It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: North Korea Promises 'All-Out, High-Intensity' Action

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

CNN updated 9:58 PM EST, Mon February 11, 2013

the party leadership promised to "stage a high-intensity, all-out action, and maximize its preparation ... so that just after an order is issued, we can destroy and sweep America and the South Korean puppet army, and achieve the historic achievement of reunified Korea."

www.cnn.com...

Thee most intense words/promises coming out of little Un's mouth. I guess these last few weeks have proven myself wrong, when hoping this kid would be different than his heirs. Hoping see Switzerland for a few yeaers while in School, opened his eyes... Young mind, young heart. Evil.

One mistake and, IMO, SK and US will end this regime and I will be SO grateful
(as long as their is no nuclear fallout)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Yay! More war! The last Korean war worked out so well for the US too!

War what is it good for? Well, making money of course! And lowering populations.

edit on 11-2-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

This is a joke, they are saber rattling with no saber. North Korea is a joke of a country. The only threatened country is to their South. China would squash North Korea if their britches got too big because it would cause instability to China. China does not want all out war on a border country that involves the U.S. again.

This is just that, a joke of a threat as it has been for 50+ years.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hey guys......? Stupid question perhaps, but where is that tumbling North Korean satellite? Did it come back down and burn up and if not? Any idea what orbit it's on?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I remember when Saddam promised "the mother of all battles" too...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Thee most intense words/promises coming out of little Un's mouth

And it will add up to that same intense wind blow'in out his ass. I swear he wants to be a tyrant so bad ! Alas the times being what they are is it so hard to kick back and have yourself an Un-cola !

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Looks like its happening now??

'Artificial' earthquake detected in North Korea - reports

rt.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel

This is a joke, they are saber rattling with no saber. North Korea is a joke of a country. The only threatened country is to their South. China would squash North Korea if their britches got too big because it would cause instability to China. China does not want all out war on a border country that involves the U.S. again.

This is just that, a joke of a threat as it has been for 50+ years.

Some joke, considering it registered a 4.8 on the richter scale. Not sure how explosives register on the scale, but something tells me that whatever created that 4.8 wasn't a firecracker.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
I remember when Saddam promised "the mother of all battles" too...

Or Hamas promising to open the gates of hell just a few months ago.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Since the North does not have the Supercomputing capability to design their Nukes to be 100% able to detonate without testing...they have to test them. Still...these are PRIMATIVE old style circa 1945 Fission Bombs which are too large and too heavy to be placed atop of their current ICBM.

A Nuke as large as this type as far as size would need a MASSIVE rocket to be used as a delivery system. I don't see them having a small warhead or accurate missile for many years.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

L'il Kim just trying to make himself relevant to his own beleagured populace.

'All out high intensity action'

What movie poster did they copy that from.

Still, a nutcase is never to be underestimated, but it is kinda comical.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Some joke, considering it registered a 4.8 on the richter scale. Not sure how explosives register on the scale, but something tells me that whatever created that 4.8 wasn't a firecracker.

The 2006 North Korean nuclear test was the detonation of a nuclear device conducted on October 9, 2006 by North Korea.

The blast is estimated to have had an explosive force of less than one kiloton,

According to Jane's Defence Weekly, "initial and unconfirmed South Korean reports indicate that the test was a fission device with a yield of 0.55 kT ... The figure of 0.55 kT, however, seems too low given the 4.2 register on the Richter scale. This could suggest – depending upon the geological make-up of the test site – a yield of 2–12 kT."[24]

So if 5.1 4.9 then we should have an estimate of what was set off.
edit on 11-2-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

No penetration Depth of 1 kilometer.
Likely just something else to hate the world for.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

The 2006 North Korean nuclear test was the detonation of a nuclear device conducted on October 9, 2006 by North Korea.

The blast is estimated to have had an explosive force of less than one kiloton,

According to Jane's Defence Weekly, "initial and unconfirmed South Korean reports indicate that the test was a fission device with a yield of 0.55 kT ... The figure of 0.55 kT, however, seems too low given the 4.2 register on the Richter scale. This could suggest – depending upon the geological make-up of the test site – a yield of 2–12 kT."[24]

So if 5.1 4.9 then we should have an estimate of what was set off.

Very interesting, if the 4.2 from 2006 was figured in at 2-12kt then this should be in the upper end of that range and maybe a little higher?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Perhaps they will name their newest nuke the "fatboy" after their dear leader... (no offense to anyone on the heavy side)

Will be pretty sad when the missile carrying it malfunctions and drops the warhead on his own house though..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Perhaps they will name their newest nuke the "fatboy" after their dear leader... (no offense to anyone on the heavy side)

Will be pretty sad when the missile carrying it malfunctions and drops the warhead on his own house though..

The US already had the FATMAN, so I highly doubt they would name their weapon to sound inferior.

FATMAN

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Does anyone know of a resource online that shows seismographic data in an up to date format? Or for various regions? I can't seem to get google to understand me.

I don't even know if there is such a thing, I'm sure there would be.

To see the 'quake data and see how it looked. I mean, they obviously can determine where it is and the depth and size so .. am I just reading the usgs site wrong? I know the location, I want to see the actual seismic data.

As mentioned above it would be obvious to tell if it was natural or not. It'd be interesting to keep an eye on.

But I'm having a complete fiendish time trying to find it..

... gah

found seismic data but low and behold, the north korean data for today is not available. hrumph.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Very interesting, if the 4.2 from 2006 was figured in at 2-12kt then this should be in the upper end of that range and maybe a little higher?

I'd assume so, but the wiki article is a little confusing, as the official claim is < 1kT.

I don't see them testing smaller devices however, and as the Richter scale is logarithmic it would likely be a fairly substantial size!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

USGS has it here as 4.9

2006 was a 4.2 you said and upper end of 12kt?
What would this one be? Considerably larger (+20?)

edit on 11-2-2013 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
reply to post by winofiend

USGS has it here as 4.9

2006 was a 4.2 you said and upper end of 12kt?
What would this one be? Considerably larger (+20?)

edit on 11-2-2013 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

I mean data more like listed here;
earthquake.usgs.gov...

which shows the waveform of the data. But I cannot find anything like this for this event.

I honestly wouldn't know what it would have been at 4.9. around 20 would be close I'd guess, seeing as a 5 is 10 times more than a 4.

crap.. O.o

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join