It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict resigned to avoid arrest, seizure of Church wealth by Easter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
Arbitrarily declaring a source unreliable doesn't debunk anything ever.

As noted earlier, it's not arbitrary -- the cited source has no authority to arrest anyone or seize any assets.

The Vatican has been shown to be up to its neck in child rape, money laundering and who knows what else.

Whether that's the case or not, it has no relevance to the illegitimacy of the claims made in the press release posted by the OP -- there is zero evidence that the Pope has even heard of these nuts, much less "resigned to avoid arrest".

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adaluncatif

Originally posted by iamdavid
reply to post by greatfriendbadfoe

Never going to happen.

Why? Well, for a start, islam is a young religion leeching off the bible...No one who believe in the bible can accept the twisted views that islam offers about Jesus.

Islam is a young religion? It's only 600 years younger than that jewish offshoot cult christianity. Leeches off the bible? Like christianity isn't a copycat religion. Islam follows the Old Testament just like Judaism and christianity. Those two religions are just splinter religions from judaism. Judaism is a religion that has copied from other religions. So christianity and islam are copies of a copy. All these religions are false and equally bad for humanity. So what's the problem if all these catholics convert to islam? They would just be moving from one false belief system to another.

Not to mention, twisted views about Jesus? Islam considers Jesus to be a prophet, and as a messenger from God all muslims are required to believe in him. Islam is not at all unkind to Jesus.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I believe the pope to be an old dork and the people who follow this silly religion are sheep. Perhaps a few million fluoride ingesting, immunization stabbed gullible idiots will be crying over it.

Who cares about the pope. Let's get on with Aliens and worthy conspiracies folks

I do however find the Peter Turkson prophecy connection interesting, if there is such a thing.
edit on 14-2-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: added sentence

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Look, it is one thing to call the hierarchy of Catholicism stupid, corrupt, and old age. It is another thing to bash the people of Catholicism. Many people in the faith KNOW of the corruption, deceit, and half truths. I and many others don't stay in the Faith because we are being sheep.... We stay in our Faith because it is what we believe to be true.

A good way to start a Holy War is to continue to bash people of other faiths. A good portion of the world did it to Islam after 9/11. We bashed and bashed and bashed the religion of Islam that the people started to actually move to extremism. Keep doing that to Catholics and there will be a backlash of extremism. Extremism is always developed under great adversity.

I myself being Catholic hold to my faith. I do not go to church every Sunday. It is the message I believe in, not the Church.
edit on 14-2-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
Look, it is one thing to call the hierarchy of Catholicism stupid, corrupt, and old age. It is another thing to bash the people of Catholicism. Many people in the faith KNOW of the corruption, deceit, and half truths. I and many others don't stay in the Faith because we are being sheep.... We stay in our Faith because it is what we believe to be true.

A good way to start a Holy War is to continue to bash people of other faiths. A good portion of the world did it to Islam after 9/11. We bashed and bashed and bashed the religion of Islam that the people started to actually move to extremism. Keep doing that to Catholics and there will be a backlash of extremism. Extremism is always developed under great adversity.

I myself being Catholic hold to my faith. I do not go to church every Sunday. It is the message I believe in, not the Church.
edit on 14-2-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

So you do realize that the whole religious junk all originated in the Book of the Dead and further back to Sumerian tablets? Then a group of control pigs invented religions, hung and burned millions of people for not believing or for breaking their rules twisted it all to hell and you still have faith in it? Also there is no evidence anywhere about any Jesus person having even existed. Craploads of the current popes minions are molesting little kids all while paying no taxes and wearing gold on their stupid heads like ancient kings! Am I wrong? You believe in all this hakamamee?

My response is not meant to be mean or bashing. I am merely laying out some simple history as I believe it.

This so called religious leader dude just had his pacemaker battery replaced for god sakes. Pardon the pun. He will soon surely die if he is living on a battery. That is why he is resigning, nothing more.

Further to that how is it that the almighty top echelon hand of god need a battery to beat his heart? Shouldnt he be floating around and healthy as a horse well into old age with a connection like that?
edit on 14-2-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

Then a group of control pigs invented religions, hung and burned millions of people for not believing

What's your evidence of that? Who "hung and burned millions of people"? 'Cause neither the Catholic nor Protestant churches did.

You believe in alien conspiracy theories, but criticize someone for having faith in God? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
Arbitrarily declaring a source unreliable doesn't debunk anything ever. The Vatican has been shown to be up to its neck in child rape, money laundering and who knows what else. Unfortunately because of the power of The Church, no prosecution of anyone for anything is possible.

As adjensen responded, if there is no power behind a claim, then it is not an actual claim. Just because one wishes it to be true and some lone fellow on the net decides to create something that says that they are pursuing them legally, doesn't mean that it is actually occurring. It lacks actual teeth. It's not to say that, in an ideal world, that such a thing shouldn't happen. There are probably many that would like to see the Vatican be shaken down by a thorough investigation into all of the above allegations. However, what Annett is doing, through his claim, isn't so much attempting to start a grass roots movement for that goal but gives a sense of vindication that isn't actually warranted because there is nothing behind it. Make sense?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Then a group of control pigs invented religions, hung and burned millions of people for not believing

What's your evidence of that? Who "hung and burned millions of people"? 'Cause neither the Catholic nor Protestant churches did.

You believe in alien conspiracy theories, but criticize someone for having faith in God? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black

Here you go. University published paper:

"From the birth of Popery in 606 to the present time, it is estimated by careful and credible historians, that more than fifty millions of the human family, have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy by popish persecutors, an average of more than forty thousand religious murders for every year of the existence of popery."

Read this Link

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The real reason the Pope is resigning....

Couldn't resist....

He was too old from day 1, they had to see this coming. My only surprise is that it wasn't sooner.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm

"From the birth of Popery in 606 to the present time, it is estimated by careful and credible historians, that more than fifty millions of the human family, have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy by popish persecutors, an average of more than forty thousand religious murders for every year of the existence of popery."

Yes, I've seen that.

What you don't seem to realize is that:
  1. It's not a "University published paper", it's a paper written by someone at a university
  2. Said someone is a professor of Computer Science, not history
  3. Said someone is also a noted Creationist, so isn't really an unbiased source
  4. If you actually read it, you'd know that said paper is actually a debunking of the more ridiculous claims of "Papal body counts" -- the quote you've listed there is actually one of the ones that he refutes
There are actual historians who have done extensive research into the Spanish and Roman Inquisitions, using the "secret Vatican documents" which were released a while back, and the extremely well documented evidence (the Inquisitions were court trials, and meticulous documents were kept) shows that the actual number of executions were less than 10,000 and probably less than 5,000.

Would suggest you go back to your UFO conspiracies... you're out of your league here.

edit on 15-2-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Ya OK, you are the authority on Religious death counts eh?

You are not changing my mind or convincing me of anything other than the church is for fools. Have a great day. Don't waste your finger energy typing more rubbish please.

Perhaps your fragile mind just cant take the truth. It is truth nonetheless. The church you have faith in has killed millions. Good day.

edit on 15-2-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Ya OK, you are the authority on Religious death counts eh?

No, just someone who understands history, has the sense to differentiate between facts and propaganda, and prefers the former to the latter.

You are not changing my mind or convincing me of anything other than the church is for fools.

I don't expect to change your mind, just to demonstrate to anyone who reads your posts that you're wrong, that you make foolish statements that are unsubstantiated by evidence, and when presented with said facts, plug your ears and refuse to listen.

I can just imagine the veracity of your arguments as regards Obama being a Reptilian or other such similar nonsense

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

wormwood is a character
out of a C. S. Lewis book.

the nephew of the devil.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Also a paper published on a University website by a Professor is a University published paper that holds more credit than some argumentative little doggy guy on ATS.

In addition, you can quit trying to belittle me with UFO conspiracy crap as well. I do not claim any Alien beliefs, I like the possibilities and reading about ancient history and the possibility of aliens intrigues me.

Believing in that church is gullible. That is my opinion after a long life. Do you give the church 10% of your income like other gullible fools? DO you consider it your duty to try and refute facts about religion? YES FACTS. You look ridiculous claiming the church did not kill millions.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

wormwood is a character
out of a C. S. Lewis book.

the nephew of the devil.

Wormwood is also the demon in Dante's Inferno, it is a plant from which Absinthe is made and it is the Russian word for Chernobyl among other things.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Also a paper published on a University website by a Professor is a University published paper that holds more credit than some argumentative little doggy guy on ATS.

As I pointed out, you cited a paper written by a computer science professor, not a professor of history, and it debunks the "Catholics burned millions" claims you're making. And actual historians who review facts, not 19th Century religious propaganda, differ significantly even from that guy's "findings".

Pay attention next time.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yes, I've seen that.

What you don't seem to realize is that:
  1. It's not a "University published paper", it's a paper written by someone at a university
  2. Said someone is a professor of Computer Science, not history
  3. Said someone is also a noted Creationist, so isn't really an unbiased source
  4. If you actually read it, you'd know that said paper is actually a debunking of the more ridiculous claims of "Papal body counts" -- the quote you've listed there is actually one of the ones that he refutes
There are actual historians who have done extensive research into the Spanish and Roman Inquisitions, using the "secret Vatican documents" which were released a while back, and the extremely well documented evidence (the Inquisitions were court trials, and meticulous documents were kept) shows that the actual number of executions were less than 10,000 and probably less than 5,000.

Would suggest you go back to your UFO conspiracies... you're out of your league here.

edit on 15-2-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

your post 4 posts earlier than this quote stated no killings happened, now you're claiming only 5000 to 10000. Make up your mind. imo it looks like you have just disproved your own argument.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that, if you follow the link in the original post, you find that the group involved has close links with Alfred Labremont Webre and Exopolitics.

So, I guess this is two self-important fantasists supporting each other.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

\

Here, I'll tell you what adjensen. I love a good debate but whether you like it or not the church has killed millions.
Here please take 10 minutes of your life, may change you forever, to watch the basis for your religion get totally blown out of the water! 10 minutes and you will see the foundation for all you have been taught in church blown to smithereens. There are 3 parts you can watch in sequence that pertain to this discussion.
Here is Part 1

..and I'll finish up with a little piece by George Carlin that will make you feel all warm and tingly inside.

Warm regards

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Zeitgeist?

Seriously?

We had fun ripping that apart several years ago: www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Spoiler alert: it's complete bollocks
)

I even did my own thread on the real purpose of the film: Zeitgeist as a propaganda tool for a New World Order

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join