It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: North Korea Promises 'All-Out, High-Intensity' Action

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
This is how I see it al going down!

More sanctions imposed,

North Korea reacts by using its newly acquired nuke capability by striking S.Korea,

U.S and Co move in and take Un down.

To be honest with you, I thought North Korea might have taken the opportunity to make their third test a real life play...To attack S.Korea that is, let's face it no-one would have seen it coming.

Sure the test was small fry, but it would hurt a bit if he launched one out of anger towards further sanctions.

Flame away folks!

if they're going to use a nuke, they would use it on a strategic target, such as a large nuclear plant, which would maximize global damage. the fallout from such an event could become an ELE quickly. could you imagine the devastation if they nuked Fukushima? that would wipe out the US first with years of fall out.

i take this very seriously, not because they have the biggest nor most nukes, but that 1 small nuke can easily take out the world if it's delivered to the right place, as any scientist could tell you.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

CNN updated 9:58 PM EST, Mon February 11, 2013

the party leadership promised to "stage a high-intensity, all-out action, and maximize its preparation ... so that just after an order is issued, we can destroy and sweep America and the South Korean puppet army, and achieve the historic achievement of reunified Korea."

www.cnn.com...

Thee most intense words/promises coming out of little Un's mouth. I guess these last few weeks have proven myself wrong, when hoping this kid would be different than his heirs. Hoping see Switzerland for a few yeaers while in School, opened his eyes... Young mind, young heart. Evil.

One mistake and, IMO, SK and US will end this regime and I will be SO grateful
(as long as their is no nuclear fallout)

I don't blame Kim Jong Un, do you really think this one man is really running things?

I believe It's the generals, the only reason Kim is still around is because getting rid of him would either have the people up in arms, or create uncertainty among the people. Best to keep the regime the population is used to, and take control behind the scenes.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Ah yes, that's what we need more of these comments, just shows how much ignorance is denied inhere.
Each country should have the right to have nukes or none should have them.

If every country would have a nuke you wouldn't see all this testosterone. In fact most of these unstable country's are being made unstable for a reason. And yet some of us keep thinking that we can act as judge.

I would love to see your neighbor walk up to your door and tell you you should clean up your garden. Ha

So what your saying is a country where the party leadership is quoted by saying "we'll stage a high-intensity, all-out action, and maximise preparation... so that just after an order is issued, we can destroy and sweep America and the South Korean puppet army, and achieve the historic achievement of reunified Korea"... should be trusted with nuclear weapons? Because I don't agree...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I don't really understand the empty rhetoric being employed regarding North Korea. Did we not start the entire Iraq war simply because Saddam had weapons of mass destruction (allegedly)? And yet we know for a fact that the DPRK has nuclear weapons....yet we aren't invading them. Why not? Most curious indeed.

*Note: I am not at all advocating war in any way, shape, or form. Merely pointing out blaring hypocritical actions/inaction by the U.S.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
I don't really understand the empty rhetoric being employed regarding North Korea. Did we not start the entire Iraq war simply because Saddam had weapons of mass destruction (allegedly)? And yet we know for a fact that the DPRK has nuclear weapons....yet we aren't invading them. Why not? Most curious indeed.

*Note: I am not at all advocating war in any way, shape, or form. Merely pointing out blaring hypocritical actions/inaction by the U.S.

It may seem hypocritical, but the reality is that there is no military option against NK. Iraq was a piece of cake and well within the means of the US military. Attacking NK would unleash hell. Trust me, within hours of any strike on their nuclear sites there would be tens of thousands of dead South Koreans and US soldiers in SK. If it dragged on the death-toll would be colossal. All we can realistically do is wag our finger at them and hope they go away at some point. That's obviously pretty far from an ideal solution, but infinitely preferable to the bloodbath of a military confrontation over there.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Iraq was invaded becos they lacked the bombs, not because they were trying to build a bomb.If Saddam was smart enough to have the bombs before the Kuwait's invasion, things would be much different, there wouldn't be a coalition of the willings.He will still keeps his head and gives you the fingers like what lil' Kim just did.Kim sr, was smarter in that he let USA know that he has the capability to kill a lot of your people that are station in SK and Japan.

Possessing atomic bombs are the ultimate deterrent to a pest named USA..
The next test just might be a thermonuclear one to up the ante.

Where are all the boastful conjectures that the USA is purportedly having satellites that are er..... highly technological that can even sniff out an atomic bomb through its gamma rays emissions ?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Pyongyang, has been built on a ruin, and before that ruin, other ruins of war torn cities.. Just a matter of time, for pyongang, to become a ruin, and along with it, OTHER CITIES SHALL BECOME ruins..

This is not rocket science...

No matter how high the streams of media pour out with there bullcrap saying this or that, and playing down the battle of wits being fought day to day with armies of men, we will see this theater in war..

As long as countries develope nuclear weapons like North Korea, what does that tell you?

If you asked a 6 year old why police officers carry guns, he will say to keep us safe etc.

from the bad guys. Ask a 6 year old why a bad guy has a gun, to try and hurt etc.

This is nature, its not rocket science here, north Korea, is just preparing just like china, Russia, USA, South Korea, etc.

No one knows when this is going to go down, but its not rocket science... This is a form of cold war between north and south Korea.. Who knows maybe diplomacy will work, but there seems to be something in the north Korean psyche that western societies do not, that distinguish logic...

in order to understand western civilization as of the last 5 or so years I have had to lower my standards significantly, just to get a grasp of its centrifuge of thought to see what it thinks is important, if history could give us answers it would point to a time just before September 4, 476..

I believe history will repeat itself to a point....

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I highly doubt they have the ability to build such a compact warhead.

Their Nukes are very large.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
*North Korea* WE KIRR YOU!!! *lobs rock across border* America uses the F22 To launch missiles from 300 miles away detroying the entire country without ever being near it. Anyways, we are at war with North Korea by the way. Have been for years. There was never a treaty or anything of that sort. Only a cease fire. I joined the USAF shortly after the Iraq war had ended, yet received a metal for joining in a time a war. Upon asking my CO why I had gotten this medal, I was told we were still in a declared war with North Korea AND a declared war on drugs. Yes thats a real war.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

******************************Here ya go !****************

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

A nuclear attack on a single nuclear facility wouldn't be anywhere close to an ELE. It would be bad for the people nearby and may increase overall cancer and birth defect rates for those in the fallout zone. but it would be no worse than Hiroshima or Chenobyl - people continued to live and prosper on the ruins of Hiroshima, despite the increased radiation and disease rates.

It does seem like some can can a little over-excited around these parts....

As for the actual NK test, they did say they now have a smaller device than previously, so they are working towards the end goal of mounting it on one of their rockets.

Now, I know some have laughed at NK and it's capabilities, but it has a massive, brain-washed army with thousands of artillery pieces aimed at Seoul. Whether or not the US could smack them down, it is no laughing matter for the millions in SK before any counter-attack can be mustered against the North... Just bear that in mind...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Ahhh, lest we forget...Iraq has oil.

NK has...desolation and a starving populous who eat sticks, bugs and rocks.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Is there actual recording of this?

I would rather hear the words than just believe what is written!!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Please, how many times you have to be fooled by CNN to stop trusting their content?

It would be much better to go directly to the source which is KCNA, the only NK [Government] News website:

www.kcna.kp...

Click on the title: DPRK Will Defend Security and Sovereignty of Nation to Last: KCNA Commentary

The U.S. and its allies are vociferating about international "reaction", again taking issue with the DPRK's underground nuclear test as a "provocation".
With no desperate efforts can the U.S. shake the faith and will of the army and people of the DPRK and their resolution to wage a battle against the U.S. and wipe out enemies.
The DPRK will firmly defend the security and sovereignty of the country and nation from the U.S. hostile policy and arbitrary practices.

I would say that this particular story is real...
edit on 13-2-2013 by Patifier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
seems lil kimmy has a woody for the U.S. , not a good thing.
This could turn out bad real fast.

many make fun of them and write them off, but as determined as they are,
they could do some real harm to the u.s. if they truly wanted.
Granted odds of a ICBM with a nuke warhead is slim, but there is more
than one way to get the job done.

What was that saying... something about necessity and invention....
throw a little anger and determination in there, and things could go a lot further than
most think.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Yes, I agree. I think this guy is living out his last days right now. What the heck is he thinking? Just because they have a couple of old fashioned rockets doesn't mean we don't a whole lot more than them. I guarantee that we will all wake up in the morning in the next few months to find out that the shot off a rocket-either us or China blew it up 5 feet off the ground and NK seems to be missing off the map because we HAARPooned them into the ocean.

Why is this guy an vil leader? Another tyrant starving his own people. They need a real leader. What is starting a war going to do other than destroy your own country? It's not like they can even think about invading the U.S. All they can do is shoot missiles over the ocean. I thought he wanted peace, and help rebuilding his land, but if I were a psychologist I would say he is just simply crazy. Cause he is probably starving too.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by Eavel

This is a joke, they are saber rattling with no saber. North Korea is a joke of a country. The only threatened country is to their South. China would squash North Korea if their britches got too big because it would cause instability to China. China does not want all out war on a border country that involves the U.S. again.

This is just that, a joke of a threat as it has been for 50+ years.

Some joke, considering it registered a 4.8 on the richter scale. Not sure how explosives register on the scale, but something tells me that whatever created that 4.8 wasn't a firecracker.

Practicing their nuclear ambitions on their own soil, poisoning their own people will not cause a war. they have ZERO ability to utilize the nuke other than trying to walk it across a border.

Also, there is no proof, I am still suspicious as there was no radiation monitoring going on, or we never heard anything. Enough TNT can cause that if you pack it tight enough and large enough.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Awww.. poor NK has not been in the world spot light latley and trying to get some attention. poor guys.. glad you gave it to them

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel
Practicing their nuclear ambitions on their own soil, poisoning their own people will not cause a war. they have ZERO ability to utilize the nuke other than trying to walk it across a border.

NOT true.

They are developing LARGER missiles (ie. the one that launched their satellite 2 weeks ago) and SMALLER Nuclear Weapons (this is why this one registered so low they suspect)

Every country whom developed Nuclear weapons has done the same thing as far back as the 40's.

THIS IS 70 YEAR OLD TECHNOLOGY.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
they seem to have made progress in keeping their secrets secret, was it fusion or fission? We might never now till they use one www.news.com.au... from the link

While seismic data was able to shed light on the likely yield of the underground test - estimated at 6-7 kilotons - the main hunt was for elusive radioisotopes that might confirm the type of fissile material that was used.

Experts are particularly keen to establish whether the North switched from plutonium - used in the 2006 and 2009 tests - to a new and self-sustaining nuclear weaponisation program using highly enriched uranium.

The South's state-run Nuclear Safety and Security Commission said Thursday it had analysed eight atmospheric samples apparently collected by warships and air force planes equipped with highly sensitive detection devices.

"No radioactive isotope has been found yet," the commission said in a statement.
or the US mil knows and is not saying. should note others say the test was in a 10kt to 15 kt will be keeping an eye on this for the next few days, it still might come to light.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join