It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEAL Who Killed Bin Laden Left in Poverty: No Pension, Healthcare or Protection!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

I forgot to mention that, when youre getting ready to get out of the military, you go thru Transition Assistance, they help you build your resume based on your military skills, plus they have job fairs every few months on post, to check out potential civillian and govt jobs. there are ALOT of sources of employment out there for separating veterans

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Read more about the guy here:

When we entered the main building, there was a hallway with rooms off to the side. Dead ahead is the door to go upstairs. There were women screaming downstairs. They saw the others get shot, so they were upset. I saw a girl, about five, crying in the corner, first room on the right as we were going in.

I went, picked her up, and brought her to another woman in the room on the left so she didn't have to be just with us. She seemed too out of it to be scared. There had to be fifteen people downstairs, all sleeping together in that one room. Two dead bodies were also in there.

Normally, the SEALs have a support or communications guy who watches the women and children. But this was a pared-down mission intended strictly for an assault, without that extra help. We didn't really have anyone that could stay back. So we're looking down the hallway at the door to the stairwell. I figured this was the only door to get upstairs, which means the people upstairs can't get down.

If there had been another way up, we would have found it by then. We were at a standstill on the ground floor, waiting for the breacher to do his work. We'd always assumed we'd be surrounded at some point. You see the videos of him walking around and he's got all those jihadis.

But they weren't prepared. They got all complacent. The guys that could shoot shot, but we were on top of them so fast. Read more: Man Who Killed Osama Bin Laden - Treatment of Veteran Who Shot bin Laden - Esquire www.esquire.com...

the bin laden kill

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Hey, why hasn't anyone posted this guy "mentioned" on the Today show yet?

Why hasn't this guy gotten movie star type of TV attention if he did what he supposedly did?
He has to remain silent and private civilian life after that? Why? Shouldn't he be able to "cash in" on his fame more than Snooki or the Kardashians? This isn't unfair to a supposed "real hero"?

Come on.... what "really happened" to me, is about as real as this video of "what really happened."

At 0:35 - 1:15

The most wanted man in US history had "no resistance" to US forces? No security?
Not even slightly suspicious to most of you OS patriots, huh? If they said that's how it was, then that's how it was. End of discussion.

OK, have fun with that.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

We don't want to expand government to baby sit all these guys. He is one of the "takers" you heard Romney complaining about and that Ayn Rand wants to cut lose

He has as much opportunity as the next guy - that is the beauty of our country, anyone can find success. He didn't find his niche yet but surely he can find something he CAN SELL. America is all about the money and until he builds a useless item to be sold at Walmart he can work at Walmarts. He still won't have health care but at least he'll have a job.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

We don't want to expand government to baby sit all these guys. He is one of the "takers" you heard Romney complaining about and that Ayn Rand wants to cut lose

how is he a taker???

if ANYTHING, the govt TOOK some of his health, so as far as i am concerned, hes entitled to TAKE some health care and compensation back

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

Surely people don't believe that Seal Team 6 actually killed Bin Laden?

We still do not have a shred of evidence and now we have an 'anonymous' person claiming that he was the one that shot Bin Laden.

More propaganda... zzzzzzzzz....

Though this thread isn't about conspiracy theories related to OBL's death, here's something for those who believe it was a spectacular hoax....

According to another message from the Vinson's public affairs officer, only a small group of the ship's leadership was informed of the burial.

"Traditional procedures for Islamic burial was followed," the May 2 email from Rear Adm. Charles Gaouette reads. "The deceased's body was washed (ablution) then placed in a white sheet. The body was placed in a weighted bag. A military officer read prepared religious remarks, which were translated into Arabic by a native speaker. After the words were complete, the body was placed on a prepared flat board, tipped up, whereupon the deceased's body slid into the sea."

The email also included a cryptic reference to the intense secrecy surrounding the mission. "The paucity of documentary evidence in our possession is a reflection of the emphasis placed on operational security during the execution of this phase of the operation," Gaouette's message reads.

Recipients of the email included Adm. Mike Mullen, then the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Gen. James Mattis, the top officer at U.S. Central Command. Mullen retired from the military in September 2011.

Earlier, Gaouette, then the deputy commander of the Navy's Fifth Fleet, and another officer used code words to discuss whether the helicopters carrying the SEALs and bin Laden's body had arrived on the Vinson.

"Any news on the package for us?" he asked Rear Adm. Samuel Perez, commander of the carrier strike group that included the Vinson.

"FEDEX delivered the package," Perez responded. "Both trucks are safely enroute home base."
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Yep! These admirals and generals were probably playing an on-line video game!!
Modern Warfare 2 ??

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
As the government fronted mouthpiece and shill for a faceless, nameless fictional character known only as "the shooter," Philip Bronstein is nothing but a pure fantasy spinner. The story is a propaganda invention meant to prop up another already faltering Osama Bin Laden fable, (there are many) and to lend credibility to the false notion that OBL was actually taken out by this mysteriously secret 'shooter' referred to here. I am not surprised though that many have fallen for the ruse.

I also wonder how many believe the story that has 22 men from SEAL Team 6 killed in one fell swoop in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan along with several other mysterious deaths and disappearances of members of the elite group.

BTW - IF and I really mean IF the story were true - which it is NOT - but if it were then the mystery killer should be brought up on charges, because the scene and the action within it did NOT call for an outright assassination/murder. Since the the victim showed NO armed resistance then it was a WAR CRIME and the shooter should have been subjected a military court martial.
edit on 12-2-2013 by EequalsMC3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

He has as much opportunity as the next guy - that is the beauty of our country, anyone can find success. He didn't find his niche yet but surely he can find something he CAN SELL. America is all about the money and until he builds a useless item to be sold at Walmart he can work at Walmarts. He still won't have health care but at least he'll have a job.

The Bin Laden conspiracy aside, if you managed to kill someone who killed zillions of people and may continue to kill more in the future, don't you think you should be thanked somehow?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Neglecting heroes is just a small symptom of the overall decline in education and knowledge.

Yep. And it is a sign of an entitlement society run crazy. People think they are entitled to heroes giving up their lives for them. They are used to things .. including heroes .. being handed to them. It's sad.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Why did he got out 36 months before retirement? That's what I'd like to know, if he didn't do the full 20 to retire, thn he doesn't deserve a retirement package.
I'm a veteran myself and I support fellow vets 100%, but why did he get out early?
If he got hurt and it's service connected, then he's entitled to file for VA disability

ETA:

But the Shooter is fighting – financially, physically and emotionally. With a body full of scars, arthritis, tendonitis, eye damage and blown disks, the SEAL is in desperate need of medical care.

Yup, he should file for VA disability
edit on 2/12/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

That was my thought. Why get out at 17 years when you get full retirement at 20? As a SEAL, I'm willing to bet that he had enough physical problems to get a full medical retirement at 17 years any way. I can gurantee, based on how much SEALs punish their bodies, he'd have enough service related problems (hearing loss, back pain, knee and shoulder pain, PTSD, TBI, etc) to add up to a full retirement. If he made it to 18 years and they started working him up, he would have made it to 20 on light duty the rest of the way without having to go out and do SEAL things any way.

Something does not make sense to me.

On the other hand, maybe he just got sick and tired of being sick and tired and simply bailed instead of going through the process.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by diqiushiwojia

Originally posted by newcovenant

The Bin Laden conspiracy aside, if you managed to kill someone who killed zillions of people and may continue to kill more in the future, don't you think you should be thanked somehow?

IMHO, the team should have been able to divide up the $25 million bounty on Bin Ladin's head.

Article on bounty

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
After 17 years, he retired because it wasn't as exciting as it use to be. Yeah, you were three years out. This is on his head. If the government spends 20 million dollars on you, they'll get their money's worth.

If he wants money, there are a lot of PMCs out there, hell, he could even go CIA .. wait he can't keep his mouth shut. If he hasn't realized that the military eats you up, and spits you out like a stick of fruit juice, I don't see how he lasted 17 years dealing with their BS.

----

Personally, I think the force size in regards to ground pounders should be reduced to 100,000. 100,000 top of he line military men, gear, technology, training, and weapons. Send all that money supporting the 1.3 million troops into research and gearing 100,000 elite fighting men and superiority technology.

Large armies are out dated and inefficient. Small but highly trained, technical, and equipped ground force with a highly advanced technological navy and air force is all you need.

I don't care if China has a 200 million man army or not, if you can't defeat our navy or air force, that 200 million man army are going to die like ants. Starvation, disease, desertion, and KIAs.

Oh, and reduce retirement to 10 years, but also require a 8 year commitment, active, and two years inactive. Honestly, the integrity of the men and women in the military is appalling. Give us 100,000 good men instead of one million thugs. I am noticing more and more gang activity, stealing, doping, missing equipment, disrespect, fraternization, and dangerous pride.
edit on 12-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelSF

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

Surely people don't believe that Seal Team 6 actually killed Bin Laden?

We still do not have a shred of evidence and now we have an 'anonymous' person claiming that he was the one that shot Bin Laden.

More propaganda... zzzzzzzzz....

Really? Then who killed Bin Laden? The Martians? Wake up and smell the coffee so you start thinking straight.

Your logic is so convoluted it isn't even funny. I know this is a conspiracy forum but that doesn't mean you post trash!

Bin Laden died of natural causes YEARS ago. The raid we were told about that allegedly resulted in his "killing" was completely made up for poltical purposes. Not that he needed killing anyway, as he had ZERO to do with 9/11. I'm stunned that people still believe this.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Bin died years ago now stop believing whatever the government tells you..... FFS. And no, I don't care about this guy since he's just faking it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

I bet he's under watch for being a possible treat to national security.

That misspelling makes the sentence sound better than with the proper spelling, any excuse for the DHS and NSA to monitor someone is a treat to them.

I don't know about the U.S, but down under we have the department of veterans affairs. Is there a similar office in the states? A neighbour of mine is a vet who suffers from PTSD, and he was taken care of. Maybe this SEAL should look into that.

But that shouldn't be an issue. Killing Bin laden helped Obama get re-elected, and he'll get a big fat pension due to it, and yet the ones that actually do the dirty work are neglected. It's disgusting.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Know what I thought of when I read this article?

Dance puppets! Dance!

This is complete nonsense- and what I mean by that has nothing to do with the "How dare this guy be left broke!" BS that so many will say on this issue.

This is meant to tick people off and it shouldn't.

This guy quit his job. He did not stay long enough to get a pension. To get a pension, he would have had to serve 20 years. He served for 15.

So who's fault is it that he quit?

He made a choice to stop serving. It was his choice to make. I am sure he knew full well what the consequences would be if he quit his job. So what is he upset about? I don't care what job you have- if you are required to work 20 years to get a pension, you can not expect to get it after 15 years when you quit.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless
Bin died years ago now stop believing whatever the government tells you..... FFS. And no, I don't care about this guy since he's just faking it.

Faking it? Ever had PTSD?
You know nothing about combat or service related injuries, you sit behind your computer and armchair quarterback about someone's ailments.
Go visit a local VA hospital and tell me they're faking it

You fail

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Let me see him for myself and we'll see but as it stands, I don't believe w/e he's selling. As far I can tell, he's being paid to lie out of his ass about Bin. Who cares about the actual story, you want to look for the underlying agenda.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNutjob

Surely people don't believe that Seal Team 6 actually killed Bin Laden? We still do not have a shred of evidence and now we have an 'anonymous' person claiming that he was the one that shot Bin Laden.

And yet people believe that he died of natural causes years ago, there's no evidence for that either.

As far as I'm concerned he's living in a box with Schrodinger's cat.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
On the other hand, maybe he just got sick and tired of being sick and tired and simply bailed instead of going through the process.

Doc, we all know how this works - he made his choice and being a Senior NCO he knew the stakes. He is not some stupid kid.

I salute the man for his role in the defense of our nation and his role in a major operation. I feel for him personally, as a former member of the Special Operations Community I know joint degeneration and its associated pain are the end result of a life hard lived. He has put in his VA claim which will likely pay off for him with a 50% or better rating, that will entitle him to all kinds of retraining opportunities and special incentives for hireling etc. As he has said though he really doesn’t want t a job working with a PMC doing the same thing all over again. So he has to accept that if he is going to look outside his well developed skills set he has to lower his sights and likely start all over in another profession.

Regarding his “retirement” – that is the problem, he is not retired he just didn’t reenlist after his last term of service. That was his option, his choice. He faced the same choice that all mid to late career servicemen and women face at some point in their careers. To stay with something that you might not feel the passion for any longer or accept a less meaningful “desk or instructor” type position so that you can get your retirement benefits or leave with nothing for a chance at doing something else while you are still young enough to do so. He was burned out – I get that trust me. There are a million and one options for him to have ridden out his last 4 years. He could have had his pick of postings if the Navy works at all like the Army. Hell, they made up a position for me after I got hurt (broke my neck on a jump) so I could stay until I got better.

People bent over backwards with exceptions to policy and all sorts of Command interventions to ensure I could stay.

For him to make his choice then claim the military left him “high and dry” is a little disingenuous and IMO kind of dick move. He was a highly trained operator and a Senior NCO, he knows by that time how the system works. He is not some kid faced with an uninformed choice.

He alone chose to let his term of service expire before meeting the threshold for benefits. I really don’t feel all that sorry for him. Regarding the “specialness” of his contributions being a SEAL and all. That is nice and he was compensated IAW military policy for the risks he took through his combat pay, hazard pay for SCUBA and HALO and language pay for that too.

We are all servicemen and our retirement rules are the same for a Finance Clerk and a SEAL (Doctors and Lawyers too
) – period, which is as it should be. No part of the machine of war is less important than the other. No one part could function without the support and dedication of the rest. Sure some are more sexy, but not more important.

All that said; I very much dislike the “all or nothing” system of retirement we currently have. I’d rather see a matching 401K or a situation in which at some point – say the third enlistment or, 10 years one would be vested and get a reduced amount, at least something for their service. Congressmen and Senators get a retirement after one or two terms albeit a reduced amount. If it's good enough for them it's good enough for us.

However, those are not the current rules. So either you either put on the big girl panties and stick it out, eat some crow and humble pie and accept a lower tier (tell war stories to tranees or whatever) position and finish the 20 or leave. He'd be an awsome instructor at any school in the Navy I would imagine.

It’s a personal choice. To stay for 16 then blame the system is kind of a dick move IMO. He knew the rules and the system each time he reenlisted.

Now about the protection for his family – that is where the whole “silent professionals” motto part comes into play.

I don’t know the circumstances that lead to his real identity being linked to this operation but if it was his doing (in a book or like this interview for instance) then he is the one who put his family at risk.

If it was some lapse of security or breach on the part of the government then they need to pony up and make amends by disappearing him and his family into some sanitization program. (Like witness protection.) After which he needs to shut his hole and drive on like Jon Doe.

I say its's bad form to make the whole system look bad because he woke up one day and realized he made a rash decision based on emotion and regrets it....

edit on 12/2/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join