It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul's gospel must be accepted

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Here's what Paul said...

Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

In other words, Paul is saying that by grace/mercy we are saved by our faith that Jesus is who he said he was. That's nothing different from what Jesus taught.

Here's what Jesus said...

John 8:24 - I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

edit on 12-2-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Actually i believe both exist

I do not however believe in the resurection of the physical body... Though Jesus may have been the exception

edit on 12-2-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Blasphemy against the spirit is not forgiven... in this life or the next...

Correct. But that has absolutely nothing to do with what you and I were discussing.

That's a red herring. Besides that, it's been impossible to commit that particular sin since Jesus ascended.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I do not however believe in the resurection of the physical body... Though Jesus may have been the exception

And Lazarus, demonstrating His authority over life and death itself.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by newnature

Paul doesn't have a gospel, so right away you believe in something wrong without looking at many words.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
reply to post by newnature

Paul doesn't have a gospel, so right away you believe in something wrong without looking at many words.

I think OP is talking about 1 Corinthians chapter 15.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Akragon

Here's what Paul said...

Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

In other words, Paul is saying that by grace/mercy we are saved by our faith that Jesus is who he said he was. That's nothing different from what Jesus taught.

Here's what Jesus said...

John 8:24 - I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

edit on 12-2-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Most people call that cherry picking...

And IF God can save someone such as Paul... then surely ALL will be saved...

And besides that... You are one of those that believe Jesus was God... correct?

Yet he did not say such a thing... and if you keep reading in that chapter you'll find...

25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

edit on 13-2-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Blasphemy against the spirit is not forgiven... in this life or the next...

Correct. But that has absolutely nothing to do with what you and I were discussing.

That's a red herring. Besides that, it's been impossible to commit that particular sin since Jesus ascended.

Red herring my sweet patootie...

See you actually have to read what I link in most cases when you deal with me...

You say blasphemy of the spirit is impossible... I fully disagree...

For one, im not a Trinitarian... or a Christian... which means I don't believe the "holy spirit" is part of any so called God head...

The holy spirit is that which dwells within all life... And thus any assault on life is blasphemy against said spirit. Which will come back to you in this life or the next.... as HE said.

So Moses and David likely had to repay their wrong doings by means of reincarnating...

On the other hand you are free to believe Murderers and rapists get a free ticket... as long as they repent.

Personally I call BS on that claim

IF God is Just as you say he is... They created a debt that can't be repaid in one life

And so did good old Paul

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Cherry picking? Do you need more?

John 11:25

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 11:26

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 11:40

Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

John 6:29

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 20:31

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

1 John 5:3

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

John 1:12

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Should I continue? There's more...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

more chery picking?

No please I don't need any more...

For Gods sake...STOP IT!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And IF God can save someone such as Paul... then surely ALL will be saved...

God's capable of saving whomever he chooses. He knows what's inside each person's heart.

And besides that... You are one of those that believe Jesus was God... correct?

Correct. Let's take a look at that last verse again and compare it to others to find it's meaning.

You do know that Jesus spoke in parables for a reason? Why would Jesus come straight out and say he was God only to turn around and speak in parables afterward? Something to ponder.

John 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Deuteronomy 32:39

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

Isaiah 41:4

Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 43:10

Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:13

Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

Isaiah 46:4

And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.

Isaiah 48:12

Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Isaiah 52:6

Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

John 9:9

Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.

John 13:19

Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.

John 18:6

As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

There's more, but I'll stop there.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Im sorry but if you keep posting endless cherry picked scripture i'll have to ignore you...

There should be a rule against that.... and im pretty sure there is

If you have something relevant to say... post some scripture and give your interpretation of it...

Cherry pickers are a waste of my time... and only shows that you can copy and paste with the best of them

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

more chery picking?

No please I don't need any more...

For Gods sake...STOP IT!

What?

You've run out of arguments?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If you have something relevant to say... post some scripture and give your interpretation of it...

Bottom line, Paul, John and Jesus all spoke of the relevance of faith in Jesus being the deciding factor of eternal life.

Secondly, Jesus did say he was God when he quoted "I am he" from the Old Testament.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

No...I have no patience for that style of reply

Its pathetic...

And lazy...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Akragon

Bottom line, Paul, John and Jesus all spoke of the relevance of faith in Jesus being the deciding factor of eternal life.

Secondly, Jesus did say he was God when he quoted "I am he" from the Old Testament.

he didn't say I AM HE from the OT...

He said he was sent by his Father who is God... who wasn't the God from the OT

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

John 5:46 if you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.

What passages do you suggest Jesus was talking about?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

That's a silly question...

What other scripture was around in that area at that time?

Jesus used what he was taught... which is the only way one can get others to understand concepts that he knew and others did not...

For instance... IF im speaking to a Christian I tend to use the Gospels... what would be the point of citing something they don't believe in... like Vedic texts, or Gnostic?

And im not denying prophecy of him exists in the OT... btw

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Fair enough explanation. Even though you know I disagree.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by Akragon

Fair enough explanation. Even though you know I disagree.

Well... that's allowed isn't it

As long as we can have a civil discussion about it... its all good!

Its not like my gospel must be accepted...

like the OP is claiming with P...P...
aaaaul!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join