It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stress + Alcohol + ATS = Apology Time

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by jude11

It takes a lot of time to cultivate respect on a board such as this but only a few minutes to destroy it all.

Yep,ain't that the truth

But sometimes holding back can hurt the board much more,that is if it is a critical point the needs to be made instead of something continuing on that needs to be addressed.
That is when a gentle nudge is needed in the right direction instead of a full out assault on the mental abilities of such person.

No worries. I can still bring it if needed.

Just have to take that step back, walk outside and have a smoke. Like you right?

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Lately I’ve been a little less than kind in my interactions with other members and have found myself guilty of those one line posts that do nothing but insult other members whether deserved or not. To be honest, less than cool.

We should share the u2u session we had a little while ago, huh Jude..? We would both be laughed out of town.

You bring both an In your face approach and matter of fact attitude to the site, and it's appreciated and needed.

We all get 'belligerent'...what really matters is whether or not we make a habit out of it.

Cya on the boards...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You'd be surprised how a good hiatus can improve your view. I stepped away for a couple of weeks, away from ATS and the computer in general. When you return, I tend to find it's a different view, a less wound-up one. Just got outside and did some gardening and worked on the car for a bit, and of course spent time with the family just doing general stuff.

One thing this site (or any forum site across the web) tends to do is hone your argumentative skills. When it spills over into RL, I always think it's time to step away, especially in stressful times. I probably spent more time in recent months apologising to people I snapped at, and sadly enough, coming here daily just adds to that stress.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by jude11

Lately I’ve been a little less than kind in my interactions with other members and have found myself guilty of those one line posts that do nothing but insult other members whether deserved or not. To be honest, less than cool.

We should share the u2u session we had a little while ago, huh Jude..? We would both be laughed out of town.

You bring both an In your face approach and matter of fact attitude to the site, and it's appreciated and needed.

We all get 'belligerent'...what really matters is whether or not we make a habit out of it.

Cya on the boards...

Some things should never be shared...

I truly appreciate you coming onto this thread and you know why.

And yes, a habit can define us whereas a temporary slip is human.

Thank you and yes, cya on the boards.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I too,am not sure exactly what it is you did.But I enjoy your posts here and reading your op it definately seems out of character for you.You have my respect for owning up to it

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
I too,am not sure exactly what it is you did.But I enjoy your posts here and reading your op it definately seems out of character for you.You have my respect for owning up to it

It's not so much what I did but the lack of respect and decorum I've been displaying as of late. Just not who I started out to be on these boards and definitely not the impression I want to leave.

When I started here, I was just feeling the waters and it seems that because of a certain quality of threads both informative and/or entertaining, quite quickly rose to a certain level of contributor.

And recently I've felt that I'm disappointing those that worked with me through the beginning. I owe them respect and honesty to say the least. Thus, the apology due to my out-of-character contributions lately. And let's not forget the most important resource of ATS, the new members. If they see myself as well as a few other members in good standing carrying on without respect for members and the site itself, what does that say about us?

We have an obligation to older members as well as the new. Maybe even especially the new?

If I'm disappointed in myself I can't blame others because it's always the source that is the last to have the moment of realization...right?

And the way I've been treating people lately is no where near how I would want to be treated on the site. I've become jaded, short tempered and very rude to some members here and it just isn't the way I would want to be treated.

Peace

edit on 9-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by jude11

You'd be surprised how a good hiatus can improve your view. I stepped away for a couple of weeks, away from ATS and the computer in general. When you return, I tend to find it's a different view, a less wound-up one. Just got outside and did some gardening and worked on the car for a bit, and of course spent time with the family just doing general stuff.

One thing this site (or any forum site across the web) tends to do is hone your argumentative skills. When it spills over into RL, I always think it's time to step away, especially in stressful times. I probably spent more time in recent months apologising to people I snapped at, and sadly enough, coming here daily just adds to that stress.

Agreed.

A little break may be in order for me.

Thanks for the advice.

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Been there, done that.

It's all good.

(courtesy of Slayer)
edit on 9-2-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by jude11

Been there, done that.

It's all good.

(courtesy of Slayer)
edit on 9-2-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Rabbit Dude,

You've been there, done that and designed the T-Shirt...I know.

Thanks for weighing in. You are one of the members that I listen to, watch and respect.

But damn dude! Ya really gotta clean up those pellets...

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Geeza we have all been there, i myself am guilty

I don't think i have been rude but i have posted nonsense and may have been inappropriate once or twice (usually half way through my second bottle of red)

I now have a rule, switch of the laptop when i am half way through my first bottle and don't switch it back on till the mornin.

Seems to work for me.

Anyway no need to feel to bad

After all we are only human.
edit on 9-2-2013 by marvinthemartian because: oops dyslexic

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I try very hard to listen when others say I have done wrong and admit to it. It is wonderful to see that others do as well. It is very hard and embarassing to say "You know... you are right... I'm being an arse" but you will find once you say it, people open their arms to you in understanding and love. Good for you

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Do't read too much into this, it's just a joke....

A guy has been drinking a lot for the past few years. He has lost his wife, house, car, and just now his job. He is sitting on a curb with an almost empty bottle crying. He just realized that the bottle made him loose everything. He stands up, gets ready to smash the bottle, and all of the sudden, it swishes. He said" Did you just say you were sorry?"

For what it's worth, I went through the business problems about three years ago and finally gave it up in 2011. I felt like a failure, but have since bounced back. (working for someone else now) There is one line in the song Simple Man that always rings true. "Troubles will come, and they will pass."

edit on 9-2-2013 by network dude because: fixed bad spler

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
very sympathic thread

yes you are absolutely spot on -
longer time stress, and suddenly it can backfire because of a simple post

..i ve had it that the next day i still was blushing of shame...grin

respect for your sincerity
posts like this causes ATS to Open Up a little

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Been there done that.
Still do occasionally
Kudos for the post) luckily members here generally are intelligent enough to recognize when we ere, and just move on.
Well done ATS

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well done, my friend. It takes courage and moral fiber to apologize. Well done, indeed.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Jude,

You are awesome!!!!

Remember, none of us are perfect.

Im glad you noticed your misgivings and apologized though. You are sweet. Don't worry as we all lose our cool.

Jenn

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yeah, I've been guilty of the same as well. Mostly stress for me. If people knew what I was going through right now they'd crap a big brick of understanding.

Good to know some people can admit their mistakes and ask for forgiveness. Good on you.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Oh I noticed for the last month or so.. Called you out a few times for it.

I even played a song for you..

Glad to have you back.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
ALCOHOL = The Great Un-Inhibitor

Magical stuff, that....

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

To be truthful, I've rarely seen you post something snarky, and even then it was in good humor. But you were there to give me support when I had my "moment" and apoligized. I took the month off and came back a different member (attitude wise that is).

Best of luck in handling your problems. I would like to believe that you are doing better than you give yourself credit for. Just recognizing that the stress has been getting the better of you is a step in the right direction to eventually fixing things.

ETA: I've never felt offended by any of your posts, even when we have disagreed.
You've always been quite civil I thought.
edit on 9-2-2013 by TDawgRex because: Time for a nap.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join