It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Magical Battle for Britain' during WW2 and how the witches of Britain fought the Nazis.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by HelenConway

Absolutely the British fought very bravely and my hat goes off to them. But the fact of the matter is that without US help their time was numbered. They would have simply been overwhelmed and would have ran out of supplies.

It was only a matter of time.

Not to go to far off topic, but we have more to thank the Russian red army for our survival than America. It was the red army that killed most Nazi soldiers and who took the biggest sacrifices. We don't have Russians always telling us how they saved our ass in ww2, so I take it with pinch of salt when it comes from the yanks. Not to mention you made us pay for your assistance.
Just sayin.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I may have misunderstood the intent of your message, but are you saying anyone has the ability to practice witchcraft, and preform spells and incantations?

If this is so, have you ever succeed at preforming a spell or anything? Also, what steps would one take to acquire this ability? I ask because you seem so adamant in your beliefs of it being fact.

I have absolutely no evidence that leads me to believe in magic, but I remain open to the possibility of it, and a small part of me believes it is real. Call it faith, which is why I respectively disagree with people who believe in god(s), but I have a certain level of understanding for them. I also remain open to that possibility, but my opinion of god is less concrete than in the possibility than magic.

edit on 10-2-2013 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Not to mention you made us pay for your assistance.
Just sayin.

Australia knows that feeling too!

It's like we have sold our soul to them...and what to we get? marginalised and silenced from the history books...well, most of them anyway.

We also have to put up with the bullcrap of how they saved us from the Japanese (despite the fact that the US just sat in Australia most of the time due to the under-training of their soldiers)...I even remember watching a documentary (based on a neutral perspective), where a Japanese soldier called the Americans "cowards" because they waited in the bush while the Aussies charged at the Japanese (thus pushing them out of New Guinea).

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

Oh come on now, no need to turn this into a America vs. Britain argument, since that is not the focus of the thread. I understand your frustration for the incorrect assumptions on the importance of the USA's role in WWII, as well as understand the underlying greedy nature of the US in that conflict, but NO countries were innocent in WWII. Every country had there own little atrocities that they try to undermine. The US for being greedy and chasing profits in the beginning, especially considering their sale of weapons to Germany for a while. Both the US and Britain for their "terror" bombings in both Japan and Germany to demoralize the people of those nations by killing countless innocent people. I don't even need to cover Nazi Germany. As well as Japan for the sneak attack on the US, despite the US's provocation of Japan beforehand.

All the countries have their own evils, and nobody was really "the good guy" in the conflict. My main frustration for your statement stems from you claiming that our actions during WWII reflect our current status. Please understand that there are a good many people in the US that understand the true intent and nature of the US during WWII and don't buy into all the propaganda that was spoon fed down our throats during our life. Many especially don't praise those actions, but rather condemn them. I guess my point is that it is not fair to generalize like that. If your statement was solely directed at our government now and during those times, then that is more understandable. However, all the governments of that time and now have their own unique forms of corruption, to varying degrees of course. Though those degrees are not really quantifiable.

Sorry for the rant, and I understand your sentiment. Egotistical nationalism is never good, and only further divides us as human beings, so lets get back to doing what we do best, the ultimate cliche I know.....denying ignorance, but even more so in this case, arrogance.

ETA: reply to post by daaskapital

Yeah, I understand your frustration as well, and do feel bad for how Australia's role in WWII has been downplayed. However, despite me being an American, I actually know a good deal about the impact that Australia had on WWII. The main reason being that my father is Australian, and damn proud of it too, to the point were he refuses to acquire American citizenship despite him being here for over 20 years. He taught me loads about the Australian's role in WWII, being both fascinated with the conflict and being a proud Australian. I guess the best part is that I have dual citizenship with Australia. This gives me the right to be expedited to Australia if anything goes awry here in the USA. Not to mention by five digit inheritance that is in Australia, meaning I get much better interest rates on it, so it gathers more and more money as I wait until I am 25 and I can access it.

Understand that most Americans are ignorant to Australia's role, but I am proud to not be one of them.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Oh come on now, no need to turn this into a America vs. Britain argument, since that is not the focus of the thread.

I do believe that the member who GrandStrategy was originally replying to had already turned the thread into an "America Vs. Britain argument."

GrandStrategy was just simply rebutting an egotistical and self absorbed point of view expressed previously in this thread.
edit on 10-2-2013 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I understand that, and fair enough. However, the reason I addressed you was because it seemed the other poster had dropped it. That and you have the power to end it. Please understand, that it was not a result of favoritism, or nationalistic bias that I addressed you, more that you were the last person I had read engaging in the argument before I decided I had enough.

In any case, I didn't mean to offend, and I understand your frustration. Cheers.

ETA:

Sorry, not you, the person who I was responding to. I didn't even realize that you are not that person, but thanks for bringing it up.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

ETA: reply to post by daaskapital

Yeah, I understand your frustration as well, and do feel bad for how Australia's role in WWII has been downplayed. However, despite me being an American, I actually know a good deal about the impact that Australia had on WWII. The main reason being that my father is Australian, and damn proud of it too, to the point were he refuses to acquire American citizenship despite him being here for over 20 years. He taught me loads about the Australian's role in WWII, being both fascinated with the conflict and being a proud Australian. I guess the best part is that I have dual citizenship with Australia. This gives me the right to be expedited to Australia if anything goes awry here in the USA. Not to mention by five digit inheritance that is in Australia, meaning I get much better interest rates on it, so it gathers more and more money as I wait until I am 25 and I can access it.

Understand that most Americans are ignorant to Australia's role, but I am proud to not be one of them.

That's a cool story

I am glad that at least one American ( er, Australian
) here on ATS actually understands at least some of the stuff Aussie soldiers had to go through back then. I do get quite sad and annoyed when reading sources and/or watching documentaries which downplays, or completely silences Australia's involvement in critical battles and events.

General MacArthur had a huge role to play in the marginalisation of Australian forces too. While he is celebrated as a hero in the USA, he is looked down upon in Australia (for the most part). Contrary to popular belief, Australia actually island hopped with the USA, as well as fought secret battles elsewhere (Borneo and Singapore to name a couple).

All in all though, Australia was shafted by most of it's allies...unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Yeah, no worries mate

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Why can there never be a discussion about WWII without some misinformed, arrogant and just plain moronic American coming into the thread proclaming to have won the war single handedly and saved the whole of Europe from the Nazis?
What do they actually teach in American schools and American history about the war?

It was a joint effort of allies who all fought together, most were there from the start fighting and striving together, and apart from when people sing "who won the war?" To the Germans, nobody ever gloats or tries to take more credit than the other country. We all have memorials in each other's country and we all deeply appreciate and respect the part that the others played.

Oh, and then there's America. Brash, arrogant, delusions of grandeur about being saviours of the world with some kind of saviour/god complex.

Just be humble, decent. Like everyone else.

Anyway, witches helped win the battle of Britain.
edit on 10-2-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

I agree that we didn't join the war soon enough but it was not Russia that sent supplies and troops to Britain to save her, America did.

Had America not joined the war Russia still would not have saved Britain. America did.

And yes America did save Russia because we opened the second front in the west which made Hitler split his forces.

Silly

Well the US has had it made up to them by now, with all of the wars they've started and expected everyone else to support them...

Anyhow, back on topic, very interesting, I haven't heard anything of the story but must take a read. I do remember certain mediums were silenced during the war as the information they were giving to bereaved relatives were considered to be an issue of national security..i.e. deceased servicemen sending messages to loved ones before the admiralty had even informed them of their deaths

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I may have misunderstood the intent of your message, but are you saying anyone has the ability to practice witchcraft, and preform spells and incantations?

If this is so, have you ever succeed at preforming a spell or anything? Also, what steps would one take to acquire this ability? I ask because you seem so adamant in your beliefs of it being fact.

I have absolutely no evidence that leads me to believe in magic, but I remain open to the possibility of it, and a small part of me believes it is real. Call it faith, which is why I respectively disagree with people who believe in god(s), but I have a certain level of understanding for them. I also remain open to that possibility, but my opinion of god is less concrete than in the possibility than magic.

I have never done spells - i am not a witch.
But I believe that what you put out you get back three times of ten times even.
I do believe that Shamans like Merlin are real, They can walk in both worlds.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggilo
my eldest daughter has been able to talk she has been adamant that she is a Witch, she is almost 4 now so this has been going on for a while, long enough to make we wonder..

My wife and I are truly at a loss for where she got this from, as I say, Witches and Witchcraft aren't something we would of ever talked about.

She even tells us about the 'good witches' and 'bad witches' and also has an English accent, we are from Northern Ireland, and her accent and how she got it has been commented on by others.

editby]edit on 10-2-2013 by biggilo because: (no reason given)

She sounds so gorgeous ..
Maybe she is remembering a past life, maybe she was English in her past life - who knows ?
They say children are closer to the source, because they are not as layed with heavy energy as adults.
I
edit on 10-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
And what about the Nazis? Didn't they have any occult heavyweights in their corner? No blond mystic were-beasts stalking the battlefields of Europe?

I mean, all that Teutonic mythology and SS blood ritual and the rest of the palaver. I bet Himmler, at least, was casting a few spells, trying to resurrect Siegfried and such. He was the gullible type.

Oh, and how can we forget Göring, who would surely have become chums with Aleister Crowley if things had turned out a bit differently? They were two men with many tastes in common.

Speaking of Crowley, he was proud to describe himself as a black magician. Do black magicians go all patriotic in time of war, then?

Or is patriotism itself a kind of black magic? I sometimes think it is.

edit on 10/2/13 by Astyanax because: Nietszche.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

The Nazis were definitely into occultism - hence their symbols and Hitler sending people off to find ancient power relics.. like the spear of destiny. He was also heavily into a strology.

Don't know if Crowley was a black magician - some say he was, some say he was just eccentric and liked to shock people so pretended to be black. I don't know enough about him.

he did work for British Intelligence apparently during WW2, with Dennis Wheatley the famous occult writer and Ian Flemming of James bond. He died before the war ended. Fortune aslo died young.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

They say that ' as above so below'
That all things manifest in the physical are first birthed in the astral. So I believe that some people can do battle in the astral.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I don't know anything about Dennis Wheatley (though I've read a couple of his books). Ian Fleming's career in British Naval Intelligence is well documented and didn't have any occult aspects, just the usual cloak-and-dagger stuff. As for Crowley, it is unlikely that he worked directly for British Intelligence; this is what Wikipedia has to say:

During the Second World War, future James Bond author Ian Fleming (then a Navy intelligence officer) along with other colleagues proposed a disinformation plot in which Crowley would have helped an MI5 agent supply Nazi official Rudolf Hess with faked horoscopes. They could then pass along false information about an alleged pro-German circle in Britain. The government abandoned this plan when Hess flew to Scotland, crashing his plane on the moors near Eaglesham, and was captured. Fleming then suggested using Crowley as an interrogator to determine the influence of astrology on other Nazi leaders, but his superiors rejected this plan. At some point, Fleming also suggested that Britain could use Enochian as a code in order to plant evidence.

Any juicy details about Nazi War Magic, then?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

There is a wikipaedia page called Nazism and Occultism

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You left out a lot I guess you learned your history.The same way you quote it altered.

August 17, 1942 - First all-American air attack in Europe
November 8, 1942 - Operation Torch begins (U.S. invasion of North Africa
February 14-25 -42 Battle of Kasserine Pass between the U.S. 1st Armored Division and German Panzers in North Africa.
TextJuly 9/10 - Allies land in Sicily
September 9, 1943 - Allied landings at Salerno and Taranto
October 1, 1943 - Allies enter Naples, Italy
October 13, 1943 - Italy declares war on Germany; Second American air raid on Schweinfurt
January 22, 1944 - Allies land at Anzio in Italy
March 15, 1944 - Second Allied attempt to capture Monte Cassino begins
May 11, 1944 - Allies attack the Gustav Line south of Rome
June 5, 1944 - Allies enter Rome
July 9/10 - Allies land in Sicily
July 22, 1943 - Americans capture Palermo, Sic
August 17, 1943 - American daylight air raids on Regensburg and Schweinfurt in Germany; Allies reach Messina, Sicily
June 5, 1944 - Allies enter Rome

edit on 10-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

i think you 'll find that what annoys people is the assertion that 'the good 'ole US saved your ass'
We know that the US armed forces contributed greatly to the war effort and those men are owed a great deal of gratitude,

But the people making claims of superiority over Britain in vaguely mocking posts - were not one of these brave men, they are just side line cheerers who were not even born when this war was being fought,

It demeans the men of the US armed forces and the British and the rest of the allied forces to be sort of mocked.

Britain was alone with her other allies for a long time, america initially was not overly helpful.

Plus America bankrupted Britain and forced her to give up her trading empire post war - the monetary debt to america was paid off in the late 1990s - finally.

So the loans etc - it was a double edged sword.

But there was no doubt that the British were fighting alone for quite a few years and with out Pearl harbour and maybe the sinking of the RMS Lusitania may well have remained that way .

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

The 2nd world war started way earlier than 1942 but you couldn't join the war until then because you were too busy making a profit out of it by supplying both sides.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join