It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kkk rally in Memphis, TN

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
What people don't understand about the Klan is they are not just about racism. They are about keeping the sovereignty of a people pure.

But keeping the sovereignty of a people "pure" is racial.

Why else would you care about keeping, lets not bs and use real words here, your "race" pure if you didn't think your "race" was superior?

They can shine it all up with the right language, but it is still hate when you look past the BS.

Why would anyone want to make excuses for the KKK, an unnecessary organization with a long history of hate, regardless of how they have now polished up their turd of an agenda?

Should we let the Nazi party reform if they promise to not hate Jews?

edit on 3/26/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Reading your comment reminds me about how the Korean people in North Korea see themselves as pure. I just find it weird because of mixed ancestry and imagine everyone will mix soon. I doubt there will stop being white people or black people. But the older cultures would change and disappear because of the new people being born who would like new customs compared to old traditions. It's history repeating history.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

What people don't understand about the Klan is they are not just about racism. They are about keeping the sovereignty of a people pure.

But keeping the sovereignty of a people "pure" is racial.

Why else would you care about keeping, lets not bs and use real words here, your "race" pure if you didn't think your "race" was superior?

It's not about one race being superior over another, it's about losing heritage and culture and knowledge of ancestry. I'll give you a great example. In 1893 The American Military illegally invaded the sovereign nation of Hawaii. They told the Polynesian Queen if you turn the country over to us, we wont kill your people by the thousands. Of course, they didn't have anything to match the guns ships and bombs of the American invaders, so the Queen fearing for her people, let the Americans do as they will. en.wikipedia.org... Illegal American Overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii

Now, there are very small groups in Hawaii fighting to keep their heritage and culture alive and they are losing the battle. Almost all knowledge of who the Polynesians really were is lost. We have watched this happening over the years with little concern and it's sad. If no one stands up thugs who want to melt everyone together so much without correct preservation (and that wont happen when races get mixed.. things get lost too easily in time) then cultures will be lost. What makes a people who they are will be lost. This should not be allowed to happen.
edit on 26-3-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: corrected date

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

It's not about one race being superior over another, it's about losing heritage and culture and knowledge of ancestry.

I know that is the claim, but it's just BS. It's the KKK trying being politically korrect.

Not wanting to lose their heritage is just PC for 'we don't want to mix with inferior races because whites are superior, and mixing would degrade our superiority'.

Sorry but there is no excuse for hate groups.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

It's not about one race being superior over another, it's about losing heritage and culture and knowledge of ancestry.

I know that is the claim, but it's just BS. It's the KKK trying being politically korrect.

Not wanting to lose their heritage is just PC for 'we don't want to mix with inferior races because whites are superior, and mixing would degrade our superiority'.

Sorry but there is no excuse for hate groups.

In all fairness, do we not have the right to 'hate'?

I think we do; we just do not have the right to harm. As I stated earlier, I am a black woman and am presenting an unbiased viewpoint. This rally is held in opposition to the renaming of the park, not to cause harm to any racial groups.

Take a look at the youtube vid I posted on the previous page to see who committed the violence and hate in the Klan's last rally here in Memphis.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Man i don't get to see these kind of shtz on streets in Canada. It will be fun to watch.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Butter Cookie has some interesting points.

Lets flip the coin. Say a bunch of White European descendant types went down to Africa. They enslaved the people making them work in Diamond mines and were there to stay. Over the years the white boys thought the African women were kinda cute so they started to inter marry. In 50 years time you have a mixed society where the European traditions started to overtake the traditions of the Africans - Furthermore, the white peoples stole the traditional hunting lands from these people so hunting fell behind and the people were forced to buy the white mans goods to survive. They no longer use blow guns and traditional hand made weapons. The crafting of these fell out of the knowledge of the people and is no longer being taught to children. African rain dances, medicine from herbs etc all fell out of use. Even the language in many places is dying. This is really happening in some parts of Africa.

Do these Africans have the right to hate the white men for this? I think so.

The Ku Klux Klan was started just after the Civil War in a attempt to keep ex-slaves, who in many areas were the majority, from voting in self-serving "carpet baggers" into political offices. They were afraid their way of life would be threatened. The writers of History has ingrained into the minds of people that this was done out of a racist or white supremacy stance and it may appear this way on the surface, but this was not the original intentions or goal of the Klan. As with any organization, there will always be people who take the ideals to an extreme but to say that the Klan itself is solely a racist organization is wrong and misleading. People don't want to believe the truth of history to justify their hate for another group when the true history shows they have been mislead. It's too easy to label the Klan as a hate group and run with it without accepting the historical facts and underlying reasons for the Klan's decisions.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
In all fairness, do we not have the right to 'hate'?

Yes you have to a right to hate, but when it crosses the line is when you put that hate into practice, or join an organization based on hate. Do we really want to allow and encourage hate groups? Do you remember the 60's? It wasn't that long ago.

We shouldn't encourage hate by supporting peoples desire to celebrate it with a march. We as a people have come a long way since the 60's, do you want that to be all for nothing?

I think we do; we just do not have the right to harm. As I stated earlier, I am a black woman and am presenting an unbiased viewpoint. This rally is held in opposition to the renaming of the park, not to cause harm to any racial groups.

Take a look at the youtube vid I posted on the previous page to see who committed the violence and hate in the Klan's last rally here in Memphis.

I'm not really interested in why they are marching this time, the KKK brings with it years of hate. I don't blame people who appose the KKK, violently or not, because due to their history you need an ass kicking to ever even think of joining the KKK imo. How many people have the KKK murdered over the years? Is that all forgiven now?
Do they now support minority issues, and hold bake sales to improve race relations?

Let's have a Nazi rally while we're at it, we can invite the National Front, the British Nationalist Party, the Aryan Nation, Column 88, we'll have a good clean afternoon of non-violent fun celebrating and spreading hate.

We don't have to allow something we find abhorrent just because we support 'free speech', or liberty in general, it is our freedom to stop the hate. Hate speech is not free speech, so it's not, and should not be, covered by any rights.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Racism started because of colonisation, and imperialism, as a way to demonise the natives. It was done, much like it is now with Muslims, as way to justify to the people invasion and rape of foreign lands.

White people were conditioned to believe that white skin meant healthy, and dark skin meant unhealthy. It's why most people used to wear hats, to avoid getting a tan. The majority of people having never met a black, or brown, person were easily conditioned to be racist. It's how white superiority started.

Realise this was done for economic reasons only, not to keep any race pure. Allowing groups like the KKK just make a mockery of history imo.

I have the right of free speech also, and I will use it to appose hate groups.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I oppose hate groups too, like real terrorists. Today's KKK doesn't fit the bill imo. I do support segregation to a point. I think it's important to allow only so many mixed marriages (and immigrants allowed in) in a country and keep this in check by the census. This way, you never have one whole race destroying the cultures heritage and histories of that countries peoples. If this continues unchecked, one day the entire planet will be one race, probably a brown or black race because they tend to procreate faster than whites. Today, this Earth enjoys diversity. If the current trend continues, when we are all one race, there will be no diversity. All our cultures, traditions and histories will be lost to time and none of those people will have a heritage they can all their own.

This has nothing to do with hate. It has everything to do with preservation. Preservation for all our races, not just white brown or black. No one wants this to happen to their people. People can't see that unless we take steps now to ensure it doesn't, it IS going to happen. It's starting to happen in many places now but current BS "Politically Correct Thinking" keeps people from seeing this truth.

We Are Doomed.
edit on 27-3-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: edit

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Nathan Bedford Forrest stood up for his country and people too and was shot 3 times for it. Not only did he survive but continued to fight the most brilliant military campaign in American history. Yes, Forrest became rich by trading slaves before the war, yes he joined the KKK, no he was not Grand wizard (he refused it). The KKK was not about lynching or harrassing blacks after the war, it was about keeping Northerners and Republicans out of their states and preventing them from seizing political power and stripping the South like the US has done Iraq of late. Once it degenerated in to racist behaviors he quit.

After the war Forrest bade his men to submit to Federal authority and become model citizens. He hired blacks for work on his railroad and championed equality after his conversion to Christianity. 20,000 blacks marched in his funeral procession which should tell you what they thought of the man.

America has never had a braver, more heroic, more talented military leader in all it's history. Lee, Grant and Sherman all called him America's greatest military leader.

This whole mess isn't about Forrest as a man, it's about ignorant city politicians trying to score cheap points by using past racism as a platform. It's easy to pick on dead man who cannot defend his own honor - a concept I truly doubt any of those voting on this issue have a clue about.

ETA: What really bothers me is how this has become an issue over the Klan when it's really about 1 man who is tragically misunderstood and unappreciated for their history, honor and integrity. I saw one comment on Huffpo to the effect of: "I know he was klan member, I saw it in Forrest Gump".
edit on 30-3-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thank you for your load of info. I didn't know some of it. And thanks.

IMO they shouldn't change names of parks because they deem them to be of a racist origin or what not.
But they did it, now the kkk is going to protest that TODAY.
I am really close to where this is all going to happen, but I am not going.
Now I am not a member of fake book..I mean Facebook but they have a called for and anti-klan rally for noon today. I am just in awe. People are all riled up ready for a fight it seems. The Memphis police advised everyone that is in protest just to stay home, but of course memphians are not going to listen to that!
Let bygones be bygones and let's move on I say! But that isn't going to happen it seems.

Peace and love
-nat the restless cat-

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

If I could I would be there to protest. Well away from the Klan mind you but this is just wrong on so many levels. If we were to apply the same rules these apply to Forrest nobody would be fit to name a park after. At least he learned from his past mistakes. Some people just keep making the same ones over and over again. It's very sad that people are so easily riled up when they know nothing but hearsay and a smattering of revisionist history.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I agree.

I love history and Political Science and while researching the roots of the Democratic Party, I learned that the Klan was a sort of 'terrorist arm' of the Democratic, to scare newly voting backs into voting their way. I still believe that to be true, except you may have put a new light on their reasoning.

I am open (as a black woman) to learn the true history and nature of the KKK. I had already known that the real reasoning behind all the anti-Civil Rights sentiment was not so much about skin color and racism, but more about their rebellion against 'Big Government' forcing them to integrate.

As I stated earlier, do we not have the natural right to 'hate'? I am not talking about imposing harm, I am simply asking "can we not 'hate' if we want to?"

Again, you have encouraged me to look more into the Klan's purpose in history as well as today.

By the way, I live here in Memphis and am actually interested in going to the Klan rally; but no one will accompany me

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

What the klan started as and what it later became are 2 very different things. I appreciate your outlook and opinions on what some might consider to be a rather touchy subject. Forrest left the klan once he found out what some of them were doing to blacks. It's very easy to sit here today and judge those from the past for their actions but what was "fair" and "ethical" then is not the same as today.

Government would try to legislate our thoughts if they could. We cannot force people to like those from other groups and I agree we have a natural right to like or dislike whomever we please. The key is to educate people of the wonders of those other cultures, their achievements in art, science, music, architecture, cuisine, folklore, dance, etc. Through an appreciation of these things we can begin to demystify those of other cultural groups and lessen the focus on fear.

For most of us it's a lifelong process that transforms us if we continue to explore these differences. We can overcome them but there are those who would use the same to keep us at odds with one another. Divide and conquer still applies even off the battlefield. Modern politics is a shining example and a black eye (if you will pardon the expression) on those who believe in tolerance and mutual respect.

I have nothing positive to say for the Klan. Why they would show up to protest is beyond me as the message becomes lost in those who will attach all the bad things done in that name to Nathan Bedford Forrest. They should simply show up as citizens who disagree with such a shortsighted decision without all the baggage that comes with the klan name.

I hope you can keep us updated on affairs locally. I would trust you to give a fair and unbiased account.
Btw - have you met sugarcookie?

edit on 30-3-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Yup, racial division is exactly what our current administration has promoted from day one.

It is an imagined problem, fed by MSM.

Smokescreen, while they prep the takeover.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join