It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I have an S.H. question?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ok Mods and Owners, since every Sandy Hook thread has been deleted from the boards with the previous stipulations that any inflammatory or seditious statements were UN- Acceptable. Why don't you lay out for us, specifically what is acceptable for us to converse about since everything so far has failed the grade.

I know I would really like to know as would I'm sure many others here. If the whole topic is off limits than you need let us know. If not you should be more specific as to what is acceptable so we need not waste our time here at the premier conspiracy website in the world trying to circumnavigate your hidden protocols to be able to discuss this openly.

I personally think you owe your members an explanation as to the reason for the censorship giving the role you have held for so long and given the fact that these members showing up every day help facilitate the advertisers that buy space on your site? They come here for the very freedom you have provided and in this circumstance your selling them out.Why is my question

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

First, every thread on the subject hasnt been removed, thats just an outright lie. Second, There have been multiple attempts to explain it. Its not the admin's fault that people dont get it.

The long and short of it is that they will not allow anyone to implicate any victims of this tragedy, and they wont allow the posting of personal information.

Here's the post from Skeptic Overlord. Cant get much more plain than this:

I will repost, again, what I posted in other threads dealing with Sandy Hook, because I want in know how I -- one of the chief architects of what ATS is today -- thinks of our membership in respect to the subject: The Tragedy at Sandy Hook HAS BROUGHT OUT THE WORST of AboveTopSecret.com I and our staff have witnessed the most incredible shameless self-absorbed credulous nonsense from our members following one of the worst horrors ever to hit a small community -- much less any community. And this thread is the absolute worst display of your ludicrous narcissistic conjecture -- outing personal details of a private citizen and mocking him on the pages of our precious ATS for the world to see. You should be ashamed -- but clearly, you're not capable of that. This site, and its discussion board, was refashioned between 2003 and 2005 to hold conspiracy speculation to a higher standard and ideal than the typical mayhem and lunacy that was then popular throughout Internet communities dealing with similar subject matter. Our motto of "Deny Ignorance" was a call to action to be skeptical critical thinkers with regard to official stories and the ever worsening mass media. We took a great deal of flak, absorbed consistent criticism, and often saw ourselves smeared simply for holding to our ideals that these subjects deserve better of us. ATS management and staff held strong, never wavered, and grew to one of the most popular discussion boards of any topic. The wildly foolish self-absorbed conjecture regarding the massacre in Newtown, CT has, in my opinion, thrown the quality of conversation on ATS all the way back to how horrible it was before we started our 6 years of hard work. Posting personal information of private citizens, then casting nasty aspersions on them, is the lowest of lows I've ever seen on this site for which I was once proud. Those who have the urge to speculate on the minute oddities of the "story line" as is currently known should take fair warning that if the ethical quality of the discussion does not immediately improve, the staff will have no choice but to place a temporary hold on all discussions related to the massacre. The staff and I will not let you ruin our years of hard work and suffer your ridiculousness.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I've read that five times over and I can tell you with all certainty that there have been numerous post that have been deleted that did not fall into those guidelines

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

Thread
Thread
Thread
Thread
Thread
Thread
Thread
Thread

I didn't stop there because I ran out of links. I stopped because the point is made. The very basis of your opening statements is false.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by twohawks
I've read that five times over and I can tell you with all certainty that there have been numerous post that have been deleted that did not fall into those guidelines

The topic of the thread may not have fallen in, but the content within did. But maybe Im wrong...can you link to an example of what you are saying?

And why do you claim there are no threads on the topic when there is one on the front page, and more in the top 50?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The posts and threads that have been removed from ATS are the ones supporting the idea that the SH massacre was a HOAX.

ATS will not entertain that ridiculously insulting, demeaning and intellectually dishonest viewpoint from anybody.

As linked above there are a dozen or more SH threads that are open and active and the conversations have been within the guidelines that SO and Springer provided in numerous posts since the tragedy.

The answers are available, the main one linked just above in another post.

Further questions or concerns may be taken up with ATS Staff via the Complaint Feature.

Thread Closed.

~Tenth
ATS Mod
edit on 2/7/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join