learn more

Stress + Alcohol + ATS = Apology Time

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have to take the time to apologize here.

Lately I’ve been a little less than kind in my interactions with other members and have found myself guilty of those one line posts that do nothing but insult other members whether deserved or not. To be honest, less than cool.

I’ve been really stressed with my business lately and have found myself having a few too many JD shots at night and we all know where that leads.
Stress + alcohol + ATS…What could possibly be wrong with this equation?

Last night was an eye opener for me and although I can’t mention the member’s name here, I believe he’ll know these words of apology extend to him as well as a few others. I can’t believe I was so rude to another member in good standing and hope that an apology is accepted. Truly.

When I first joined ATS I was like a kid with a new toy. I devoured threads both new and old. I asked questions of other members and gave respect where it was earned. I wrote threads galore and loved every minute of it. I lost and started a business while being a member. Then started another one which many members were intrigued by and quite a few gave advice as well as an open invitation to ask for help at any time if needed. So what went wrong?

I got jaded to put it simply. Opening one’s eyes to the reality of the World is one thing but to have reality stand up and deliver a smack down to the heart and soul is quite another. I found myself hating everything, not trusting anything or anyone. People, Govt. Big Biz…everything. I started to live in a shell because I couldn’t talk to anyone in my life about everything I’ve learned in the last year or so. In short, frustrated to the point of looking at everyone around me and thinking “What the hell is wrong with you? Can’t you see the truth? If not, go away because I don’t have time to explain it all.”

Yup, that’s how it got to be. Not cool at all. I should have taken the role as a teacher rather than looking down at others for not seeing what is really going on out there. Pretty bad huh?

I know that I as well as many others have seen a significant change in ATS that is quite simply puzzling. I won’t go into that issue here as it’s been done many times. I got to the point of not creating threads anymore. Then my business was struggling and I got depressed. Now my business is passing me by in what I can only say is success. A new stress level has been born. Can’t sleep? JD shots to the rescue. But then just one more check-in to ATS….and there it is.

I know I’m rambling here and what was supposed to be a short apology is getting a little long. So I will just say that I’m sorry to those that I’ve offended. Many know me as not being that guy. Well, not always.
If I could spank myself I would but that might require more than just a few JD shots.

In closing, I promise to do better on these boards and to be a part of the solution once again instead of being part of the problem.

Just had to get it out there.

Peace to all!

edit on 8-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Next round is on me

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
why does everyone blame drink
i love alcohol and feel like someone has to stand up for it

edit on 8-2-2013 by xszawe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe
why does everyone blame drink
i love alcohol and feel like someone has to stand up for it

edit on 8-2-2013 by xszawe because: (no reason given)

I also like to drink but lately I've been noticing that my temper and patience go to extremes when I take a few shots. Then some thread on ATS strikes me the wrong way and there it is.

I know the person behind the drink is ultimately responsible tho.

Hence, the apology.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk
Next round is on me

I'll sit this one out thanks.

Wait! What the hell am I saying? Belly up to da bar!

No one says I have to stop drinking but I will put the keyboard to bed first...

Peace

edit on 8-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You have not offended me. In the past (and of course now) I always enjoy reading what you have to say.

I have respect for you. Your apology is wonderful; I enjoyed reading it.

Also...you have given me some (food for thought) that being; to be part of the solution instead of the problem; something I need to work on too.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I don't know what you did
but I'm impressed by how you're handling it.
I wish more people (here, and in general) were as introspective.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by jude11

You have not offended me. In the past (and of course now) I always enjoy reading what you have to say.

I have respect for you. Your apology is wonderful; I enjoyed reading it.

Also...you have given me some (food for thought) that being; to be part of the solution instead of the problem; something I need to work on too.

I'm glad I haven't. I'm sitting here waiting to take my medicine tho. There are a few I've offended and quite unfairly so.

Hardest thing to do IMO is to be part of the solution. Like riding a rusty bike uphill.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You words touched a part of me, that needed touching. You are a Teacher...never doubt that Jude.

Des

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Your Thread Title + Alcohol = LMAO.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
I don't know what you did
but I'm impressed by how you're handling it.
I wish more people (here, and in general) were as introspective.

Not so much about doing anything but rather just treating others with less respect than I would want to be treated in kind.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by jude11

You words touched a part of me, that needed touching. You are a Teacher...never doubt that Jude.

Des

Thanx Des.

That quite honestly brought a tear to my eye (just a small one.
) and I truly appreciate it.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by jude11

Your Thread Title + Alcohol = LMAO.

Only because it's true...

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It takes courage, humbleness and the art of being a sincere human being to apologize on a internet forum.

With such an act, you are setting a postive example for the rest of us. No one is perfect in this world, but we can help one another to grow and evolve with our imperfections. You're a good man, and my respect for you increases every day; with every honest thread.

Tonight, you made a difference in my world and I'm not even the guy you are apologizing to. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
It takes courage, humbleness and the art of being a sincere human being to apologize on a internet forum.

With such an act, you are setting a postive example for the rest of us. No one is perfect in this world, but we can help one another to grow and evolve with our imperfections. You're a good man, and my respect for you increases every day; with every honest thread.

Tonight, you made a difference in my world and I'm not even the guy you are apologizing to. Thank you.

Thanks for the kind words.

I do however don't feel it took any courage on my part to apologize to those I've wronged. Some of these people have become friends and/or foes during our time here and when an apology is deserved, it doesn't take courage but rather just a light bulb moment of "What the hell am I doing" to my friends and even foes that I have come to respect and appreciate.

I had that moment.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It happen's to the best of us.
Not saying I'm one of them,just saying.

Do you know how many times I started a post,take a step back and delete it?
Actually not deleting it but closing the browser then take a walk about.Pace around outside smoking a cig.
Not enough.
In my case,the more alcohol involved,the more posting I do.

Peace,
K

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wow what a great post!
Admitting when you're wrong says volumes about a person's character.
S + F for realizing your mistake and having the courage to face up to it!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
It happen's to the best of us.
Not saying I'm one of them,just saying.

Do you know how many times I started a post,take a step back and delete it?
Actually not deleting it but closing the browser then take a walk about.Pace around outside smoking a cig.
Not enough.
In my case,the more alcohol involved,the more posting I do.

Peace,
K

Yup, more alcohol does transform into more posting for me as well.

It's the not stepping back thing that truly does the damage. It takes a lot of time to cultivate respect on a board such as this but only a few minutes to destroy it all.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IWant2Believe323
Wow what a great post!
Admitting when you're wrong says volumes about a person's character.
S + F for realizing your mistake and having the courage to face up to it!

Thanks for the words...really appreciated.

I just started to be the type of person I've come to not like when I see them on the boards. Don't wanna be 'That Guy'

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It takes a lot of time to cultivate respect on a board such as this but only a few minutes to destroy it all.

Yep,ain't that the truth

But sometimes holding back can hurt the board much more,that is if it is a critical point the needs to be made instead of something continuing on that needs to be addressed.
That is when a gentle nudge is needed in the right direction instead of a full out assault on the mental abilities of such person.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join