It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's 100% Proof That FOX News Are Straight Up Lying, Corporate Shills.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Looks like this thread is wrapping up, so I'll just add some final thoughts:

First off, thanks to everyone who contributed maturely and constructively

Now - for those demanding answers, or some kind of restitution for the fact I singled out FOX, and not all MSM. First off I explained exactly what inspired the focus on FOX in the OP. I don't recall any rule stating that if you point out one entity's specific corruption you are legally obliged to mention all the others as some kind of courtesy, and I NEVER ever said they're the only biased offender out there anyway. In fact in the 2nd post I invited anyone else who wanted to, to add their own research and proof of other outlets doing it. As far as I can see I got one real answer to this challenge from SpaDe_. I starred SpaDe_'s post and even added my own example of MSNBC's shady behind-the-scenes antics after that.

So the fact is I acknowledged right from the very start there's other examples available - I simply asked members to follow in the spirit of what ATS is supposed to be about and put it together themselves with evidence and critical thinking instead of just open conjecture.

But of course the FOX fan club reacted to this with only more conjecture, and then on top of that some even still whining about how come I'm not doing the work for them (so that must mean I'm biased, and therefore that makes all the specific, hard evidence presented in the OP somehow irrelevant). Cop out much?

This is definitely one of the biggest problems with ATS in my opinion - how many people come here to truly deny ignorance (it should be a team effort), and how many come just to get spoonfed all the information they want to hear exactly like they would from the MSM, except you know, on fringier topics...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Beyond that I'll tell everyone exactly why I personally tend to single out FOX News.

3 reasons:

1. They have a very biased (and as shown in the OP - deliberately deceptive) agenda against some subjects that are important to me: namely renewable energy, environmentalism and sustainability. So yeah, I'm gonna pick out how much they are skewing the facts on these particular issues - and how flat out corrupt they are about it. Deal with it FOX junkies.

2. Even though I'll easily concede all MSM outfits are guilty of their own agendas (again, as I did from the 2nd post on in this thread), despite that - from everything I've seen FOX is still far and away THE WORST at it. They push it to a whole other level. I mean just look at the OP: This isn't about them simply taking a biased stance, or doing some convenient editing on something controversial - this is them bringing in a proven, card-carrying corporate shill to act as some sort of expert on issues he literally gets paid to distort and undermine. That's hardcore. That's like George Orwell type propaganda.

3. So what appalls me the most about it, in light of how blatant and extreme it all is - there's still this persistent army of sock puppets FOX News has incubated who will do anything they can to deflect it, defend it, justify it, refuse to listen to a shred of criticism about it, because they are that brainwashed by this garbage.

Most people on ATS may feel immune to it, but look around you - this thread and the one that inspired it still managed to draw out quite a few textbook examples of such unabashed fanaticism. And sorry but I don't see anywhere near the same level on ATS from other outlets. I don't see CNN-bots, I don't see ABC-bots, I don't even see many MSNBC-bots - in fact I mostly just see a lot of FOX-zombies trying to frame anyone who disagrees with them as exactly that.

But you can see it in the way these people react to criticism. It's one thing to disagree with something and defend it with counter examples, evidence, and logic - but it's a whole other thing to just anxiously treat that criticism as some kind of direct assault on your own identity. It shows how much cognitive dissonance lies underneath that veneer of arrogance, and how much your ego apparently rests so desperately on these wonderful lies you've been conditioned to believe.

So that's why FOX News really stands out to me: It's not just for their exceptional propaganda. It's for the exceptional consequences of that propaganda.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wulff

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by TauCetixeta

I for once would like to see you focus on the topic at hand instead of derailing it with criticism of other networks.

The focus here is Fox News, not CNN or MSNBC.

Fox News consistently claims to be "fair and balanced" while presenting most of their news from a right-wing viewpoint. It's not hard to see where their agenda lies when they openly lie.

You cannot claim such a thing and then turn around and edit and manipulate the news to serve your agenda.

The very OP has to be addressed by comparing other networks, as much as you may hate fox, the OP stating Fox is lying opens up the entire argument of "News Reporting" which is exactly what everyone is doing...
ATS would be putting their own "SPIN" on things by not allowing others to compare what they see and hear on the other networks!

It appears the OP desires a "trash Fox News only" thread.
Judging by your post it's not working at all.

It has backfired.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

So it would seem that not only are (and for the sake of impartiality--tho this thread was about FOX) the networks fabricating the dominant paradigm by the views they present; But also they are manipulating the discourse around the views presented.

And this is why they rate so highly--they are dominating the public discourse on such topics. It has nothing to do with, which (in this case--for impartiality) any merit of the quality of information provided.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by wulff

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by TauCetixeta

I for once would like to see you focus on the topic at hand instead of derailing it with criticism of other networks.

The focus here is Fox News, not CNN or MSNBC.

Fox News consistently claims to be "fair and balanced" while presenting most of their news from a right-wing viewpoint. It's not hard to see where their agenda lies when they openly lie.

You cannot claim such a thing and then turn around and edit and manipulate the news to serve your agenda.

The very OP has to be addressed by comparing other networks, as much as you may hate fox, the OP stating Fox is lying opens up the entire argument of "News Reporting" which is exactly what everyone is doing...
ATS would be putting their own "SPIN" on things by not allowing others to compare what they see and hear on the other networks!

It appears the OP desires a "trash Fox News only" thread.
Judging by your post it's not working at all.

It has backfired.

Let us please talk about 'the entire argument of "News Reporting"', its something I am quite happy to discuss with you...

Do you feel that the quality of "News Reporting" is in the state of decline? If so: Can you give a time frame of when you felt "News Reporting" began its decline?
edit on 14-2-2013 by cartenz because: rope

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared
Looks like this thread is wrapping up, so I'll just add some final thoughts:

First off, thanks to everyone who contributed maturely and constructively

Now - for those demanding answers, or some kind of restitution for the fact I singled out FOX, and not all MSM. First off I explained exactly what inspired the focus on FOX in the OP. I don't recall any rule stating that if you point out one entity's specific corruption you are legally obliged to mention all the others as some kind of courtesy, and I NEVER ever said they're the only biased offender out there anyway. In fact in the 2nd post I invited anyone else who wanted to, to add their own research and proof of other outlets doing it. As far as I can see I got one real answer to this challenge from SpaDe_. I starred SpaDe_'s post and even added my own example of MSNBC's shady behind-the-scenes antics after that.

So the fact is I acknowledged right from the very start there's other examples available - I simply asked members to follow in the spirit of what ATS is supposed to be about and put it together themselves with evidence and critical thinking instead of just open conjecture.

But of course the FOX fan club reacted to this with only more conjecture, and then on top of that some even still whining about how come I'm not doing the work for them (so that must mean I'm biased, and therefore that makes all the specific, hard evidence presented in the OP somehow irrelevant). Cop out much?

This is definitely one of the biggest problems with ATS in my opinion - how many people come here to truly deny ignorance (it should be a team effort), and how many come just to get spoonfed all the information they want to hear exactly like they would from the MSM, except you know, on fringier topics...

much love to you brother, thanks for sharing some truth...

yes fox is hardcore right wing propaganda...

i do not watch that channel and never will...

i too care about the environment and fox does not...

i care about peace and fox does not...

i care about social issues and the future of our society and as a species...lol, fox does not, fox cares about tea bagger mentality...and wars
edit on 15-2-2013 by cornucopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speckle
reply to post by blackz28

why troll so hard ?
ahh more post then you sunshine soo ahhh whos the troll

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join