It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear America,

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

Dear jnyblujns,

We have read your emotional letter and understand your concerns.
Maybe you could focus on one or even two of your concerns and maybe provide links or
.pdf files to present focus and further clarification of your point of view.

You may be interested in considering that "Private Enterprise" may be influencing your
assumptions and attitude. Particularly the Southern California Entertainment Industry AND
its investors/backers. An unacceptable amount of Lobbying and Foreign Influence has
deeply rooted itself into Washington D.C. as well.

The United States of America consists of more than 350 million people.
The majority of those people you will not see on Television, hear on The Radio,
or otherwise. However, these People Get Up and Go to Work Everyday.
Even if They are Currently Unemployed.

These People Hold The Future in Their Minds, Hearts, and Hands.
You are apparently one of us. You are not alone, and do not think for a moment
that a great turmoil does not exist in America today.
These People have not and will not forget the Economic,Moral,Ethical, and Psychological Injustices
that have been committed against them and as of yet future unborn generations of American
Citizens/Taxpayers.

Our Nation is not perfect. Nor are we as individuals.
If you look deep into this imperfection however, I Trust that you will discover
a very magical brightness.

This brightness is the ability to recognize our imperfections, point them out,
and create a solution. The solution is often just out of grasp, and yet I say to you,
Is not the Freedom to pursue perfection glorious in its own right?

You have in your own way achieved two of the challenges that face us all.
May I suggest to you that you tackle the challenge of Solutions for a change
rather than the prior.

Best to you and the obstacles that are ahead.

In God We Trust, Wildmanimal

edit on 9-2-2013 by Wildmanimal because: grammar

edit on 9-2-2013 by Wildmanimal because: grammar

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus
Don't be a quitter. Fight for your country. It is the government that sucks not the people.

Actually, I have to respectfully disagree. The government definitely sucks, but that's really not even the main reason I want to leave. Our entire culture sucks and it just keeps getting worse. A vast majority of people in this country are complete idiots and it's not going to get any better because the idiots breed at a much faster rate than the non-idiots. The reason our government sucks is because the people allow it to and a majority of people in this country just don't care at all so things are not going to get better. We're past the point of no return. If you've ever watched the movie Idiocracy, that's where we are headed very quickly and I don't want to live my life surrounded by it anymore.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I think you will find that idiots don't just live in America, but good luck with your new life. I would recommend the Bahamas. No taxes, friendly people.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The elite are headed to Uruguay, New Zealand, Patagonia. Love of country has nothing to do with it-they can see the writing on the wall. In fact, they are in positions to see more of it. If commoners like us know things are bad, what must they know?

The smart person knows when to get out of the house. Doesn't mean you won't come back when the person with the problems has gotten some help.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Very well written and pretty much true. I remember when America was great and I went to public school. I guess Normandy was a good day for us, the Moon landing was a highlight and there have been many other contributions by American Scientists, Scholars and Universities. America sends doctors to other countries to cure and perform corrective and essential surgeries their own doctors can't. I think it was American ingenuity and generosity that just pulled Chilean miners out of a difficult situation. I have to say we ARE a generous Nation. Without us the world would have a pitiful movie business. Hollywood and the old movies, cartoons. Rock bands, music in general, thank you very much. but like someone once told me, "It never was a Frank Capra world."

Within American politics there is a cabal of Heritage Foundation members, influential people whom the word rich does not begin to describe. It is the kind of power you'll find in a John Grisham novel and people whose names nobody knows, whose path we will never cross.
They are the shadow government. They have people do their bidding, create laws that benefit themselves. I do not know but I think there's a bunch of old tobacco, cotton growers, mine owners who spanned out into pork bellies, and oil and every thing between to monopolize all "commodities" and only a handful of people provide all our needs. This way they also control the prices.

Pharmaceutical drugs are the number one cause of death in America now, beating out automobile accidents. It took a few short years since the 80's when we decided it was a good idea to advertise drugs on TV. The US and New Zealand are the only countries that allow direct to consumer advertising of pharmaceuticals. Other countries banned it in the 40s.

I have a lot of complaints myself. The television is ridiculous these days. Watching fellow humans become humiliated and degraded has become entertainment. We used to have great shows on but instead of creativity and art we have pandered to profits and nothing else. It is rare to find quality anything since cheap products make the people who sell them more money and if the consumer has to buy it again, so what? All the better for the maker.

We rank low on the list of so many things like infant mortality, literacy, education, medical treatment and yes it seems we seriously abuse our own people. That is pretty bad but many people see it. You just didn't expect such scoundrels and skullduggery in government but after the 2 Kennedy's and King were assassinated, people quit fighting for justice for anyone anymore. People just rolled over and stopped fighting. It was as if we were afraid...confused and in shock. If another inspirational character comes along and people DO begin to unify...he or she will be shot down too. For these bad players in the shadows pulling strings and making it all "go" the worst that can happen is people unify.

Eventually I have to believe America will wake up from the doldrums and give us their A game.

Peace, good post/thread!

edit on 10-2-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Very well written.

Only one criticism, though... America isn't responsible for all that. America's GOVERNMENT is.

America itself is composed of people like me, rebellious teenagers, combined with ignorant sheeple, gangsters, goths, African Americans, Asians, Mexicans, Arabs, Indians, rednecks, snobs, and ordinary citizens.

It's the government doing the evil here. Not us misfits.

Although, some of us misfits have a bit of the blame to share for not doing anything to stop it.

I often feel the way you do, but I can never bring myself to entirely hate America. It's my home, and there are too many perks that come with being an American that the rest of the world doesn't have for me to hate this country.

edit on 10-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jnyblujns

Originally posted by Metallicus
Don't be a quitter. Fight for your country. It is the government that sucks not the people.

Actually, I have to respectfully disagree. The government definitely sucks, but that's really not even the main reason I want to leave. Our entire culture sucks and it just keeps getting worse. A vast majority of people in this country are complete idiots and it's not going to get any better because the idiots breed at a much faster rate than the non-idiots. The reason our government sucks is because the people allow it to and a majority of people in this country just don't care at all so things are not going to get better. We're past the point of no return. If you've ever watched the movie Idiocracy, that's where we are headed very quickly and I don't want to live my life surrounded by it anymore.

You're right, but our people have been brainwashed. By government.

It's not entirely our fault. But it IS our fault that we LET our society degenerate.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I left the states 8 years ago, retired on a combination pension and social security, about 50 years too late. There are numerous countries far better than the states where the climate is nice, the scenery unbelievably beautiful, nothing lacking for convenience, living far more affordable, water and food not contaminated with concealed poisons, and the people are honest and lovely to know, the women truly beautiful, in short, everything the United States has in quantites too small to count. I also have 100% medical and dental for FREE, every penny covered, even though it's far more available and of far higher quality and costs 1/5 as much without insurance. I'll probably never need full coverate, being very healthy at 64, but it's nice to have. With 8 years university math and science, a graduate 3.84 gpa, the last job I had in the states was with an alleged "research" company, next to the DOJ, where the managers it turned out were twisting workers into smoking crack or other drugs.

America. Leave it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I will say this though, what are YOU doing?

Improving my own morals, and thereby, improving the morals of those around me. Being a keyboard warrior, educating, loving, and protecting my loved ones, and controlling everything I personally have control over.

I'm all in favor of peaceful protests, and I'm also all in favor of guns.

But, when it comes to activism (though I really want to participate in Occupy Bilderberg and the pro-gun ralleys), I figure the people in those protests will the the first ones to go if TSHTF in my life time. I won't be able to protect my loved ones if I'm killed off before them.
edit on 10-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I have a few things to say.

1. I too, have lost faith in America and many of the citizens here.
2. This all happened when I traveled the world this last year+.

3. Great article Terry!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
nice vent is...all
now do yourself a big favor
may even save your life as..."know thy enemy that you may survive"

you can not "run and hide" from this in any corner of the world...at all

it's the UN

this story is centuries old and just why should we "being of current age" be not in this fold

the bankers rolled the UN on the world...world war 3 started as soon as ww2 ended...you just never got the memo nor studied this

all nations must fail so one nation can rise...that nation is the united nations
here's a quick video...secretary of state admitting the un's cfr tells us our agenda...

now in bringing you up to snuff here...couple this fact...obama chairs the UN security council as a sitting us president

america has been taken over by the UN
dhs is undercover UN take out force...boots on the ground and they are here

now back to your claim this is america..."america you no longer love"
love isn't a mere word...it's actions that only speak love's truth

america
even though i say we've been taken

AMERICA
hasn't fallen yet

to most it is best to run if you do "fear death"

but before you do run...note
our guns and ammo sales are through the roof...this is fact
AMERICAN FACT

if you ever did enjoy america's love or claim to of ever loved america
you'd stay and brace to be part of her's defense

if the UN is not stopped here...that is a story i'll never know
with any luck
those bankers behind the un will be erased from mankind...once and for all

so please
respect this country i was born in says one disabled american vet who will die in this country
even if my death is defending her on her soil

don't i have a long life expectancy in just spelling this out
but it has to be said

behind every symptom lies a problem
until the world not only america addresses the problem
the UN
the world will exist with symptoms of those problems not addressed
the bankers and their UN
edit on 10-2-2013 by lasvegasteddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
There is the political Amerika of reds, blues and purple people eaters on K Street and then......

There's the actual America.

It's still out here. So are they. Good folks....10's and 10's of millions of them. Only a bit over 50 % even voted this past election. Now that leaves over 100 million at the most minimums who didn't even do that much but surely have very strong opinions. Indeed.... America is going through bad times but they're something we get through in this nation and not become defined by, IMO.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I wish you good luck in your quest. I'll refrain from making deep comments but only throw a single thought for our Amercan friends:

America and Americans should seriously do some self analysis at this dark times.. The world is bigger the the US and believe me you don't really know much about it. This world have a very different view of things than you guys..Did you ever really stopped to think why??

I'm not attacking you but only trying to suggest you think about what's been going on in the world.
No, you're not helping the world as one said, you're exploiting it. Everything you kindly do has a very high price for other countries and this hurts!

There're amazing places in this world you can have a great and much better life, don't worry about it. Kind and caring people (and better food either).

I'm following this actual crisis and am really sorry you americans are loosing a bit of your self esteem. Maybe that will do you good, who knows.

It's sadwhen one looses faith in one's mother land, whatever country that may be. I'm a proud Brazilian citizen, live in a beautiful country and we are doing very good here. But we still have our problems and every country has its share.

And it's clear we're getting a bigger influx of foreigner immigration today, including Americans. So, you're very brave to speak out what many quietly feel, but due to this US pride culture don't manage to say.

Good luck for you. And I wish the US get over all this and get better and more conscious.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

If a major factor to you moving is our changing culture, I do suggest you move because it will only get worse. However, if a leader like Ghandi or Martin Luther King Jr comes into play as another member previously posted, I suggest you stay and fight the good fight whether it be fought with words or other means.

I like how you mentioned "Idiocracy" because I believe the first few minutes of the movie is the only part anybody needs to see. For all those who have never heard of the movie, watch this two minute clip. I believe the concept is a pretty accurate representation of present day America, especially with all of the government handouts...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Brilliantly written regardless of others opinions about the subject matter
Thanks for posting a well thought out, beautifully written thread, It was a pleasure to read
SnF for you my friend

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I'm in total agreement with you. If I had the $$$, I'd leave, too. Big Pharma, the illegal Federal Reserve, the Ponzi schemes of the Fed and Social Secuirty, the failure of the Justice Dept. to prosecute the Banksters on Walls Street and the money-junkies, the gun-running by the Justice Dept., the opium fields that our military has reopened in Afghanistan after the Taliban had outlawed them, a fiat, debt-based currency with no inherent value, the gun-grabbers who only want the criminals and the cops (many of whom are criminal themselves), the drones that are killing thousands of innocent men, women, children and BABIES, the unconstitutional, undeclared wars (we now have troops as well in 35 countries in Africa), our puppet-master Israel deciding our foreign policy, a Catholic church that condones and hides pedophilic priests, a so-called Christian right-wing that never bothers to read the inconsistencies, lies, adultery, incest, murder authorized by a magic-man-in-the-sky in its own Bibles, an out-of-control President and military (looks now like the Fourth Reich).......it's all nauseating and surreal.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Nail to hammer. A lot of people are being critical towards you, while they are armchair quarterbacking. They aren't doing a thing. Quite hypocritical.

Ok, I'll try and be polite and not call anyone names like some of you have done. Listen, I know I'm in the minority here and I'm fine with that. I honestly think some of you kind of missed the entire point, but that's ok as well.

To those of you who call me a coward, I can see where you're coming from, from your point of view. I will say this though, what are YOU doing? I don't see any of you leading a march on the white house.

I know there are good, intelligent people in this country who want drastic change. Lots of them. But, from where I stand, they're outnumbered about a thousand to one by ignorant, complacent people who see absolutely nothing wrong with the way things are going, and the ignorant, complacent population is growing at a much faster rate. I think the only difference between myself and some of you who are attacking me, is that I just honestly believe deep in my heart that it's too late to do anything. The entire culture of this country is shifting into something that I just no longer want to be a part of.

Those of you who don't believe it's too late, that's fine. That's great actually. I'm glad you still have hope.

I never said anywhere that other countries were perfect and haven't done horrible things as well. I just believe that there are other countries out there that are headed in the right direction and have a culture that I would be happier living in.

I wish nothing but the best for this country and its people, but in my OPINION, I feel that our entire culture in in a downward spiral that cannot be reversed and life is too short to stay in a country you don't like living in because of some unquestioning allegiance I'm suppose to have just because I happened to be born here.
edit on 9-2-2013 by jnyblujns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Just one point here, do you actually think that the United States media isn't controlled by the government therein? Anyways, my location may be Switzerland, but I am originally from Alabama. Life just took me here (high demand for those who known the inner workings of American DOD contracts). That being said, I don't think the fight is over yet, but you can't blame folks for losing morale given the bleakness of the situation.

On another point, all countries do generally evil things. I know quite a bit about ours (America) by first hand account... I find it hypocritical to demonize the U.S. for things that all nations do personally. However, the country is goose-stepping towards a place that won't exactly be lovely to live in. And that is the bottom line. So the choice comes to fight for change via the most realistic solution - politically and with your pocket book - or to find happiness elsewhere. Can't blame folks for either choice they may make.

Originally posted by ItDepends

I don't see any of you leading a march on the white house.

I know there are good, intelligent people in this country who want drastic change. Lots of them. But, from where I stand, they're outnumbered about a thousand to one by ignorant, complacent people who see absolutely nothing wrong with the way things are going, and the ignorant, complacent population is growing at a much faster rate.

Those of you who don't believe it's too late, that's fine. That's great actually. I'm glad you still have hope.

I never said anywhere that other countries were perfect and haven't done horrible things as well. I just believe that there are other countries out there that are headed in the right direction and have a culture that I would be happier living in.

I wish nothing but the best for this country and its people, but in my OPINION,

Look, you put this in Rant! So, some of us are just kind of Ranting back.....I have served my Country in the U.S, Military. Doesn't make me any better or greater than anyone else, not saying that. Just a perspective that I bring to the table, along with the rest of my life experiences while living in the Greatest Country in the World, The United States of Americal.

I do not believe we need another Revolution or an attack on our government. I just don't believe that is necessary.

You most definitely are entitled to your OPINION. And maybe, I reacted a little harshly, but, I believe you are closing your eyes to the atrocities in the World and not giving America the credit it deserves. I am not going to sugar coat anything. However, I will come back to this thread later today......I do need to help my neighbors to dig out of this snow.....they are older, I am younger and I want to help them.

I will be back, but, just do something for your self, search the net, and see the problems that exist in other countries....try and see if you can get information from some of these closed countries.....their media is run by their governments.

I vote, I work in the community, I care about people, and I LOVE my Country. But, I do need to leave, but will be back..............I think this could be a very good thread, and I appreciate your effort to communicate your beliefs and opinions. WE just disagree........later.

Peace!! ID

edit on 10-2-2013 by Wisescarab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Did OP nail it or what.

just what I was thinking/feeling

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

There are various people, services and companies in USA, I can not say anything like that to the all of Americans

For the improvers of my profile

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join