It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kkk rally in Memphis, TN

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

"A purported leader of a Tennessee-based branch of the Ku Klux Klan is calling for the “largest rally” Memphis has ever seen, WMCTV reports. The “Exalted Cyclops,” who also likes to be called “Edward,” is furious after the Memphis City Council voted to re-christen three city parks that were named in honor of slave-owning leaders of the Confederacy. Members of the council want the city to move forward from the racial tensions that have plagued it in the past".
Little snippet from article.

I sure hope I'm doing this right. I just wanted to share what's going on near my hometown.

This sure makes me sad. Memphis, TN was where I was born and raised. I no longer live there but am very near.
I found out about this rally today and wanted to share, I didn't see anything on the search, please don't shoot the messenger.

I will say that racial tension is still very ramped in and around Memphis, TN.
Martin Luther King Jr. tried to stand up to this racial tension and tried to conquer it but got shot down for this.

Memphis, TN is still very divided. I see it, and I feel it. That is why it makes me sad.

I don't understand why we all can't just get along for real. Everywhere I go I put on my smile for the day.

Racial tension still soars high in the inner city. I will try and link a few more sources.

I DO NOT agree with this rally. I am actually terribly scared for this rally to happen. Memphis, TN is majority black. The city wants to change the names of some parks. These names include people that owned slaves.

There is no reason for this rally, except the kkk don't want the names of the parks changed.
If you read the article you will find that the park of the first grand wizard of the kkk which was Nathan Bedford Forrest, will be changed. He is known for massacring black soldiers during the civil war.

So many conspiracies fly in and out. What about the kkk?

First thread so super nervous...I usually only write poetry. I found this rally very disturbing to say the least.www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 11-2-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

Update already! Today it has been stated that the renaming of the parks was going to be disallowed but under the TN state legislature it is allowed to retain their new names.
www.inquisitr.com...

www.abc24.com...
This news article just came out I do believe 3 hours ago.
The Memphis police department has to protect the kkk even though the head of the department doesn't agree with what the kkk stands for.

edit on Mon Feb 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: added tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I don't understand why don't all the black people just go down there and kill all the kkk members since they outnumber then and then they dont have to worry about them anymore.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

you wanna do one of these.

"A purported leader of a Tennessee-based branch of the Ku Klux Klan is calling for the “largest rally” Memphis has ever seen, WMCTV reports. The “Exalted Cyclops,” who also likes to be called “Edward,” is furious after the Memphis City Council voted to re-christen three city parks that were named in honor of slave-owning leaders of the Confederacy. Members of the council want the city to move forward from the racial tensions that have plagued it in the past"

click the ex-text tab and paste your content there.

and then you want to copy the link to your article and paste it in the link space after you click link,

at least thats how most do it.

kkk are weird why do they get dressed up in robes to be racist? you can be racists without a robe.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

That wouldn't help anything.

More violence is not the answer.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Thanks for trying to help me out, but I promise, when I looked at your post and your trying to explain computer stuff, my eyes glaze over... Sorry... I'm so ignorant when it comes to computers.

Yes kkk are quite strange, a cult? They call themselves wizards....hmmm

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
I don't understand why don't all the black people just go down there and kill all the kkk members since they outnumber then and then they dont have to worry about them anymore.

Yea.. How about a mob of white people go to polling places and kill all the New Black Panther Members the next time they show up to intimidate voters?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I used to go to Memphis every Friday, as part of my prior job. I know the area inside and out. All I have to say is that if the KKK marches there, they need to put in on PPV because it's going to be hilarious and we'll all get to see how fast guys in robes can actually run when their lives depend upon it.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Unfortunately when people look different or act different you will have one side thinking they are better than the other.

Here is a link to an experiment done by a very courageous teacher in order to give a lesson about racism. Its the blue-eyed, brown-eyed experiment and you can see how this happens in our culture.

www.pbs.org...

There is not a lot you can do to change the world or even your city but you can control how you think and influence your children or those close to you to not buy into this hate.

Hopefully one day we will outnumber those that think like this.

We can only do what we can do.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is when I think the earth needs a 4 mile wide meteor to hit and destroy humanity.

Colour is skin deep. When will we be able to look beyond that?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
This is when I think the earth needs a 4 mile wide meteor to hit and destroy humanity.

Colour is skin deep. When will we be able to look beyond that?

I don't like your first sentence but I love your second line.

I know you might be explaining how bad racial tension is in this world with your first line. I feel you...but destroying it wouldn't help....IMO.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Thank you for that link my friend.

Peace needs to increase now.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I used to go to Memphis every Friday, as part of my prior job. I know the area inside and out. All I have to say is that if the KKK marches there, they need to put in on PPV because it's going to be hilarious and we'll all get to see how fast guys in robes can actually run when their lives depend upon it.

I don't know. I don't think these guys are gonna be touched, they are protected. IMO

It sure would be lovely if a group stood in silence against the hate. Just my thoughts...

Fueling hate only makes it worse..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

If they do march or rally they will be protected, at our expense. I live in Georgia and on the rare occasion that the Klan dares to do anything in public here the reality ends up being maybe 20 Klansmen and supporters being protected by 200 or 300 cops.

Though, to be honest, I can't remember the last time that they did anything public here. If I had to venture a guess, I'd have to say a decade or longer.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I've never in my life seen a real march.

I never wanted to either.

Full of hate and very dreadful sounding. The last one here in Memphis didn't end well.

I just don't want to see that.

I was in 8th grade, the last 'big' march took place. 1998... I do believe ... Not sure. Maybe I should do more research before spouting off.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

and this sh8t still goes on ,,just listen to the track kkk bitch by ice t ,
now im happy

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
But it's ok for the NBBP to rally and preach about death to white babies? Does anyone else see the hypocrosy?(sp?)
edit on 11-2-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Rather than relying on the media hype & politically motivated rhetoric, why not access some genuine history & find out the truth? The source of these webpages is the Indiana Historical Society. (Information about the Indiana Historical Society from Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org...)

www.kkklan.com...

www.kkklan.com...

General information

www.kkklan.com

Archive.org has several books written about the Klan in the early 20th Century. Birth of A Nation is available online as well.

What has been omitted and revised from school history classes (including university) is *far* from the reality of the Reconstruction. There is a reason why the second generation Klan was so popular, and it *wasn't* "racism".

As a Southerner, I'm sick of hearing it. There was *no* excuse for the actions of the Memphis city council renaming these parks. And there's no excuse for the growing demonization of an entire segment of the country- an entire unique culture, by the left. They can try to conceal history all they want to, but they can never change it, no matter what lies they tell or how they spin it.

(ps to anyone interested in the truth, When you're done with that, check out the abolitionist movement- Harriet Beecher Stowe, her father, brother, & their associates. You will find a great deal more that is familiar than opposition to slavery.)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Businesses don't have to shut down early or shut down completely when there is a klan rally. Food for thought.
As long as their not preaching hate but preservation i see nothing wrong with it. Other races are allowed to go on about racial preservation so I ask this, why the double standard?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
This happened in my area about twelve years ago.

We were told the KKK had a right to peacefully assemble. Then the officer winked and said, "So do you."

We organized a protest. All along the "parade" route, the KKK were eat with silence and placards about equality and love. We didn't speak a word, even when they called us names.

At the end of the parade, the leader planned to have a speech. When he got there, no one was in the audience.

Hasn't been another parade since.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Divide and conquer.

As the powers manufacture division between differing races, sexes, countries, democrats, republicans, conservatives, liberals, etc, ignorant crap like this will continue to happen.

It's not entirely news to me, though. I live in Tennessee, and I'm related to the Maples family, big branch of the KKK. Don't get me wrong, I'm not racist, I've never even met them before... but I've seen em around a little bit. I don't live near Memphis, though. Different area.

Point being, its sad that ignorance captures everyone's attention, hope, will, and aspirations before anything truly worthwhile has a chance to.

If this kind of racial conflict keeps happening, you can bet we will all lose against a tyrannical government.

United we will stand, or divided we will fall.

edit on 12-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join