It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kkk rally in Memphis, TN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

I have researched kkk, sorry my links were no good. I'm new at posting things, and of course when I was trying to update and put more links up ....my internet cut out.

And to someone up above, I don't remember the name, but they stated that the kkk are allowed to peacefully assemble for what they hold true in their hearts. It's just they have hate filled hearts. They look down on other religions and race. White supremacy is not good.

(This is my first news thread)

------------------------------------

www.history.com...

There's a little history about them...well there's a lot of history about these hooded fellows.

kkk.org... Here's there own webpage.

Sorry again for not being so throuough. I don't agree with ANY racism.

I was simply pointing out there's a rally coming and yes I would like to protest it silently, but like I said, the last rally did not end well here in Memphis.
www.highbeam.com...
www.weeklywire.com...

Chaos. 26 people were arrested, bricks were flying, canisters being thrown into the crowd to disperse them.
I just hope and pray that doesn't happen again with this rally. That was nearly 15 years ago.

Population is much higher now, and hate fueled rallies are no good, imo.

edit on 12-2-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Kkk rally in Memphis, TN

Where's a heavily armed, mentally unstable nutcase when you need one?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Would you call this man a "racist"? (Sorry. I don't know how to embed a video) This is Muhammad Ali interviewed by BBC. This is the same mindset that the Klans have.

www.youtube.com...

kkk.org is a Wordpress blog. Interestingly, there is no "about" or anything else that indicates who the blog is produced by or indicating what their bias may be. It's obvious that it isn't affiliated with any actual Klan. The History Channel is a purveyor of exactly the kind of revisionism I referred to in my other post.

This is an example of an actual Klan website

www.traditionalistamericanknights.com...

All of the Klans I know of support the same beliefs for other races; that other races should preserve their own racial purity & support one another in their own communities. It has not been uncommon for Klans to help & protect Black people as readily as Whites. (If you looked at my links, there are newspaper clippings & photographs that document this).

It is glaringly hypocritical & ironic to hear people like the Klans accused of hate out of the same mouths that relish vilifying anyone who chooses to have a different opinion, ideology, or lifestyle. It would be funny if it weren't so sick.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

That is all part of the "new Klan" and is revisionist history in action. Tell me, were they defending the rights of others while they were lynching black men for sins no greater than having had the gall to look at a white woman?

Before we begin, I'll point out - I'm a white male who comes from a family filled with Klansmen.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Kkk rally in Memphis, TN

Where's a heavily armed, mentally unstable nutcase when you need one?

Nah. Just the Foo Fighters. They sure did a number on WBC.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thats real sad to hear. I did not know that they were still marching. We never hear anything over here about them. You would think that all racist groups would concentrate on the real problems of the world instead of fighting against each other. Nice thread

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'll say this much...

Memphis is also my hometown, and I still live here today.

I will also mention that I am black.

Lately, my peers and I have discussed this issue and when asked, they all state, "If they don't bother me, then I won't bother them." Sounds fair enough, right?

Well, I then ask, "Why is it presumed that they will come to 'bother' you? They are protesting the Federal Building that made the decision to rename the park, interfering with the history of this organization". Basically, I am trying to see why there is a negative connotation automatically attached with a peaceful protest. The Klan did not state that they are coming to lynch anyone.

Also, other responses I get are, "They shouldn't be allowed to do so." I then remind them of the Freedom of protest and speech set forth in our constitution, and as another member said, you can't pick and chose which members' freedom of speech to protect.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So what?
The Klan.. the NBP.. both hate groups wanting desperately to be relevant and just as nasty in their hatred. Big whoop. There are plenty of hate groups out there.. but people flip the hell out when the white sheet folks arrive.... but suddenly become apologists when the baton carrying wanna be militant idiots show up. They are allowed to be idiots in public like other idiots in public.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Disclaimer: I'm not a member of the KKK, or any other group.

The KKK are cleaning up parks, roads, and other things. They are free and have a right to their opinion. To my knowledge, the modern KKK aren't doing drive-by shootings, mass murders, gang rapes, mob robberies, violent gun crimes, etc., etc.. As long as they don't do that, then I don't see a problem. What do the Black Panthers do to help their communities? I'm being serious here/devils advocate

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hey, it happened to the black panther party in Texas! They were running for their lives. www.youtube.com...

I don't understand the people recomending someone to go there and murder anyone. That's unacceptable, IMO.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Fylgje because: to add link

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I was just giving out info that I had learned. It's in my hometown and thought it to be a good topic to bring to ATS...
I do not agree with any hate groups, the color of our skin or beliefs should not be a factor ever...but unfortunately is.
Peace and love
-nat cat-

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

You my friend are right. They do have a right to protest in peace for what they think is right. Changing names to parks just because they have names of racist people is pretty silly imo.

Do you think that the majority of Memphis besides your open minded friends would accept a kkk rally peacefully?
In my humble opinion I don't think the majority of Memphis would accept it peacefully.

Peace and love
-nat the cat-

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Little update...
online.wsj.com...
City is urging counter protesters to stay home...since the last rally didn't turn out so well.
www.theroot.com...
How very interesting, city bans masks? Not yet but are trying to. Well I for one think that is a grand ban.
If your gonna protest something..why hide your face under a mask?

Peace and love
-nat the crazed cat-
edit on 22-3-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Just a few years back, I learned my family has been here (America) since 1608, so yeah, back in the day, we had slaves (at least the family that came to Florida)...

However, I actually met a descendant of one of the former slaves, and he's a close friend of the family. In addition, the family graveyard, shared with another family, includes gravestones for the slaves that died also... They are apart from the families, but same graveyard. My wife got the biggest kick out of this. I had always heard that when the slaves were freed, and became farmers and sharecroppers, our families remained friendly and interactive. Guess that was true.

I suppose my family was pretty progressive, even in that climate. So, if they could do this centuries ago, how in the world some people can hang on to this kind of separation is a mystery to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Interesting story friend.
It's a mystery to me as well why the hell we can't just all get along..

Peace and love
-nat the mangled cat-

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

All that is is a racist organisation trying to project a cleaner image for the new generations.

Racial purity is another term for racial segregation. Racial purity is what Hitler wanted.

It's still the KKK, and yes they are still racist.

What you, and probably, they fail to understand is there can not be racial purity because we are already ONE race. Racial divisions came from imperialism and colonisation, biologically we are all the same. So in reality it's not racial purity, it is skin colour segregation, and the desire for some whites to maintain their majority controlling power. There is nothing wrong with mixing races, we all came from the same place to begin with.

It is nothing but fear driven hate. Fear of loss of an identity rooted in political and economic agendas.

edit on 3/22/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia
reply to post by ButterCookie

You my friend are right. They do have a right to protest in peace for what they think is right. Changing names to parks just because they have names of racist people is pretty silly imo.

Do you think that the majority of Memphis besides your open minded friends would accept a kkk rally peacefully?
In my humble opinion I don't think the majority of Memphis would accept it peacefully.

Peace and love
-nat the cat-

Hey Nat!

Unfortunately, the majority of Memphis will not. The Klan not only is going forward with the protest, and but have stated that this will be the largest rally ever. As I stated, I agree that they should have a fair opportunity to protest and hold a rally, just as any other group has.

If this event will be anything like the last rally held in Memphis, it will be ugly; but notice the group who is inciting the violence. It is not the Klan.

[

edit on 24-3-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Here's the thing if we allow hate squads to march then regular people have as much right to protest the march, and you all know what that can lead to.

Hate speech is not free speech.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
TPTB want and demand racial tension!

DIVIDE AND CONQUER!
edit on 24-3-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
What people don't understand about the Klan is they are not just about racism. They are about keeping the sovereignty of a people pure. Some members take this to a racist extreme. I know this out of years of history and paying attention. I'm not a racist and don't agree with racism for hating a fellow for the color of his skin's sake.

But the Klan does believe in some things that many Americans do believe in, like taking a strong stance on immigration. Just throwing this out there because many people only think the Klan is nothing but a bunch of racists. Perhaps most of them are but you have to understand they got that way when they saw people from other areas trod on and take over areas that should have been protected by it's sovereign peoples - and was not.

This is the same thing happening in many southern states now with the Mexicans who are here illegally. There is even a city in south California who has closed up it's government and abandoned the city to the Mexicans.(I forget it's name but read about it last year) It's hard not to want to hate people of a certain race when you see their people come in and force you out of your town. I can understand how these people can fall into this trap. I try to look at all sides of an issue. I say, if your hating on the Klan members for their beliefs, are you really no better than they are?

We have politicians that constantly lie to the people who elected them and wage war for capitalist idealistic gains - and we don't hate them like people hate the KKK? There is something very wrong with this picture. Those politicians are no better than the Klan. Pay attention to what you pick and choose to hate and why. You may find yourself looking in the mirror.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join