules.

Of course, this is my personal opinion.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It seems you have never read the T&Cs. Why in the world did you not checked them before launching your 'experiment'?

Plain-as-day, in black and white it states:
16c.) Multiple Accounts: You will not create multiple user accounts and "talk to yourself."

Not to mention the T&Cs against posting false information.

I know some people like to operate with the ask for forgiveness, not for permission tactic, but that just means you would rather feign ignorance then take responsibility for your actions.

I'm very sorry you did this.

edit on 13-2-2013 by OneisOne because: 6am typo

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

come on, you think your exposing something to any of us, anyone with half a brain over the age of 9 know's how to do this, your next door neighbor's kid is piggy backing your internet with his mobile phone or lap top or ipod connection as we speak. maybe you should have used your time and energy in showing people how to avoid being hacked instead of trying to teach people how to cowboy hack a modem which is by the way a major T&C violation.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
OK.... who is Bernard?

I'm apparently similar to him. I'd like to know who he was here?

I know a lot of real names here, but Bernard is someone I'm not in touch with.

Sorry to disappoint everyone. I guess he was a true truth speaker?
My name is Jason. Maybe in the future, you guys will remember me.

If not.... lots of luck to you all.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Whoa... I could have never guessed that it was you. Yeah, I S&Fed. Well, not technically Sed since there aren't any stars there.

I did smell something fishy though. How could you tell that the rules were strict? I made an account last doomsday, so I remember very clearly that, as a lurker, you couldn't see any account information, not even 'banned'.

EDIT: I just realised that I hadn't flagged after all, though I thought I had. I did subscribe, however. *quickly changes tone* Ha! I knew all along that it was an experiment; that's why I didn't flag it!

edit on 13/2/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/2/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
A controversial experiment?: Yes.

But does it deserve a ban? Of course not!

I'm disgruntled you guys would want anyone removed over something like this.
This was a controlled experiment, and I think it was a good one.

Sad you guys are so quick to see someone banned over something like this.
For shame, really.

Fact is, Jibby didn't know any better. His heart was totally in the right place, albeit a bit vain.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
OK.... who is Bernard?

I'm apparently similar to him. I'd like to know who he was here?

My name is Jason. Maybe in the future, you guys will remember me.

If not.... lots of luck to you all.

Bernard is a douche ............ Who continually tries to join up after being banned many many times, he's
easy to spot usually. He uses the Dr title which you did not, so i was unsure and erred on the side that it
wasn't Bernard, but some other nut waiting for the ban hammer

You should not try and get remembered on ATS for the wrong reasons Jason, there are some smart people here!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Bernard is certainly seeking something...Whether or not it's the truth, is up for debate, or dependent on your quaalude intake for the evening.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I guess I am guilty then.

Sentence me to life in prison, or the ban stick.

I am emotionally involved in this site nonetheless.

I care about everyone here. I may be reckless or unaware of al rules of conduct here to the letter. If everyone wants me gone.... and is quoting specific violations to help facilitate that progress.... then maybe I don't belong here.

I don't want to be where I'm not wanted.
Who does?

If you guys want me gone, then let it be the way of things.
I'd rather go somewhere where I am appreciated than somewhere that resents me.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
It seems you have never read the T&Cs. Why in the world did you not checked them before launching your 'experiment'?

Plain-as-day, in black and white it states:
16c.) Multiple Accounts: You will not create multiple user accounts and "talk to yourself."

Not to mention the T&Cs against posting false information.

I know some people like to operate with the ask for forgiveness, not for permission tactic, but that just means you would rather feign ignorance then take responsibility for your actions.

I'm very sorry you did this.

edit on 13-2-2013 by OneisOne because: 6am typo

Such a ban would probably run against the original intent of the T&C in my opinion. They put in such a thread because they didn't want people to cheat flags and stars and manipulate normal discussions with multiple accounts.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Wow.. I am not psychic at all haha..

You were one of my favorites before I joined and still are.. As Jibby that is.

I liked the other guy too..

Now I feel like I lost a member. Was a cool avatar too..

I thought you were trolling, but cannot prove that in the thread because I don't react to trolls except subtle re-trolling by pretending not to notice.. Kind of like when 2 sarcastic people are talking. To an outside observer they are talking normally and agreeing, but they both know it's a truly twisted conversation hahaha...

Grr you!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I don't want you banned, nor should you be, i am just saying that
drawing attention in this way may make some members resent you,(not me)

just saying

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I am not aware of violating any T&C in what I did. If I did violate terms, I can only be apologetic, but I can never never be banned for life. I will return as a new character, but I'd rather remain here and be slapped on the hand if I violated conditions here. I wouldn't repeat my mistakes.

My force is sensing that you already have been banned at least once before.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I hope you don't think I resent you, why would I?

As for posting the T&C information, you have claimed that you are not aware of breaking any of the rules. I posted that to help inform you, not to "facilitate the process". You have done your own facilitating by posting this tread.

Again, as I said before, I'm very sorry you did this.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Well, I've been here quite a few years. I know of a few posters who have come back to post within hours of being banned; some of them do it multiple times. A few had multiple accounts (and, yes they did "speak to themselves"). This is/was huge working up to the elections. It wouldn't be hard for you to look for them, as they immediately stopped posting the day after election.

I say a simple flogging and you should be good. IMO (U2U me your email and I'll send you a few examples to help your case against banning, if it comes to that - but, only if it comes to that.)

I don't think anything should ever be so cut and dry. You didn't mean any disrespect and weren't malicious. I say a swift warning should be enough. But, then that is just my opinion....not really worthy of much.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

A controversial experiment?: Yes.

But does it deserve a ban? Of course not!

Yes I agree, some of us need to calm down a little bit. He was unaware of this particular rule (ignorant of the law), I assume he has no previous major offenses (first time offender), and considering the relatively harmless nature of the "experiment", I think something like a "warning" is more in line with the "offense".

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
My short posting ban was probably the best thing I learned here at ATS and cleared my head and made me acutely aware of the value of this site to me and therefore more aware of the T and C's... which are there for a reason.

I also hope you don't get a lifetime ban but I think you deserve some punishment if only to dissuade other like-minded people from trying to perform their own fake-thread-'experiments'.

You seem far too intelligent to not realise the fuss this would cause.

So perhaps this is Part Two of your 'experiment'?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I had fingers crossed it was the return of BOB =D

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Word to the wise, sure Jibbi broke the T&C's, but you know what...It wasn't done out of any malice, nor disrespect.

What Jibbi has shown to us is out of the box thinking, as we all post on here anon, we rely heaverly on trust built on nothing more than our wits.

I don't think Jibbi should be banned, for the following reasons...
1) He showed us how T&C's can be breached,
2) He reminded us to trust so far, but keep a percentage back for ourselves,
3) He provided an entertaining introductions thread, which more than one of us thoroughly enjoyed.

Perhaps the only thing Jibbi should have done in hindsight, would have been to have approached a mod/skeptic overlord, and discussed his intention, thus with their blessing the experiment wouldn't place his account at risk.

Of course hindsight is a wonderful thing.

When a mod does come along, and they will, I hope they can see Jibbi's intentions for what they were, and don't listen to the rent a mob demanding a ban.

I think we have al learnt a little something from this....Now please excuse me, I'm off to "hack" my neighbours WiFi connection!

edit on 13-2-2013 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by manmental
My short posting ban was probably the best thing I learned here at ATS and cleared my head and made me acutely aware of the value of this site to me and therefore more aware of the T and C's... which are there for a reason.

So. it was like being sent to 'ATS corner' to think about what you have done? Would you agree?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join