It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vanity of Enlightenment

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Again, being deliberately unhelpful.

On the bright side, pretty much everyone on this thread has proven LesMisanthrope's premise for the thread. Enlightenment has apparently left plenty of room for vanity among us. I'm trying to find answers here, but no one cares to share them with me.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That's the best part.

If you say so... it's true!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

LOL ...how is this thread still going? page 41? Seriously?

It's a covertly disguised trolling thread to pulls one's ego into debate.

While I agree that there are new agers and various types who have a few mystical experiences and then become Vain that they are "enlightened" ...but that's not it....

When it does happen (Enlightenment is Real), there is no more to be said, just Love, everything is One.... perhaps at least sharing with others that it is real and the various "way's there"

Putting capital letters on 'Enlightenment', 'Love' and 'One' does not bring us any closer to the 'Truth.' Nor does it make anyone an authority on the subject.

Attempting to discredit the thread on page 41 when failing to do so earlier on, and then afterwords impart some more enlightened wisdom in said discredited thread sounds like more vanity to me. Would you admit it was your ego that brought you back here?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Attempting to discredit the thread on page 41 when failing to do so earlier on, and then afterwords impart some more enlightened wisdom in said discredited thread sounds like more vanity to me. Would you admit it was your ego that brought you back here?

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I'd still like to say that my regular return trips are due to my unwillingness to allow this thread to suffer such an inglorious fall as to be dragged into the shadows of obscurity where no answer or closure might be found.

I'd like for it to at least go out with a bang. It started off brilliantly, so maybe we can wrap it up nice and neat with a pretty bow of rationality to top it off.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Bang!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Well, that was a superfluous finish...oops! Looks like it didn't end with a bang after all. I think LesMisanthrope should do the honors, seeing as how s/he kicked the thread off so well...

edit on 21-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I'd still like to say that my regular return trips are due to my unwillingness to allow this thread to suffer such an inglorious fall as to be dragged into the shadows of obscurity where no answer or closure might be found.

I agree.

I only found it humorous and quite hypocritical that he would laugh and point at the thread, it's participants, and then attempt to prove himself yet again and thus further perpetuate the very thread he sought to discredit.

It's simply another case of an identity defending itself.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

You remind me of The Bang!

edit on 21-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: Magic spells!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Putting capital letters on 'Enlightenment', 'Love' and 'One' does not bring us any closer to the 'Truth.' Nor does it make anyone an authority on the subject.

Nor does starting this thread, nor does typing or saying anything at all? Why Not Capitalize All Words? Why no have Authorities on Subjects? IF you have teeth problems, do you go to a dentist? Car troubles to a mechanic? Enlightenment questions to someone who has experienced it?

Attempting to discredit the thread on page 41 when failing to do so earlier on, and then afterwords impart some more enlightened wisdom in said discredited thread sounds like more vanity to me.

Came to ATS to check the latest news and post a thread about "Egotism Stifling Science" in the Science Forum, and came across this thread still going strong. Almost spit my coffee out with humor.

I posted a "How To" instruction manual/blueprint to see for yourself this thing called, "Enlightenment." Total thread = 2 pages.

But a thread that Vanity & Enlightenment go hand in hand already 41 pages? The world is upside down

Would you admit it was your ego that brought you back here?

Curiosity, humor, joyful laughter, surprise..... can any of those be attributed to ego? Perhaps, perhaps not. IF one see's that fundamentally, they are not the ego, but are that which is aware of the ego ...then we've entered some fine lines and technicalities

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

There's no need to shove that post in my face. By your own rules, since you are also an illogical creature, I cannot trust your logic either. So even if I can't rely on my own rationality, yours is no more reliable.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
So even if I can't rely on my own rationality, yours is no more reliable.

Exactly!

So where's your trust rooted?

/hug and still true

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
But a thread that Vanity & Enlightenment go hand in hand already 41 pages? The world is upside down

What is more upside down? Those enjoying the dances they enjoy... or those... not?
edit on 21-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

I agree.

I only found it humorous and quite hypocritical that he would laugh and point at the thread, it's participants, and then attempt to prove himself yet again and thus further perpetuate the very thread he sought to discredit.

It's simply another case of an identity defending itself.

Because it is funny. No need to prove anything. It's also funny, to say this thread going to 41 pages is funny, and thus perpetuating it even more, ironically, is also part of the post being funny. No need to defend anything, as that's funny too.

3nlight3nm3nt, truth, absolute ...all of that stands on its own. it's there 2 be experienced and seen for one's self. so this thread don't matter ....it filters out those who will be genuine to find it, versus those who will remain in abstractions of the mind, creating a self imposed bias bubble prison.

ultimat3ly, physical death, the great equalizer, shows who was right and who was wrong, and that the world is upside down.

The thread is quite a brilliant covert troll thread. I did a similar one that was Entitled, "You want to see your Ego?" and many of the responses were ego based. A few stared, flagged, and gave thumbs up ...knowing what it was about. I know what your thread is about. Star N Flag and thumbs up..... the irony is is hilarious.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I posted a "How To" instruction manual/blueprint to see for yourself this thing called, "Enlightenment." Total thread = 2 pages.

Aah the truth comes out.

I seem to recall someone near the beginning of this thread summing this thing up with a quote about people like myself being "butthurt."

Funny indeed.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Exactly!

So where's your trust rooted?

In myself, the only perspective whose weaknesses I know intimately and can therefore compensate for.

edit on 21-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

How can a crooked lens compensate for itself?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Aah the truth comes out.

I seem to recall someone near the beginning of this thread summing this thing up with a quote about people like myself being "butthurt."

Funny indeed.

what's the truth? are you saying that the motivation to post here is because of a "my thread" vs "your thread" deal? I can assure you that would be the last thing in the world I would be concerned about.

It's the same thing as best sellers being about "fantasy S&M Bondage novels" and not enlightenment manuals.

I'm sure there are plenty "butthurts" on this thread, seeing how long it's gone. Bit are you one of them? I don't know., because I don't know you personally to get a better idea of what your about.

The main motivation of posting again was humor.

You did a fine job on this one

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Well, assuming the technology comprising the lens is intelligent (in order to make the analogy more fitting) it can scan itself for oddities and make the required adjustments by comparing its results with the results of similar lenses.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I'm sure there are plenty "butthurts" on this thread, seeing how long it's gone. Bit are you one of them? I don't know., because I don't know you personally to get a better idea of what your about.

I'm pretty sure LesMisanthrope is fairly pleased with the thread, considering the lengths to which the users have gone to disprove her/him have only served to provide examples of how s/he is right.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion

Individuation. I would argue it is the only Way possible.

“Do you have the patience to wait until your mud settles and the water is clear?”

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join