Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Psychic Cells

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
'Psychic cells': Scientists discover cells can communicate through physical barriers


(Phys.org)—Scientists at UCLA and Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science have discovered a possible method by which cancer cells and dying cells communicate with nearby normal nerve cells without being physically connected to them.

Dr. Keith Norris, senior author of the research and assistant dean for clinical and translational science at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, said the study contributes to the understanding of cell communication, which until now was known to take place only through direct contact or direct stimulation of receptors in the cells of molecules known as ligands or in hormones, signaling factors, nerves and other pathways.

It now appears, the researchers say, that cells may be able to effectively communicate through physical barriers. Their study appears in the January 2013 issue of the peer-reviewed American Journal of Translational Research.

For the study, Norris and his colleagues reported on how normal nerve cells isolated in an enclosed chamber behave during a function known calcium signal processing. The team found that when these isolated nerve cells were surrounded by other normal nerve cells outside the barrier, they had the same calcium signaling properties.

However, when the normal isolated nerve cells were surrounded by cancer cells or dying cells, they processed the calcium signals differently, suggesting there was communication from the surrounding cells. The physical barrier between the cells prevented hormonal, ligand-receptor and other traditional forms of cell-to-cell communication.




edit on 7-2-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)


 

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.
edit on 7-2-2013 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Science seems to be slowly inching toward the earth-shattering realization that psychic ability is not superstition...

It's in our cells, our DNA.

It's inevitable.

Sooner or later science will reach a point of no return... when all the "skepticism" in the world won't be able to hold back the truth. That's when a paradigm shift will happen. That's when the mind-guards of materialism will finally get their comeuppance. They will have to answer for their lies.

edit on 7-2-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Limitations of our study are that although the inner chamber is enclosed we still cannot exclude the possibility of volatile communication via aromatic compounds. Activation of phospholiase can potentially serve as biochemical messengers across nearby cellular colonies.



In addition, other potent signal transduction gases including NO and CO produced by nNOS and Heme oxygenases can be carried in air from one compartment to other where through formation of second messenger (e.g.cGMP) can alter [Ca2+]i and cell function in the cells residing in the neighboring compartment.



Finally, hydrogen sulfide (H2S) is another recognized signal transduction gas produced by cystathionine c-lyase or cystathionase, cystathionine b-synthase and 3-mercaptopyruvate sulphurtransferase.



Also, we only looked at the effects of two different cell types/conditions on the inner DRG cells and we did not examine other cell types in the inner chamber.

www.ajtr.org...


Yes, "further studies" would indeed seem to be in order.
edit on 2/7/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Even if true, which Phage summed up, it IS an if, how do you jump to a psychic connection? Perhaps a non-chemical signal, a wave signal of some sort, is used. Jumping to 'psychic' cells shows your bias, and your kind has already had their comeuppance.



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


Why is it that you have not considered that Aromatic compounds are relevant to communication.

Perhaps some aspects of telepathy are based upon a sense of smell.



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai
 


That would not be telepathy. That would be olfaction.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Even if true, which Phage summed up, it IS an if, how do you jump to a psychic connection? Perhaps a non-chemical signal, a wave signal of some sort, is used. Jumping to 'psychic' cells shows your bias, and your kind has already had their comeuppance.


As for how I jump, this is part of the answer. A tiny part.

DNA Molecules Display Telepathy-like Quality

There is a lot going on in the realm of psychic understanding but people miss it... too much noise and dis-info out there courtesy of the mind-guards and spin-doctors of the dominant paradigm trying to preserve the status quo.

Psychic functioning doesn't have to be thought of in a supernatural framework, and it does have to be a part in an intellectually honest non-supernatural framework. The wieght of the cumulative evidence demands it. It's easy to see that once one has found a way to cut through the noise.

edit on 8-2-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

As for how I jump, this is part of the answer. A tiny part.

DNA Molecules Display Telepathy-like Quality

There is a lot going on in the realm of psychic understanding but people miss it... too much noise and dis-info out there courtesy of the mind-guards and spin-doctors of the dominant paradigm trying to preserve the status quo.


You should have read a bit more for understanding, and less for keywords:



Although it looks as if spooky action or telepathic recognition is going on, DNA operates under the laws of physics, not the supernatural.

To understand what researchers conjecture is really happening, think of double helixes of DNA as corkscrews. The bases that make up a strand of DNA each cause the corkscrew to bend one way or the other. Double-stranded DNA with identical sequences each result in corkscrews "whose ridges and grooves match up," said researcher Sergey Leikin, a physical biochemist at the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development in Bethesda, Md.

The electrically charged chains of sugars and phosphates of double helixes of DNA cause the molecules to repel each other. However, identical DNA double helixes have matching curves, meaning they repel each other the least, Leikin explained.


The article itself, as I expected it might, explains what's going on. Not 'telepathy' in a literal sense. It's more like vanderWaals force. They align because they have similar physical shape and repel each other the least. This gives you an entropy minima when they align, and thermal energy will shake them into position. And Bob's your psychic uncle.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Once in a great while, I find something serendipitous.

A few years back, I read that this poet from MIT I think, with profound visual loss from RP had been working with the physics lab to develop a device that scanned her retina with a laser. The laser 'painted' a visual scene from a camera onto her retina, which was already profoundly damaged and very insensitive to light. But with the laser system, it was able to trigger the retinal neurons directly and she could "see" albeit in monochrome and not with a lot of detail. But it was a really big leap for her. The apparatus was horky - big, bulky, fragile, impossible to tote around. "One day", she said, "I'll be able to walk around with a tiny system and see the world".

Only the military already had it, and it was in a pair of goggly looking eyeglasses, more or less. It was for painting a text overlay onto your retina while you looked at a display - it tracked your eye position and adjusted in real time. It could also follow your head position and overlay text and graphics onto what you saw "in the real world". And what they were using it for was to do a "real world heads up display" for a tank commander.

So I got on the phone and married the MIT optics guys up with the military contractor doing the HUD system. Didn't get anything out of it but it was fun to talk with the profs and say "Hey, you can buy that - go for it"

Same here.

I'm going to have to email the author(s), but looking at their paper, it could be an old, oddball, but replicable effect. It depends on how they implemented their "chamber in a chamber" petri dish. If it's quartz, their search is at an end - I know what they're seeing.

edit to add: email away. We'll see.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-2-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam
 


You can spin it in a way that fits into your paradigm if you want. But there will come a day when people won't be able to spin it away anymore. 'Non-local' communication between subatomic particles can be demonstrated, it's the basis of how quantum entanglement has been used to teleport information.

www.eurekalert.org...

edit on 8-2-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
reply to post by Bedlam
 


You can spin it in a way that fits into your paradigm if you want. But there will come a day when people won't be able to spin it away anymore. 'Non-local' communication between subatomic particles can be demonstrated, it's the basis of how quantum entanglement has been used to teleport information.

www.eurekalert.org...


What spin? Your own cite states it.

Quantum entanglement is something quite specific - you'll have to explain how it applies here.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule
 


Hmm. I have long understood our nervous systems to be a kind of instantaneous non-physical network, much like the Internet. Need to read more on this, but it seems to be more about how normal communications are short-circuited. Good catch tho.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Kashai
 


That would not be telepathy. That would be olfaction.


Animals communicate all types of information about each other though olfaction and there is really no reason to believe that capacity does not exist in humans. In gambling institutions where gambling is legal the pheromones of women who have recently given birth have actually sprayed in the casino's. It seems to calm people down and make them feel safe and secure.....



If human pheromones really are all that they are cracked up to be, they certainly have the potential to change society. The people who are too shy to meet people can become outgoing people pleasers if they have enough money. The military can do much of its work with unmanned machinery led by synthetic pheromones, allowing the soldiers to complete other missions, potentially less in the line of fire. And retailers can draw more clientele into their businesses without flashy advertisements or sales. Life would certainly be different, but would it be improved? That's up for debate, what is certain is that more effective, nonbiased research needs to be performed before anyone can form an educated opinion of the topic.


Source

I mean if you smell something and it can have an effect on your behavior what is that??



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai
 




I mean if you smell something and it can have an effect on your behavior what is that??

Not telepathy. It has nothing to do with thought transference. It has nothing to do with extrasensory perception.
edit on 2/8/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Kashai
 




I mean if you smell something and it can have an effect on your behavior what is that??

Not telepathy. It has nothing to do with thought transference. It has nothing to do with extrasensory perception.
edit on 2/8/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)


I beg to differ, the phenomenon affects behavior and as far as cause, it is due to how these scents, do have an effect upon behavior. Its a chemical messenger that illicit s specific behavior, whose casue interacts directly with the brain.

Further there is no reason to generalize such a condition as no longer existing in humans.

Nice to hear from you again



posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai
 




I beg to differ, the phenomenon affects behavior and as far as cause, it is due to how these scents, do have an effect upon behavior.

What does telepathy, extrasensory perception, have to do with effects upon behavior?
What do pheromones have to do with extrasensory perception? They utilize known sensory effects upon known sensory organs.



posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Kashai
 




I beg to differ, the phenomenon affects behavior and as far as cause, it is due to how these scents, do have an effect upon behavior.

What does telepathy, extrasensory perception, have to do with effects upon behavior?
What do pheromones have to do with extrasensory perception? They utilize known sensory effects upon known sensory organs.



I posted a link on how pheromones can affect behavior that even included military applications in this thread..

I have mentioned some humans could very well still have the capacity to know things about other people they could not "possibly know", though sense of smell like animals do, about other animals.


Further reading



posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai
 


I posted a link on how pheromones can affect behavior that even included military applications in this thread..

Yes. I know you did.


I have mentioned some humans could very well still have the capacity to know things about other people they could not "possibly know", though sense of smell like animals do, about other animals.
I'm glad you agree that there is no extrasensory perception involved. No psychic ability. Just the good old olfactory organs.



posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by BlueMule
 


Hmm. I have long understood our nervous systems to be a kind of instantaneous non-physical network, much like the Internet. Need to read more on this, but it seems to be more about how normal communications are short-circuited. Good catch tho.


There is nothing "instantaneous", or "non-physical" about the internet.

There is latency involved, and tons of routers, switches, repeaters, fiber and copper lines, and much more... all of which are very real physical objects.



posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Kashai
 


I posted a link on how pheromones can affect behavior that even included military applications in this thread..

Yes. I know you did.


I have mentioned some humans could very well still have the capacity to know things about other people they could not "possibly know", though sense of smell like animals do, about other animals.
I'm glad you agree that there is no extrasensory perception involved. No psychic ability. Just the good old olfactory organs.


Actually I am agreeing this is a factor that can be explained this way, there are other issues with respect to paranormal experiences that cannot, such a precognition.

edit on 9-2-2013 by Kashai because: added content





new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join