It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deers of joy: Seemingly dead fawn pulled from icy waters ‘licked’ back to life by family of deer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It’s like the Enchanted Forest out there.

Suffolk County cops pulled a seemingly-dead fawn out of icy waters in Fire Island today — and a family of deer came up to it and licked it back to health!

Marine Bureau officers noticed a little baby deer’s head among pieces of ice and slush floating on the water about 30 yards from shore.

Suffolk County Police Marine Bureau, met the officers on the dock as they tried to rescue the little animal.

The cops quickly covered the brown-eyed deer in several thick blankets but, despite their best efforts, the little guy remained freezing wet and motionless.

“It wasn’t flailing or kicking, it was just sitting there,” Epp said. “We weren’t sure if it was in shock of hypothermia.”

That’s when the Enchanted Forest-like miracle happened: Three deer — an adult and two young babies that appeared to be members of the fawn’s family — came out of the woods and began to lick the little guy.

Slowly, he started to come back to life, first blinking its big brown eyes, then getting up slowly and moving around the dock.

The officers took the fawn over to the station house and fed it warm popcorn, which the little guy took gladly. “We had limited food,” Epp explained.

After a few minutes, the fawn started to get even more alert and ran off with the other deer.

"Such a nice, heartwarming story.”

Full article below.

www.nypost.com...
edit
edit on 10-2-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Anyone know why the pictures are not showing up?

They are there on the preview but not when it's posted.

The pictures make the story.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
Anyone know why the pictures are not showing up?

They are there on the preview but not when it's posted.

The pictures make the story.

They are up.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

They are?

Do you see 3 pictures posted?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Yes.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Glad you can see them. Not showing on my end.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I love these types of stories! And the pictures are wonderful.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Great story!

This is one of those pieces that could go in the Pets/Animals Forum I suggested. (See my Sig)

Now I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy...

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Great story!

This is one of those pieces that could go in the Pets/Animals Forum I suggested. (See my Sig)

Now I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy...

Peace

I remember seeing that!!!
Great suggestion!

Come on ATS! Give us a Pets/Animals Forum!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
At first I was thinking to myself, "wait, a group of deer is called a herd, not a family," and obviously I felt stupid considering that it was the actual family of the little guy. I also thought it was funny they fed it popcorn, but then I remembered that deer eat frickin' corn. Felt stupid again. This is a great story. I know that many people feel more compassion for some animals than they do humans, and there have been multiple discussions of that very thing since I've been a member, with one being recent.

I think that this stems from the fact that some of us view animals as being sort of "helpless" in a sense, considering they do not have the reasoning capacities that humans have. Another big reason for why this occurs is the fact that animals cannot readily communicate when they are in trouble or in need, while most humans can. This does not mean that the behavior is right or wrong, in my opinion, just that it is understandable in some situations. Especially considering that many people go throughout their lives without coming across people in a condition that was conducive to instant compassion. They may read about it, but rarely come across it.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing a heart warming story. I am always relieved to hear of how animals can teach us humans about caring. Magic is alive!!!!

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Thank you for this - such a beautiful story and truly heart-warming!

Life would really suck if it weren't for these little gems of 'good news stories'.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Makes sense, the mouth is one of, if not the warmest parts of the body and nature never forgets it's own symmetry.
Us "ether animals" could learn a thing or 2 if we paid more attention.Dah do de Dah
Huermens
edit on 11-2-2013 by Leuan because: dummy

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

tears of joy flow

thanks riverwild for such a heart warming story

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Seldom do I run across many "feel good" stories anymore.

We need more of these.

As Jude11 suggested, adding a Pets/Animals Forum would be a great to have on ATS.
edit on 11-2-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Lovely story thank you for posting . I feel a bit cheered up now :
Ahhhh..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
reply to post by maryhinge

Seldom do I run across many "feel good" stories anymore.

We need more of these.

As Jude11 suggested, adding a Pets/Animals Forum would be a great to have on ATS.

STARRED AND FLAGGED
As Jude11 suggested, adding a Pets/Animals Forum would great to have on ATS.

ARE YOU LISTENING SUPER MODS ???????????
edit on 11/2/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I will throw in my 2 cents as well for a pets/animals forum. It would provide a place to go where we can get some feel good stories and also provide a place to be reminded of our responsibilities to respect and protect animals.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by grayeagle
I will throw in my 2 cents as well for a pets/animals forum. It would provide a place to go where we can get some feel good stories and also provide a place to be reminded of our responsibilities to respect and protect animals.

I'd give you 10 stars for that post (if I could).

Hope the Super Mod's will agree to add a new forum.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Wow, I'm surprised not to read..Deer atemped to escape police..Police fire at deer for getting away.. it's nice to see Humans and police for that matter arn't all curupt. It's nice to see people have a good heart and actually helped the deer out instead of just watch it drown. It's good to see positive news like this! S&F

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join